• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Movie Reviews Part 3 - The good, the bad and the ... rentals

I get the feeling that I will like it. It looks like one of those tripped out movies that gets you thinking about some philosophical issue (the importance of memory I guess).

I've been impressed with Carey's work over recent years - all the above mentioned, and Man on the Moon.

Incidentally, a new Carey movie is in pre-production called "Hoarton hears a Who!" (a Seuss song).

Can ANYONE tell me where "Hoarton hears a who" appears in a track? It's on the tip of my tongue and is driving me insane. :|

Another Carey fan here... besides from Dumb and Dumber, was he ever funny when he tried to carry movies by pulling stupid faces for two hours? Remember The Mask? Loved Truman Show & most of his recent stuff.

Rated E said:
I get the feeling that I will like it. It looks like one of those tripped out movies that gets you thinking about some philosophical issue (the importance of memory I guess).

Its EXTREMELY trippy and yes, it makes you think of stuff.
Its also incredibly sweet and charming - if a movie can be charming??? Kinda like Amelie, it has that cute quirkiness. <3

saw superbad and was mad disappointed. the whole time while watching, got the feeling that i was watching american pie or cant hardly wait; from another perspective of the evening.

chuckled here and there, but not enough to write home about. i only LOL'd @ one scene where the token alcoholic bum recognised mclovin and said "Haaay! its you! mcmuffin". :p

fail movie was fail.

...kytnism...:|

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
^I'm the only person I know who hated Eternal Sunshine. :|

that's because you have no fucking soul :!

kytnism said:
saw superbad and was mad disappointed. the whole time while watching, got the feeling that i was watching american pie or cant hardly wait; from another perspective of the evening.

teenagers work themselves up into a frenzy regarding 'growing up'; all 'growing up' skills tested in the first act of the movie are put to the test in the 2nd (the party)

sure

you're still wrong though. superbad was comprised of glorious frames of win.

i only LOL'd @ one scene where the token alcoholic bum recognised mclovin and said "Haaay! its you! mcmuffin". :p

i rest my case.

Last edited:
hoptis said:
Another Carey fan here... besides from Dumb and Dumber, was he ever funny when he tried to carry movies by pulling stupid faces for two hours? Remember The Mask? Loved Truman Show & most of his recent stuff.

Blasphemy. How dare you diss Carey in Dumb and Dumber. I request an apology, that movie is one of the funniest fucking things i've ever seen.

:D

preacha said:
you're still wrong though. superbad was comprised of glorious frames of win.

can you elaborate some more plz preacha.

Immortal Teknique said:
Blasphemy. How dare you diss Carey in Dumb and Dumber. I request an apology, that movie is one of the funniest fucking things i've ever seen.

:D

I said...

besides from Dumb and Dumber

;)

kittymeow said:
Yeh me too - Its cliche but my favourite by far is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Absolutely brilliant flick!!
We had to study The Truman Show in grade 12 English too, and even though we had to watch it five times in a term I still think thats a good movie too. So many nuances!
I absolutely love eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. Beautiful movie <3 The truman show warped my mind!! But in a good way, made me think outside the box at a young age. I like Jim Carey in his more serious roles, i don't doubt his comedic ability, i think his talented but his humour just isn't my kind of humour.

I watched Sommersault the other day. Best movie i have seen in a long time, the complexity of the characters and the way they developed enthralled me. Abbie Cornish is a beautiful and talented girl!

Another one i've got to get around to watching is The Machinist with Christian Bale.

The Machinist is a totally ace movie. Good twist and Christian Bale = HOT!

I just finished watching 30 Days of Night. Pretty good for a vampire movie. No sappy Hollywood ending. Stupendously gory and brutal. The vampires are fuckin cool too. There are a few incredibly cheesy bits and most of it is predictable but well worth watching. Probably one of the best vampire movies out there.

I thought The Machinist was totally awesome and I love Christian Bale and his dedication to any role he takes on, and his dedication in that movie was quite extreme. However I thought the big plot twist the movie revolved around kind of sucked.

In that is was a total rehash of the basic concepts in Fight Club. It even mentions Fight Club on the back of the DVD as one of the things it is a cross between. The ending really let down an otherwise brilliant movie.

up all night said:
Juno is the best movie I have seen in a long time. Diablo Cody is my god.

i too loved juno. best indie-type film ive seen in ages.

^ I've had a few friends rave about that movie. Going to have to see it soon :)

Has anyone else seen hard candy though? That girl plays her character in that movie so well, it is actually disturbing. Im wondering what it will be like seeing her in another role.

I've seen Hard Candy. The same actor plays the lead role in Juno.

Hard Candy is pretty good. Intense that's for sure.

I'm itching to see Juno too - it looks so quirky and funny. I downloaded it but it was a fake copy that wanted me to use a special player. No thanks. So disappointed.

West

west.jpg

The most notable actor in this movie is Nathan Phillips (Snakes on a plane, Wolf Creek). Follows two, 20 something cousins and their lives in Western Sydney. Drugs, booze, fights and women.

Not the best Aussie drama i've seen, but there were a few great moments in it. I love how some Australian movies get the urban culture down well, IE using the terms 'goey' and 'hyge' etc. You just dont see that in out highly Americanized society.

3 stars. Watch it.

Juno looks good, but I haven't seen it yet because I think it might be part of a pro-choice propaganda trend from the americans. Also see: Knocked Up.