• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

Do you find the taste of shrooms disgusting (enough to take measures - which? ) ?

• I don't mind the taste and eat them dry or fresh just fine

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • It is a bit nasty but I just suck it up and chew on them anyway

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • I mind the taste a lot, I eat them as quickly as possible

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I hate the taste, only use in tea or soup, (etc)

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Other (... state in post)

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
I don't mind the taste of shrooms at all, I'm actually kind of down with it... I just think tea is another interesting way of dosing.

I've been all up on the tea bandwagon ever since I drank tea made out of 2.4g of Panaeolus tropicalis mushrooms and had a half-hour DMT breakthrough at the peak.

Personally I like to throw in an herbal tea bag or two when I make mushroom tea. Between that, lemon, and honey, the brew tastes fantastic.

I hate the taste of shrooms, in tea or dry. I usually grind them up really fine and throw the powder in gel caps. No taste what so ever.

I hate the taste of shrooms, in tea or dry. I usually grind them up really fine and throw the powder in gel caps. No taste what so ever.

Grind them up and put them on a peanut butter jelly :D won't taste them one bit.

I never eat them straight, but make them into tea every time I consume mushrooms these days. It isn't for the taste so much as the nausea, which effects me really bad. The tea has helped a lot with this, and although I still have thrown up on heftier doses, it allows me to actually enjoy the trip rather then be consumed by feeling sick.

I was very curious and couldn't resist adding a poll to this thread.

Let's see how we statistically think about the taste, texture, smell and whole experience of mushrooms! :)

It didn't say so in the poll but this is about the most common type which is Psilocybe Cubensis. Never mind the substrain (e.g. Ecuadorian or Cambodian or etc etc), that probably matters very little regarding taste.

Any opinions on this are welcome - also if you feel there exist Cubensis substrains that taste better or worse than the general other Cubensis I'd love to hear all about it.

Anything you'd like to add to your vote, please feel free to do!

If you're feeling about the question lie somewhere between option A or B for instance, choose the one that comes closest instead of jumping to 'other'.

The poll is sort of classified under ROA, that is the reason it is in this particular shroom thread.

Thanks much <3

note that there are at least two if not three or four different tastes that can be attributed to any given species depending on fresh or dry, age, spore content...

when i have the opportunity to sample fresh rain-soaked wild-grown Ps. cyanescens here in the pacific northwest, the taste is mild, slightly bitter and astringent, with very little aftertaste. (just thinking about the juicy little buggers makes me salivate... reminds me of smell and feeling of fall rains)... goes well with ranch dressing or on pizza.

i haven't had an opportunity to sample fresh home-grown Ps. cubensis, but I imagine the taste would be even milder than cyanescens due to the fleshier nature of the mushroom (compared to the slightly fibrous woodlover)

dried cyanescens and cubensis have a similar "dirt" flavor that sticks to your mouth. my brother says that vending-machine Tropicana orange juice has been ruined for him due to one time when he used it for a powdered cubensis smoothie.

i've read a lot about home growers choosing to harvest their cubensis right before the veils break, as any later than this and the fungus is simply putting effort into the maturation of spores. and spores are reputed to taste absolutely terrible.

after ingesting mescaline snot tea, eating mushrooms is a treat!

anyone try the lemon tex i didnt read the whole thread just grind your shrooms up and soakin lemon juice for 20 min then mix with 7up or just down the whole thing hits strong and fast and i find no nausea:)

the only time I've tried them I mixed them up with peanut butter and it was delicious :)

First experience with mushrooms was at the peak of an MDMA roll. They say MDMA is supposed to make everything taste like cardboard, BS! The 2 dried mushrooms I choked down tasted vile and nearly caused me to hurl. Man, that was a rough introduction to mushrooms and psychedelics, rough trip but then it turned very magical. Had to immediately brush my teeth to get the taste out.

After that I vowed to deal with mushrooms in a different way: Put the mushrooms in a coffee bean grinder and chop them to little bits, then consume in various media.

First attempt was with orange juice. Pro tip: little bits of mushroom float on the top of orange juice. This was a little rough to deal with since 2 grams is an epic amount of dirt-brown stuff to be floating on top of orange juice. I gagged it all down but still had bits of mushroom in my teeth - that sucks.

Second attempt was to make chocolates out of the chopped up bits: grinded 8 grams cracker dry (post-grind weight, since some gets stuck in the grinder) and set them aside. Melt some chocolate in the microwave, stir in some spices (cinnamon, ginger for nausea, nutmeg, etc. whatever you like to mask the taste), mix in the ground shrooms and spoon equal portions of warm chocolate into ice cube trays. 4 cubes = 2 grams/cube. When they're solid move them into a zip-lock bag and store in the fridge (make sure to mark them "Special" !).

The shroom-chocolates last for a while, at least 10 months, and are a pretty good delivery method. One drawback is that an ice-cube hunk of chocolate is an epic amount of chocolate to eat. The next iteration will probably involve smaller portions (maybe half gram to one gram per chocolate), maybe done like kit-kats in long chocolates.

Happy Shrooming!

I dont mind the taste fresh. Bit like ordinary mushrooms. However, when I dry them i powder them and cap them. Get around 500mg into a 000 gel cap. Really convenient to carry and consume. Only downside ive noticed is it takes a while to come up depending what you have in your stomach. =D

Ive capped ground shrooms before, took 2 hours to completely kick in rather then 30 mins from a tea.

What do you guys consider a high dose in grams when it comes to dosing?

Has anyone ever heard of a person resistant to psychedelics? last night was my first time with mushrooms. the long time friend who hooked me up told me they were the 2nd best he had ever obtained. i tried 1 gram to start and went skating... felt happy and excited but no visuals, went back and over the course of the next 2 hours consumed an additional 3.5grams. there was one point i thought i noticed something, but other than a decent body buzz and a good mood nothing else happened, no insights, music was actually less pleasant and i just preferred to listen to the wind. it was very much the same feeling as the first time i did LSD (that feeling something was about to happen, like your standing on the edge of a cliff), which was considered legit by my experienced friends, but failed to provide me with any visual effects. any insights would be nice. no food was eaten 6hours prior, no other psychedelics or otherwise were used 3 days prior, good sleep the night before, i weigh a fit 195. Any suggestions? im new here so im not sure if this is the proper place to post something of this nature, but any help to the right page or information would make my day.

usually adding on to your dosage later doesn't 'heighten' your trip, it just makes it last a bit longer. when you take psychedelics, your tolerance shoots WAY up and it might take a week or so for your tolerance to fully subside. for instance, if you drop acid, then drop it again the next day, it might take double or even triple the dose to feel the same as the previous dose.

if you really want to trip on shrooms, you might try taking 3.5 g all at once, after your tolerance is gone.

@ Funkybass, think this is a pretty unusual reaction to shrooms. Maybe taking a larger hit right at the outset might have been better, but you actually ended up consuming 4.5 grams which should easily have got you tripping hard imo. Maybe look at how they were dried or if they were degraded in anyway. Sounds like something went wrong.

i've only ever tried dried cubensis, and the taste is indeed a bit nasty if i take a large piece. in small doses they actually taste good though :). i've eaten much worse things such as ephedra, alprazolam, mdma, green squash and olives, so i have no problem just chewing the shrooms.

Some batches taste better than others, cracker dry isn't as welcoming as a stage of dryness before it or so. And you better have some water of juice to wash down mushroom powder/shake!

note that there are at least two if not three or four different tastes that can be attributed to any given species depending on fresh or dry, age, spore content...

when i have the opportunity to sample fresh rain-soaked wild-grown Ps. cyanescens here in the pacific northwest, the taste is mild, slightly bitter and astringent, with very little aftertaste. (just thinking about the juicy little buggers makes me salivate... reminds me of smell and feeling of fall rains)... goes well with ranch dressing or on pizza.

i haven't had an opportunity to sample fresh home-grown Ps. cubensis, but I imagine the taste would be even milder than cyanescens due to the fleshier nature of the mushroom (compared to the slightly fibrous woodlover)

dried cyanescens and cubensis have a similar "dirt" flavor that sticks to your mouth. my brother says that vending-machine Tropicana orange juice has been ruined for him due to one time when he used it for a powdered cubensis smoothie.

i've read a lot about home growers choosing to harvest their cubensis right before the veils break, as any later than this and the fungus is simply putting effort into the maturation of spores. and spores are reputed to taste absolutely terrible.

It sorta blows my mind when people take psychedelics with shit food, like pizza or fast food. I can barely handle a banana sometimes whilst on LSD but just the other day I heard a guy talking about his first acid trip when he 'made love to a taco' (keep in mind this is from Taco Bell).

Maybe it's because I'm a health freak but fuck, come on guys, treat your bodies better

:) i usually cant eat any meat products while under psychs, nor anything too fatty... and fruit just taste so much better!

but back on topic, ive recently discovered that mushies are an aquired taste. after a few munchings on them on separate occasions, they tend to get less nasty and now im able to chew as many as wanted without even a gasp...

some juice or water on hand is a must of course (they are dry and will suck up saliva)