• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
People say snorting methadone is horrible. If you want to IV methadone, get micron filters. Without them it is not a good thing to IV methadone pills, or syrup. The duration may be shorter but the effect won't be less than oral.

-> Methadone Mega Thread

Im on mmt 40ml daily,if i was to oneday take 140ml do you think i would get a buzz ?

^^

that is like 3xs what you are used to taking. sounds like a effin' bad idea to me my friend. would you get a "buzz?" well i guess, but mostly it would probably just knock you out, make you sleep all day. it just sounds kind of dangerous to me.

does anyone agree?

^^

that is like 3xs what you are used to taking. sounds like a effin' bad idea to me my friend. would you get a "buzz?" well i guess, but mostly it would probably just knock you out, make you sleep all day. it just sounds kind of dangerous to me.

does anyone agree?

Yeah I agree... double-dosing, or dosing more of the methadone you take daily causes more of a sleepy/sedated feeling where you want to sleep all day (and most ppl who double-dose usually do.) Of course you also feel a slightly intense opioid feeling but after a few hours this quickly switches to sleepy sedation and will put you to sleep for a good amount of the day.

When I first started out on MMT (I'm on my 8.5th week now I think, at 120mg), the first week or so I got a nice opioid 'high' feeling but this was quickly followed by an extremely tired-esque sedation that made me sleep for a good part of the day. I was unable to really get many things done in my day during the first week or so starting MMT because of the tiredness. And I'm pretty sure this would be what double-dosing would feel like basically... an opioid-feeling followed by extreme tired-esque sedation.

I've been in Methadone Maintenance for exactly a year now. I was raised up to 65 mgs a day and am now on 8 mgs. I've seen people taking about going down 2-3 mgs every week or so but I have been going down 1mg since I hit 18mgs. I'm having a helluva time with getting a full nights sleep and irritability. By going down 1mg a week am I prolonging all of this?

Also, I started using marijuana to ease anxiety & some of my sleep issues around 18mgs to about 13 mgs. Because I started testing positive they began to limit the number of take homes. I stopped smoking pot and went to random xanax usage on hard nights... They do test for Benzos so it could be just a matter of time before they drug test me a day or so after I've take a bar to sleep soundly. I have tried Somas but they don't last long and while they sometime help me get to sleep they by no means help me STAY asleep.

Does anyone have any suggestions on herbal remedies that will help me stay asleep at night and ease anxiety while tapering off the methadone?

I've been in Methadone Maintenance for exactly a year now. I was raised up to 65 mgs a day and am now on 8 mgs. I've seen people taking about going down 2-3 mgs every week or so but I have been going down 1mg since I hit 18mgs. I'm having a helluva time with getting a full nights sleep and irritability. By going down 1mg a week am I prolonging all of this?

Also, I started using marijuana to ease anxiety & some of my sleep issues around 18mgs to about 13 mgs. Because I started testing positive they began to limit the number of take homes. I stopped smoking pot and went to random xanax usage on hard nights... They do test for Benzos so it could be just a matter of time before they drug test me a day or so after I've take a bar to sleep soundly. I have tried Somas but they don't last long and while they sometime help me get to sleep they by no means help me STAY asleep.

Does anyone have any suggestions on herbal remedies that will help me stay asleep at night and ease anxiety while tapering off the methadone?

Screw herbal shit unless thats your only option man, explain to your doc that since your lowering your mdone dose you cant sleep at night and it makes you feel like using again so you can actually sleep, odds are he/she will prescribe you something to help. My methadone doctor wrote me a script for ambein because I couldnt sleep. And it helps alot. If all you can get is otc stuff, doxylamine succinate works alright and you could get it at any pharmacy or grociery store no problem. But if your doc is willing to give you ambein or something like that it really helps immensly.

Magnolia bark 20x extract seems to have pretty positive effects on anxiety and sleep. There isn't too much discussion of it online to read about, but there is a thread on this first page about it where a few people have tried it already. The general consensus on this site and on others is that effects similar to benzos are to be expected, with perhaps less motor impairment.

Magnolia bark 20x extract seems to have pretty positive effects on anxiety and sleep. There isn't too much discussion of it online to read about, but there is a thread on this first page about it where a few people have tried it already. The general consensus on this site and on others is that effects similar to benzos are to be expected, with perhaps less motor impairment.

thank you... i will def give it a try... as I don't think my methadone doctor will give me ambien.

Are you crazy?? Methadone is nothing to play around with, and to tell someone that it is only slightly stronger than Hydrocodone is beyond stupid. I am a methadone Maintenance patient, and the highest MG that is given on the first day for even a hardcore heroin addict like me is 35mg. Whoever is reading this persons post, 40mg can kill a non opiate tolerant person in a heartbeat. In fact, the 40mg tablets are no longer available to pain patients, only for maintenance. Please be careful with using this medication, especisally if you are using benzos or anyother medications like that. Methadone IMHO is not even a good recreational drug because it doesnt make a person high like other opiates. Hence, people OD because they don't feel anything. Again this is only MHO. But I am sticking to my guns concerning how deadly this drug can be when abused.

LillyF40

Ok. Im quite Confused. I take 40mgs of Hydrocodone to get fucked up on a good one. I am not opiod dependant by anymeans. I and i Took 40mgs of Methadone last night and i was fine. was not that fucked up.

Hey guys, Gals,

I took around 120MG of Methadone tablets the other day, and got a decent drooling could not keep my eyes open high....

Q: Does it usually take so long for methadone to take affect, it took me around 4 hrs then WHAM it hit me...

You dudes on >100 mg methadone/day:

How do you feel? I was on 60-80/day for 2 months for heroin and I felt like shit on the 'done. I'd have that 'high' feeling in a dysphoric overabused opiate sort of way like the grouchy person I was on smack (the methadone nod was the only plus). But I didnt like that so I switched to suboxone. Now I feel unopiated and like myself for the first time in months. How can you guys take those feeling daily? I understand with heroin, as I was there and felt that sick deathgrip... is it the same reasoning with the 'done? It's worth it? Or do you 160mgers really feel nothing but stabilization 1.5 hours after your dose? No mood problems?

Methadone question

Hi, I'm posting here because I didn't find any methadone mega-thread.
Anyway, I wanted to know a few things. First, let's talk about my background (sorry if it's long).

I live in France (a foreword: sorry for my English) and I never took heroin or other strong opiates, but I took large quantities of codeine orally for about 3 years in 2002/2005. Codeine is available in any pharmacy here in France without any prescription, a box of 20x15mg pills (=300mg without any other compound, APAP or anything, just plain equivalent codeine base) doesn't cost a lot (relatively).

So I took one or two codeine boxes a day during this period, which ended to be costly and not very good for my liver. Then, as I was helped in a drug center for my cannabis abuse (which is of no more concern today), I asked if I could benefit from the methadone which they dispensed too for the opiate users. They agreed and I was started at 20mg/day. A few years passed by and I asked to have more, finishing by taking 50mg/day.

Here comes the interesting thing: one day I decided I was fed up with this 50mg/day dose and I decided, without refering to the center, to drop from this quite large dose to 10mg/day. I did this within one day (sorry for my English if it's not very clear: 50mg/day to 10mg/day in one day).

I know this was risqué at the least, but to my surprise I didn't feel any
discomfort whatsoever, and 25 days after having cut back the dose, I told my methadone-doctor the truth and gave him back the 25 methadone vials of 40 mg. He was astonished. As I never experienced any discomfort whatsoever (really, not even bad nights -nothing), he told me I was an exception.

So I'm now at 10mg/day, and there' something I'm sure of, I happen to have a very long methadone metabolism: there has to be at least 4 (four) days before I begin to feel a little edgy (I began to have a restless legs syndrom after the 100 hours mark, which I stopped by redosing). To be honest, I never went beyond these 4 days without redosing, so I just don't know how the withdrawal could look like, let's say after one week without methadone.

Anyway, I'm not intending to stop methadone because I don't want to go back to codeine. But if I had to stop for whatever reason, I want to be on the safe side and I'm planning to go from 10mg/day to 1mg/day. I know this won't be a problem (well I hope so), but my question is: Is stopping cold turkey from 1mg/day somewhat problematic? Will I have some discomfort, even if minimal?

As you know after reading my long text (sorry for that), I could take some codeine or/and some loperamide to minimize the problem, but there's something absolutely certain: I don't want to go back abusing codeine.

So maybe it's better to stay at the 1mg/day mark, even if it's for the rest of my life, but it's so tempting to stop, knowing I did cut my consumption from 50mg/day to 10mg/day without slowly reducing and without any problem, and knowing that I can take nothing during 4 days without any discomfort at all...

I'm a little bit lost here and your input would be very welcomed. Thank you for reading all that ;)

why not try 1 mg a day... you'd be alot better off..... its only 10 days

Methadone Question

Hi all - I recently stumbled across some liquid methadone - to the tune of 70 mg. I've never used methadone before, and was wondering what a good amount to take would be (orally obviously). I typically IV between 50-70 mg of OC in one shot to feel pretty good. Would taking all 70 mg of the methadone produce any effects. In addition, the last time I did a shot of OC was about 2.5 hours ago - will that have any effect on the amount of methadone I should do? Thanks in advance for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.