• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Addiction

I came into this thread interested in getting some of this.

I'm not going to now. I can see it sucking me in hard.

Best of luck to everyone who's struggling with it.

I am not an addict myself. My boyfriend of 4 years is, what I consider, an addict. He will insufflate almost every night, then lie to me about it though I know he did behind my back. We are in college together and it is difficult for me to see him giving up in school and choosing MXE instead. I definitely respect the substance but wish it wasn't like this. Is there any advice I can get from anyone going through this or watching someone go through this? I'd rather not hide it from him. Thanks.

If he's lying to you and choosing the drug over his SO, and his future, then I think it's time you reconsider the continuance of your relationship. Try the honest discussion and ultimatum route if you must, but be prepared to end this for your own sake (maybe he'll learn an important lesson from that).

^ that.... either he will realize what he's about to loseand sack it up or he's already chosen drugs over you in which case you need to leave :/

I used daily for 5 months. After experiencing some nasty side effects I have cut down to weekends only, starting 2 weeks ago. Basically I was experiencing muscular and nerve dysfunction - cramping of hands and feet into strange positions and loss of sensation and control of the extremities. I lost a lot of control of my right hand specifically and couldn't grip or type properly.

What is your daily/weekly/monthy consumption?
120-150mg/day, everyday.

For how long have you been doing it? And how, if at all, your pattern of use has changed? (increase dosages, changed ROA, etc.)
Started by snorting every 3 hours. After a month I got sick of sinus congestion and the seemingly associated cystic acne, so I switched to oral dosing and the symptoms cleared up. I still experienced bladder pain/pressure though. My tolerance to the trippy/dissociative effects rose fast but I still got the same euphoria and learned to function at work etc on it so I kept at around the same dose for the duration.

What is your usual ROA?
Oral ingestion.

Do you feel you are addicted? If yes, do you think you can stop?
Mentally and behaviorally yes, physically no. It became a crutch for stopping axiety/depression and appreciating everyday living.

Have you tried to quit? or do you want to stop using it?
When I first tried to quit I felt extremely depressed and lethargic. There were strong mental cravings but the physical symptoms convinced me that I should stop and try to recover. After 5 days or so the cravings started to subside and I could function OK without dreading every waking minute.

How does MXE addiction compare to other drug addictions? E.g. Tobacco, Cannabis, Heroin, Cocaine..
The only other substances I was on for extended periods were klonopin and tramadol. It was very easy to quit MXE in comparison. There was no real physical withdrawl other than lethargy. I didn't 'need' MXE in my system I just wanted it.

It's been said a few times already, but I'll just restate that the primary factor that encourages the abuse of MXE is the complete and total lack of comedown or emotional crash and hangover. Secondarily, the high is so varied and nuanced that it's fun and interesting every single time I've taken it. It is always awesome and I never get tired of it.

After 2 weeks cessation my symptoms are subsiding. I still have some numbness in my leg and control of foot and hand is not 100%. My pinky finger is still chronically cramped and I can't control it properly yet. Due to the improvement so far, I'm confident that the symptoms will improve if I stop use completely. To stop the mental cravings and get over the lethargy I have been using amphetamine during the day and etizolam and alcohol at night. My tolerance to other drugs seems to have risen since abusing MXE.

I usually take a large dose every 3-4 days to watch a movie. I've noticed a tolerance building up, but is that often enough for any physical addiction?

loss of sensation and control of the extremities. I lost a lot of control of my right hand specifically and couldn't grip or type properly.

I've definitely noticed these side effects, usually the day after taking MXE. The few times I've done "too much," it lasted for several days. I'm not sure it's as much a side effect from doing it regularly as just part of the lasting effect, which is also known to make you feel kinda like you're on antidepressants.

I have a serious methoxetamine problem. I cannot quit. It was once worth it, a gem that solved all my problems, but now... I don't even know anymore. I've lost myself, my world, and everything that i once thought was dear to me.

However, I do not experience physical withdrawals. I crave. I need. It once was a miracle substance for me, now it is a crutch. I've decided to play God and fabricate my own sense of reality and it has cost my sanity dearly.

My habit? With this current, very very pure batch.... at 130lbs... less than a gram a week. Before i found this vendor it was almost a gram a day.
When did i start? Back in oh... 2011 Summer. Started with a confiscation of Methylone from customs and my vendor compensated by giving me 250mg of methoxetamine for free. Every other drug has been childs play since then. And yes, I've done every class of drugs extensively.

For reference, my ROA has always been Nasal. Though i often combine with Oral and sub-lingual.

What is your daily/weekly/monthy consumption? I have only been using this compound for 7 days, and those 7 days I've been on it.

- For how long have you been doing it? And how, if at all, your pattern of use has changed? (increase dosages, changed ROA, etc. Day one my tolerance was at 20mgs, now I'm needing 75mgs for the same effects.

- What is your usual ROA? I usually snort a bump.

- Do you feel you are addicted? If yes, do you think you can stop? I feel that mentally its addictive but there's no physical dependency.

- Have you tried to quit? or do you want to stop using it? I've told myself I would stop for one day to take a break from it twice, I had not had any luck.

- Do you have any withdrawal symptoms? Nothing physical, its all mental. Cravings to take the drug goes on, also craving when you start coming down, as you feel manic.

- How does MXE addiction compares to other drugs addiction? E.g. Tobacco, Cannabis, Heroin, Cocaine.. I have many issues controlling my use with other substances. My previous K habit was 1/2 an ounce a week, I was using MDMA far too much for it to be healthy. I also been down the dark road of opiates. I would say the psychological addiction is there. I would compare it as greater than ketamine, but it lacks the physical withdrawal that opiates produces.

If you had issues with ketamine, or other drugs I suggest you thread carefully.

-PLUR

Methoxetamine addiction

I've developed a problem with methoxetamine.

I first started taking it a little over a year ago, I've always had a strong interest in tryptamine psychedelics, and I instantly fell in love with dissociatives when i discovered them. esspecially dissociatives in combination with tryptamines (DMT especially) DXM + DMT, ketamine + DMT, and of course mxe + DMT. Sadly since my problem with mxe has started, I no longer feel the urge to combine psychedelics with it, It has lost all its glory.

my use started with DXM, had a few bouts with ketamine and pcp, then discovered i could aquire methoxylated pcp analouges, and of course MXE) I undoubtable chose MXE due to availability/price. I wouldn't doubt I could develop this problem with the other dissociatives, if i had them in bulk like I do MXE.

initially I used them for 'entheogenic travelling' as I would with a relatively high dose of other psychedelics, But I quickly discovered how dissociatives differed from the traditional serotogenic psychedelics. You don't feel the fear from dissociatives. A trip to the m-hole and back is equally as fascinating as say a 10 strip of LSD or a DMT breakthrough... but much more easily recovered from..

I would order 1 or 2 grams of MXE, use started as insufflated, which with a little research quickly moved to rectal plugging, I used sublingual for low doses, but it wasn't practical since I almost exclusively used mxe high dose. I found it very difficult to regulate use, usually as 2-3 day binges, or week binges with 1 or 2 day breaks in between. This would continue until the mxe was used up.

One of the greatest things about mxe addiction, it is SO INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT, to resist dosing when you have a seemingly endless supply of mxe on you. And you deeply worry, how tough it might be once you run out, but when you do.. Its as simple as, "oh, no more mxe, thats too bad" and you truly forget all about it shortly.

Until of course, you order another bag.

My use became problematic when I acquired mxe in 10g quantities. And of course when I discovered the route of intramuscular injection. :!
My use escalated to once or twice weekly, my first IM experience , i discovered an M-hole like no other... and Ive only been able to revisit this realm when combining an IM shot while on a high dose of a psychedelic (Notably LSD)

Higher doses of mxe only lead to a black out.

When i last ran out, I was doing much better, life was going quite well, but unforuntely things starting going downhill fast. I ordered another 10g, and in the 2 weeks time I spent waiting for this mail, a few close relationships were shattered, a close friend of mine, who was very young, much too young, died of a suspected overdose, my girlfriend and I went our separate ways, and lately I simply feel alone in this world.

When the MXE arrived, I was telling myself I would use it right this time, Start with insufflated or sublingual, before moving up to rectal, and use IM only on rare occasions. keep the tolerance way down, get the most out of it.

Alas, I went straight to IM injection, and havent consumed MXE in any other ROA since. (besides trying it IV once.. (stupid idea)) and to make things worse, I stupidly went straight for high doses, MUCH MUCH frequently. causing black outs so to make it worse my tolerance sky rocketed and I didn't get to experience the hole I missed so much.

So now, Im using mxe nightly, by IM injection, my tolerance is once again high, to the point where mxe has lost its magic, and I can't experience that M-hole in its full glory, and I know the only way to bring it back is to STOP taking mxe, yet I can't help myself from taking it, which only leads to poor experiences or black outs.

Ive never had a problem with addiction like this, nothing has ever drawn me in like this, Ive even had periods of use with IV methamphetamine and dilaudid, doesn't even compare.

I cant bring myself to flush ~8g of MXE, so i plan to give it to a friend, in hopes of taking a few month break. Ive gotten my life back on track, finally going up hill again, no longer depressed. Perhaps if i can get a friend of mine to 'perscribe' me only a few hundred mg of my mxe a month, I could use it the way i'd like to use it.

For those like me with low self control, i would steer clear of MxE. I can't say I've ever had a "romance" with a drug like this one. She is so seductive, but deceptive. I knew right away I was in love with Mxe from the first time I laid eyes on her. I knew it would be a "bad romance." Now that my source is gone, the semester is nearing an end, as well as my stash, I feel a sense of impending loss. It's as if I know we are destined to not stay together. Overcome with lust i used Mxe in ways that didn't benefit me or the drug. What could have been a lifetime partner is now nothing, I exhibit no temperance. Every couple of hours i plug another 20mg could have been a breakthrough experience a year from now; what could have helped me is now destroying me. I don't deserve her nor was I able to integrate her in my life the way she should be. I just fucked her and fucker her and fucked her and I know that in the not too distant future my baby will be gone.

I fell into a deep depression from mxe. My life was going good: I was getting pussy, money and doing good in school. All while I was on mxe almost daily. I had no reason to be unhappy and I didn't know I was depressed.

It was the only substance I bought even when it was expensive. Then it got ridiculously cheap... In bulk. I bought bulk but wasn't doing grams a day, just a bump every now and then sometimes not even daily and I'd quit for weeks, but make no mistake this stuff manifested itself in subtle ways. I'd be unmotivated, lethargic without it and not care. Then it didn't even matter if I was on it I still didn't care.

I became withdrawn with friends always asking me to hang out and do stuff. When I was with them I was really by myself. It withdraws you. I felt like I wasn't really out there. Hope whoever is reading this of you feel withdrawn and depressed from mxe realize its not a good long term solution. I didn't realize I was depressed until I came out of my depression.

I fell into a deep depression from mxe. My life was going good: I was getting pussy, money and doing good in school. All while I was on mxe almost daily. I had no reason to be unhappy and I didn't know I was depressed.

It was the only substance I bought even when it was expensive. Then it got ridiculously cheap... In bulk. I bought bulk but wasn't doing grams a day, just a bump every now and then sometimes not even daily and I'd quit for weeks, but make no mistake this stuff manifested itself in subtle ways. I'd be unmotivated, lethargic without it and not care. Then it didn't even matter if I was on it I still didn't care.

I became withdrawn with friends always asking me to hang out and do stuff. When I was with them I was really by myself. It withdraws you. I felt like I wasn't really out there. Hope whoever is reading this of you feel withdrawn and depressed from mxe realize its not a good long term solution. I didn't realize I was depressed until I came out of my depression.

Wow- the way mxe works is strange. I'm now in the midst of a once a night binge. My experience so far is the exact opposite! My life felt terrible & I thought I had a crappy job & I really didn't have many friends. Now I've come to accept that I LIKE delivering pizza. A few old friends have come back into my life. I've been finding things out of the blue like last week a portable DVD player complete with power adapters & remote (on a table outside work- it was in a lunch box that was out there for >2 hours so I opened it) and a silver dime. Also someone offered to give me 30 30mg oxycodones in exchange for a ride to the pharmacy & I said no because opiates have ruined many lives.
I also took some with my ex GF (still one of if not my best friend) who is an alcoholic and we were able to talk openly about her problems. At one point she asked her boyfriend for a sip of his beer & I told her I was going to leave if she took another sip. I placed a can of tea next to the beer & made her choose- beer & I leave or tea & I'll stay. She took the tea & later she thanked me for doing that.

Sometimes you need to trade a bit of sanity or a few brain cells to see the big picture. ;)

I have been taking mxe for about a year which started at about once every couple weeks. From October '11 to April '12 I was using it every weekend, which eventually grew to a couple days on the weekend. In April it started sifting through my weekdays. Mid-may I started using it every single day almost all the time if I didn't have a commitment, and usually that was just an easy part time job. I would wake up, start plugging 15 minutes later, and then go on my routine for the day. I would do it about around 3-4 times a day-sometimes less, sometimes more.

I would almost always do 35mg doses. That seemed to be about to point where I didn't get too fucked up, which is something I really didn't desire in mxe. The high dose m-hole stuff just wasn't fun. I started upping my dose obviously due to tolerance. From June 9th to the 12th I abstained but after that I was back on every day. So I've had mxe virtually every day for a month straight. I started becoming worried about the health effects. I had some pain from what felt like the kidneys but often I couldn't tell if it was my back or not.

My tolerance had risen to about 70mg (so double) a couple days ago. The 22nd was the last night I did it since then because I noticed I had a swollen lymph gland. Not huge, but it caused a bruise-looking mark on top of it. It's pretty sad I actually had to see something manifest on the outside of me to hinder my usage. I plan on taking off at least a week and I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. There is a strong possibility this could perhaps be a tooth complication because I have ulcers on that side of my mouth and a sensitive tooth. I hope that is the case.

All in all, use just escalated more and more. I started developing routines for the day that mxe was just so fun to include in. Most notably and what I feel jump started the frequency was using it to lift weights. I have a gym in my garage and I would just blast some fun music and work hard. It's a shame I didn't even force myself to take at least 2-3 day breaks. I just find it such a fun thing to add to the day. It's like an in-between weed and a psychedelic. So when you're not wanting a lot, but not wanting too little. Hopefully it hasn't caused me severe health problems. That was always the thing that made me want to stop the most. Those dangers feel more apparent now and hopefully I can stay off it for at least a week at a time.

Last edited:
MXE is hard as hell to kick.
Best way is to stop ordering it. There is no real fiendish response form the body to get more right away. (for me).
I've had some really good times and some really bad times on this one.
I'm done for a good while again.
Maybe in a few months. Not for now.
Doesn't feel healthy to sit on that shit long and I'm pretty sure it's possible to overdose somewhat easily. Almost been there a few times and it's pretty scary.
One of the greatest things about mxe addiction, it is SO INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT, to resist dosing when you have a seemingly endless supply of mxe on you. And you deeply worry, how tough it might be once you run out, but when you do.. Its as simple as, "oh, no more mxe, thats too bad" and you truly forget all about it shortly.

Until of course, you order another bag.
sounds about right.

There's some addiction there but it's not half as bad as something like methamphetamine was.
I still get meth cravings years later and I hate the shit and would never touch it. Nasty.
I'm gonna go see a doctor in a few days I'll bring up my MXe use an see if they find anything attributed.

Good post, eye_wide_open, and good luck at the doctor's.

I agree that the addiction of MXE is psychologically very powerful, but blessedly nothing like as bad as substances which cause a physical AND mental dependence. Alcohol, benzodiazepines, and opiates have caused more trouble and pain for me.

Ironically, it's for that reason that it's been so hard to let go of MXE - comparatively, it has done less (obvious) damage than the others and doesn't have the crippling physical dependency issues.

It seems to give a lot and take a little, BUT it really can blast your perspective into something like pieces of abstract art if overused.

I just got Methoxetamine a couple days ago and already ran through around 250mg of it. I find myself redosing a lot. I actually just did a ton of it today (unknown amount, but less than 150) and the after effects were pretty bad at first, I had to talk to family like 3 hours after administration of a high dose. I tried to talk, but my speech was slurred and it was kind of hard to walk because my whole body was numb. Also, there was a slight feeling of stupor afterwards. I also find it's easier to do math on low doses of this compared to sober.

- What is your daily/weekly/monthy consumption?
over 100mg in one day. Today(7/3/12) probably about 150 consuming about 80mg in one dose.
EDIT: Used probably close to 500mg in 5 days, extracting the powder from the bag with a large pocket knife eyeballing about 40mg.
-For how long have you been doing it? And how, if at all, your pattern of use has changed? (increase dosages, changed ROA, etc.)
I mostly insufflated with the knife I talked about, never letting my high come to a rest. I once administrated MXE under my tongue (eyeballed more than 100mg in two doses), it was near the best dissociative high I ever had.
- What is your usual ROA?
Insufflation, I find this to be quick and easy, although I always had a slight headache.
- Do you feel you are addicted? If yes, do you think you can stop?
I feel I was, even after I ran out I felt the need for more for about a week after that I could care less of when I could have it. I'm getting more though. After 1 day I started fiending and got small pieces of dropped powder from my scale and where I stored it(the bag it came in ripped slightly from opening and closing the small bag repeatedly).
- Have you tried to quit? or do you want to stop using it?
I don't want to stop using, it's probably the best drug I ever had without a strong tolerance or depressing effects from pot use. But still, it is very much uncharted territory and I don't know what the hell is actually going on up in my noggin.
- Do you have any withdrawal symptoms?
Withdrawal symptoms for me include a headache which lasted only before sleeping after discontinuing use. Others include strong cravings, EXTREMELY slight depression.
- How does MXE addiction compares to other drugs addiction? E.g. Tobacco, Cannabis, Heroin, Cocaine..
Tobacco is just an addiction and produces nothing compared to well, any drug. I don't like the weed, it has more of a depression feeling than any actualy euphoria. I feel this is better than MDMA, it lasts longer (with repeated doses), barely any feeling of depression afterwards, and no loneliness towards the end of the high. Psychedelics are totally different than any other drug, I don't like to compare psychedelics to other types of drugs. I like DXM better because it has a lot of mental stimulation, it seems DXM makes me feel more understanding of spiritual things and more creativity, but still MXE produces no nausea and less of a wait. Plus it's available abundantly in powder form. DXM is my drug of choice, it gives me much more of a good feeling inside and much less of a hit to my mental processing.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

Short Term Adverse Effects:
Short-term memory loss
Slurred speech (higher doses)
Much more difficult to process information

Long-Term Adverse Effects:
Cravings afterwards
Strong headaches after using then stopping or repeated insufflation
Less mental capacity

It seems to have done a number on my brain, but all is reversible over time.

Last edited:
I suffered from what I would call a slight MXE addiction.. The reason i consided it an addiction was because of the multiple black outs I had experienced during my use. These black outs had me spewing random babble and almost putting myself in harms way unknowingly. I was in some sort of retard state where I made zero sense and that crazy things like the DEA was at my house. Audio hallucinations were also a big part of it.

Thing is I first experienced this (and 4-5 times again afterwards) with my usual dosing. I always plug the substance, around 30-50mg multiple times throughout the night. One night I just blacked out and came too with people in my room wondering what the fuck was wrong with me. I don't really understand what was different about what I had done. If anything I would think my steady use would make me less likely to black out because of an increased tolerance but it wasn't the case.

When I had first started using MXE I would usually dose enough to put me in a m hole so I could listen to music and have that awesome feeling of flying around everywhere. Now I can't seem to do it anymore because I'm too afraid to dose that high as I don't want another black out.

3/4 times a week, usually around 60-100mg in 1 session

-For how long have you been doing it? And how, if at all, your pattern of use has changed? (increase dosages, changed ROA, etc.)
About 2 months now, from the moment i ordered it i used it almost every day especially in the weekends. I feel my tolerance has slightly gone up.I never used any other method then insufflation

Never tried tried other then isufflation

As from today i decided to cut down on my use cause i feel im using it way too much

Not really

- How does MXE addiction compares to other drugs addiction? E.g. Tobacco, Cannabis, Heroin, Cocaine..
Because i only been using it for 2 months i can't really compare it to other drugs, but i have a feeling it can become very addictive if dont have much self control.

- Frequency?
every other day

-For how long have you been doing it?
since June

sublingual ~40mg

reduction, yes.

if I'm busy then I don't have withdrawal symptoms.

- How does MXE addiction compare to other drugs addiction? E.g. Tobacco, Cannabis, Heroin, Cocaine..
after I found mxe I left everything behind: booze, weed, coke, etc.

mxe is a wonderful drug

Weekly was 2-2.5g.

- For how long have you been doing it? And how, if at all, your pattern of use has changed? (increase dosages, changed ROA, etc.)
Had used it for 10-11 months. I started doing 25mg nasally, started doing 25-50 nasally, vaporizing (lightbulb) & sublingually.
Then started to plug it, usage soon moved up to ~100mg doses with that.

Plugging.

- Do you feel you are addicted? If yes, do you think you can stop?
Yes, I just kept doing it, had stopped my psyche meds and it began to make my depression much, much worse.
I am in rehab now, so I am hoping I can stop.

In rehab now, 32 days clean. Still get cravings for it, other drugs too.

Didn't notice any physical withdrawal, being off psyche meds emotional & psychological are hard to see.
I do seem to have gotten some HPPD from the heavy use; everything has a layer of flickering 'static', more prominent on plain surfaces and in the dark.

Never got addicted to tobacco, found it easy to stop. Cannabis was easier. Never been addicted to others.