• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
70 mg of methadone at once could be a death sentence, I would start with 15 to 20mg let the oxy wear off first, then dose the methadone

It takes a hour or 2 to feel the full effects, so dont redose 20 mins later just bc you dont feel anything, when it comes with methadone, give it time.

oh rite im not familiar with that drug im afraid but 70ml of meth is pretty strong for your first dose imo but i really dont know anything about the drug you are using , do you use it every day and how frequently do you use it? are you addicted to it?

Yes... I'm definitely addicted to oxycontin. I typically dose twice per day... typically 60 mg per IV shot. I've been using oxycontin basically everyday for the last year so I definitely have quite the tolerance built up. Recently I've done shots of up to 100 mg of oxycontin, with no ill effects... just maximum feeling good.

70 mg would only be a death sentence if you're not opiate tolerant.... from what he's saying he's iv'ing oxy's at a pretty high dosage... I think you're fine but you should make your own decision. I take 100 mg of methadone every day and don't even get a buzz, granted i am opiate dependent but it sounds like he may also be

you can get a nice buzz from meth but as stated above it does take time for you to feel anything even up to 4hrs sometimes so be carefull

So would a good plan be to take 35 mg (it's in two sealed containers each containing 35 mg) wait 2 hours, if I don't feel anything, take the other 35 mg? Also, I know methadone has a half life of 24-36 hours. If I took the methadone at noon today, when would be the next "safe" time to do a shot of oxycontin.... tomorrow at noon? 24 hours later?

i wouldnt like to say how much and when to hit up again but like i said before it can take more than 2 hours to feel something, im on 90ml and sometimes i get a buzz and sometimes i dont but the time can vary for me, sometimes i get a buzz in 30 mins other times it can be a good few hours or sometimes not atoll.

they say it lasts 24hrs but i wouldnt go by that, i recently done a test on my self, where i managed to go 38hrs untill i really started to feel the need for my methadone.

Another thing is if you take one dose today and another tomorrow you will be building up a supply of methadone in your body which also causes an overdose risk .

yeah make sure not to re dose too quickly if you don't feel it right away. The onset for Methadone takes a long long time because it is such a long acting medication. Cheers and happy new year! 2010 , wow...!

I'm on a methadone clinic for heroin addiction, so I've had a lot of education and doctor's advice pertaining to methadone and the only safe way to take it is to use small doses (30 mg) every day for a week to build up in your body before you can use it at a higher dose, otherwise you can easily overdose. Methadone won't give you anywhere near the same kind of high as oc or heroin. If you're an oc user, honestly its my opinion you probably won't even like it. Be careful dude.

I hope you didn't take 70mg of methadone. Try 20-30mg to start with to be safe. My tolerance is higher and I can feel 20 or 30mg of methadone.

yeah, my clinic is a little TOO laid back. they dosed me at 60 my second day, and i got pretty fucked up! i would not have minded, but i was at work. i thought i was fine, but i heard from others that everyone thought i was on drugs!!! how funny, i am trying to get clean and NOW they think i am fucked up. they didn't seem to notice when i banged a half and came straight to work.

anyways, this amount probably, I SAID PROBABLY- wouldn't kill you, but i bet you could get away with less, and like everyone else has said- you will peak at 2 hours. so wait.

You're not going to get anything out of the methadone. It's nothing like an OC. If you shoot 50mg + of OC, it's going to be just staving off WD's really.

I've been told taking a Lortab is better than taking 20mg of methadone.

If you want to not go into WD's follow Wiggi's advice, and try 10-20mg of methadone to test the waters. Go from there.

-> Methadone Mega Thread

hi i was told to use this thread to ask methadone questions...

im on 90ml of methadone per day and have tried smoking heroin to get high and it doesnt work, how much heroin would you reckomend trying to shoot on that amount of meth?

hi i was told to use this thread to ask methadone questions...

im on 90ml of methadone per day and have tried smoking heroin to get high and it doesnt work, how much heroin would you reckomend trying to shoot on that amount of meth?

If you take 90mg (i'm assuming that is what you mean by 90ml) , you are not going to be able to get high off of heroin unless you use an un-safe amount. You'd have to do like a 2 gram shot, which would probably kill you.

I might recommend an increase in your dose because you are obviously wanting to use heroin, and if your dose was adequate, you wouldn't want to do heroin at all. Talk to your counselor about this at your clinic maybe?

Cheers

oh rite i was thinking just to try something like 0.1g lol i guess that would of done nothing to me, yeah i dont think i will be trying 2g thats defo asking for trouble.

90ml = 90mg yeah just that its in liquid form.

im titrated and dont get physical urges to use, i just miss getting wasted on heroin, ive been completely depressed over xmas. :(

thanks for your reply

hey i have a question. my urine is clean. other then benzos. and i want to join a methadone program. should i shoot before i go? or can i explain to him that i really use and i want to stop using. what should i do?

I have been on Methadone for over 5 years now and I am currently at a 65mg dose. Over the last 15 months I have been gradually tapering down from the 180mg I peaked at. Prior to MMT I was banging 0.5g of very high quality dope, 40-60mg of Hydromorphone (Purdue D4's) and 0.5-1g of Coke a day during the week (working 45 hour weeks). On weekends I would be doing as much as 1.5g of dope, 120mg of D's and a Ball of Coke a day. So as you can see I was pretty fucked up to say the least. It wasn't until I had tapped out all my credit, lost most of my good friends and was about to be avicted. That is when it really hit me to just how outta control my addiction had gotten, this is when I got my ass into MMT.

Now before I get to the point of this post, I'm gonna just say that I know I will never be able to give up using Opiates entirely, I love 'em too much! I know that I need to keep my use under control, and I will. As far as coke goes, I can take it or leave it anytime, it is not a problem for me.

About a month ago while at 70mg of done, I gave in to the urge to bang some D's. I had scored some a while before and had some stashed away. I knew the done was gonna fuck shit up somewhat but I figured I could break through it with a big enough shot. Now knowing Methadone has a 36-48 hour half-life, I suffered through almost 60 hours from my last dose before shooting up. I figured that would be plenty time. So I proceed to fix 12 D4's (48mg) figuring that would be enough to do the trick, and nothing, not a goddamn thing. I couldn't beleive that I got not even the slightest feeling at all, it fixed up the WD I was feeling, but that was it. When I was using before MMT a shot this size would of sent me to lala land most definitely. Two weeks later I decided I would try again, this time I went well over 80 hours using nothing but some Oxycodone orally to keep the WD within a tollerable range. This time I fix up a shot of 20 D4's (80mg). I thought for sure this would do the trick. Infact I didn't think I would even be able to empty the entire contents of the fit into my vein before that fucker hit me, but I did. This time I was high for about 5 minutes, but none of the awsome Dilaudid rush whatsoever that I love more then any other feeling. This was almost unbelievable to me 80 fucking mg's and pretty much nothing!

So with that said I'm not gonna bother trying again until I'm off of the Methadone entirely. Although I'm wondering how long afterwards is it gonna take for my tolerance to return to a reasonable level?

Has anybody here had a similar experience to mine as far as such a ridiculously high tolerance goes, and how long it lasted after MMT?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.