• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Movie Reviews Part 3 - The good, the bad and the ... rentals

Martyrs was excruciating to watch until the ending fucked it all up by being ridiculously stupid. Then after the ending ruined it, reflectively all the impact was taken out of the rest of the movie for me.

Serbian Film just got disturbing beyond belief, but I'm going to persevere and keep watching :p

Unless you were 20 or so minutes from the end, you hadn't hit the part that'll leave you thinking about it (and not in a good way) for at least a day. Hope you enjoyed that!

It was the baby scene in the middle, but the last 20 minutes was good too. A bit predictable though, but the very end was a bit of a shock haha.

Haha yeah the baby scene was pretty horrible. It wasn't heaps realistic but I find the whole movie wasn't particularly about the realism, but more about thinking about the acts in it afterwards that made it so disturbing.

I'd say every parent's nightmare, but what parent would even think about that happening ever?

The ending I thought was particularly horrendous because it really destroyed the idea of there being some sort of peaceful resolution - to the extent that it could have a peaceful resolution.

Yeah, the ideas it left behind are a little disturbing. I think I'm far more desensitized that I should be, but ah well. It was enjoyable in a strange way.

I thought that about the ending as well, though I guess it did end as peacefully as possible because I don't think there's a way to recover from something like that.

I meant that that ending was a peaceful resolution.

SPOILER

NSFW:
It's like the last few seconds of film that destroy that. By that I mean the insinuated post-mortem defiling.

Last edited:
Took the kids to Despicable Me yesterday - it was fun. Had to go 2D because my youngest is constitutionally unable to not wreck the glasses by half way through. Also missed about 5 minutes 3/4 way through because my oldest is incapable of sculling his drink - leading to inevitable wee break...

The Book Of Eli

3.8 / 5

who has seen it?

spoiler alert
NSFW:
was denzel's character blind or what? a friend i watched it with didn't think so but i'm sure he was...

He may not have been blind actually

But I guess this post sums it up from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1037705/board/nest/166294743?p=2

I'm sure the intention of the scriptwriter was to have the character be blind, but only reveal it at the end. The film maker messed up by not making this such a believable resolution. If you watch the movie again it is clear to see that his eyes are never milky, and that he is looking at people and items regularly. There are only a few occasions where he is seen acting as a blind man would.

All that said it's still a great film, comparable to Fight Club. Fantastic film that had me hooked right the way through only to throw me a dubious pay off at the end.

Last edited:
I'm really not into these long torturous movies were terrible hopeless thing after thing happens, life is already too similar to that. Perhaps they are for more cheerful people.

I did watch a documentary where 3 different elephants died recently though. It was good. Not the elephants dying obviously. There was elephant sex it it! A lot of build up for 10 seconds or so of putting your huge elephant penis in the elephant lady's vagina and not even moving, then hoping off. The whole group of elephants were really excited and cheering them on though.

The Book Of Eli

3.8 / 5

who has seen it?

spoiler alert
NSFW:
was denzel's character blind or what? a friend i watched it with didn't think so but i'm sure he was...

Lol, Ive watched this in the movie's, and on DVD for the second time last week and didn't even realize he was blind until i read it here :p

^you should know better than to watch another mshyteblahblah film.

four lions was the funniest movie i've seen in a long time.

I've been ignoring most mainstream hollywood films for ages and just generally being a pretentious arsehole watching foreign films, and a sick fuck watching twisted horror films...

I was talking to a girl at Uni about growing up watching Get Smart the TV series and we were agreeing how awesome it was, after I made a totally smooth shoe telephone joke. She recommended I watch the movie, and I said no way was I watching that retarded piece of shit. She said it had a cool take on the characters and was a lot of fun. So I watched Get Smart the newish movie today and she was totally right, I liked the take on characters and it was lots of fun to watch. It was genuinely funny too, I laughed quite a few times.

I mean it ain't winning any academy awards but it was enjoyable to watch.