• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's no problem psilo, we're here to help:)

if the gabapentin isn't helping then you should ask your doctor about pregabalin. it's similar to gabapentin but a lot of people find it more effective. it's thought to be useful against combatting general anxiety disorder as well.

you didnt answer my question whether you've got mri's and x-rays of the area where you suffer from the pain. they are essential for you to be able to get onto any kind of opiate treatment through your doctor - methadone or anything else.

you might want to just edit your last couple of posts and merge them into the one message as well. we don't encourage double and triple posting here, it becomes annoying and makes people come off as being inpatient:)

Yes-I have had x-rays and as far as that goes, nothing showed up. The x-rays weren't through my entire back, just my neck, because it seems like the 'shooting pains' start at my neck and go down my spine too my tailbone. I could try the MRI, its a start.

The thing is that i feel like im tough as nails. Ive had acute pains several times and severe breaks (compound fractures) and the pain went away after a week or two weeks and i was just fine. Something Chronic that is there what seems permanently can be very hard to deal with, along with the mental probs too.

I will totally ask about the Pregabalin--see if it helps any. My family physician says he doesn't deal with the chronic pain problems and referred me to someone who does. I am also starting physical therapy and currently run around 2 miles a day--

I just don't feel like I have the general sense of well-being of life I used to experience. I haven't had that for several years. And its more than that. It can be severe depression/anxiety and loneliness that drags on to make life seem less of a gift.

yeah i would definitely get an MRI done as it's more likely to distinguish whether there's a problem in your spine and the surrounding problem areas. it might even be worth getting a CT scan if problems persist and the MRI doesnt reveal anything.

i think you will have luck with the pregabalin. i get a lot of pain from sciatica at different stages and if i use either pregabalin or neurontin and theyre able to mask the majority of the pain.

it's understandable that you're feeling depressed, you're in a state of constant pain which inevitably starts to affect your psychological well being causing your anxiety along with the depression and the loneliness. you should even try some form of meditation or different stretching exercises to help ease your mind in those times of stress.

Help! Need methadone advice

I'm not going to hide it. I'm a heavy heroin user. Luckily, i've never resorted to the stick due to a long lasting needle phobia. I've been on heroin about every day with a few day breaks every few weeks for about 10 months now. I'm losing my mind. I've gone broke, im unemployed and a month ago I wrecked my new saab while nodding. I'm in a low situation but only until recently have I done anything to try to be clean. I've resorted to shady shit to score cash for dope.

I haven't used heroin in four days now. The heroin up in the north-east like NY-Jersey area is so pure and i've never been as hooked as I am now because of it. I'm going to lose my family and friends, the trust I have with them, and i'm probably going to end up in jail if I don't get help. I'm already plotting on how to cop a half a brick tomorrow and I just went through the worst agony in the last 4 days. Cold sweats, hot sweats, delerium, hallucinations, pain, aches muscle cramps. It was absolute hell and now im through the jist of it minus the psychological part.

My only out is that I have health insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield) and I read online that they do cover methadone maintenance programs, but they don't cover the usually required counseling so I'd need to pay that out of pocket. I don't want to get hooked on methadone though, getting off that I hear is an even lengthier hell. I don't want to end up in jail. Copping heroin off the streets when you're the only white boy in the ghetto doesn't look good to LEOs and i'm sure it's just a matter of time before I get popped.

What does a junkie do? I've got 1800mgs of alprazolam at my disposal (no typo, yes 1800mgs) and 16mgs of suboxone (i absolutely hate this shit but it works for the physical pains). Can I buy heroin and taper? Does that actually work?

I've heard about rapid detox where they put you under for 4-8 hours and give you drugs to speed up the detox process but that costs like $2500 bucks! I don't think insurance would cover that.

Is anyone here getting help from their insurance company with methadone? :(

I want to be done with this shit for good and im serious but the cravings are killing me.

I've never heard of insurance covering a methadone maintenance clinics fees, I paid cash when I was on methadone.

"I haven't used heroin in four days now."
"It was absolute hell and now im through the jist of it "...
..."minus the psychological part."

Now, since you're through the worst of the withdrawal physically speaking, what do you hope to get from doing a ''heroin taper'', or getting on methadone? Whether you taper or not, the mental part of the withdrawal is always going to be there once the physical symptoms subside. At this point, you have to figure out what you have to do to allow yourself to be stronger than your cravings. I'm really tired, and wont further elaborate, but I really think counselling / CBT and the like would be much more beneficial to you, than going on any sort of substitution therapy.

-Cy

-> Methadone Mega Thread & FAQ

Use the buprenorphine and alprazolam. That's the easiest and most comfortable way to do it.

If you go the methadone route, I hope it works for you.

I just want to be off dope for good. I'm trying to be strong and fight the monkey on my back but my dealer keeps calling and I can't seem to make it out of bed. This is still part of day 4. How long does this shit last for?

Sorry to say it but the mental part can last for months. Less intense as time passes of course, but still there. But not everyones the same so maybe it wont be that long for you

Your best bet is to get out of bed as soon as you're able, and get busy. Try anything to keep yourself clean...12-step programs, see a doc, whatever. For most of us, cutting ties with the old crowd was an absolute necessity. It helps to be prepared....it is much easier to stay clean after a crisis, its when life drags on that things get rough. Expect that, and know that there is no easy way. Also know that you are your own worst enemy. That's why it is essential to seek out others who are on the same road!

In Texas, 24 years ago they started us on 30mg the first day after they tested our blood for opiates. We got well, but didnt get high until the second day, when they gave us 40mg. I stayed on 40 as long as I could, then went up 10mg at a time( to 50, 60, 70, etc.) every month or two and stayed on 80 for about 15 years. The only OD's I know of , and I know of more than a few, involved alcohol and or benzos taken with methadone. You would get really sick long before you reached a lethal dose unless you had some plan in mind to skip out quick. The ceiling now is 120mg (here in Texas)and I believe they would let you go higher if you wanted to (one clinic, one state). Also, kicking the last 10mg is just as hard as kicking the first 100 (10mg drop at a time), but it kept me out of prison.

If I took a 5 mg dose of methadone yesterday between 10:30 and 11:00 A.M. and its now 10:30 AM the next day (for all of you not in my time zone). How long should I wait before re-dosing another 5 mg? This is recreational although I do have a small opiate tolerance. I was doing pretty good all day however I could have handled more. My main issue is I'm aware of the half-life and don't really want to be sick all day.

2 methadone questions

1. Is the effect of methadone stronger on an empty stomach? I know some drugs work best on an empty stomach so they have nothing to compete with, and some drugs work better with food so that your stomach knows to begin digestion.
2. Would it be possible to hasten the onset of action by holding a methadone solution in your mouth; ie sublingually? Again, some drugs like lorazepam and melatonin work faster (although they have the same bioavailability) when allowed to absorb through the mouth, rather than the stomach.

I'm going to try #2 with one of my carries anyway, because it usually takes my methadone 2 hours to kick in, I should notice any difference, but I was wondering if it makes sense.

Are you taking tabs or dissolved wafers? I always found the effect to be noticeable within 15min or so. Having a full stomach can slow the onset somewhat, but nothing drastic. There are many variables, so making hard and fast statements isn't terribly accurate. I've never heard of SL dosing...but I don't imagine it would make much difference.

Are you taking tabs or dissolved wafers? I always found the effect to be noticeable within 15min or so. Having a full stomach can slow the onset somewhat, but nothing drastic. There are many variables, so making hard and fast statements isn't terribly accurate. I've never heard of SL dosing...but I don't imagine it would make much difference.
Liquid, mixed with Tang, avg 50ml. I've never heard of tabs or wafers in Ontario.

Question to cal3b6

I am planning on consuming some methadone in the near future myself. I also have what I consider to be a small tolerance.
Would you be willing to share your tolerance and/or what your normal dosage of other opiates would be?
I'd be greatly interested, as it could help me to gauge dosage, as 5mg seems to be about the point I was looking at.
Or if anyone else would like to chime in with an opinion, I'd be happy to have any additional input. Thanks.

So you must be at one of the OATC clinics?Fuckin pricks kicked me out for standing up to a bully...but anyways,I've tried this,doesn't seem to matter at all.and I used MEthadone mixed with Tang,the standard for OATC clinics.(Used to be Lemonade).
If you are at an OATC,then you must know Daiter and Varenbut =D.....

Status
Not open for further replies.