• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methylone + ?

There is no evidence to show that the type of selective, reversable MAOIs that are in rue are bad to take with phenethylamines or other catecholamines like cathinones (of which methylone is one.) Indeed I have read of many blissful reports of the rue/mescaline and rue/MDMA combo before. But there is also no evidence to show that it is safe. I'd say consider trying each one seperatley to see. Either way, you are walking into the unknown and that's all that can really be said.

endeavor said:
I personally would not mix an MAOI with a PEA. Especially with methylone.
If you must try an MAOI with mescaline, then at least use B. Caapi instead of Rue.
Hi endeavor!
Why is B.Caapi safer than S.Rue??

OK...I think I'm definately going to do this at some point. However, first I will experiment with each combination separately. So I suppose I'm trying to figure out which combo to partake of - the MAOI + mescaline, or the mescaline + Methylone. Any opinions/experiences? I'm definately more curious about the Methylone, but having read absolutely nothing about the possible results, can anyone speculate on this? Or should I assume that it's pretty much unknown?

read read read and figure it out for yourself amigo. you said you would experiment with each combo seperatly, so i think you will have a better idea after those two trips are under your belt.

Sigh, arright, I know I should just use my own judgment here. Thanks a bunch, I appreciate the assistance.

moab~

My experiences with the two different plants have produced very different results. Rue usually involves a bit of nausea and almost a subtle deliriunt quality. B Caapi feels much more easy on the body and I don't experience the nausea that I get from Rue. B. Caapi is the time tested vine of the soul. Rue is obviously a more economical choice and could be successfully cultivated in a high desert area such as, oh, Moab?

I must confess that I have a serious aversion to Syrian Rue every since an experience I had a couple years ago in which I paid a heavy price for taking a 'penalty dose' or Rue (6g) along with 10g of Mimosa Hostilis.

It is one thing if you are dealing with pure harmaline. It is another if you are making tea from a weed from half way around the world, or perhaps from Georgia. Either way, I would strongly recommend experimenting with just the MAOI before mixing it with other substances. Find out how you react to it alone before you go jump a train with it.

It seems that the jury is still out on the issue of mixing an MAOI with many classes of drugs. MDMA is a good example of this. A simple google search will show conflicting suggestions:

http://mdma.net/toxicity/maointeract.html
http://www.maps.org/forum/1999/msg00439.html

The fact is that there seems to be no definitive answer and as mgs put it, you are walking into the unknown. That is all the more reason to get to know your materials separately before mixing them together.

The more drugs you mix, the bigger the risks. Think about your priorities. Do you want to risk everything for a slightly different high? If yes, then go for it.

UsersDoDrugs said:
The more drugs you mix, the bigger the risks. Think about your priorities. Do you want to risk everything for a slightly different high? If yes, then go for it.

Um, ok, see the thing here is...I did think about my priorities, which is why I asked if anyone had any information as to the safety profile of the activity I was considering. After recieving a few informed responses (ie that there is no information suggesting that an MAOI is dangerous in conjunction with a resonable dose of mescaline or Methylone), and some good suggestions (that I attempt each combination separately beforehand so that I can familairize myself with the effects and see how I react), I made an informed choice to try each part of the combo on its own first. I will most likely do so, and, if at some point in the future I want to try my original idea, I will do so with low quantities of the active constituents so as to gague the appropriateness of that as well.

So the system worked. But the fact of the matter is that combinations can be perfectly enjoyable and safe, provided the proper precautions and appropriate doses are utilized. I'm quite responsible from a safety standpoint, and the only reason I'm looking into this particular combo is that I would imagine it to provide a substantially, not slightly, different experience - and I would only go through with it were I reasonably assured of its safety.

I honestly appreciate the concern though.

I was wondering if any of you have any positive experiences mixing Methylone with any other psychedelics? I definitely don't want to mix it with another Phenethylamine, I know that. The 2C-X chemicals just don't seem like they'd go well with Methylone. The 2C-X's have entactogen-like effects as it is. How about mushrooms, Iprocin, 4-AcO-MiPT (not too sure about this because I'd have to try it by itself first), LSD, or LSA? Can you see any good coming from any of this? ..Or other suggestions?

I have tried Methylone with Ketamine, mind blowing experience. As far as what you are describing a somewhat candy flip, I am not certain on how that would synergize with methylone. Mushrooms would possibly be interesting, methylone is rather mellow, still with the empathy, I think the 2cx's may be too shallow for methylone and mask the sparkle of it. Not saying the 2cx's arent deep but in all practicallity thats what i feel.
my $0.2

I'm quite interested in combining methylone with some of my other favorites too. I have a hunch it may go well with iprocin, and maybe LSD. I hadn't thought of combining it with a dissociative, but I can see how that might be cool.

This has been discussed a couple of times on here, try a search. I've personally had a bad exp mixing with 2CE, and most other substances I've tried have just been covered by the methylone. I like your idea of 4-AcO-MiPT though, let us know.

I have utilized methylone with DPT with enjoyable results. 50mg insufflated at the 30 min mark with boosters of DPT fb on cannabis at 1 hr intervals. The results are enjoyable and result in a definite psychedelic enhancement,

I have also utilized this combo with 200 mg BDB at the 3 hr point. The results were quite enjoyable but resulted in severe nystagmus as well as severe mental nystagmus as Shulgin put it. It was to the point where i would forget what I was talking about midway through a sentence. The experience was on par with candy-flipping flipping.

I wouldn't combine it with DPT until I became experienced with it. DPT is high on my "to do" list, but I would definitely want to get accustomed to the effect before I mixed anything with it. I think I will consider mixing the Methylone with either mushrooms, Iprocin, or 4-AcO-MiPT (after I try it a couple times on it's own). I don't really know because I've never tried it, but I can see Methylone having more synergy with Tryptamines more related to Psilocin than anything else.

I haven't straight up combined them, yet, but I've done methylone and iprocin in the same day before, and I can kind of imagine what they would be like together. And I predict good things. :)