• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

Do you find the taste of shrooms disgusting (enough to take measures - which? ) ?

• I don't mind the taste and eat them dry or fresh just fine

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • It is a bit nasty but I just suck it up and chew on them anyway

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • I mind the taste a lot, I eat them as quickly as possible

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I hate the taste, only use in tea or soup, (etc)

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Other (... state in post)

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
isotopic - your wrong about redosing on acid being a waste. We regularly started with 2 tabs and have another 3 halves over about 12 hours. After each tab things are very different, but its shit difficult when your not tripping to appropriately communicate this.

^ Tolerance goes up really quickly... using it two days in a row will diminish the effects (tolerance goes down really quickly, too)

1- I have to assume it's the case that both of my friends took under the threshold amounts and thus never felt anything? He took what his friend gave him, she had one sugar cube. Is it likely he didn't eat enough shrooms and she didn't have alot of LSD on the sugar cube?

pretty much....

2- For both shrooms and LSD, is body weight a factor? He's a 260lb guy, she's a 110lb girl. Would shrooms be more weight dependent due to them being eaten as opposed to absorbed, as in the case with acid?
meh, from my understanding its pretty negligable....

3- I've found with ecstasy that after a certain point, there's no point in taking any more- it's just a waste (due to serotonin being spent). Is acid the same way? In other words, If i took a tab, then took another an hour later, then took another like 6 hours later, I have to assume that the third tab would bring me back up a little bit, but not to the same level as i was at with the first two, correct?
Maybe a little bit, but tolerance builds within the hour with LSD, you ould need to eat pretty much double at the tail end of it to get back to where you were...

[/quote]
4- With regard to the previous question, how do you guys go about taking your high doses? Do you take them all within that first 1-4 hour coming up/peaking time?
[/QUOTE]

I generally eat however much of a psych im planning on eating all at once....

The only real exception is festival tripping, and then im generally moving from tryptamines to PEAs and mixing the drugs up to try and work against cross tolerances....

isotopic - your wrong about redosing on acid being a waste. We regularly started with 2 tabs and have another 3 halves over about 12 hours. After each tab things are very different, but its shit difficult when your not tripping to appropriately communicate this.

Perhaps I am mistaken... everytime I have attempted to redose (usually at the 2-3 hour mark) it doesn't seem to enhance the effects at all.

IE I took 2 hits and really wasn't tripping as hard as I would have liked around the 2-3 hour mark and so I took another one with no increase in effects... just a longer than normal duration.

The only time the intensity increased slightly was when I started with 2 and then took another 4 around two hours in.

YMMW

Tolerance to LSD basically erects a brick wall on your brain about 5 hours after first dose....more will add *something* but not much. Of course, a lot more will add a lot more *something*. :)

Mushrooms are quite dependant on body weight IMO; LSD less so, but that could be because of its incredible potency.

yo cant take acid like an hour later cos the tolerance would have already developed eh ?

1. Yes, it's entirely conceivable that both your friends just took too little or they got weak (maybe even inactive) substances. Unfortunately with these things it's like if you don't know what you're getting that goes more than double for the people you ask here. If the psychedelics were verified to be active at a given dose then it becomes another issue altogether.
Remember that the very first time you take such a thing it takes a certain amount of time and attention to notice it, it's not unheard of that you need got get accustomed to the effects. It requires a delicate balance between not being overly conscious about it - thereby ruining it with your expectations - and still giving it a fair chance.
I'm not saying that the effect won't dawn upon you spontaneously, often enough you will get into it naturally!

2. Don't think so, the dose of something like mushrooms or LSD is more dependent on the number of 5HT receptors you incidentally have and not on the body fluid or fat ratios or whatever, so no.

3. Well it's tricky - see with ecstacy the main point is that when you start releasing serotonin and dopamine with it then it is working great, but as time progresses there is less effect on your serotonin levels and more on dopamine, result: you get a speedy effect + side-effects from redosing E but not the lovey-dovey stuff. It's different with psychedelics like mushrooms and LSD. If you redose with these you have to counter acute tolerance and you can only extend the phase when you are redosing. You see, a trip starts with the comeup and then the peak and main part, then the comedown. Most often the comedown is a very clear and peaceful after-trip. If you redose too late with something like LSD you need relatively more of it to help and you would only extend the comedown phase. That doesn't mean the effects can't get stronger again because believe me: they can. But story-wise it's not as interesting and meaningful as the initial effects because that will just pass anyway.

4. Because of this, there are drugs with which you need to redose early enough to sustain the appropriate phase. If the phase passes it will not recur! Hard to explain but look at it like a story, a book or a movie. If a chapter is over you won't take a step back but it can be reinforced. This effects extends beyond the territory of psychedelics alone but right now I couldn't sum up which drugs seem to work like this.

Thank you jamaica0535 and Solipsis for exactly the info I was looking for.

Thanks everybody else for the help!

Sure, because of some valid questions and answers this will be merged with the Mushrooms Subthread for dosages and a couple other things.

Is it likely he didn't eat enough shrooms and she didn't have alot of LSD on the sugar cube?
Not likely, only plausible.

2- For both shrooms and LSD, is body weight a factor?
Body weight is always a factor when dosing drugs, this is why in many legitimate cases drugs are givin mg/kg. However, for most "recreational" drugs, it's negligible.

Would shrooms be more weight dependent due to them being eaten as opposed to absorbed, as in the case with acid?
Lsd is not "absorbed" the moment is hits your tongue. It goes through a complicated series of biochemical processess. The same is true with the actives in psilocybe mushrooms. The difference here(excluding very obviosuly that they took difference substances) is in the route of administration.
If i took a tab, then took another an hour later, then took another like 6 hours later, I have to assume that the third tab would bring me back up a little bit, but not to the same level as i was at with the first two, correct?
Yes, it involves things like receptor downregulation. Although I'm not sure how early this manifests itself with Lsd.

Last edited:
I have never done mushrooms but I will be doing B+ shrooms within a few weeks.

How much should I use for my first time? Considering I have done salvia a few times and freaked out on it.

I'd say way less than that for a first time - especially having read many of Bighooter's recent posts. Given his concerns about current mental state, anxiety and history of mental health problems in the family I'd say no more than 1.5-2g of fresh shrooms at first max. It's hard to be sure with SSRI involvement which will reduce the effects but it's better to be underwhelmed and reassured than overwhelmed and freaked in this situation, in my opinion. You can always take more another time if it's not enough.

OTOH a sub-treshold dose of mushrooms can well induce more anxiety than a full dose.

That's a fair point that I would agree with, Dread. My figures may be slightly off cos me and mushies have a love/hate relationship, I'm not familiar with that strain, and it's been a while since I had any shrooms. When I used to take cubes more often (mostly libbies if at all now cos they grow everywhere here) 1/16oz was enough for me for a good giggle without heading into headfuck territory. More is also good, but I'm glad I started lower at first with them, personally.

My personal and family background situation regarding mental health is similar to Bighooter's and high dose mushroom trips could often be quite unpleasant for me - I find it too close to delirium and prefer the clarity of LSD - so would tend to advise caution in dosing. Mushrooms just seem to be more unpredictable than LSD and whilst they have mostly been joyous I have a far more troublesome relationship with them than other psyches.

Sub-threshold is not good for sure, but a teenth or so is above threshold for me and seems to be a reasonable and not uncommon starting point for many. 3-4g dry would probably be more than I would take now let alone first time but, as I said, mushies and me have a fractious relationship.

My thoughts on this subject may by a bit biased, as mushrooms and I have had nothing but an extremely loving relationshp for almost 5 years now. I've also never had issues with mental problems, anxiety, etc. So please take my advice with a grain of salt.
That being said everytime I have used mushrooms, barring very few differents of strain, I have used 2.8g-4g and everytime I have had amazing experiences. Sure, there have been rough spots, but anyone who can't work though their share of negative psychedelia shouldn't be using high dose psychedelics anyway.
Bighooter, I think 2.8g(+/-.2mg) should be just fine.
As Shambles said, you can always try again later with a higher dose in a few weeks

^^ Untrue... my first trip ever was also my strongest and most profound. I ate 1.75 grams of good mushrooms and was thrust into a dramatic and unimaginably beautiful +4. It just depends on the strength of the mushrooms and the individual taking them, as well as how much you let yourself get into the experience.

Even now after years of psychedelic experience, I don't need 3.5 grams for a strong mushroom trip.

I agree that 2 grams is a good starting dose, but I wouldn't say that you definitely won't get a profound experience from it.

Xorkoth-I'm the same way I also had a +4 experience on 2g of mushrooms and it included ego fragmentation and ESP/telepathy type things happening to me and my friend who also ate 1.5g.

it all depends

Yes, some people do have 4+ experiences from less than an eighth oz, 3.5 grams. Shrooms vary in potency and people vary in sensitivity. Also, I do believe that people of lower weight get more punch out of the same gram dose than a heavy person. Blending the shrooms down into a fine powder, right before use, such as a mushroom smoothie...maybe not the best tasting thing, IMHO leads to higher more intense peaks, but shorter trip in general.
Dosages in the more herotic range, 7 grams plus, assure ego dissolution, sometimes complete ego dissolution and very increased and sometimes overpowering visual effects. These trips are not for everyone and really should not be tried until a 4+ experience is had. For me, shrooms caused several overpowering and at times frightening experiences at the 7 gram plus level that was more overpowering than multihit acid experiences. I cant say I regret those experiences now, but i'm sure I was at the OH SHIT WHAT DID I DO TO MYSELF!!!! state several times during these trips!!!

I think I'd like to go with an eighth my first time... I'll be trying higher dosages of acid before I start with shrooms, though.

mushy dosage?

how much do you need to get a high from them?
im unsure, but im thinking of throwing a party and trying them with a few friends. how much would each person need? %)