• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

Do you find the taste of shrooms disgusting (enough to take measures - which? ) ?

• I don't mind the taste and eat them dry or fresh just fine

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • It is a bit nasty but I just suck it up and chew on them anyway

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • I mind the taste a lot, I eat them as quickly as possible

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I hate the taste, only use in tea or soup, (etc)

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Other (... state in post)

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
Lucien, Hey welcome :)

Here's a guideline for initiates:
  • please read the rules, you will benefit yourself from proper conduct,
  • use the search engine (this is in the rules) first to check if the subject of your question or remark has not already been covered or devoted a thread to,
  • use the Psychedelic Index to find your way around, major topics are covered there and they include subthreads for more in-depth focus on specific subjects. The Psychedelic Index can be found at the top of the main Psychedelic Drugs page with a big blue link. :)

Using this you can find that there is a mushroom dosage thread here

This will be merged with it soon :)

i think 2-2.5g is good for a first time experience.
a full 1/8 can be overwhelming for a begginer.

Small doses of mushrooms can go a LONG way with some meditation, stretching, good herb, and out in the wilderness.

I had a 2 gram trip that I would easily assessed as a 5 gram trip just due to some quiet meditation and my location in the wild.

Mushroom Tea vs. Dry Ingestion

I've read conflicting reports, some saying that making tea is much more potent and intense than just eating mushrooms, but I've also heard the opposite.

In my experience, the first time I did mushrooms was by making tea and I found it to be a very glowing, positive experience with different thought patterns, novel ideas and experiences, increased sensual pleasure and sensory information understanding... but it definitely wasn't anywhere near any of the trips I've had from just consuming dried cubensis.

Thoughts?

when i make the tea it hits faster and harder and lasts shorter.

when eating dry mushrooms it takes longer to come up, the experience is longer, and comes in waves of tripping hardcore to feeling pretty sober to tripping hardcore again.

With the tea i usually make a cup and wait for it to cool off and then chugg the thing real quick so as to get the whole dose in me at once, which would explain it hitting faster and harder.

Thanks for the input, guys. I'm acquiring a large sum this weekend so I think I'm going to attempt tea again.

How does the tea taste compared to the mushrooms themselves?
I prefer the tea.
It doesn't exactly taste good, but at least it doesn't suck out all the moisture from your mouth,
like I think eating them straight does.

I've never found the need to make tea. Seems like to much work for such an easy task. Sure the mushies taste like ass, but nothing that a little bit of apple and peanut butter doesn't solve.

Use my method. It has never left me unsatisfied, and taste fucking delicious surprisingly.

Smash the mushrooms up as fine as you can get em. Boil water and poor the mashed shrooms into it. let it simmer for a while (10-15 minutes), and add the secret ingredient. CHICKEN BROTH!!!! I have tried many different methods and nothing masks (or should i say glorifies) the flavor better. It makes for an awesome drink, and amazing hardcore trip.

Be careful tho. I have had trips on a half eighth using this mehtod that seemed even more intense than any eighth consumed orally. It will smack you hard in the face within ten to fifteen minutes.

This is the only way I consume em now. The trip is way harder, smooth and euphoric, and you don't get that odd stomach feeling of the shrooms breaking down inside of you.

I much prefer the tea, and it's really simple and is relatively tasteless. Just break up the shrooms real well or grind them and put them in a cup with hot water for 15 minutes and drink. It hits faster and is always better without starting out eating the nasty fuckers

Don't simmer for 10-15 minutes. Drugs are sensitive. Be nice to them. Tea works and the dosage curve is a little steeper and slightly less duration, but when I have tea I make it like this. Grind up mushrooms and put in mug. Boil water. Let water sit for ~3 minutes (my green tea research shows water reaches ~180f around this time) then pour it into the mug let sit for a 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally. Drink the whole thing down.

Peace,
PL

When I brew it I just break up the mushrooms good like with weed and just drink them with the tea, no chewing they just go right down no taste to speak of either.

so no filtration?
I guess there'd be even less GI irritation with no shroom-matter at all? and letting it sit over night should suck out all the goodies...
I'll probably give it a try soon.

I never get any kind of nausea and ive always ate the little pieces and dont use boiling water just hot water, it works fine

I just eat them, but I like the taste so tea seems a bit of a fuss to me.