• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would try out 10 mgs and see how that treats you

you'll feel really warm and happy , on top of the world pretty much

taking methadone without and opiate tolerance is very pleasurable

just dont over due it because its very easy to overdose on it , stay safe and have fun <3

just dont over due it because its very easy to overdose on it , stay safe and have fun <3

Well said ;) :)

QUACK ass doctor at my clinic!!!!!!!!

so i went to the clinic to discuss my bloodwork with the doctor this morning. i mentioned some of the problems i have been having (which may or may not be related to methadone). i told him even if the issue wasn't methadone related i was thinking about detoxing anyways. i told him i wanted to detox because i had only been in the program a few weeks and i didn't want the methadone to build up and cause bad WDs later on.

he looked at me funny and said, "why do you think that? that is a myth." i said "excuse me?" he proceeds to tell me methadone is not addictive, that it isn't an opioid, and most frighteningly that it doesn't cause withdrawals!!!! he tells me the withdrawals you experience are from the heroin- not matter how long you have been off it! he also says methadone doesn't bind to the receptors, it suppresses them. i told him that was all quackery, i really did. he tells me i should look up the "scientific" info on the drug.

i am soooo shocked at how misinformed this doctor is. it really scares me!!! what kind of "training" do these docs receive. i feel so bad for people who don't know as much as myself that attend this clinic. people that end up on really high doses and can't get off :( this man seems like the kind of doc that is ultimately responsible for methadone related deaths.

is there any kind of agency i can report him to?

Well, I got some good news and bad news, first the bad, I lost all take home privilages and the only carry I get now is Sun when the clinic is closed ugghh(my fault though). I have learned(long story short)that I need to start just opening up and being honest and upfront instead of being scared to say stuff or tell how I feel. However that has been a bitch all my life due to me being afraid to talk because I was psychologically abused by my father and brother too!! when I was 4-5 years old.

So I got good news, I was honest and got an appointment to see my old suboxone doctor(I was on 3 8mg subs 3x daily before I made the mistake of switching to deathadone(methadone). My family doc/ex sub doctor talked to me a few days ago and told me something surprising, he said the methadone was actually causing my irregular heartbeat so no wonder the clinic wanted to rush my dose down to 150mg which I'm still on.

Some more good news, my suboxone doctor said that even if I can get down to 60mg of done, he can get me back into the detox program I was in and get me "cozied up" so I'm not in horrid wd's and take me off methadone and as I'm waiting 3 days in wd's to switch to suboxone he would give me stuff to keep me comfortable, he laughed and said "I'm not gonna give you oxycontin" but dont worry, you know I took good care of you in the past, which he did. Also I was honest and upfront with him and told him that I made an appointment to see a pain doctor in my area"I made a smart move and went 2 a compounding pharmacy in town" and said "I have intestinal pain etc, can you recommend a good doctor in the area who would be willing to prescribe good pain meds?" I also have a higher than normal tolerance to pain meds due to all the major surgery I've had since 1994.

Well he gave me a docs name and I called and set up a date in early Dec and told my suboxone doctor that I did that because I figured if I got strong pain meds that I could just cold turkey off done and just "walk outta that clinic forever", wait until I'm in bad wd's and take only enough pain meds from the pain doc to take wd away. I would then stay on them for maybe a month and even possibly enjoy a nice buzz too. Then when and if it gets too expensive or my Mom says "either you get back on suboxone or I'll kick you out", then I'll see you and get back on suboxone. He said you can do that if you like but, if you just want to get it over with, if the clinic just drops you to 60mg like they said they would because you abused your take homes for the 2nd thanksgiving in a row, let me know and call intake asap when you get put on 60mg, otherwise you will be very uncomfortable being put on 60mg suddenly from 150mg.

So, wish me luck everyone, either way I learned my lesson the worst way in 2006 in August when I made the dumb mistake of dumping subs and going on methadone. Also if I get back on subs, instead of a whopping $60.00 a week to be on done. I will be back to only paying a little more than that with insurance for a months supply of suboxone. $60 or so a month is way cheaper than $60 a week!!. Heck my Mom will not only be happy, but my disability checks will go further to pay bills too.

numbness in hands

Hi,I just got back on methadone 5 days ago and my dose is only at 52mg I am not trying to go up any more,if I do not have to!To answer your question,I was on methadone around 4 years ago for around 6 months and I had the exact numbness you are speaking of in the hands and wrist, I was then at 160 mg dose! I do not have that side effect this time around, I do not think it is anything serious,just an uncomfortable side effect!!!I weened off at the clinic wich took about a month! I had alot of side effects the first time like weight gain and pain and numbness in my hands. I do not remember how high you daid your dose is,but if ya can,try going down some and if that still does'nt help you might want to ween off or see if it goes away,but try not to worry too much I had it to! hope that I was of some help!:\
so as some of you know, i started maintenance about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and for the most part this has been going well.

however, the strangest thing has been happening to me over the past few days. in the morning i have been waking up with pain/numbness in my hands and more recently my wrists and forearms. it has been inching its way into the day as well. i am an artist so it really upsets me.

when i got my bloodwork at the clinic back, the nurse said i was hypoglycemic, but she said i needed to talk to the doc for all the details. i am thinking hypoglycemia can be a symptom of diabetes and so can numbness- so it could be something like that. but from what i have read it is called a "neuropathy" and it is a sign of nerve damage :( my understanding is that medications can cause it in some people. although methadone is not usually a culprit, i did find a couple of side effect lists that mentioned numbness for meth, and i found a post on some random forum of someone complaining of the same thing who had just started MMT.

has anyone else ever heard of anything like this being linked to meth? has this ever happened to any of you, meth related or not. i am pretty freaked out. i don't have insurance and it sounds like a pretty bad situation. i was to get off meth just to see if that is whats up, but i am sure we all know that is easier said than done! wish bupe was cheaper :(

Hi,I just got back on methadone 5 days ago and my dose is only at 52mg I am not trying to go up any more,if I do not have to!To answer your question,I was on methadone around 4 years ago for around 6 months and I had the exact numbness you are speaking of in the hands and wrist, I was then at 160 mg dose! I do not have that side effect this time around, I do not think it is anything serious,just an uncomfortable side effect!!!I weened off at the clinic wich took about a month! I had alot of side effects the first time like weight gain and pain and numbness in my hands. I do not remember how high you daid your dose is,but if ya can,try going down some and if that still does'nt help you might want to ween off or see if it goes away,but try not to worry too much I had it to! hope that I was of some help!:\

well the numbness didn't show up til week two, so i could show up for you later though, but i hope it doesn't! i am glad my assumption keeps getting validated (about methadone causing this). the doctor looked at me like i was stupid when i told him i thought it was the drug. but he is a fucking idiot, read my last post if you want to know why i feel that way. oh, and my dose isn't high AT ALL, 40mg, i don't want to go up b/c i don't want to get hooked! my habit was not crazy enough to warrant more, although i do wake up a little sick these days. good luck to you.

It is the people like you who f-it up for the rest of us who really do want help and need it!
Yep I'm pretty fucked, they wouldn't beleive anything I said, so long story short they are suddenly dropping me to 60mg everyday and I no longer will ever be allowed to get take homes again, except the day on sunday when they are closed.

Thank God I got xanax and valium to help me a little, but like one person a few above me said, I would be better off getting outta this crappy country and moving to one where they have Heroin or Morphine maintenance. However do they let you get a good dose or get dose increases so you can get buzzzed?

I know I'm not gonna be at this clinic long since methadone doesnt seem to agree with me so I'm going totry to get my original sub doctor to take me back

Thank you!

I just started methadone maintince today, they started me on 30 mgs, it took the sickness away but cravings arent gone, im wondering since half the dose from today will still be in my body tommorow ontop of the 30 i'll be taking again, will it feel stronger tommorrow? Or is the half thats left in it from today not active anymore?

so as some of you know, i started maintenance about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and for the most part this has been going well.

however, the strangest thing has been happening to me over the past few days. in the morning i have been waking up with pain/numbness in my hands and more recently my wrists and forearms. it has been inching its way into the day as well. i am an artist so it really upsets me.

when i got my bloodwork at the clinic back, the nurse said i was hypoglycemic, but she said i needed to talk to the doc for all the details. i am thinking hypoglycemia can be a symptom of diabetes and so can numbness- so it could be something like that. but from what i have read it is called a "neuropathy" and it is a sign of nerve damage :( my understanding is that medications can cause it in some people. although methadone is not usually a culprit, i did find a couple of side effect lists that mentioned numbness for meth, and i found a post on some random forum of someone complaining of the same thing who had just started MMT.

has anyone else ever heard of anything like this being linked to meth? has this ever happened to any of you, meth related or not. i am pretty freaked out. i don't have insurance and it sounds like a pretty bad situation. i was to get off meth just to see if that is whats up, but i am sure we all know that is easier said than done! wish bupe was cheaper :(
Strange enough it sounds like you have carpal tunnel syndrome. I have it and if I don't wear my wrist brace at night (that keeps my wrist straight) I wake up with my hands and wrist numb/in pain/throbbing/etc. from the neuropathy. The methadone doesn't really help the pain of it.

You might want to look into getting a wrist brace to keep your wrists straight when you sleep so that your carpal tunnel doesn't compress your median nerve in your arm/wrist which causes the numbness/pain. It sucks and I know how you feel.. :(. Most people get symptoms of CTS (carpal tunnel syndrome) when sleeping because when we sleep we tend to curl our wrists without knowing.

What dose are you on now? I've been on methadone now for 4.5 weeks and I'm at 100mg now... still not stable yet in terms of the duration of the dose but it's getting there. :)

For the CTS I hope I don't have to get surgery one day... but I've had it for about 6 months now and it hasn't been really getting any better and it sucks a lot to have.. heh.

I just started methadone maintince today, they started me on 30 mgs, it took the sickness away but cravings arent gone, im wondering since half the dose from today will still be in my body tommorow ontop of the 30 i'll be taking again, will it feel stronger tommorrow? Or is the half thats left in it from today not active anymore?

Yeah, I'm on the 4.5th week of MMT and I'm on 100mg now. I started at 30mg too. At first, 30mg didn't take care of my cravings... but I went up to 40mg the day after that, 50mg the day after that, and then I stopped at 60mg the day after that. At 60mg on the 4th day of being in the clinic a lot of my cravings went away but it was when I reached 80mg did I really feel 'comfortable' in that the cravings weren't bothering me at all. The only issue I have is that I wake up kinda sick so I'm hoping that I'll be able to reach a dose that will hold me off comfortably for 24hours. I'm hoping not to go over 150-160mg (since I'm on 100mg now.)

My habit before I got on this program was pretty big a couple years back.. I was eating 1.5GRAMS of morphine sulphate twice a day (pills, took em orally), for a total of 3GRAMS of oral morphine sulphate a day. This was about 2 years ago... I painfully kicked from that high dose and was clean for about 3-4 months and relapsed... but my relapses ever since I kicked the 3GRAMS a day of MS a couple years ago have been infrequent use so my tolerance hasn't gone up back that high. Although if I use for only 5 days in a row these days (of morphine), my tolerance would sky rocket to 600-800mg of oral morphine to feel decent. So I decided to get on MMT because I'm sick and tired of the cycle of using and being sick, using and being sick, and the cravings and the fact that my tolerance jumps back up so quick... I'm at a point where I just want to be 'stable' and that's why I decided on MMT, but that's why I'm guessing I might need a higher dose because a few years back my tolerance was insane.

Yeah, I'm on the 4.5th week of MMT and I'm on 100mg now. I started at 30mg too. At first, 30mg didn't take care of my cravings... but I went up to 40mg the day after that, 50mg the day after that, and then I stopped at 60mg the day after that. At 60mg on the 4th day of being in the clinic a lot of my cravings went away but it was when I reached 80mg did I really feel 'comfortable' in that the cravings weren't bothering me at all. The only issue I have is that I wake up kinda sick so I'm hoping that I'll be able to reach a dose that will hold me off comfortably for 24hours. I'm hoping not to go over 150-160mg (since I'm on 100mg now.)

My habit before I got on this program was pretty big a couple years back.. I was eating 1.5GRAMS of morphine sulphate twice a day (pills, took em orally), for a total of 3GRAMS of oral morphine sulphate a day. This was about 2 years ago... I painfully kicked from that high dose and was clean for about 3-4 months and relapsed... but my relapses ever since I kicked the 3GRAMS a day of MS a couple years ago have been infrequent use so my tolerance hasn't gone up back that high. Although if I use for only 5 days in a row these days (of morphine), my tolerance would sky rocket to 600-800mg of oral morphine to feel decent. So I decided to get on MMT because I'm sick and tired of the cycle of using and being sick, using and being sick, and the cravings and the fact that my tolerance jumps back up so quick... I'm at a point where I just want to be 'stable' and that's why I decided on MMT, but that's why I'm guessing I might need a higher dose because a few years back my tolerance was insane.

I completly understand what your saying, my tolerance was getting higher and higher,eating a few hundred mgs of oxy a day and not getting high at all,shooting a handfull of dilaudid 8s a day and still hardly no high, and I just like you quit once,but after coming back it took no time at all to get a huge tolerance again. They wont raise my dose for 4 more days,but hopefully today feels stronger since some should be left in my body from the last dose.

Last edited:
Double-dosed again today. Seems like I am doing this every time I get a take home (or carry as we say)...hmm..

It never really got me high when I would double dose my take homes. I would always just stop taking it and use heroin for a few days , eventually this led to them taking away the take homes. It was a pain in the ass going there every morning , suboxone was much easier in that regard. But the bupe never held me in the same way the methadone did and eventually I switched off of that to poppy pods for a long time.

Ive been on MMT since 2001, on and off. Ive Ended up in jail a few times because of unpaid fines from when i was using. The Kick lasted a good 6 weeks, no sleep and Up and down all night not being able to sit still.

But here it is 2009 and im still on it, I guess Im one of those statistics that "might be on it 4 the rest of my life".

If I had a choice Id try to kick H cold turkey instead of this, Although In my state (New Jersey, Camden city) Last year i was getting 14 take home bottles 140mgs, but theres people on my clinic at 300-400mgs!! I think thats crazy, I know its true Ive seen their take home bottles with the dose on it.

140 keeps me level, it depends all on ur body and ur tolerance.
What I originally was posting about was to the person who was asking if there was a way to make his dose feel more potent. Im also on xanax, BUT only as prescribed 3mgs aday.

My counselor told me if I feel like the meth isnt holding me to drink grapefruit juice or orange juice, weird huh? But he said theres some kind of a reaction that will actually increase the effects of ur methadone.

I thought Id just throw that out there 4 the guy asking.....

I believe grapefruit juice affects the liver enzymes that break down opiates, slowing down the process. The noticeable affect is minimal, if anything, and is not going to "stretch" your dose. There is nothing crazy or strange about patients on larger doses, it takes what it takes. Most of us have heard the waiting room chatter comparing doses, most of it mindless. A patient on 1000mg/day operates exactly like one on 10mg/day and is no "better" or "worse".

Double-dosing is never worth it. Not only will taking more not get one high, it leads to a day of discomfort and worry.

if I take 20mg hydrocodone a couple times a week, and adderall 15mg every morning for ADHD. Is 5mg methadone safe?

Ya 5mg would be a safe amount to dose at. The adderall doesnt raise your tolerance at all considering its not an opiate.

But give the 5mg a few hours to get goin cause it can take awhile, before you redose w/ another 5mg tops.Remember methadone keeps building in your system. BE safe with it, it can be a killer ,doesnt have to be though.

It Saved My AS*

crushing methadone

Ok, I saw a thread which was closed by a moderator; the discussion concerned the injecting of Methadone. The consensus there was that injecting methadone is a bad idea due to binders, etc. but also injecting does not provide any greater buzz or possibly less than swallowing.

Ok, but what about snorting them? Around here, we crush and snort, which burns like hell but we still continue to do it. I've been involved in a running debate as to whether it is better just to swallow. I'm convinced swallowing is better, but I'd like some other opinions. Let me know, thanks!%)%)

It can be insufflated, not sure if it's any better though.
Your best bet is to find the Methadone MegaThread with le search function.

It might list pros & cons too.

p.s. This is more BBD material.

Status
Not open for further replies.