• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ones knows there is a high chance you will w/d since on top of your 3 week fent you used methadone. But everyone is different people can take opioid's daily for a couple weeks without having w/d.

DANKY: IM ON M'DONE DAILY , FOR THE PAST 5YRS :) its interesting as when i was on duragesic i think somme of fentanyls effects were shut down due to methadone. Not sure if there is any proof of it , but i tried searching it few times, to no success. Whether methadone depotentiatce other opioids while taken with methadone , and accumulated methadone dose, as in taking it for yrs. Hrmmmm.

Thx for input ! I will help when can also , trust me, as i trust myself :) =D

^So you have been on the methadone for 5 years and the fent for 3 weeks and your asking if you will have withdrawal when you quit both, or just the fent?

If its just the fentanyl, then i don't think you will have any noticable withdrawal symptoms, maybe you will feel your methadone less though.

since you'll still have the methadone i don't think the fent withdrawls will be too bad... its a very strong opiate, especially at that dose, but i think it would take longer use to get serious withdrawls, if you do experience unbearable withdrawls then up your methadone dose a bit...

since you'll still have the methadone i don't think the fent withdrawls will be too bad... its a very strong opiate, especially at that dose, but i think it would take longer use to get serious withdrawls, if you do experience unbearable withdrawls then up your methadone dose a bit...

agreed, the wd's will be pretty minimal and short. if they're impeding on you too much just have you methadone upped 10-20mg or so for no more than a week and cut back down to your usual dose you're on at the moment.

if you werent on the methadone and were wding from the fent you'd expect a pretty acute but short lasting withdrawal. fentanyl has been ther nastiest opioid i've withdrawn from albeit short lasting. it's an intense withdrawal with physical effects lasting only 2-3days with PAWS kicking in after that.

agreed

Just dont bro, unless your idea of being high is a 24 hour puke fest. Methadone is for those with some tolerance and experience with opiates. Start with 5 mg if you are non-tolerant and non-experienced. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT REDOSING BEFORE THE 4 HOUR MARK and even at that point the answer of a prudent person would still be NO if you do not have a tolerance. You can OD on methadone quite easily if you lack tolerance and do not know how to handle opiates.

Start with 5mg then wait ~15-20 hours.
Then move up to 10mg if necessary.

depression

I took the FAQ portion of phrozen's buprenorphine FAQ and copied it, adjusting it to pertain to methadone, so credit goes to phrozen for the layout, questions, and some answers that went unchanged.

Q: Is methadone good for depression/anxiety?
A: Just like any other full-agonist, it can cause depression. And again, like other full-agonists, it will help ease anxiety.

'done has been known to be be scripted off label for depression and I believe has been shown to be effective in some.

From a long time (recently quit) opioid user

Methadone is called liquid handcuffs for a damn good reason

I basically cut off at 200mg a day. I have been to a few clinics and they all run for profit, where I am. When I began the process of checking out clinics none of them even mentioned the option of out-patent detox.

I had a large habit and metabolize 'done quickly so to keep from w/d at 10:00pm (dosed around 6:30-7:30am). I needed 200mg to stabilize.

Every clinic I have been to have never suggested getting off the shit. When I asked for O.P. detox they would drag their feet maybe take me down 5mg and not follow up. They want you for life, that business for you.

Sorter acting opiates or semi-synthetics are much better if you really want to stop. Just be ready. 'done W/D last ~1.5 months

Finally I swore at the head nurse and got kicked out (sort of). Clinics are dehumanizing place and the staff hated me after that.

Another clinic. Got them to put me on 160mg or 180 by not showing for a few days and complaining of non-present side effects. A 'lil while later they upped it to 200mg. This was after I had myself changed to taper status. Then I came in the evening, on time, and the nurse would not dose me nor offer any explanation. Mind I was on good satus the whole time at the clinic and had no prior notice.

Last edited:
recreational dose?

Good evening everyone,i am brand new to bluelight and hope that i am in the correct section to ask a particular question regatding methadone(57-71,10 mg)i consider my self to have a very above average tolerance to all prescription medication.My question is i received a large amout of the 5771 10 mg,and would like to know what a good recreational dose would be to start,earlier i tokk 70 mg orally and and got to feeling fairly good,but took awhile to feel affects,can someone inform me what the max dose could be for me to take.I am 6'3 225 pouns and like i said have a very high tolerance,just havnt played with the methadone to much.

HI ALL. from what I told in my posts before , Im on 85mgs of methadone, was on 75 for many yrs then 10 days ago i gone up to 85 due to the fact i was not allowd to have anymore duragesic prescribed from a diff doc. anyhow, what has been mentioned b4 i can really relate to. Methadone for me and millions others is and has been a life saver, i only used dope on top of 'done once when i just started and i realised half a g of dope hasnt done shiiit. I will make this post short , for one :) I get 5mg diazepam prescribed 50 of them every 2 to 3 weeks, also 25 temazepam to help me sleep and 50 50mg doxepin / deptran for sleepimg and to get this at times depressive feeling get away. TO ALL WHO ARE SEEKING ANTI DEPRESSANT. i deeply from my own experiments on my self and mates who felt shiiit due to lifes issues , i given few doxepin and they slept better, felt a lot less depressed,. less anxious and recently its been proven that DOXEPIN HCL as a drug is a pretty goood analgesic also. Im sure every doc will prescribe DOXEPIN . if u dun know what it is, google it./ IT really has helped me heaps and i been on it for well over a year. Taken before bed its a charm...

Just 2 cents about methadones wonder cure abilities and proof rate. i would like to say that u will find a lot less people who are on methadone compared to who are on bupe looking for a hit and are coming back to their drug habbits. methadone helped myself and if i could get 6 days take homes i would b happiest methdone taker out there. now i get 4 take homes, which is pretty good anyhow . Problem i thought may arise when one wants to travel , especially to asian countires, thailand, indonesia and etc. My doc will write a letter to support issue that this med is there for my own use and for no other reason. I hope no customs should not allow me to enter their country WITH docs confirmation of methdone use.

AND PLS DO LOOK INTO DOXEPIN who may think they starting to feel depressed,. more lower than usual , as methadone may do that after taking it for many yrs , as it been mention earlier on. DOXEPIN will help, but effects may not be noticed instantly. may takej a week or so. depends on a person....

Im no advocate for doxepin but do recommend it , as a helper on this top FORUM...

HELP OTHERS AND U SHELL BE HELPED . IN TIME

$@^@$^$#^ Eug. ALL BEST 2 ALL. and fill me in, if u have questions regarding doxepin . im happy to help..

4 years ago i was taking 40 mg mthadone / day... today my normal doseis 60 mg, but I take 200mg - 300mg the maximum I taked in one time was 380mg..... My tolerance is to high for a average methadone user?? I wanto to taper down to 60 - 80 mg.... will it be that hard????

from my knowledge methadone isnt the sort of opioid that builds up tollerance to it. Meaning u can be on a dose suitable for u for as long as u want , but methadone is a kind of drug that when taken for long periods,. by that i mean many months or years , it loses its pain killing properties and just works on not making u hang for using... Methadone accumilates and that is when people feel they need to have more and more . Im not saying 400mgs is a big dose, dont get me wrong, ofcourse its bigger than 85 or 100 but if it suits u to be on 400 than be it. When same dose is taken for long, us humans start to crave this rush that we used to get when we were just in starting usage stages of methadone. I still nod off if i start reading a book , being on 85mgs for 5yrs. recently gone up from 75 to 85. at my highest i was on 120. Remember when i just started being on it, i was started at 40mg's. But i did have a baad oxy addiction. What started off legal and prescribed officially by a doc with goverments permission turned into severly illegal oxycontin use. I agree than oxycontin is 1 of the most addictive substances on this planet. Anyhow , i got slightly sidetracked :) methadone is addictive too , but oxycontin is something evil that once u have felt its euphoric properties once , it sort of tattoos a mark in our brain that no matter how badly we may want to get rid of it , we will still be urging it even if there is no pain, no fear, no matter what. I know myself that if i wont have at least 1 in my safe i feel like i need to have it . by that i dont mean to take 400mgs in 1 nostril in 1 big blow, but i mean psychologically knowing that u have it and that seems to satisfy this evil , eaily obsessive human mind of ours...

U KNOW WHAT I MEAN ? :)

PS/ i increased methadone due to seize in fentanyl use , thanks to Australias RETARTED Health Departments Poisons ACT. where only 1 doc is allowed to hold a permit to prescribe SCHEDULE 8 substances. But its not in any of our power to change , no matter how hard we would try. Laws are there, so we try to break em, where possible ;p

SOZ bout lengthy post... hope its not 2 boring...

"-==BE SAFE, AND SAFER WE BE==-"

(iPVidual)

I take methadone for pain, I feel that the same dose don't do the same affect... i take methadone for 4 years.... a few months ago I was on morphine and switch back to methadone.... I'm thinking about switch again to morphine... thanks for the help!

Methadone dose.

I take anywhere from 80-140mg of oxys a day, What would a good dose be for me, to not only get rid of withdrawls, but to get a nice high from it?

Methadone questions

I've been on methadone for 8 yrs. @ 99mg. Stopped all other drug use, don't drink. question is: methadone fills up the opioid receptors some say at 50 to 80 mgs. Is the ceiling 80 mgs & can I drop to it with out bad effects?

I've been on methadone for 8 yrs. @ 99mg. Stopped all other drug use, don't drink. question is: methadone fills up the opioid receptors some say at 50 to 80 mgs. Is the ceiling 80 mgs & can I drop to it with out bad effects?

I've always read that its a good idea to drop 5mgs at a time and see how you feel and then in a few days drop another 5mgs and so and so on..

well at one point I was given a script for methadone pills but the Dr. set me at 90 mg. & I didn't notice a difference, so I was wondering if there is a ceiling to how much methadone your body can even accept. I have tried increasing the mg & nothing happened so I assumed maybe I could drop a lot before doing the 5 mg

i've detoxed from methadone by 5 mil every other day and couldn't really feel it til i got below 40
but YMMV
methadone w/d even from .5 mil SUCKS

were you at the point that you couldn't feel anything else? more methadone, or any thing??how high was you mg??

Status
Not open for further replies.