• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Addiction

Isn't that the main problem with MXE though? For me, it is the most addictive substance I have ever taken - next to nicotine. At least nicotine does't turn one into a meglomiac fool....

Causes cancer, blah blah blah.. I have come to terms with the fact that some of the mistakes I have made are life threatening. I have a nihalistic streak though... and when it comes right down to it.... we're all gonna die...

My advice to anyone thinking about taking MXE.... DONT. But what do I know... do what you want...

... repent at leisure.

Me and MXE.. it was love at first sight. It was everything I was looking for and it didn't dissapoint. I think of 2011 as my MXE year. Did I waste a whole year of my life? Who knows?

I am only just coming to terms with the fact that I am addicted to MXE. The main problem I have, is that a lot of what I experienced was positive... Or was it? I don't know. I am in a state of confusion. But you only have to look out your window, or read/watch the news... isn't the world a bit fucked up? I can only speak for myself when I say 'Fuck it all, fuck everything....'

This attitude is not new. My main problem now is that I am completely comfortable in my own nihalism. MXE seems to have exessarbated it. I DON'T CARE anymore. I could see a a tsunami coming down the street, and I would just think 'here comes a tsunami... I am going to die....'

This isn't alltogether negative. The logical part of my brain is still functioning.. I don't WANT to die. But I know one day that I WILL die. And to be honest, i dont care how it happens.

Oh fuck it... I'm not blaming MXE for this.... we were destined to meet anyway.

Last edited:
I'm sick of MXE cravings. I haven't taken it for a month and a half. I wasn't even using it very frequently, besides one binge when one week I was using a small, euphoric dose every evening.

I'm thinking of MXE every damn day. And as I said, I'm sick of it. I don't want myself to see any other option than buying some MXE to fix the problem.

^^^ Same here, I'll go for three days without it but I'll still crave it. I'd rather I was addicted to something else than this because I'm a bit worried of the bladder/kidney damage in long-term. I went a whole week without it once, but only because I threw my 500mg away. Then I just ordered some more. :(

I've been on a forced vacation from it but I want it so badly, I could easily slip into using it every evening if I could afford it, it's such a deceiving but delightful but dangerous drug :|

I can only speak for myself when I say 'Fuck it all, fuck everything....'

This attitude is not new. My main problem now is that I am completely comfortable in my own nihalism. MXE seems to have exessarbated it. I DON'T CARE anymore. I could see a a tsunami coming down the street, and I would just think 'here comes a tsunami... I am going to die....'

I am starting to feel the same. I have been using MXE for only around 2 weeks now, and this is how I am feeling. I am using it in varying amounts daily, but usually take less than 100mg staggered throught the evening.

As for addiction, I'm not sure if it exists or not, but I too have found myself taking small doses just to get over the shear boredom of not being high, and this, along with 5-Meo-DALT are my chosen substances, as they allow sleep shortly after, lets you remain functional the morning after and has no withdrawal.

I would also like to add that my kidneys are in quite a bit of pain, especially after the nights of heavy usage.

Consumed over 10g in the last year. Back in April I ordered my first 2gr, really liked the stuff, started using it more often until I lost control over it (I couldn't avoid taking it every night) and threw the rest away. Same thing happened with another 3gr a couple of months later. After summer I went for it again. Ordered another 3gr and spent like 28 days out of 30 holing at night, enjoying the afterglow by day. When this bag was over I spent one month clean. Then ordered another 3gr, back to the old routine, spent the bag, bought another one, I holed maybe for 45 nights out of 50.

Always insufflated, always at night, alone at home, dosage would be from 60 to 200mg, I had to increase it as tolerance increased too. I got to the point where 50mg snorted did almost nothing.

While my first few dosings made me feel like I wanted to go and help others and truly make something of my life, this soon gave way to a feeling that I was somehow connected in a bizarre way to important people and happenings around me.

Yes, I've been exactly through that.

I got megalomania at some point, without even realising it. I had so much self-confidence it was ridiculous. Experienced a month of crazy synchronicities, like guessing some guy's hometown without knowing him, dreaming about a friend of mine suffering, I tell her next day and she answers she had a big pain night because of the period, and some more stuff that probably wasn't so incredible but I thoguht it was because of the megalomania.

The trips were mind-blowing. That was one of the arguments I used for not recognising I was addicted. It was so interesting, reality falling apart in 20 minutes, getting out of the body, the landscapes, being the landscapes. Reminding all of this makes me crave. Truth is that I was, apart from the body, distancing myself from emotional pain, depression and anxiety. I stopped my 30-60mins meditation daily routine (which is what was helping me with this) and replaced that with MXE holing/afterglow as anti-depressant. Not a very sustainable thing. I stopped because the loss of magic of the hole (really, after doing it 30 days in a row I was like "pfft, out of the body, once again? boring. i know this places very well, nothing new) and because deep inside of me I knew it wasn't healthy (depending on a substance to balance my mood is something I don't want to do). It wasn't a hard thing to do, took me one day and that's it. That was a month and a half ago. Recovered my daily meditation routine and I don't crave often, only a couple of days a month, when I have (very) low serotonine days. I gave away my last gram to a friend of mine and phoned him two times, begging for 50mg. Which is what I just did as I was writing this (today's a bad day).

Last edited:
I'm an addict. No doubt. I even keep it a secret to friends who are also in to drugs because I am worried of how they will judge me. Been taking MXE daily (sometimes up to 2-3 times a day) now for a week. Before that I had a 5 day break from another 1½ MXE race. This is just 2012. Late 2011 I was taking MXE constantly if I had some at home, and even went through with ordering MXE rather than buying food etc. I am worried of BP, kidney and bladder issued, but I tell myself that unless I continue with this for additonal several years I'm fine. Anybody else taking MXE every day for long periods? What is your "record"?

^ I went thru like 78 grams in 4 months... I sold about 35-40 of that and took the rest myself... I was averaging a half grama day during the day at work... over a gram a day easily on weekends...and even 2g in a day a couple times... tolerance became a bitch tho and it was just no longer much fun... so I took a month and a half off... for me this wasn't difficult at all... no cravings, no withdrawal symptoms, no shitty mood, nothing... but I think I need to wait longer yet, perhaps something like the 3 months recommended for mdma...... it was much better than in my time of overuse and I was taking much smaller sub 100mg doses... but back in the day before overuse I could get smashed rightly on 60-75mg... and I took the same batch... I have a lil saved ;)

Last edited:
What sort of work do you do where you could get away with taking 1/2 a gram of Methoxetamine a day? Or does the tolerance just build up so highly that it was having no discernible cognitive effects on you?

Sorry if the question makes it sound as if I'm judging you - I'm not, I've gone through several addictions where I've been into work in altered states every day for months at a time - I just can't imagine feeling comfortable on even the smallest amount of Methoxetamine whilst at work

This was after tolerance built... the reason I took it all the time is cuz it made me super productive actually... along with being in a great mood and such

I've taken small doses at work before, like 30mg and it has made me more productive and more motivated and in a much better mood, although anytime taking any drug at work is always has a slight edge of paranoia that someone might realise.

I like how this was said to be a "Bladder Friendly" alternative to Ketamine. It really is not.

I like how this was said to be a "Bladder Friendly" alternative to Ketamine. It really is not.

idk who out there is thinking that a moiety or two on top of ketamine would produce a compound that suddenly would never produce bladder ulcers or fibrosis... that is a very optimistic thing to think.

afaik it was only said to be better for the bladder because, in theory, you would be taking much less substance. but i would assume, as starting place, that it is equally damaging to the bladder, by mg, as k.

on topic: i do find this shit moreish. and sneaky about it too because its DRI effects are so long-lived.

Im afraid this is going to kill me. Seriously considering seeking some professional help but that too could ruin my life.

- What is your daily/weekly/monthy consumption?
Dose every other day for no more than two weeks, followed by at least of month of abstinence
- For how long have you been doing it? And how, if at all, your pattern of use has changed? (increase dosages, changed ROA, etc.
On and off for a couple months now. I started with a heroic nasal dose which scared me away for weeks but I curiously returned switching to oral dosing in minimal amounts.
- What is your usual ROA?
Dissolve in a small glass of water, drink.
- Do you feel you are addicted? If yes, do you think you can stop?
It is a lot of fun, but MXE tends to lose her magic and temper rather quickly when abused. Every time I attempt a binge I get to the third day and I swear off it. Then 48-72 hours later I return and she's back to her sexy self. I never exceed 50mg in a day. Usually 25mg now, 25 later.
- Have you tried to quit? or do you want to stop using it?
I like it. I don't want to stop, but breaks are required. I find the best way to take a vacation from MXE is to order small amounts at a time.
- Do you have any withdrawal symptoms?
MXE stays in my system longer than I expected and leaves me with a fulfilled, whole and hopeful afterglow. Life feels more hands on.
- How does MXE addiction compares to other drugs addiction? E.g. Tobacco, Cannabis, Heroin, Cocaine..
Minx is a tramp and easy to break up with. None-the-less I highly value her insights.

Copy/paste ony counts as one character? Pshh

Alright after reading this whole thread i realized , that there are way to many in responsible people, not to accuse anyone of fucking things up, but truelly it just amazes me that people are so clueless i mean this is a Rc so the long term effects haven't been pronounced yet.

i have taken mxe a few times , but i personally take drugs for recreation and fun learn stuff from it new experiences people who are taking this substance any-day everyday are the once who get these rc ilegal. with drugs comes a great responsibility
and i know that in my country mushrooms have been made illegal cause of in responsible use of stupid tourists cause they don't think straight , yeey we are in holland so lets smoke 5g weed get fucked up on booze and trow some mushrooms down in our belly and lets jump of a bridge thanks tourists you see my point :p i hope you guys see my point I personally benefit allot from this chemical , stopped smoking everyday cause it just doesn't help me as long as i don't have a job :p and i workout again. i had that after a wild night on this chemical when i was alone and tripped pretty nasty i mean i was crawling in my bed laughing like a mad men , laughing cause of how crazy my trip was it just was a turning point XD

back on topic btw , this chemical does seems to help alot of people to quit nast habbits they had for so long i smoked weed from my 16 until 23 everyday now only in the weekends :)

only once or twice in a month, but i did learn the same as many others less is more :p
- For how long have you been doing it? And how, if at all, your pattern of use has changed? (increase dosages, changed ROA, etc.
3 months first 2 times i explored the hole XD now i only take a few bumps when i'm on it , so i decreased my dosages
nasal most of the times , tryed it a few times sublingual not really my style
not at all
No did not try it cause it ain't a problem don't wanna stop but i guess this compound gets classed anyway
MXE yea it makes me feel like everything is okay even the days after it give me a fresh look on life kinda adore it :)the same does DMT for me it restart the engine with fresh oil
- How does MXE addiction compares to other drugs addiction? E.g. Tobacco, Cannabis, Heroin, Cocaine..
well i,m addicted to tobacco that a hard addiction was addicted to cannabis stop thanks to mxe , i have been a abuser of xtc and amphetamins but was not addicted to those chemicals ,with this compound i did not feel any urge to abuse it at all ,
but with xtc it was only fun for so many months same for amphetamines , so those chemicals already learned me the basics :)

300-1000 mg a day.
Snorting, swallowing.
Very. I'm not sure. Will have to see.
Trying at the moment!
Frustration, unexplained anger / agitation. Yesterday I found myself with an irregular heartbeat, abnormally slow pulse and perhaps a low blood preassure.
Runny / stuffed nose.

Last edited:
wow

thats a lotta ppl sayin this stuffs got em by the nads. pretty scary!

i am a ketamine lover; but this one fortunately, did not peak my interest as i am more of a fan of the immediate submersion/ shorter duration hole. i did about 35mg once with a 100mg(1cc) IM shot of ketamine and got lost in a hole that i eventually fell asleep in. woke up still kinda loaded and said, aw hell naw. never again.

ill stick to ketamine once a month or so instead...

I was scared out of my skull yesterday honestly thinking I was gonna die cause my heart was beating slow and irregular yet I find it very hard to stay off dosing again today. Recently this morning (with only 4 hours of sleep since last dose) I was irritated and aggressive nearly unable to control myself then getting very nauseos about to faint on my way to the store (had to sit down several times on the way). Every time I wake up I'm really thirsty. I dont know if this has anything to do with MXE playing with my kidneys??? Or maybe it has something to do with me breathing through my mouth during the sleep (shit messes up my nasal cavity). Hope my posts can help someone, cause this is one real addictive substance.