• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 2.0

First...I am not on it for pain... I do drink as much white grapefruit juice as I can find..lol...but I don't think it does much... Wishing you some peace in the next three weeks. If I find anything I will put it up... I'm sure others want the same answer...

Hello. Short and sweet. I'm on 40mg of methadone a day for chronic pain due to blood clots. While the methadone helps me stand, walk, and drive, I still walk around in 6 -10 pain scale. Thats way better than 8 or 9 which it occasionally gets to, like now. Without the methadone, I couldnt stand and would be bed-ridden. It is constant pain that keeps me up at night even though I take trazadone for sleep. My question is, can I do ANYTHING to potentiate the methadone? I've researched it online with sketchy results. Man, I really dont care what it is. I cant get into my pain dr for another 3 weeks and looks like Im stuck with 40mg methadone and thats it. No other options on obtaining anything else. Any hints or tips to intensify the methadone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

To affasd:

Im on 115mg of Methadone and I dont get high on ANYTHING ANYMORE!!!! I was given some 80mg oxycontin and went through 28 tabs ( in 24 hrs ) trying to get get high...No wonder people die! NEVER AGAIN....When i realised what id done, I would have been near screwed when i went to sleep...Its a wonder i woke up...It really scared me. I waited 24 hrs from my last dose too.. Be carefull mate...BE very fucking carefull...Life and death, there can be a fine line...

To affasd:

Im on 115mg of Methadone and I dont get high on ANYTHING ANYMORE!!!! I was given some 80mg oxycontin and went through 28 tabs ( in 24 hrs ) trying to get get high...No wonder people die! NEVER AGAIN....When i realised what id done, I would have been near screwed when i went to sleep...Its a wonder i woke up...It really scared me. I waited 24 hrs from my last dose too.. Be carefull mate...BE very fucking carefull...Life and death, there can be a fine line...

Yeah it's true, MMT makes it just impossible to get high. When I was on it, I was taking something Ike 95mg/day. I would shoot a whole bundle of fire dope, and not get high, though I would still get a rush. I couldn't even get a high from doubling up, or tripling my dose. IMO there's no such thing as shooting through methadone, unless you're on a very low dosage.

And yeah there is no reason ketamine would work.

IMO there's no such thing as shooting through methadone, unless you're on a very low dosage.

That's the key is tapering yourself down to a low dose after you get at least 2 week Takehomes. I was on monthly's for quite a few yrs and tapered myself down to half my clinic dose... then 5-6 times a month I would double up with a benzo or two [start low with the benzo because that could be dangerous] I also took a few shots of vodka sometimes which was good too. It is an individual thing though and doesn't work for everyone because they need their clinic dose to keep on the program. Also, not many [at our clinic] got to the 2 week mark much less the monthly. I didn't IV anymore after I got on MMT so I can't comment on that... but would think it would work similar?

Yeah totally, I imagine if you got yourself down to 15mg and stabalized at that dosage that you would be able to get high on methadone and other opioids, but I know at 90mg, it was just impossible. If more methadone doesn't get you high, there is no other opioid/opiate that will. I imagine that even taking something super strong like sufentanyl would just kill you from repertory depression.

The thing is that it's not really that methadone is the only opioid that can create this blockade effect. It works similarly to how if you have a heroin addiction and you're shooting a bundle a day, hydrocodone is not going to get you highl methadone just drives the tolerance so through the roof that euphoria can no longer be achieved by any opiate, because the receptors are just so saturated. This effect could theoretically happen with any opiate if you took constant insanely high dosages throughout the day. With methadone its just easier to achieve this tolerance blockade because methadone itself is so potent, and it also has such a long half life, that each dose you take accumulates upon the last one. 90mg of methadone will not block heroin if you don't take methadone regularly, ive taken that ammount and gotten high on two bags of dope 12 hours later. it's when your on a dose like that for an extended period that it creates the blockade because you actually have much more methadone accumulated than what is your daily dosage.

I could get high until i passed the 50 mark. now at 85 there is no chance. Did you mean that there is no reason why he would not feel the ketamine... I dont think mmt would effect it but i read somewhere that it would. also what about crystal...what effect would being on methadone have on smokin it. weird questions i know...
and ya i agree it's more about how long youve been on methadone instead of how much you take
why is it that i cant get a nice buzz from alcohol...

I could get high until i passed the 50 mark. now at 85 there is no chance. Did you mean that there is no reason why he would not feel the ketamine... I dont think mmt would effect it but i read somewhere that it would. also what about crystal...what effect would being on methadone have on smokin it. weird questions i know...
and ya i agree it's more about how long youve been on methadone instead of how much you take
why is it that i cant get a nice buzz from alcohol...

No methadone should not have any effect on smoking crystal. I could see it POSSIBLY interacting a little with ketamine as I thought I heard somewhere that k does effect some opiate receptor, not mu, but one of the other ones.

SplatChrome,
That sounds like a fucked up situation you got yourself in man. I would wait at least a few days before even beginning to taper with the remaining 60mg that you have. I'm taking it that you're not on maintenance as your intermittently using suboxone as well, but you've taken quite a lot of methadone in the past four days, and though I don't know how you metabolize it, you should probably be able to wait at least 36 hours without beginning to suffer acute withdrawal. The longer you wait the better, but you havnt left yourself too much meth to taper down with. Unfortunately I doubt that even if you did have tramadol that it would help that much, you're probably better off just doing an insanely rapid taper with the remaining methadone. I would try and wait fourty eight hours if possible (hah!so much easier said than done, I feel hypocritical even suggesting this,but it seems logical if you have the discipline) and then try and dose 20mg, 15 mg, 10 mg, 5mg, 5mg, 2.5 mg, 2.5 mg.(I think that adds up to sixty) I imagine by that time the half life would wear down to a point where you could transition back to the suboxone with relative ease. Alot easier said than done, and I sympathize with your situation, so good luck

I've been stupidly making myself WD on and off from oxy, bupe, kratom, amphetamine, gabapentin, tramadol, oxymorphone and clonazepam (all with burst of use) for the past 9 months or so. I'm just glad I got something to switch to to avoid WDing for an extended period like I have in the past. I hate the stupid choices I've made, but gotta deal with it as usual.

I got a few things I gotta take care of today and tomorrow, then I should be free to have a few rough days this up coming week.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR IMPUT! I love BL. No where else could you ask such questions and get such answers! XOXO On that subject...me and my husband have been on MMT for about 3 months... his sex drive was GONE. not like when we we on stuff or junk,...like GONE. he took his first shot of testosterone 6 days ago and tonight...lets just say...OMG he's back.. and when i say he's back./..I mean 'he' as in his 19 year old self....so if thats whats is holding back some guys from mmt...get the shots and your all good

No methadone should not have any effect on smoking crystal. I could see it POSSIBLY interacting a little with ketamine as I thought I heard somewhere that k does effect some opiate receptor, not mu, but one of the other ones.

SplatChrome,
That sounds like a fucked up situation you got yourself in man. I would wait at least a few days before even beginning to taper with the remaining 60mg that you have. I'm taking it that you're not on maintenance as your intermittently using suboxone as well, but you've taken quite a lot of methadone in the past four days, and though I don't know how you metabolize it, you should probably be able to wait at least 36 hours without beginning to suffer acute withdrawal. The longer you wait the better, but you havnt left yourself too much meth to taper down with. Unfortunately I doubt that even if you did have tramadol that it would help that much, you're probably better off just doing an insanely rapid taper with the remaining methadone. I would try and wait fourty eight hours if possible (hah!so much easier said than done, I feel hypocritical even suggesting this,but it seems logical if you have the discipline) and then try and dose 20mg, 15 mg, 10 mg, 5mg, 5mg, 2.5 mg, 2.5 mg.(I think that adds up to sixty) I imagine by that time the half life would wear down to a point where you could transition back to the suboxone with relative ease. Alot easier said than done, and I sympathize with your situation, so good luck

So I have a question for anybody who knows.
How long does it take for the withdrawal to set in?

Im on 120mg Methadone per day and have been on it for about a year and say I one day just cut it out completelly,
CT from 120mg's. How long would it take for WD's to kick in?

could someone plz tell me will taking mxe (methoxetamine) speed up or slow down methadone withdrawal? thanks :)

Does anyone know that if leaving liquid methadone in a cold car abt 30 degrees destroy it? I had to work after picking up my take homes and couldn't just bring my meds in and set it on my desk. Hoping I don't go into wd soon. I know on the web it says store at room temp but that's not posted by users (people that KNOW) thanks in advance!

From my experience I started getting uncomfortable abt 36-48 hrs after my last dose

Does anyone know that if leaving liquid methadone in a cold car abt 30 degrees destroy it? I had to work after picking up my take homes and couldn't just bring my meds in and set it on my desk. Hoping I don't go into wd soon. I know on the web it says store at room temp but that's not posted by users (people that KNOW) thanks in advance!

As long as the the seal wasn't broken and it was only in the car for 7-8 hrs... I don't think so as long as it didn't freeze.

http://www.uwhealth.org/healthfacts...lexMember-Show_Public_HFFY_1105646179457.html

http://www.methadonetoday.org/A9N11.pdf

A friend of mine keeps his in the fridge....I never knew why but it works fine for him. Cant see it changing it too much