• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 2.0

As long as the the seal wasn't broken and it was only in the car for 7-8 hrs... I don't think so as long as it didn't freeze.

http://www.uwhealth.org/healthfacts...lexMember-Show_Public_HFFY_1105646179457.html

http://www.methadonetoday.org/A9N11.pdf
I know when I was going to the clinic, they would put mu dose in a bottle then squirt what looked like water in after. I asked the nurse why they do that and she said they put preservatives in it.
Not to change the subject, but has anyone else noticed a difference between the red done and the yellow? Everytime I would guest dose out of state I would get the red stuff and it always made me sick.

Your body probably didn't like the inactive ingredients.

That, or it has to do with environmental tolerance.

CH could be right about the enviromental tolerance. I always found when I was on MMT that when I went to a hospital and they gave me the tablets, that it felt much stronger even at the same dosage. However in that case it could have just been that the pills broke down more efficiently. I don't really see how the added fruit punch could change the BA though.

Oral biovaliability for methadone can vary its not always so efficient like people try to quote. It can be as low as 50% depending on the gastrointestinal tract. I would think though that being in liquid form would help with absorption because the pills take a little bit of time to break down before the slow absorption. That is why I like to snort a filted soln of methadone. Hits in 15 mins and has a more constant BA

Figured I'd throw this in.

I just started on the clinic today (Was real easy, and quick to get into). I straight up told the Dr what was up, and my plans for the treatment and whatever. He was really chill aboubt it, saying that I can up or lower my dose, and a bunch of other cool stuff he didn't mention. I'm 99.9 positive that I can still smoke too, which is good.

Anyway, at about 8:30 9AM (3 hours ago) I took my first dose, and they only have me 20mg.

I don't have a super high habit. $40 worth of dope a day, or sometimes I can get by a day with 30mg perk. I know you're all going to say that's soo low, and just deal with it, not on the done. Well I had a massive habit before that, and I've only gotten it down to that now. Plus I was on Suboxone for 2 years with a corrupt Dr. who cut me off cold turkey, so last few months been using again.

Regardless, how long does it take for the dose to hit you? I mean I feel a slight little opiate buz, but I get Kpins so that might be why.

Also, based on what I said, is 20 a super small dose? The lady said that I can either incremennly increase until it hits 80. That or 30 days, whichever comes first.

What are your guys thoughs on it?

Figured I'd throw this in.

I just started on the clinic today (Was real easy, and quick to get into). I straight up told the Dr what was up, and my plans for the treatment and whatever. He was really chill aboubt it, saying that I can up or lower my dose, and a bunch of other cool stuff he didn't mention. I'm 99.9 positive that I can still smoke too, which is good.

Anyway, at about 8:30 9AM (3 hours ago) I took my first dose, and they only have me 20mg.

I don't have a super high habit. $40 worth of dope a day, or sometimes I can get by a day with 30mg perk. I know you're all going to say that's soo low, and just deal with it, not on the done. Well I had a massive habit before that, and I've only gotten it down to that now. Plus I was on Suboxone for 2 years with a corrupt Dr. who cut me off cold turkey, so last few months been using again.

Regardless, how long does it take for the dose to hit you? I mean I feel a slight little opiate buz, but I get Kpins so that might be why.

Also, based on what I said, is 20 a super small dose? The lady said that I can either incremennly increase until it hits 80. That or 30 days, whichever comes first.

What are your guys thoughs on it?

If you feel trapped on 30mg you are setting your self up for a disaster just considering going all the way up to 80mg on methadone. If you are trying to catch a buzz you'll learn quickly that there is a honeymoon phase and it becomes literally impossible to get high even if you double up your methadone dose.

It takes me like 1.5 hours when I used to dose.

Dude, if you keep your methadone dose low like no higher than 35mg you will end up getting higher from your dose than if you up it to 80mg. Watch out your clinic might kick you out for benzos. And yeah mine didnt technically allow weed but they didn't test for it becuase they knew everyone would be kicked out lol.

I dunno man it's really a bad decision to go from 30mg oxy daily to 80mg methadone daily PURPOSELY. If you have to get on methadone thats one thing.. dose accordingly..going to 80 is what most clinics want b/c its the theraputic dose that kind of blocks you from getting high off other shit(not really but it feels like that)

If you could get by on 30mg of oxycodone then you made a mistake getting on methadone to begin with. Suboxone would have been much better suited to your cause.

I would stay on a low dose, 30mg tops. The fact that 20mg is giving you a buzz is not surprising if 30mg of oxycodone can keep you straight. Methadone is a very powerful opioid.

When I first took methadone before I did maintenance, it took about 2 1/2 hours to hit me (which is pretty long), but when I was on maintenance, I began to feel it after 45 minutes (sometimes sooner if I drank coffee), and it peaked around three hours. Raising your dose will not result in a more euphoric or noticeable buzz. Perhaps if you could raise your dose from 20-50mg you might catch a real high, but a ten mg increase is not going to be too noticeable. I believe that if the 20mg keeps your comfortable, helps with your cravings, and lasts you 24 hours, there is no need to raise your dosage.

If you feel you need more, try not to go over 40mg. Pet a certain point, increasing your dosage of methadone does nothing but increase the duration of time the methadone stays in you (though that will level out after a week two), as well as raise your tolerance, so you'll have a harder time getting off of it. There is no dose, or drug for that matter, that will "cure" your cravings for heroin or oxycodone. Maintenance helps, but you got to put work into it too, to make it work out.

You really should try and keep your methadone dose as low as possible, but high enough so that you don't crave other opiates.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Just to be clear I wasn't saying I wanted to go from 30 oxy to 80 methadone purposely. Also, with a 30mg oxy a day I'm just saying that was the bare minimum to get through the day, and keep the withdrawals at a real minimum.

I have no intentions of upping it to a huge dose, I even told the clinic I want to keep it low on purpose. The benzo's have been ok'd by the methadone Dr. and I Wasn't told anything about weed, but I'm pretty sure that it's all good too.

Right ok I used to be VERY VERY experienced with Methadone. Here me out...... First off Methadone is dangerious UNLESS you're tolerent!!!! 15mg oral can KILL SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The doses I talk about below are because my tolerence is so huge, so I DO WORN PEOPLE HERE don't copy what I did.

I am UK here!!!!!!!! We have GREEN LIQUID that is syripy it's 1mg;1ml - theres no rush off Methadone orally unless you have a low-med tolerence then dosing more can even give you a buzz that lasts alll day, yum yum.

Right SUPERQUICK - I went onto methadone 40mg/daily - 1month clean then (just done) I grew a quick tolerence to it (no other opis) I tried to hold out as long as I could - I was close to using but chose to use a benzo ontop of my methadone which helped for another month off heroin. I grew more tolerent taking 40mg per 24hr - I remember waking at 8-9am and driving to my pharmacy for my dose and back, when I got back a bit later it was speedy and motivating (IT WASNT - it's just I was i wd after 24hr). I began using again, methadone morning and heroin night IV - dispite months of telling my DDU I needed upping I "waited till next week...." - over months habit grew I would do either my scripted 40mg+and anotherdose of 40mg+ or it would be Heroin IV. I abused Methadone a few times necking 150mg-200mg for an alright buzz and then using Midazolam snorted/ived(Xan, benzo, gbl I used sometimes insted of mid). The buzz was quiet nice doing this. Now I endedup still at 40mg(+GFJ/DPH/benzos) and anywhere from 4-6 bags of Heroin a day. I still never got upped 0 I waited 40-50mg every 12hr ideally and see from there. Now I went on holiday and all I had was 40 a day of tablets - Psyceptone brand 5mg x8.day - pills. They where burning to the mouth when crushed. My holiday was 2 week and what I did was this 50mg week1 and 30mg week2(+GFJ) - the first week was harder oddly. (h wd left my system?) Pills vs liquid? I pefer liquid it did seem to work a bit faster however pills can be shot (I was going to do this on holday but once I started I would do all of them.) Now Methadone oral UK green is for maintence as it can be measured easy and harder to abuse plus at pharmacies (SUPERVISED) you swallowed it so with pills they can be hidden. The pills I got for hols were 5mg but MARKETED for pain relief. I do see 20-40mg tabs in EU

I would say Heroin IV wd's are alot worse than Methadone Oral - Methadone you can drop 5mg per week or 10% a week IDK and control easier- Heroin carries alot of risk too being a street drug.

Heroin IV is more addictive than Methadone Oral
but dependencey is as bad with both

Now Methadone IV - this was unlike anything, I was unlucky enough to be able to get ampules sometimes each week off a guy I know, could get about 6x 20mg ampules back then per week (providing I gave the guy it in oral). Now I used a 2ml barrel and loaded 40mg into it and did the shot 2hr after oral so both hit, better than Heroin. However overtime Methadone IV made Heroin IV (and YES EVEN FUCKING PHARMACY GRADE DIAMORPINE or 70-90% gear) look a toy. I remember like it was yesterday and it's hard to explain it but I would get 6x 20mg amps now and again or sometimes just a couple and I had saved my weekend oral away. I remember slamming 40mg Methadone and saying "by lord that is truely amazing" - I lost control, and IVed another 40mg straight after then another - being on 120mg Methadone IV, was RUSHY AS FUCK and I mean not 30seconds like fucking' eroin. FROM then on I tried my best to get pills of Methadone or find a way to shoot it insted of oral which does nothing but "hold" - I even tried to see if they would script me it for 1-2 days. I had shot 240mg OxyContin IV which was nice but different - a head high. I did manage to get DIAMORPHINE 4x 10mg and still 40mg wasn't so good as I expected. (cancer leftovers :()

Now what is it with theses amps? you can't INJECT METHADONE RIGHT?

QUICKLY I will explain this - ORAL methadone is disigned just to HOLD people it's hard/impossible to shoot although I think there was biodone or a clear oral solution that was 1ml:10mg and people shot it in russia or somewhere - sadly can't do that in the UK so not really - tabs you can depending on them, WHY SCRIPT AMPS? Ok so 20+ years ago, when somene I know was heroin addicted they started Methadone treatment, they USED to do this swap you from H inj to Meth inj or Meth oral, it depends, at fist this person went straight onto 24/7 ampules then over time they weened them onto oral day by day - 20 year later when I knew the person he was on 40mg ORAL 5 days and 2 days were ampules - now the way the amp works is insted of 40mg it's 20mg morning and later on that day another 20mg. These amps where for SC/IM and NOT IV however you COULD IV them but they weren't licenced for that. They were given for needle fixations.

It does sound mad but I spoke with the person and without having them 2 days+ of amps, he'd use H still as it never fulfilled the needle buzz.

It was fun them days but I still had problems getting upped from 40mg and split dosing!!!! as Methadoe was decent at donig it's job!!! I, in the end moved to bupe and the doctor would let me decide more, I went to 16mg bupe - no then 24mg and tapered down to 16 and NOW stable and I plan of 4-8mg/day and then OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know if you will feel ketamine when your on methadone8(

Yes you will. However what methadone is it? maintence? then Ket ontop should be cool but if the methadone is recreation then heed warning.

Another thing DXM, K may help opi-wd and it can maybe prevent tolerence build.

My advice with Methadone is stay as low as possible 20-30mg this may be DO NOT INCREAASE so you get a buzz because that then levels out, However Methadone is VERY DIFFERENT person to person. In general IV'ers are best 60-120mg I believe (I heard over 60mg is where it is more effective but if you're on 10 and not using YAY - stay there.

Now as for the blocker of Methadone - I oraled 70ml and I shot 3 bags and it was alot beetter than normal but then again 70mg maybe my mmt so if I am on 40mg and shoot H, I shoot out of wds a bit and it does not climb as high.

THESE ARE WARNINGS! to HELP!

ANYONE WHO TALKS ABOUT METHADONE AND A DOSE PLEAS STATE WHAT IT WAS FOR? MMT, PAIN M or REC?

[SIZE=3[COLOR="#FF0000"]Remember if using for a buzz then Meth takes 1,3hr to peak so do not dose 20mg and 40mins more[/COLOR][/SIZE]

When the FEEL of METHA wears off it DOES still remain in your system (you may feel it for 6-8hr but that 40mg 24hr after ingesting you will have 20mg in you so redose another 40mg and it's like 60mg (this ignores the fact of BIOA

DO NOT MEASURE IN ML!!! MEASURE IN MG!!!! UK is 1:1 but somewhere else maybe 1ml:5mg and I think Methadone can be upto 1ml:80mg

In Swissland there Meth is NOT racemic it's the only ACTIVE isomer - basically 20mg would be 40mg of most other 'done![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Good warnings but kill the massive red font. 8( Adurrrhhh.

Last edited:
Red font is reserved for moderator/administrator use only, plus that is an eyesore.

Methadone is dispensed in clear liquid with a bitter taste by the US govt thru VA system. I was on it for 20+ yrs and went in once monthly to dose and they had fruit juice and water available at the window to mix if you chose. They also allowed benzo's if prescribed and weed if you didn't want takehomes. I knew dozens of addicts at the clinic and some IV'd occasionally but mostly told me it wasn't really worth it once you're on for at least a year.... I never tried it myself because needles were one of the main reasons I went on ORT in the first place. IMO you're playing with fire by shooting methadone especially if you aren't in maintenance and don't get the clear liquid or wafers that can be extracted. It's very possible to shoot yourself to death with it.

Methadone is dispensed in clear liquid with a bitter taste by the US govt thru VA system. I was on it for 20+ yrs and went in once monthly to dose and they had fruit juice and water available at the window to mix if you chose. They also allowed benzo's if prescribed and weed if you didn't want takehomes. I knew dozens of addicts at the clinic and some IV'd occasionally but mostly told me it wasn't really worth it once you're on for at least a year.... I never tried it myself because needles were one of the main reasons I went on ORT in the first place. IMO you're playing with fire by shooting methadone especially if you aren't in maintenance and don't get the clear liquid or wafers that can be extracted. It's very possible to shoot yourself to death with it.

I know. The Methadone was pharm and ampules. I agree it's it's DANGERIOUS. I had a HUGE tolerence though and YES you IME even on it for 20+ years oral mainly but some IV then you WILL GET A RUSH. The person I knew in MMT 5 day oral 2 day amps. I WAS CAREFUL using them but they are VERY ADDICTIVE makes oral done look stupid and heroin, IF YOU TRY IT then use like half your MMT ORAL DOSE and maybe go slow. I grew a huge tolerence though and I coud do 120mg IV (STUPIDLY HIGH DOSE) and it was miles better than 200mg ORAL.

Again I am OFF it all. on Subs though. 24/7 Metha IV for years - IMAGINE the WD from it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I guess the obvious first questions would be why you were banging the methadone... but don't worry, it's kinda a rhetorical question ;)

How was switching from methadone to suboxone?