• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Movie Reviews Part 3 - The good, the bad and the ... rentals

Ok, story wise it was a typical hollywood comedy douche bag movie but it had plenty of great ones liners and people getting stapled in the head. Nothing makes me laugh more than people getting stapled in the head. Also, people repeatedly shooting darts into their face makes me laugh too. And Maxwell's back story of being a fat prick was hilarious. Finally, the Chief being a punchy brawler.

The old series is on tv late at night at the moment.

frozen-movie-poster.jpg

The concept is simple:
Three people get stuck in a ski lift, while the resort closes for the week. But the movie itself is intense and the acting is pretty credible. This one made me cringe a few times.

So I watched Human Centipede................... What a disappointment.

I expected it to be much more shocking than it was. There were only a few scenes that I was waiting to happen, but they just took too damn long getting there, the girls acting was so terrible I laughed at their misfortune, not to say the rest of the cast performed much better.

Could have been an OK movie. It wasn't. It was terrible.

Yeah there's two types of horror movies for me, one in which I actually feel for the characters and want them to survive, and the other in which I quite enjoy laughing at and seeing the characters' heads rolling across the floor. Centipede is the latter.

Haha, there's millions! So my favourite movie ever in the horror genre, Event Horizon has characters I don't particularly want to see horrible things happen to. The last Romero film as well, Survival of the Dead. Shit, I've seen a lot of horror films, do you want me to list every one with characters I didn't want to see mutilated?

If you want to see things happen to a character that will disurb you, watch Irréversible.

Yeah in my experience nothing gets a chick in the mood for loving than the pivotal scene in that film.

Irreversible is the only one of the few that you mentioned of which I have seen, and yes it was disturbing.

Hey man, as per horror movies with characters you aren't hoping to die, I haven't seen it yet but for these reasons the new Australian movie The Loved Ones is getting really good reviews:

"For all it's derivation and homage, The Loved Ones still feels like a wholly original film. A sick and twisted fairy tale inhabited by real flesh and blood people. The film works on several levels, but the key success is in the filmmakers ability to make these people much more true to life than the usual meat puppets that play on the horror film stage. You can understand and identify with Brent (whose refreshingly not an asshole) and Holly (whose not a bimbo) and even Lola and Daddy (who despite their antisocial tendencies are really just a loving father and daughter trying to make it through the tough teenage years together). In many ways the film draws parallels to not only a lot of great horror films, but to a lot of great 80's teen melodramas as well. Perhaps, if Otis were best described as a Horror film set in a Sitcom, than it's equally accurate to call The Loved Ones a John Hughes movie for serial killers."

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19594

I'm looking forward to seeing it now!

I saw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas for the first time today, and i fucking approve..Loved every minute.

Lucky Number Slevin! hadn't seen that movie in a year until this weekend. Brilliant watch. Anyone who hasn't see it do it ASAP

Saw Operation Endgame today. Surprisingly good movie, some funny lines and a decent amount of action.

Lucky Number Slevin! hadn't seen that movie in a year until this weekend. Brilliant watch. Anyone who hasn't see it do it ASAP

Saw Operation Endgame today. Surprisingly good movie, some funny lines and a decent amount of action.

Lucky Number Slevin is awesome =D

I saw Resident Evil: Afterlife last night and i loved it. I've been a fan of RE since the beginning so i really enjoyed it.

Can't wait for the next one!