• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
^If you know your tolerance well enough to know that this is a good dose for you, then I don't see the issue. You have to make the call whether or not the dose is appropriate... There is nothing inherently dangerous about taking methadone after hydrocodone, if that's what you're asking.

I'm just asking if it will add on to my buzz or will the methadone kick all the hydro off my receptors? Should've said that first time around.

I find that 20mg will "mesh" with other opiates, as long as methadone isn't built up in your system (like from MMT). It's subjective, but most people I know that have experimented have given similar results.

I see alot of anti Methadone Maintenance bullshit on this thread, and elsewhere on bluelight. Methadone is not for everyone, this is true. But it DOES have its place. In my opinion it should be used for a last resort for those people who require a maintenance program, not just a detox or a blocker.

I tried Suboxone first, it did not help my craving AT ALL. I got on Methadone Maintenance through a clinic last month and I have never been so happy. It feels like a thousand pounds has been lifted off my back, like I don't need opiates. There have been hard moments, but it makes it all manageable.

Though it is true that Benzo abuse is a problem with Methadone patients. As long as your intentions are to stay clean and away from drugs you should be fine. I go to the clinic, I take my dose, I leave. I do not talk to any junkies, I don't get involved with any drug dealers, I don't make friends. I just dose and leave. I work the program like intended, and as a result it works. From my experience 95% of the people at the clinic are trying to get clean, and doing the right thing. Its just a few bad apples in the bunch, and they usually get kicked out.

Don't be afraid to try Methadone maintenance if you want help. It really can work. It is a challenge to get off Methadone, but tapering is very possible and can be a painless process if done at the right speed. Don't be afraid, don't let a stigma or a few bad experiences from some people with bad intentions stop you from seeking help.

I would never denigrate methadone....hell it saved my ass. It is highly-effective and the side-effects pale when compared to what opiate abuse was doing to my health. Its not the drug that is problematic, it is the way it is used and what is required to stay on it!

Things improved a whole lot in 2002. The Federal guidelines aren't the biggest problem, its the states. Every time the administration changes, so do the rules. Some states even cap dosages....what could be more insane than politicians telling doctors how to practice?

Methadone Maintence Therapy`

Hey, I have really really bad dopamine deficiency syndrome. And i have ever since I was 19 after i was dosed with acid. Its really hard to deal with and I have become addicted to a variety of opiates to try and feel normal--anyway what are the standards of getting on the MMT, [snip - leftwing] I also have severe chronic pain problems--and its harder than you could imagine to get decent help. My dopamine receptors dont work worth work hell, and ive tryed a variety of medications with no luck.

Done's helps get my dopamine receptors going to where i dont feel high at all, I just feel like a normal functioning human being. On top of that I have chronic shooting pains up and down my spine. Ive been nearly driven to suicide at times.

And that really scares me. Ill answer questions and would apprieciate responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be aware that opioid use actually leads to lower overall dopamine levels in one's brain, per a quick google search on the subject. (My sources could be invalid, though). A DRI may be more what you need. I am no doctor, so take my suggestion lightly.

To be accepted into an MMT program, you need only have means to pay for the treatment, and be physically / mentally addicted to opioids. This is usually determined by a combination of having a dirty UA for opioids, and being in noticable withdrawal at the time of induction.

-Cy

Be aware that opioid use actually leads to lower overall dopamine levels in one's brain, per a quick google search on the subject. (My sources could be invalid, though). A DRI may be more what you need. I am no doctor, so take my suggestion lightly.

To be accepted into an MMT program, you need only have means to pay for the treatment, and be physically / mentally addicted to opioids. This is usually determined by a combination of having a dirty UA for opioids, and being in noticable withdrawal at the time of induction.

-Cy

That wont be a problem, withdrawaling and having some opiods in the system. I have had an insane problem with Dopamine Receptors I dunno generally i was just so anxious and so reclusive and so shitty that it was hard for me to even walk into a gas station without shaking with anxiety--I was so low on human contact, because just looking at someone anyone in the eye sent anxiety attacks throughout my entire being. When i first tryed Done, it was just a feeling a normal, where i could get things done throughout the day without too much stress, i could interact again with people. have fun and very much increase in quality of life.

That wont be a problem, withdrawaling and having some opiods in the system. I have had an insane problem with Dopamine Receptors I dunno generally i was just so anxious and so reclusive and so shitty that it was hard for me to even walk into a gas station without shaking with anxiety--I was so low on human contact, because just looking at someone anyone in the eye sent anxiety attacks throughout my entire being. When i first tryed Done, it was just a feeling a normal, where i could get things done throughout the day without too much stress, i could interact again with people. have fun and very much increase in quality of life.

Since poppy pods include alkaloids such as morphine, as long as you are in withdrawal at the time and piss positive for opioids, you should get on MMT without problems if you can pay for it. They usually ask for cash up front.

Like others have said, cyb first, it typically depends on a dirty urine drop and verifiable withdrawal symptoms. Some clinics, especially with long wait lists, factor other things like a psychological quiz into it. Basically they want the people that most need it, and want it, to fill up their limited stops.

I wouldn't recommend MMT, unless it's a last case scenario for you decided by you and your doctor. There are plenty of drawbacks to being in an MMT program, and if you can treat your issues with regular prescriptions and therapies, that would certainly be the best route to take.

Thanks for all the help guys. The thing about MMT is that it does have its downsides. I live here in Idaho, and the truth is, that its very hard to get decent help. I have shooting pains in my spine, very severe. My last doc, referred me to a pain doctor. Maybe I will talk to my doc to see if there isnt any other route to take--other than MMT. I mean to me this is last resort. Thanks everyone

have you tried physical rehabilitation or physiotherapy? and have you had mri or x-ray scans that reveal that you do actually have something wrong going on or is it neuropathic pain which you're suffering from? im guessing its neuropathic pains since you're experience sharp shooting pains, like sciatica

I have medicare, and just completely 100% sober--nothing in the system for 1 week, i have so much anxiety, and other shit, that i could easily pass for someone withdrawaling. I went to an AA meeting once, just for company, had not been drinking or using anything at the time-- and someone came up to me and told me not to slam anymore speed and not to use anything, this was me, 100 percent sober. I went through a period of my life that I had to force myself to leave my brothers apartment, and he eventually kicked me out because i had severe anxiety attacks any time anyone was around me. I always looked at the ground.

This felt insanely uncomfortable--no one can imagine. my brain was constantly flooded with suicidal thoughts and felt like my body was a prison. I was a hermit of my own making. Well, from the dose of acid. Before that I felt normal and never thought of mmt or suicide or anything like that. After Iwas dosed with acid i feel that it brought out underlying mental problems and permanently aggravated them

I cant think of much else to say

it sounds like you have some extensive underlying mental issues that you need to deal with. i'd suggest you try to resolve your problems by starting to see a therapist of some kind - whether they be a psychologist, psychiatrist or a drug counsellor. have you every tried a course of anti-depressants or anti-psychotics of any type? you really do need to see a doctor feeling like you do. do yourself the favour:)

Thanks for all the help guys. The thing about MMT is that it does have its downsides. I live here in Idaho, and the truth is, that its very hard to get decent help. I have shooting pains in my spine, very severe. My last doc, referred me to a pain doctor. Maybe I will talk to my doc to see if there isnt any other route to take--other than MMT. I mean to me this is last resort. Thanks everyone

Yes ATM i see a psychiatrist--they have perscribed gabapentin, but it doesnt help much either. I have had the hardest time finding a medicine that works. They got me on klonopins for anxiety and VPC for biplare and thats about it. I have talked to them of the pains- Gabapentin.

IM going to see another doc thanks very much for the support leftwing your nice and other mods. its good to see someone who generally cares--and can offer advice that is downright thought out and meaningful. It just shows you can look the world in the eyes--and tell people whatsup leftwing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.