• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 2.0

lol ^ I never had issues with puking in w/d. I can't imagine how much that would make it suck though... I hear the transition from methadone to bupe isn't much worse except all the waiting involved (avg 48hr as opposed to 12 or 24hrs). But I always like to hear of other's misery so I get to feel better about my own situation ;) j/k jk... kinda :\

HEY! that's what they gave me when I had an inner ear infection that made me lose all sense of equilibrium and get so dizzy I'd start projectile vomiting, which would make me even more dizzy, thus continuing the vicious projectile cycle of vomiting =D good story tell it again I know ;)

I have been on 10mg dones and roxi 30s for 2 years now. I started out on about 90 dones and 90 30s. My doc has cut back on the roxies so now I get 56/month and 336 dones/month. I used to nod when mixing dones and 30s. I can never nod on either anymore. I usually do my 56 30s in about 3 days and do without the rest of the month and get by on my dones for everyday use. I also have wife that basically I have to feed also to keep her from wd's. I am supposed to take 4omg or dones 3 times a day. At most I take 5 dones a day, 2 in the morning and usually one or two around 6pm. I know I have a tolerance but when I get my meds I immediately snort at least 90mg of the roxies. I never nod. I usually do the 30s non-stop until the are gone and never nod. I never eat or shoot a roxi and only snort them. recently the roxies basically just make me feel sick/nauseous regardless of brands, Mylans, V's, A-215s all have the same effect. Makes me wonder if they've changed the pills to cause snorters to get headaches/nausea. I don't take enough dones to make me sick. When I do roxies I barely do 20-30mg of dones a day.
I have a few fentanyl mylan patches (non-gel) that I used for 24 hours and never got a buzz off of them either. At the beginning of the second day i had a headache/nausea from them. Considering the isopropyl alcohol method to extract them. Maybe it is just me but even my wife has started getting nauseous from snorting the roxies. I used to get tons of energy and feel great but not anymore.

What is your question? You might want to start your own new thread if it's a valid one. Welcome!

We're not here to help you get high, but you might wanna try some diphenhydramine/benadryl for that nausea (it always killed nausea when opioids made my stomach upset, although it doesn't seem to work for everyone).

you can get by and not get sick with 30mgs of oxy. If you quit cold turkey you would be fine after one week. By going on methadone your going to go through a lot of pain when you want to quit.

Its also going to wreck your tolerance. I'm sorry but if you caan take 30mg of oxy to not get sick then you shouldn't be on methadone or even suboxone. You should just quit at that amount.

I bet you could get by on hydrocodone with a tolerance that low. Your making a huge mistake and should taper off it in 2 weeks. What is your reason of even being on methadone? Why do you feel you need it. I'm guessing your trying to get high and that's retarded. Go get some real opiates or taper.

Well, I guess the obvious first questions would be why you were banging the methadone... but don't worry, it's kinda a rhetorical question ;)

How was switching from methadone to suboxone?

I was underdosed on my MMT @ 40mg so just bought more either done or Heroin,

Now orally Methadone just stablises you - even upto 200mg the buzz wasn't great then he had access to amps. He would get 2-6x 20mg whenever off someone scripted them and bang one then lose cotrol, the rush was STRONG from 120mg IV. WHY BANG IT? WHY not? its a ampule and at the time I needed opis - beat heroin too, even good heroin.

Another thing was he used to get pyseptone amps and said IVed they burn but WAY better - maybe it was 50mg insted.

Anyone on amps?

HERE IS A PIC OF WHAT WE HAD BY M.DALE (photo 30mg though)

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=me...nw=78&start=0&ndsp=58&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:69

40mg was not enough meth so I dropped 30mg ad used more then 2 days later 4mg bupe. My advice? drop to 20-30mg then wait >5days but use heroin or summit the wake up dopesick and start bupe I would do 2mg snorted (take it slow and small) wait two hr and see then another 2mg till your happy then switch to subbing. Mine are generic bupe

^sounds pretty reasonable enough :)

I tend to forget they make methadone ampules but that's my problem :\

However, Tony williams, why didn' you just ask the doctor to up your methadone dosing? I don't think it costs you any more.

Well, I guess the obvious first questions would be why you were banging the methadone... but don't worry, it's kinda a rhetorical question ;)

How was switching from methadone to suboxone?

My transition wasn't bad at all mainly because I was in patient filled with Clonodine and valium which literally kept me in bed sleeping for about 2 and a half days. They only woke me to check BP every 4 hrs... I think I might have eaten once. I was fine when they started me on 12mg subs but side effects [mainly horrible constipation] made me taper to 1mg. I couldn't do a BM without eating nothing but fruit, vegs, and taking two ['industrial strength'] laxatives a day.

I tried methadone tablets the other week and had a thoroughly good time, very effective painkiller. Withdrawals are a put off though

yup, its a super small dose but its what they start everyone on. (Toronto) I'm up to 90 and I think that's my sweet spot (as they call it) At 50 I stopped feeling the effects of other opiates... any other questions about mmt feel free to msg me... people on bl helped me a lot when i first started.
Figured I'd throw this in.

I just started on the clinic today (Was real easy, and quick to get into). I straight up told the Dr what was up, and my plans for the treatment and whatever. He was really chill aboubt it, saying that I can up or lower my dose, and a bunch of other cool stuff he didn't mention. I'm 99.9 positive that I can still smoke too, which is good.

Anyway, at about 8:30 9AM (3 hours ago) I took my first dose, and they only have me 20mg.

I don't have a super high habit. $40 worth of dope a day, or sometimes I can get by a day with 30mg perk. I know you're all going to say that's soo low, and just deal with it, not on the done. Well I had a massive habit before that, and I've only gotten it down to that now. Plus I was on Suboxone for 2 years with a corrupt Dr. who cut me off cold turkey, so last few months been using again.

Regardless, how long does it take for the dose to hit you? I mean I feel a slight little opiate buz, but I get Kpins so that might be why.

Also, based on what I said, is 20 a super small dose? The lady said that I can either incremennly increase until it hits 80. That or 30 days, whichever comes first.

What are your guys thoughs on it?

Hey I have a quick question. Was just given 5mg methadone for extreme pain, I have a low tolerance of opiate (15mg percocet) so how will the methadone compare to hydrocodone/oxycodone?

Methadone = 5-10 mg ~ Oxycodone = 20 mg ~ Hydrocodone = 30 mg

5mg of methadone will make you feel something like 10-20mg of oxycodone, more likely on the higher end (so expect 4 percocets/20mg oxycodone/20-30mg hydrocodone until you know otherwise).

If it's your first time with methadone, expect it to take 1 hour and 30 minutes to kick in fully. Don't underestimate methadone, it is very potent.

Was it given to you by your doctor? What is causing your pain?

^Yea, possibly might take even longer than that to start becoming obvious that you're under its strong influence.

its effects start after about 1 hour tops. After an hour This effect increases. Then after another hour it increases a little more. And so on. And so on.

The higher you go debbideb the more unmotivated you may feel also...Im on 115mg and could sleep all day if i wanted to..I have to motivate myself alot to get things done...In fact so much so that ive only just yesterday started a taper...I feel like shit...I been on 115mg for 7 months and had enough..So just be aware debbideb..the higher the dose the less motivated you MAY feel...Notice i typed MAY feel...Im just giving my opinion and telling you how I feel on 115mg..Im female 5f 6i and weigh 56kg...I think weight is a factor on your dose as well as many other things like the amount of gear you used blah blah..But the person on 110mg may be male and larger than you....
Methadone is such a bullshit option for any addict. In all honesty its disgusting to think, why bupe, why methadone. Both are bad wd wise. I wise someone would get a fucking clue. Other options are better. Its stupid but Heroin Maintenance would work sooo much better, and easier to just kick.

Its stupid but Heroin Maintenance would work sooo much better, and easier to just kick.

As it certainly has proved itself to be in treatment resistant patients in certain countries with certain, shall we say, more enlightened, just and less draconian policies... Certainly I think there will always be some that find methadone most effective, other bupe, other heroin, etc. etc. But the more options available, the more chance each individual is able to find what works best for them, to say the least...