• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a Methadone Mega Thread that I'm going to merge this into.

You've already gotten some feedback, but I'll still leave a link so you won't come back in a few days being like "where did it go?"

I hope you've figured out what you needed to.

Merged.

Hell when I started methadone I had been taking tylox & H (usually followed by coke) I agree it is very dangerous to play with, I did have a nice warm fuzzy feeling when I first started but nothing like oxycodone, hydrocodone or good old blk tar H. I gave my wife a 1/4 ml of liquid methadone & it took away the pain & made her happy. she doesn't use narcotics at all. (it was about 5mg

I take anywhere from 80-140mg of oxys a day, What would a good dose be for me, to not only get rid of withdrawls, but to get a nice high from it?

I take about 180mgs of Morphine and 50mgs of oxy a day and 30mgs of Done keeps me high all day. 40mg of done has me flying all day

Can you help with a taper schedule

I have a friend that has been trying to kick a herion addiction with no avail.
He has been trying to kick it with methadone, I have tried to help him but I'm not all that experienced with Methadone.
His dose is 1 gram of tar per shot. I'm not sure if he does a shot per day or 2 shots a day but I do know his dose is 1 gram per shot.
Now he can get as many 10mg dones as he wants so thats not a problem, I just need to get a schedule made so he can follow it and hopefully it will help him. he needs to get clean as soon as possible so he can get back to work.
So, does anyone know how to make a schedule so he can taper off using Methadone.
I tried to get him to use subs like I'm going to do but he wants to do methadone.
So if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

^ Find a proper dose of methadone first of all. I would do this first by waiting until he was in withdrawal and give him 20-30mg of methadone. Methadone is a very potent opiate and is not to be understimated. Hell, it caused two overdoses for me and put me in a coma despite having a tolerance of 100mg a day. But it was solely because I told myself, "that can't happen to me." It can happen and will, especially when you combine multiple CNS depressants so make sure he doesn't take any benzos or drink.

To find a proper dose, take around 20-30mg since he has a fairly large tolerance, but no one can tell you for sure how much he will need because no one knows how pure the dope is and how he will react to methadone. Dose the methadone then wait 2-3 hours and redose. If he feels extremely sick still then take another 20mg, but if he feels a little better then tell him to take another 10mg. Repeat this as many times as possible and always wait several hours before redosing. That is how methadone kills more people than heroin.

The proper dose should get rid of cravings for him, but try and keep the dose as low as possible, but also make sure that he is comfortable and not high. Methadone is a horrible drug to get high on and he shouldn't want to if he truly wants to quit. After the proper dose is found, gradually reduce the dose over a long period of time. This may be several weeks to several months. Reduce 5-10mg every week or maybe even less if he can get by with doing that.

I assume that he is buying off the street and I understand why some people choose to do that, but it may be a good idea for your friend to look into a methadone clinic detox. That way he will be monitored properly instead of self medicating. Plus he wouldn't have to worry about overdosing as much as using illicit methadone and would avoid going to jail. Methadone clinics can range anywhere from hundreds of dollars to 50 dollars. So if your friend lives near one, then I suggest him going there to taper. It could end up being a lot cheaper and so much safer. In fact, I would go that method if I was shooting up that much tar.

If you need help finding a methadone clinic in your area, I will be happy to help you and your friend. I want people to get off that shit. I know how it is and I just recently relapsed. I have gone through methadone withdrawals twice, each time was cold turkey and it was horrible. The withdrawals lasted 2 weeks physically and I didn't feel anywhere psychological stable until 6 months. Your friend can handle it though if he tapers properly.

In short, tell your friend to go to a clinic where it will be legal, more than likely cheaper, safer, and easier on him. That's my harm reduction answer.

Ok thanks wiggi, There is a done clinic I think about 10 minutes from his house. I asked him about this and he dosen't want to do a clinic. But I will try again tomorrow when I see him. I know he told me about a week ago that he took 50mgs and it took away his sickness. But the problem is he dosen't listen to me and drop his dose.
I will show him this post and maybe that will help him in his decision to go to a clinic.
Anyway thanks for the advise.
Also I will see if I can get him to come sign up here so he can learn more info on it and know he's not alone

Hey, i wanted to ask this specifically because i know methadone is nothing to fuck around with: the bottle of methadone's writing is illegible so i dont' know the specifics of the stuff i have, it is red (supposedly "cherry flavored") and part of the uncrossed out writing does talk about the clinic it's from so i know it's legit.

Nonetheless, all i really need to know the strength (per ml, or however i should measure it) so i know how to measure out 10mg; what i've heard is a good starting dose.

Is there anywhere i could find this specific information? and is this just stupid, or are the colors/strengths consistent?

-Thanks for any help

I took 20mg of methadone, in pillform, about 2 hours ago. Ain't feeling much effect. I have no tolerance to methadone, and its my first time using it. About three days ago i took about 250mg of oxycontin, does this somehow block the methadone or what? Should i just wait and hope for something to happen or take more?

I read 10mg is a big dose for someone with no tolerance, although im a big guy, almost 200lb.

Is the effects just real slow when taking it oral or what's up?

Peace

Edit: It's Methadone 10mg recip

Last edited:
Ok, i took 15mg's more last night. So 35mg all in all. Did get a slight buzz before i fell asleep. When i woke up this morning i ate another 20mg.

Why aren't i getting this euphoria all the people are talking about? Im not even feeling like im on an opiate/opioid. I have 60mgs left, should i take the lot of it or what? Getting quite annoyed with the fact that im not HIGH! :X

Again its methadone pills recip. Dont know the difference since its my first experience.

Any quick answers would be greatly appreciated, because im about to eat a whole lot soon if nothing happens.

Peace

Rearnakedchoke it doesnt work the way you are thinking. You seem to have a relatively high tolerance for oxy is 250mg an average dose for you? I'm not sure how much you have left but you want to be careful redosing. Given your tolerance you could have started off at 40-60mg of methadone and that probably would have done the trick. but you only want to add 5mg every 4 hours or so if you are going to up your dose till you find the right amount for you, just becareful.

How long does methadone take to kick in?

How long does it take for 10-mg methadone's to kick in? Also how does it compare to say a bag of heroin? I am new to this forum stuff so i don't even know if I'm asking in the rite place or if I'm asking the rite question. I am no stranger to opiates but i have never tried methadone in the ten years i've been using opiates. I have a good tolerance and i know that this stuff last a while so i don't want to over do it. Can anyone help.

well when i went to rehab i had cut down to about a gram a day habit of heroin from smoking things like quarters and eighths in a day previous, i had not been on meth when i went to rehab and they started me on 40ml , i got a good buzz about 30 mins after taking it fir the first week , but for say the first 2 - 3 days i did have baby rattles for a few hours before it came to medication time, after that they would drop you by 4ml every 3 days and i didnt feel a thing for the rest of my detox which was a 28 day detox in total.

i hope this has helped you

Not long to start feeling them... In fact, when I was taking methadone, I'd start to feel it within 15 min, and start to get to the 'leveled out' high around 30-45 min.

It's hard to compare to H... It's not like oxy or any of the opiates really; it has its own feel that I thought was pretty strange.

Thanks for the help. I was really wondering what to compare it to? I have done all manner of opiates and was wondering how strong 1 10 mg is compared to anything else. Like a 30-mg roxy or a 80-mg oxy or even 10-mg Percocet?

Well i mean like strength wise. I just don't want to over do it even though i have done a lot of opiates. I always try to be careful. And will it really keep u high for 24 hours or will u just not feel like crap for 24 hours? Like say i take it at 7pm and it gets me high will i be that high until 7pm the next day.

O.k. i think i got the answers i need. Thanks a lot for the help. And thanks for helping a forum newbie. This is a really good resource.

I can't feel anything from methadone until an hour after, after which it peaks at hour 2...

^Hmm... I was on MMT at the time, so maybe my sensitivity was a bit high to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.