• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Addiction

Really now? when i started working out and was on Risperdol for 6 months getting a chest.. to let it go.. i got my first set of man boobs.. its now recalled and lawsuits are pouring in.. gonna have to take a look at these structures and see if theres any comparison... do you happen to have a link for where you got this info about etizolam from????? thanks and by vanilla do you mean anything to do with the sky?

When exactly was this recall on Risperidone? Or was that a joke.. I know in 2011 some was for a bad odor. : )

I really like this post your right on the money. And also the part about liking downers but not alcohol, thats me right there!!!!!!

This stuff is just too good tho. I dont understand it, heres what makes it addictive for me...
It has the most desirable effects of any drug for me ive ever tried... and ON TOP OF THAT FACT
it has NO BODYLOAD, NO COMEDOWN, AND NO HANGOVER. No other drug even comes CLOSE to that profile for me.

Furthermore I have pushed this shit HARD, to the point of attending EDC Vegas and entering the deepest holes of my life for 2 days straight, and dosing moderate doses for another 2 days (not acheiving hole but still getting around the area) then I just stopped once i got back home, went sober for a full week, and NEVER HAD A COME DOWN NEVER HAD BAD THOUGHTS NEVER HAD ANYTHING, and trust me i will even admit, I DESERVE A COMEDOWN FOR HOW MUCH FUN I HAD AND HOW HARD I PUSHED IT, BUT IT WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND! It doesnt make sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing ive experienced is my tolerance is slowly but surely creeping up here... not too fast, but its not stopping....

Right now I dose about 1-4 times a week. The rest of the time im 100% sober. I promise you on everything this substance has help me quit weed and all cannabanoids cold turkey, as well as quit mdma and psychadelics entirely, because now MXE is the only thing I crave.

The rest of the work week i am 100% sober as a flute with no alc no Mxe no weed no nothing, and things have just been improving.

Im very interesting to see where this heads... because ive never heard of a life IMPROVING drug, only how slowly but surely it will bring you down.

I would ASSUME there must be something bad about this chem, but to be honest I AM LOOKING VERY HARD AND HAVENT FOUND IT WITH NO COMEDOWN HANGOVER OR BODYLOAD, no matter how hard you push it.

Let me know..

Yes, sir, this is RIGHT on the money. I noticed the comedown from ket after my first couple uses; lethargic, tired, maybe a SLIGHT brain effect in the morning. But, with MXE, none of this is present. I started using a couple weeks ago with my friends, and the most insanely desirable effect that this drug has on you, the effect that makes it likely one of the most psychologically addictive substances on the RC marke-no, ever.. Is the fact that there's absolutely NO comedown, hangover, stupidity, mind blocks, the next couple days after use, or right after use. After taking the drug there's a profound afterglow and then return to baseline. Even several hours after taking MXE one still feels warm, well-rested, humorous, happy. It's made me extremely compulsive, the fact that I can dose for days on end and feel MORE articulate and learned and sharp then before. For days of being sober I still have this positive feeling; Where as only a couple beers will make me feel quite braindead the next morning. It's frightening actually; the fact that, no matter how amazing and impeccable the experiences are, no matter how much I should deserve a comedown or some sort of built in warning of overuse, like with MDMA.. there's none of that. It's almost the opposite. Perhaps it's cumulative and stays in the body for some time? I feel like this should have a horrific of negative effect on me from 3 weeks of almost constant use- But things keep just getting better. Help. This shouldn't happen. I feel like years from now this will bite me in the ass, in some sort of way. Bladder removal, catheter, liver damage; but what if it doesn't? I supplement with antioxidants often and 5-HTP in the morning since it also acts as an SSRI.. How would this cause Olney's leisons? I've learned a lot from the drug and from ketamine, and somehow I feel like my memory has gotten sharper; I'm more eloquent; I react to bad situations much nicer; I'm more calm, and though I notice a sort of slight dissociation from reality days into sobriety, it's a pleasant and lucid one. I feel more here then before. ITS FUCKING WRONG

^ Yeah I'm in the same place about this drug. It's pretty miraculous, as long as it's used responsibly in the right environment and not combined excessively with certain contra-indicated drugs like alcohol. I'm looking for bad things about it but not finding it. I mean it's not perfect because it does impair certain capacities (try doing math problems on a large dose haha) but that goes along with responsible use, just make sure you are using it at the right times and for the right reasons. If you keep enough sober time to take care of your life responsibilities it seems OK to use regularly.

started doing k daily about 5 years ago, then about 2 years ago switched to mxe.......

- What is your daily/weekly/monthy consumption?
daily easily a g or 2 every day.....

- For how long have you been doing it? And how, if at all, your pattern of use has changed? (increase dosages, changed ROA, etc.

its been about 2 years daily now..... still work my job good, but other than that life pretty much sucks....

- What is your usual ROA?
usually bomb it but snort it if doing with others

- Do you feel you are addicted? If yes, do you think you can stop?
100% addicted... can stop... just sucks when i do... ive ran out for a week here and there and its not the end of the world but man you just dont feel like doing anything...

- Have you tried to quit? or do you want to stop using it?
i would LOVE to quit..... i am add and was on ritalin a few years back, before i did mxe... but stopped taking it... i really want to go to a doc a get an adderall xr prescription and i think if i had that i would be fine with saying bye bye to the mxe.

- Do you have any withdrawal symptoms?

just feel lazy and dont care about stuff

- How does MXE addiction compares to other drugs addiction? E.g. Tobacco, Cannabis, Heroin, Cocaine..

smoked weed hash budder everyday for 8 years straight before this and i look back and wish i could be the THC addict i was back then... that was the good life... never been addicted to anything else.... but have done lsd and shrooms hundreds of times back in my thc days...

Dont get hard in to this stuff.... just use it recreationally if you can...

sorry if my post is a little short i probably could say more...... any questions or comments would be good............. or if anyone wants to chat about it.....

Last edited:
I've only used MXE once in the past month, and for those of you that know my posts, that's a big accomplishment for me. I attended a two week inpatient rehab program, and I'm the first person admitted in their history whose drug of choice was MXE (I had to explain what it was to quite a few people. Luckily I know A LOT about it) Of course, if MXE was the ONLY drug I had been using, I wouldn't have ended up there. I was there primarily to get into my head not to fuck with opiates ever again, and on that mark the program did a stellar job because at least 90% of the people there were heroin addicts, and yeah that shit fucks up everything given enough time. Back on topic, taking a month break from MXE (and all drugs for that matter) has been good for my head. I don't feel like my years of MXE abuse has created any lasting negative consequences for me, mentally/physically/spiritually I'm feeling real sharp now, but guys, really, doing it every day like a mexaholic WILL mess up your circuitry and take you off of your natural baseline which is very important to come back to! I had some lingering depersonalization, depression and fatigue that didn't go away during my off time because I didn't give enough time to reset before going back into the MXE headspace. I had also started to do such large doses due to large tolerance that I experienced a bit of physical withdrawal after binges, so YES there is a downside to this drug given enough time of abuse, but there is also a VERY LARGE therapeutic window for this drug to treat any number of things ranging from chronic pain and fatigue to treatment-resistant depression. It's also a miracle drug for withdrawing from opiates and treating post-acute withdrawal syndrome. My only problem was that I started getting into a cycle of using opiates, then coming off with MXE and then after awhile getting back into the opiates. The opiate part is what I needed to remove from the equation, and I hope to God I have that clear in my head now.

- What is your daily/weekly/monthy consumption?

tolerance has grown recently to 2-3 grams in a week, followed by a break of typically 1-2 weeks.

- For how long have you been doing it? And how, if at all, your pattern of use has changed? (increase dosages, changed ROA, etc.)

pattern has been remarkably consistent in the past 6-12 months. In the first year the pattern ranged from doing smaller doses throughout the day every day for 1-4 weeks at a time followed by a break of 1-4 weeks. In the first year my average was usually less than 1 gram a week. Over the past 6 months I have progressively been IVing it more which is something I'm not proud of and intend to stop.

- What is your usual ROA?

Have experimented with every God given ROA. I fell in love with IV, but typically subligual/oral is my go-to route. Occasionally vaporizing or nasal.

- Do you feel you are addicted? If yes, do you think you can stop?

I'm addicted and can (and do) stop. It's hard to call it addiction, more like love. It's nothing like recovering from my opiate addiction which has some motherfucking talons.

- Have you tried to quit? or do you want to stop using it?

Yes and no.

- Do you have any withdrawal symptoms?

If using under a gram a week for up to a week at a time, the only WD to speak of is mental- slight disinterest and de-motivation for a couple days. In larger amounts or longer use there is a noticable physical WD for me. My last binge was 2.5 g in 4 days (most of it IV) and it was a surprisingly unpleasant physical WD. Tread lightly people!

- How does MXE addiction compares to other drugs addiction? E.g. Tobacco, Cannabis, Heroin, Cocaine..

As mentioned it's in a whole different world compared to opiate addiction. More comparable to cannabis. It does have a little of the moreish and fiendish quality of cocaine because of the dopamine reuptake inhibition.

About the w/d, I had what I would call restless legs syndrome but it was affecting my whole body, it was like I wanted to explode in to million pieces, couldn't stay still at all, I was just marching around the apartment, stretching a lot etc. It was quite terrible. Also had the typical running nose and I felt quite cold even when it was warm inside. Mentally I was depressed and anxious. I was aching a lot too but that might be because of the way I treated my body under the influence, not necessary due to the drug. I do yoga occasionally and I did that too on mxe, it was like "oh boy I didn't know the human body is even capable of this!" I managed to get myself in pretty crazy postures and did extremely stupid excercises because of the analgesic aspect of mxe. Can't remember if there was anything else.

Under the influence of MXE, I turned into a completely different person, I would do things that I definately would never do sober.

God, yeah, you think you can do all sorts of crazy exercises on MXE and you are so fit and powerful. I would do yoga for hours thinking I was going somewhere or doing something, but it was just : A) Was so high couldn't feel any pain in the body whatsoever , so I would over execert my body , causing damage (I swear I popped my jaw out of place on MXE and yoga. B)Thought I was a spiritual heavyweight, and the fake Yoga was somehow spiritually significant.

You can do damage doing exercise on mxe and other PCx compounds do to the lack of pain feedback.

Here I am again on this thread, lost in the sauce. I need to take my own advice that I posted here earlier this year when I had a clear head.
My problem at the moment is that i'm just too fucking good with this drug. I had a bad trip 5 days ago after taking a couple week break, and ever since then I've been super careful and intentional with my set/setting and the good news is that every single dose I've taken in the last 4 days has been nothing short of stellar mind blowing cosmic orgasms and alien intelligences taking over my sound system to play with me. That's every time I hole. And then the rest of the time, when im interacting with the real world I feel great too, nothing but good times and not missing a beat. I'm still taking care of my responsibilities and doing it all with love. So what's the problem then? I can't stop. I don't want to stop, but I know I need to 'slow my roll' as the saying goes because its just ridiculous how hard I'm going.
How am I going to get off this crazy train!?
Edit, I should add that Ive averaged about a third of a gram a day, 4 days in a row. The last couple days I've been using the IV route despite the fact I told myself I wouldn't do it again. That's the biggest concern. Luckily I'm using the highest purity material and using safe practices. I feel like my body has no problem with it, and that's saying a lot because my immune system has a history of overreacting to things. I wish there were some feelings of negative repercussions to give me a reason to stop.

Last edited:
Be careful Vortech, I don't want you to disappear on us and never publish your book. I'm sure quite a few of us want to read it some day.

Thanks for the support. The last few days have been epic in learning how to be pure in my spirit as I continue to balance all the energies.

I finally started feeling negative repercussions, unsettling enough to scare me off it for a good while. I felt like I was literally burning out my life force. It didn't help that I started a new full time job this past week, and yes I was going to work on it. But before anyone goes thinking how irresponsible that is, I had already developed a week-long tolerance by the time I started so I was able to handle it exceptionally without making mistakes. The job is inventory tracking and data entry, receiving of 100s of packages a day at a warehouse. They were impressed with how instantaneously I picked the job up, so there is something to be said for how this drug can improve learning, at least in the way that my brain uses it. However it does ramp up my metabolism, so it doesn't feel sustainable to continue doing on MXE.

Yes, MXE can certainly be addictive, I found it out myself.

Take care, guys.

I think we need a new category of addiction. There's physical addiction, then there's mental addiction. But what about spiritual addiction? MXE hits on all 3 fronts.

Totally agree, if it's flooding the brain with, or mocking natural chemicals in the brain then the brain naturally will stop producing that chemical over time so when stop use= withdraw until brain starts producing more. So now we can drain these chemicals without our bodies natural warning sign going off saying "too much, let me replace some of the shit your damaging?" That's crazy, could you imagine Meth or heroin without any negative consequences/ withdraws? people would strictly be able to use the drugs for what they are made for " to separate my body from my mind and to disconnect from material bullshit long enough to let the "drug" take it's course and carry over positive qualities & understanding into my everyday life. But then again we put things in our body everyday that enhance our life with no negative health consequences... Or do they?

I think we need a new category of addiction. There's physical addiction, then there's mental addiction. But what about spiritual addiction? MXE hits on all 3 fronts.

Way back when I was doing MXE regularly (weekends) and was trying to categorize it, I finally came to the conclusion that it was "ridiculously wholesome". So ridiculously wholesome, in fact, that I ended up using it in secret, more often than my rational mind wanted me to. I ended that, one wholesome and spiritual night, by dumping my (big) stash into the toilet.

These days I'm kicking myself as I haven't been able to find a good batch of MXE since then. I think I would be able to have a healthy relationship with it today, but who knows.

I do love MXE. As a painkiller it blows away any opiate I've ever had.
As a recreational drug it can be very fun and euphoric. That said, it gets boring fast if I do it more than once a week. It took me over half a year to get through 3.5g.

5HT psychedelics on the other hand are strangely compulsive. I have managed to get through 0.5g 2C-E since the start of the month (15-20 trips).

dumping my (big) stash into the toilet.
What is it about MXE that drives its users to flush it down the toilet? It seems to be a unique and quite common side effect of this drug. I've lost count of how many times I've heard of people doing that.

In response to the flushing phenomenon, many people who have used MXE experience a very intimate connection with their highest power, the Godhead as it may be called- but there is a duality to it, for positive can not exist without negative- Satan as it may be called. Seeing both sides in a moment of clarity can be enough for the user's higher power to say 'OK, however mind blowing that may have been, I'm glad to have experienced it but I don't need to experience it again!'

Good point. I've found dissociative addiction to attack the spirit more so than the body or mind. This becomes dangerous because how does one's spirit recover from addiction?

In response to the flushing phenomenon, many people who have used MXE experience a very intimate connection with their highest power, the Godhead as it may be called- but there is a duality to it, for positive can not exist without negative- Satan as it may be called. Seeing both sides in a moment of clarity can be enough for the user's higher power to say 'OK, however mind blowing that may have been, I'm glad to have experienced it but I don't need to experience it again!'
Fuck.
MXE is euphoric and trippy but I don't get anything like that off it. It has a very 'clinical' feel to it and it's strongly anesthetic. IME the feeling is not too dissimilar to propofol but it's a lot more numbing and not quite as euphoric.