• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Movie Reviews Part 3 - The good, the bad and the ... rentals

Juno = awesome

Saw it about a week ago and didnt stop laughing the whole movie.
I <3ed they way the characters actually talked like real people rather than all this American high school - use big words bullshit. But yeah, loved it, definately rate it.

preacha said:
^ the comic of V For Vendetta is better than the movie, and I absolutely loved the movie. worth reading/downloading and reading

I second that statement

Have you read 'From Hell'?

I watched Gone yesterday and thought I would post here to save the rest of you time by telling you not to bother. Boring and anti-climatic, this slow moving film holds no rewards whatsoever.

I watched American Gangster today, I loved it . It's been a while since I've watched a good movie. The way they ended the movie was great! :) .

I shall watch Juno tonight.

kryalkastleE said:
Juno = awesome

I <3ed they way the characters actually talked like real people

don't get me wrong, Juno was a decent enough movie
but how the fuck did anyone in this movie speak like anyone you know other than 'they spoke english'?

Watched The Kingdom last night.

Pretty good. For some reason I was fairly affected by all the scenes designed to make you upset/shocked/whatever. I'm not usually emotionally moved by such movies. I think the whole suicide bomber thing I can't get my head around at all - what makes these men so willing to do such things?
Very well paced and yes, the emotional bits aren't trite and overdone or sappy. Great action, lots of gore and the very last scene was brilliant. Well done all in all.

9/10

Well fuck.

I just watched 1408. Now I can't stay in a room 1408 of any hotel, ever.

Picture this...

I meet these four hot super models, at a club, who offer to take me back to their hotel room to snort free coke and perform various other activities.

"Hot damn" I think, how could I ever refuse such an offer?

"Count me in" I respond.

We arrive at the hotel. "Oh, what room are you in?" I ask off the cuff as I go to reach for the button on the elevator to choose which floor.

"1408" one of the models replies.

A nervous look appears on my face. "I have to go" I say, as I turn and run out the door.

Later that night I wanked more than any man has ever wanked.

Igby goes down

I love me some Kieran.

Igby: It's ironic that the first time in my life that I feel remotely affectionate for her, is when she's dead.
Oliver: You beat up her corpse.
Igby: I know, but after that.

Darkly hilarious.

Just watched the latest Romero film, Diary of the Dead, and it is genius. I love that he deliberately opted this time around to make another low budget film (after Land of the Dead, the first film he was actually given a decent budget for by the stooges in Hollywood) and it is amazing.

Oh and Zombies and Scotch. Blissful was to spend an afternoon!

It's a fucking crime that as far as I know this movie didn't get a cinema release.

Seven Pounds

Interesting... can't say much about the movie without giving it all away, but it totally wasnt what I expected. Being by the same people who did The Pursuit of Happiness I was expecting something that was moving, sad, but somewhat uplifting. Seven pounds was moving, bu in no way uplifting.
I liked the movie for being different- not your usual romantic drama, but I wouldn't say it was one of the best movies I've seen. Very worth seeing though.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button:

3 hours of my life I'll never get back. It was a really interesting premise, but....they did nothing with it. And it went waaaaaaay too long.

Plus too many creepy pedo-scenes for my liking.... 8o

The Day The Earth Stood Still:

3/10. Maybe worth watching on dvd if nothing else is available but I'd generally give it a miss.
NSFW:
I would have maybe given it 5/10 if the aliens destroyed the human race ;)

I've just finished watching the second season of The Wire and third season of Deadwood though and loved them! Not really movies but thought I'd give them a plug anyway :)

Saw Slumdog Millionaire last night - it was fun. Probably slightly too long, but fairly enjoyable, even if the cinema I went to had run out of all choc top flavours except strawberry and mint (my least favourite).

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button:

3 hours of my life I'll never get back. It was a really interesting premise, but....they did nothing with it. And it went waaaaaaay too long.

Plus too many creepy pedo-scenes for my liking.... 8o

really? i thought it was beautiful. it has a great message and expresses it superbly imo.

I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button with Raz, and I have to say... the middle of the film was a total drag. It was just boring. However, there was plenty of humorous moments at the beginning of the film, and the ending was pleasantly enjoyable too. All in all I feel it was a good concept, but they failed to maximize it's potential.

The cinematography was good, but the movie went AT LEAST 45 minutes longer than it needed to.

I liked Button but I can see where you guys are coming from with the length of it

The problem as I see it with long films is that too many of these cinemas have uncomfortable seating and people tend to get a bit over sitting in a dark room full of people for too long

Everyone needs to see Slumdog Millionaire. It was absolutely brilliant and I loved every second. It was such a beautiful movie to watch, and incredible to think most of it was shot on location with the real people of Mumbai.

I can't wait to see Coraline, it's a stop motion film, originally a book by Neil Gaimen. Unfortunately it doesn't come out until May here in Australia even thought it will be out soon in the US :(