• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methadone is Evil Incarnate. It can kill you like 30 different ways, and if your sad enough to get stuck on maintenance like me (only 55mg because 6 years ago i was on 85, and I must say the withdrawl when they kicked me off for taking benzos was the worst form of torture I can imagine). I have a love hate relationship with opiates. They feel so fucking good but they killed so many of my friends and they ruined my life. I dont know what to say about them. If you are able to put long periods of clean time together that shows you might be one of the lucky 1% that could actually stay of opiods for life. You should try it. Chances are you wont tho so Ill give you honest answer. I lived in a halfway house for a while and was clean for like 2 months. I ate a 40mg methadone wafer and was high for almost two days.. The good thing about having 5 10's is you can take 30mg's wait 2 hours, see how you feel if you need another take it.

Good luck
PS- Dxm really kicks in methadone.

Its always a good idea to wait more than 2 hours to see where you're at with methadone, I recommend 3-4 hours before redosing. Also, liquidice, you need to remember that methadone is not even remotely close to heroin in terms of euphoria, and to not try to chase that high too hard - thats one of the 30 ways, like spor mentioned, that methadone can kill yo' ass.
I say 20mg, wait a bit, then redose if necessary.

This is mainly geared to the 1mg comment and some other things I have read throughout the forums.. Is it just me or are addicts becomming more and more pussies? Or maybe it is that pussies shouldnt be doing hard fucking drugs. LISTEN KIDS, if your not a junkie with no sense of self worth and no desire to ruin your families lives along with yours, PUT DOWN THE FUCKING hard drugs and go buy some goddamn weed and roll a blunt and maybe on a daring daring saturday night drink half a six pack. When are you younger people going to understand that us older opiate addicts are completely fucking miserable and that we are ALL (no matter how strong) playing a game that cant be won. Sorry for being blunt but you need to fucking listen before you become a black hole destroying everything around you, you lose your labido, and your biggest decision in life is buprenorphine or methadone. Serious go get some pussy and put down the methadone.

Later,
sp0r

Methadone is one of my favorite opioids beacuse its so sedating and long lasting, although a little more synthethic feeling (more uppy) than morphine which to me is the ultimate in terms as sedation goes.

When I had a 10mg fentanyl smoked a day tolerence 10mg-15mg was enough to take away withdrawls, 20mg-30mg was enough to make me nod so hard that I would be throwing up just like in the old days as a newbie and nodding to the point of concern and danger (noding out with cigarette in my hand, buring my boxers very close to my dick even not to mention the rest of my shirt, pants, chair, floor, etc). I liked methadone so much that I got my clinic doctor to raise the dose in no more than 2-3 months to 205mg/day. It came time that 205mg/day was just *enough* to nod out on if I wanted to and focused on it or took a little bit of clonazepam and clonidine to potentate it (weed always helps too). However it was something that if I really wanted I could ignore the effects although like I said I always felt satisfied on 205mg, but if I wanted to get fucked up like I did when I was nodding on 20mg-30mg at the begining of the program I would take anywhere from 2x to 3x my dose of 205mg, along with 2x-3x my dose of clonazepam (4mg/day), a clonidine or two in the mix and smoked weed.

One time on a triple dose and an insane amount of clonazepam 5x-6x the dose (spaced out along with the methadone over 4-5hrs), I felt that I still wanted/needed more to get fucked up.

Tolerece builds quick to methadone espcially if you start doing what I and many other people at the clinic were doing (either selling the methadone or saving it, taking less one day and more another to get high).

I have to say I didn't think methadone would be so strong mg per mg. I feel that 20mg of methadone (for a non tolerant person) is about 40mg-45mg, even 50mg IR oxycodone to a non tolerant person).

105 mg methadone cold turkey ?

Hello peepz, I just got locked up for crashing my car, therefore they gave me no methadone in jail. So 3 days later when i got out, My mom said that the only way i could come home was to get off methadone , cold turkey. Now im on a daily dose of 105 mg. Its been about 6 days now with NO meth and i am feeling a lil better. I still hurt and can barely stomach any food. and bowel movements are ridiculous.

So, do you think I can make it and if so, how long will this agony last. I dont want to lie to my mom when she so kindly took me back in. I need to stay clean for now. But its so tempting to get the juice at my clinic.

Im scared but ive made it this far and want to prove to myself and mom that im strong. But not sleeping and not eating is driving me nuts.

Thank you

Hello peepz, I just got locked up for crashing my car, therefore they gave me no methadone in jail. So 3 days later when i got out, My mom said that the only way i could come home was to get off methadone , cold turkey. Now im on a daily dose of 105 mg. Its been about 6 days now with NO meth and i am feeling a lil better. I still hurt and can barely stomach any food. and bowel movements are ridiculous.

So, do you think I can make it and if so, how long will this agony last. I dont want to lie to my mom when she so kindly took me back in. I need to stay clean for now. But its so tempting to get the juice at my clinic.

Im scared but ive made it this far and want to prove to myself and mom that im strong. But not sleeping and not eating is driving me nuts.

Thank you

You need to do right for you, regardless of what anyone thinks. Why were you locked up? Were you abusing your take homes?

If MMT is benefitting you, are you ready to quit so suddenly? Are you able to access your drug of choice? Does your mother know that forcing you off of treatment prematurely could very easily result in you having a relapse?

I am at 80 mgs of methadone after a little over a week on the program. I cant up my dose today. I have a counselor appointment tomorrow. I don't feel 80mg is enough. I had a bad habit of shooting about 20 30mgs blues a day for about 5 years. Sometimes more than 20 pills. Is my tolerance the problem. will my counselor up my dose tomorrow? I don't think I will make it today. I think my craving will win today because I feel discouraged. I rather die than give in to the needle. I am trying to be strong. I am hoping the counselor helps...i also hope i make it.

i hate and love methadone
i would say start off w/ 10 mg.
if you have an opiate addiction, it obviously depends on the amount you take daily.
please be careful, not infamous

=XXX

I love being on methadone it does wonders for my depression and anxiety, My clinic allows me to be on xanax because my pysch prescribed it for me and I have not felt this good in so long. God bless methadone.

Oliphil: Ok, thanks guys. Gonna get some Paramol tomorow, CWE about 200 - 300 mg and hope that it will sort me out for the day.

This guy didnt wanna hear that he was gonna be ok....he wanted to get that paramol whatever that is, i assume its a opiate....

I'm on methadone for pain (switched from oxy about 8 months ago) and I can tell you for sure he'd be fine for 2 days. Maybe just startin to get hairy around the edges, but a committed cleaner-upper would be fine

OK, Ive got a question that I think belongs here in the Methadone Mega Thread. Ive searched all over bluelight and found very little.

What about smoking methadone? I found 2 posts claiming to have had success with it, but no details. So, I tried it yesterday. Chopped up a 10mg and chased it on foil. Although there wasnt much chasing going on, it doesnt melt like crack, just sits there and smokes and turns dark. There was some smoke, and some invisible vapor that burned like hell, but I think Im on track because the taste was on my tongue. Ive chewed my tabs before and the meth has a certain taste, almost makes my tongue numb, and the taste was there.

Why smoke it right? Well, at the start of this thread Im pretty sure the Mod said oral boiavailability was between 40% and 80%. 40 is an awful low number.

Does anyone know anything about smoking it? Would it bring that 40% up?

Last edited:
This guy didnt wanna hear that he was gonna be ok....he wanted to get that paramol whatever that is, i assume its a opiate....

I'm on methadone for pain (switched from oxy about 8 months ago) and I can tell you for sure he'd be fine for 2 days. Maybe just startin to get hairy around the edges, but a committed cleaner-upper would be fine

OK, Ive got a question that I think belongs here in the Methadone Mega Thread. Ive searched all over bluelight and found very little.

What about smoking methadone? I found 2 posts claiming to have had success with it, but no details. So, I tried it yesterday. Chopped up a 10mg and chased it on foil. Although there wasnt much chasing going on, it doesnt melt like crack, just sits there and smokes and turns dark. There was some smoke, and some invisible vapor that burned like hell, but I think Im on track because the taste was on my tongue. Ive chewed my tabs before and the meth has a certain taste, almost makes my tongue numb, and the taste was there.

Why smoke it right? Well, at the start of this thread Im pretty sure the Mod said oral boiavailability was between 40% and 80%. 40 is an awful low number.

Does anyone know anything about smoking it? Would it bring that 40% up?

Methadone oral BA is like 80-90% ;) But, I don't like going by BA since it lacks any description of speed of onset, etc.

Chasing Methadone is probably pointless. The amount of Methadone available to be absorbed from chasing a tablet is probably very low. There is a thread about chasing Oxycodone, basically everything in it will be accurate to Methadone (just replace 'Oxycodone' with 'Methadone' in your head).

Methadone oral BA is like 80-90% ;) But, I don't like going by BA since it lacks any description of speed of onset, etc.

Chasing Methadone is probably pointless. The amount of Methadone available to be absorbed from chasing a tablet is probably very low. There is a thread about chasing Oxycodone, basically everything in it will be accurate to Methadone (just replace 'Oxycodone' with 'Methadone' in your head).

Are you just guessing? you said "Probably" which indicates to me that youre guessing. Do you have a basis for your statement? Methadone and Oxycodone have absolutely nothing in common....8(

Im not saying that youre wrong...I dont know either way. But i dont want to take your advice if youre just guessing...

^^^
LOL, I wouldn't of said that to tchort.

First, oxycodone and methadone DO have something in common. They are both mu opioid agonists.

Second, Chasing methadone, im guessing, means to increase absorption and BA of the drug. Methadone has a high volume of distribution, meaning that even IF the drug absorbed quicker, it would still acheve the same peak plasma levels, and same speed of onset as oral, IV, IM, rectal, nasal, sublingual, transdermal, buccial, etc.

^ More important than their similarities a mu agonists would be similarities in their physical properties like melting and vaporization points. It is pointless though, because smoking methadone (as with 99.9% of all pills) is entirely pointless and disgusting.

OK, Ive Does anyone know anything about smoking it? Would it bring that 40% up?
Like its already been mentioned, its higher than 40%. Smoking it won't bring it anywhere but down. And its very unhealthy.

First, oxycodone and methadone DO have something in common. They are both mu opioid agonists.

I stand corrected. I should learn more of the technicals, like which opies bind to which receptors and so on. Might keep me from saying something stupid again. They are prolly more alike than they are different. I think I heard somewhere that methadone is an opiate blocker...If so would that make it an antagonist for that receptor?

Second, Chasing methadone, im guessing, means to increase absorption and BA of the drug.
Methadone has a high volume of distribution, meaning that even IF the drug absorbed quicker, it would still acheve the same peak plasma levels, and same speed of onset as oral, IV, IM, rectal, nasal, sublingual, transdermal, buccial, etc.

That is the kind of information I was asking for, although I dont understand why you wouldnt get high faster if it absorbed faster. And yes, the Idea is to try to speed up the onset. It works with cocaine, which I realize that doesnt mean It will work with just anything. Works with fentanyl too from what Ive heard.

I think I understand why it doesnt work with Oxycodone, because the oral bioavailability is so high (90% i heard). Which means that if you swallow 100mg, then 90mg makes it to your bloodstream, right?

And I thought the MOD said at the beginning of the post that the availability of methadone was maybe as low as 40%

And I didnt mean to offend anyone, I was just asking for input from people who KNOW about smoking methadone whether from experience or from study.

Im gonna chase down that post I saw....i think it was posted by a mod..

Thanks everyone and sorry if I offended you, it wasnt intentional

I stand corrected. I should learn more of the technicals, like which opies bind to which receptors and so on. Might keep me from saying something stupid again. They are prolly more alike than they are different. I think I heard somewhere that methadone is an opiate blocker...If so would that make it an antagonist for that receptor?

That is the kind of information I was asking for, although I dont understand why you wouldnt get high faster if it absorbed faster. And yes, the Idea is to try to speed up the onset. It works with cocaine, which I realize that doesnt mean It will work with just anything. Works with fentanyl too from what Ive heard.

I think I understand why it doesnt work with Oxycodone, because the oral bioavailability is so high (90% i heard). Which means that if you swallow 100mg, then 90mg makes it to your bloodstream, right?

And I thought the MOD said at the beginning of the post that the availability of methadone was maybe as low as 40%

And I didnt mean to offend anyone, I was just asking for input from people who KNOW about smoking methadone whether from experience or from study.

Im gonna chase down that post I saw....i think it was posted by a mod..

Thanks everyone and sorry if I offended you, it wasnt intentional

Even if methadone is instantly absorbed, it absorbed into the fat. It gets transferred from there to the blood stream. This is why onset is the same across the board.

When you swallow 100mg of methadone, you consumed 100mg of methadone. The bioavailability is different by the user, but it is average around ~90%.

^^^
LOL, I wouldn't of said that to tchort.

He must be on to me; I make up about 90% of what I post <3:)

Are you just guessing? you said "Probably" which indicates to me that youre guessing. Do you have a basis for your statement? Methadone and Oxycodone have absolutely nothing in common....

Im not saying that youre wrong...I dont know either way. But i dont want to take your advice if youre just guessing...

Look at the link below; this isn't a "guess", it's a hypothesis backed up by historical facts, basic chemistry and reading [free] white papers going back to the '60s.

Smoking & Chasing Opioids: General Information:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=436379&highlight=guide+chasing+opioids+heroin

A thread on the pro's con's and health risks of smoking or chasing Oxycodone:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=423389&highlight=guide+chasing+opioids+heroin

Refer to what Unknown says:

Second, Chasing methadone, im guessing, means to increase absorption and BA of the drug. Methadone has a high volume of distribution, meaning that even IF the drug absorbed quicker, it would still acheve the same peak plasma levels, and same speed of onset as oral, IV, IM, rectal, nasal, sublingual, transdermal, buccial, etc.

My point was that a number of full mu agonist opioids are chased; including Opium, Morphine, Heroin, Oxycodone, Fentanyl. Most likely any mu agonist can be chased or smoked; the point is that mitigating factors could make this a very, very ridiculous thing to do.

Like Unknown points out, the high volume of distribution of Methadone when it is absorbed through any route of administration makes Chasing probably the absolute worst way to consume it. Depending upon the numerous factors I listed in the Smoking & Chasing Opioids: General Information thread, such as poor technique/charring, using a crushed pill or an extracted/purified product, using volatilization enhancers or inhibitors, etc, even under the best of circumstances you most likely won't reap the benefits of a faster onset. Instead, you will still have to wait for effects to come up, but because Chasing (even with optimal drugs, experience and expert technique) almost always lowers the BioAvailibility of opioids, you'd be wasting a lot of Methadone for nothing.

The reason for Chasing is faster onset, which makes the chemical feel stronger. The downside is less of that chemical is available to be absorbed by the body, thats the trade off. If you do not get the faster onset, and you lose some of the substance that would have been absorbed via a different route of administration, it's a lose-lose situation.

There is even a lot of debate about IV Methadone (which by default has a 100% Bio-Availibility and the fastest onset possible). Some people say they get a rush and it is faster than swallowing it or plugging it (fully kicks in after 10-20 minutes instead of 30-90 minutes). The consensus though is that even taken intravenously, Methadone acts almost the same (in regards to speed of onset, potency, etc) as it does when taken orally.

In short: Don't chase Methadone.

I must say, I UTFSE but couldnt find the answer I was looking for... OK so I have been on methadone for about a year, and im curious as to how long my W/D will last. Its over two weeks now and I feel a lot better. I have been using xanax (2mg in the morning, 1mg in the afternoon, and another 2mg at night.) and Imodium to ease the W/D, untill now. I'm just taking about 10mg of diazepam in the morning and 10mg at night and I feel pretty good.

I was on 100mg a day since about month one of the program, so for the past eleven months I have been on 100mg a day. Anyway my main problems have been sleeping and with energy and hunger. I cant eat a damn thing without feeling sick, i've already lost a crap ton of weight these past two weeks. Plus like I usallly walk around a mile or two, sometimes more a day. The first week of W/D I couldnt walk but a few blocks without a break... of course, those weeks it was in the hundreds here in oklahoma, but yeah...

Yeah, also wanted to say I quit taking it cold turkey, just so you knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.