• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the link below; this isn't a "guess", it's a hypothesis backed up by historical facts, basic chemistry and reading [free] white papers going back to the '60s.

I can definitely see that it wasnt a guess, and thank you for finding all this stuff to post. And because you took the time to post it, I actually read it all.(well, not quite all, the history lesson about ?holland? got old fast...But I did read all the pertinent content..and it WAS pretty interesting how all those chemicals influence the availability of H... I wonder what chems affect the avail of Methadone ...j/k)

He must be on to me; I make up about 90% of what I post <3:)
Now I really feel like an ass, 'specially after you posted all that stuff for me to read. Sorry Tchort

I should have been more ?discrete? ?sensitive? i dunno, but you know, druggies have more myths and rumors than a bunch of old wives, and Ive read more than a few posts on here that potentiate some ridiculous myths (cant think of them right now), and I DID read thru a thread about smoking OXies awhile back. The thread i read thru didnt have any hard evidence like you provided up there /\ , it was just an argument back and forth, and it was that thread I was thinking of when I asked if you were guessing....sorry again plus I didnt notice you were a Mod until Unknown made that comment . If I had, Id have given you a little more respect

In short: Don't chase Methadone.

Maybe one day I'll be smart enough to accept simple advice like that. Hasnt happened yet tho....Thanks again Tchort

Ok before I read everyones little hints and tips I am going to tell you what works based one EXPERIENCE not text book. I dose 55mg methadone every day for maintenance. I have a huge tolerance and well 55 doesnt do the trick. If there is a day I want to get high here is what I do. One hour before dosing I take about 90-120mgs dextromethorphan hbr in the form of coriciden cc(seems to work the best), and this is key. The dxm is the most important ingredient in potentiating your methadone and keeping your tolerance down. After the dxm I ingest 100 mg of hydroxyzine pamoate. This is one of the best potentiators as far as antihistamines go. Next two tabs of generic cimetidine. This is an inhibitor of cyp3a4. 3a4 is a liver enzyme that breaks down opiates especially methadone. And if you dont have quinine or anti fungals use generic tagamet. People say use grapejuice which in theory would work because of its enzyme inhibition. BUT!!! GFJ is super HIGH in vitamin C which speeds up the elimination of your precious opiod like your liver had a flux capacitor attached to it. Ok when you start to feel the dxm swimming in your head go drink your meth. Immediately go to the nearest joint and have a nice cup of joe. Caffeine helps stimulate euphoria and keep you from sleeping through your high (the hydroxyzine will put you to sleep). After you finish your coffee throw a couple benzos under your tongue. Thats what I do. I usually choose clonazepam although Ill use alprazolam on occasion. Diazepam and Chlordiazepoxide are wonderful benzodiazepines to mix with methadone. But so is clonazepam. The only problem is if you arent experienced in benzos clonazepam and alprazolam are over kill.. Youll be on the carpet with a heath ledger bobble head if your not experienced. Ok so that is my recipe and you should feel like you did a few good bags of dope for the rest of the day. There is one more way to completely potentiate the living shit out of the methadone. Do everything the same except on the night before you dose have a dxm trip. Preferabally a 2nd plateau trip. The shittier you feel in the morning from your dxm hangover, the harder that juice is going to hit you. Go to erowid and read the dxm faq by william white on how to trip on dxm. I suggest you have some drum and bass near by and some beer and benzos for come down. Unless you want to go to your clinic looking like you just smoked crack.. But basically it comes down to a nice trip off of dxm, and the next day your a basically an opiod infant. Your brain feels anew and when you drink that juice youll be like woa ho ho oh o k. Youll see and then youll remember sp0r ;P
Just be careful k
One more thing methadone blocks the hell out of most opiates, but recently i snorted a 15mg roxy (oxycodone IR) and was high as fuck. What was up with that. I tried it again this morning and same thing.
anyways its 12:30 and Ive eaten about 30 mgs of clonazepam and 8mgs of alprazolam and I gotta get some sleep so i can go dose tomorrow. Oh one more thing soma is one hell of a potentiator too.. But make sure someone is with you because you might end up in cuffs.
Soma + Methadone = holy shit. Plus the next day youll have the shakes.

ez
sp0r
see me on irc undernet #smack sometimes as sp0r.

Taking methadone after oxy?

Alright before I get flamed I did search for this and couldn't find anything, so sorry if there was a thread about this hidden somewhere.

Anyway, I've been an opiate user for two years and have a decent tolerance, it usually takes 30 to 40 mg of methadone to get me good, though it doesn't really fuck me up. I've been lurking here for a while but never had a question that I couldn't find by searching until now.

I took 15 mg of Roxicodone at about 12PM today, and another 15mg at around 4:30 PM. Now all my roxy connects are dry for the night and I really don't wanna spend the night going into wd's and feeling shitty, so I'm picking up four 10mg methadone pills and am thinking of taking them at around 8PM.

My question is, will the methadone become more dangerous or more potent because of the Roxicodone I took earlier? I don't feel any high off the roxi anymore and I really want to take 30 or 40 mg's of methadone tonight but don't want to risk ODing because of the roxicodone still in my system. Would it be a bad idea to take the methadone before I actually start WDing from the roxi's? Or would it not matter?

Any helpful answer would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

You should have read OD posting standards. These kinds of questions aren't meant for OD.

You should have posted in the Methadone Mega Thread, or the Oxy Mega Thread, or in BDD, not OD.

Thank you.

Methadone Dosing Question

I am currently trying to quit opiates for good and want to taper with methadone. However, before I do that, I want to have just one last night of fun with opiates (I know everyone always says that). Anyways, the methadones I have are 10mg. What is a safe dose for me if I use half a balloon (balloon=.1) of tar in one dose? And keep in mind that gets me nodding. Also, is it true that you don't feel the effects of methadone until like 6 hrs after administration? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Try 20mg, be careful with methadone, it's very dangerous shit. I've overdosed twice from it.

I could feel some effects from methadone about an hour and a half or so after taking it, but it takes 3-4 hours to come on fully in my experience.

takes 2 hrs to kick in for me, you might feel something after 1.5hrs. id say 15-20mgs is equal to around a half point (50mg) of tar.

Using Methadone to taper means you aren't going to go through induction. The first dose of done you take will be low. If you're only using half a point per shot, you probably won't need more than 10-15mg to start with.

The first time I went to an MMT clinic, after being without Heroin for 2 days and extremely ill, it took almost 3 hours before I felt relief. It takes 1-3 hours for the dose to reach peak plasma concentration- it takes 30-90 minutes for it to begin coming on. Depending on how sick you are, your tolerance, and the dose of Methadone, you may not feel anything for a couple hours. Generally, it takes 30-90 minutes after a dose to start feeling it.

How much Methadone do you have total? Generally, a 3 week taper is considered the 'gold standard' for detoxing Heroin addicts (according to the PDR & AMA). Considering how little Heroin you are using it can probably be done much sooner without additional discomfort.

Using Methadone to taper means you aren't going to go through induction. The first dose of done you take will be low. If you're only using half a point per shot, you probably won't need more than 10-15mg to start with.

The first time I went to an MMT clinic, after being without Heroin for 2 days and extremely ill, it took almost 3 hours before I felt relief. It takes 1-3 hours for the dose to reach peak plasma concentration- it takes 30-90 minutes for it to begin coming on. Depending on how sick you are, your tolerance, and the dose of Methadone, you may not feel anything for a couple hours. Generally, it takes 30-90 minutes after a dose to start feeling it.

How much Methadone do you have total? Generally, a 3 week taper is considered the 'gold standard' for detoxing Heroin addicts (according to the PDR & AMA). Considering how little Heroin you are using it can probably be done much sooner without additional discomfort.

Thx for advice. I have about 15 of these. So 10 mg is the dose for non-tolerant people to get a good high? I'm just making sure because I don't wanna OD if I just pop one. I've never taken methadone before so I don't know if there is a lack of cross tolerance or what.

Damn, I didn't even read where you said you were going to taper, follow Tchort's advice.

I'm going to merge into the Methadone mega thread.

Stop making your own thread without reading the directory, mega threads, etc.

Thanks

It seems everyone underestimates Texas tar or something because 10-15mg was way less than my tolerance called for. I know tolerance all depends on the person, but everyone acts like a balloon of H a day is nothing, but I needed about 40 mg of methadone just to get me nodding. I was so scared of ODing I took 50 mg spread throughout the day and never really got fucked up, so I am kind of upset. I guess tomorrow I'll try taking more at once.

Take 5-10 10mg Meth pills (based on your tolerance) and 1-3 Catapres 0.3mg Tablets. One of the best highs you will have.

No one follow this. Unless you are a very tolerant opioid dependant person, this will almost certainly kill you.

It seems everyone underestimates Texas tar or something because 10-15mg was way less than my tolerance called for. I know tolerance all depends on the person, but everyone acts like a balloon of H a day is nothing, but I needed about 40 mg of methadone just to get me nodding. I was so scared of ODing I took 50 mg spread throughout the day and never really got fucked up, so I am kind of upset. I guess tomorrow I'll try taking more at once.

You wanted to know about using Methadone to taper down to detox off of a 1 balloon a day habit. You weren't asking how to get high with Methadone.

For people who are going into Methadone Maintanence, you start at 20mg, 30mg or 40mg, and go up in 5mg or 10mg increments to the 80-120mg range (on average). To stop all withdrawal symptoms, prevent cravings, and provide high enough cross-tolerance to prevent other opioids from causing euphoria.

For people who are using Methadone to taper and detox from an opioid habit, you do not want to be 100% comfortable and nodding- Even with the first dose. A Methadone detox taper is supposed to last 9-21 days depending on the habit and the person.

The first day the addict needs to start small and increase the dose by 5mg every 2 hours until they feel almost normal: not nodding, not high, not sedated.

Then on the second day, take the total dose from the day before either all at once or in two doses (half in the morning half at night). Then starting on day 3 start reducing the dosage incrementally. When one starts to reduce the daily dosage, in the beginning of the taper you generally reduce by larger amounts. As you get closer to the end of the taper the amount you are reducing the dosage by will get smaller and smaller.

Sample taper w/ 150mg Methadone total:

-Day 1: 20mg
-Day 2: 20mg
-Day 3: 15mg
-Day 4: 15mg
-Day 5: 12.5mg
-Day 6: 12.5mg
-Day 7: 10mg
-Day 8: 10mg
-Day 9: 7.5mg
-Day 10: 7.5mg
-Day 11: 5mg
-Day 12: 5mg
-Day 13: 5mg
-Day 14: 2.5mg
-Day 15: 2.5mg

Don't be so wreckless; re-dosing with high doses of Methadone is how people die. It happens very, very often. Many people on this forum and in this thread have OD'd from doing what you say you are doing to do- take more Methadone than you need one day, then the next day take more.

Methadone has a very long half-life. That means that a big percentage of the Methadone you take today is still going to be in your system tomorrow. Taking another large dose could easily put you over the edge.

I posted a story in DiTM a month or two ago about a guy who lied about how much Heroin he was using in an MMT dispensing rehab facility in the UK. He received 90mg Methadone over the course of a day and a half (which is basically what you are proposing to do): the nurses found him dead the next morning.

Just wanted to say the mmt programs here in the netherlands have switched from liquid to pills , 5 10 and 20 mg pills (not wafers)

the 20 mg pills look surprisingly much like oxycodone pills (green) and don't gel up only thing that surprises me is that i have been taking them as prescribed

just wanted to say this is a good development and curios if other BL'er are familair with these high dosage methadone pills

Okay ive searched for and haven't found an answer to a couple questions that I have...bare with me im total noob to the whole methadone maintenance thing. My first question is, if i was to get on methadone maintenance, would I pay more for a higher dose and less for a lower dose or is it all basically the same (i'm talking about getting it through a clinic, not off the street)? My second question is in the states is methadone for maintenance always in liquid form? And I also have a little bit more random thing which is really just a personal observation: I've used methadone recreationally in pill form and in liquid form, and it may just sound dumb but it seemed to me that the pill form was stronger mg for mg? I hope these questions are allowed i really have no clue and dont care to find out, sry! :\

Okay ive searched for and haven't found an answer to a couple questions that I have...bare with me im total noob to the whole methadone maintenance thing. My first question is, if i was to get on methadone maintenance, would I pay more for a higher dose and less for a lower dose or is it all basically the same (i'm talking about getting it through a clinic, not off the street)? My second question is in the states is methadone for maintenance always in liquid form? And I also have a little bit more random thing which is really just a personal observation: I've used methadone recreationally in pill form and in liquid form, and it may just sound dumb but it seemed to me that the pill form was stronger mg for mg? I hope these questions are allowed i really have no clue and dont care to find out, sry! :\

-No, the cost of MMT is the same regardless of your individual dose. A person taking 1mg a day pays the same as someone taking 500mg a day.

-In the US, clinics administer one of 3 products:

1) Methadose Concentrated Oral Solution (Red colored cherry flavored liquid, 10mg Methadone/1 ml).

2) Sugar Free Methadose Concentrated Oral Solution (Same as above, no dyes or sugars, very few inactive ingredients)

3) Methadone dispersable wafers. 40mg per tablet.

Some clinics offer a choice; but generally most clinics only offer the red liquid. The sugar-free, dye-free version of the syrup is rarely used and seems to only be available if you have an allergy to dye, or are diabetic. I've never heard of a clinic dispensing only the sugar-free, dye-free version (mainly because it is safer to inject than the red syrup and they don't want to send the 'wrong message').

Any difference in effect felt from one Methadone product to another is placebo or environmental. An oral, instant release (i.e. not an extended release) formulation of Methadone will be the same no matter whether it is a tablet, gelcap, capsule, elixir, syrup, etc. The liquid forms may come on slightly faster as pills need to be broken down; but thats it.

exactly.

also there are the 10mg pills. if you are prescribed methadone by your regular doc you will most likely get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.