Mental Health Meth To Treat ADHD?

Hey, just wanted to say that I’ve also been set medicating for about a year and a half with street meth. Just started taking Vyvanse, but compared to the low dose meth I’ve been doing, Vyvanse is not as good. I only decided to give a prescription a try because of the hassle I have finding a connect for the meth. Anyway, just wanted to say, I totally hear ya on this!

Thanks DSS, did you like Madonna in that movie? That was a good era “desperately seeking susan”!
Anyway, yeah I don’t like vyvance either. Went back to the psyc and told him I didn’t like it and that I’d done a session of psychedelic assisted therapy and that has helped me more than anything else, and it gave me exactly what I needed. I’m back on the meth when needed which surprisingly isn’t always. But this time around I have no guilt, but I agree it’s a fucking pain in tbe ass scoring, dealing with fuckers that need your business. But I’m happy with that. I’m doing another journey next Thursday so see how that goes, I bloody hate spending that much money on shit, but it’s hands down better than vyvance or the dexis the psyc gave me last time. Just doing what’s right for me.
Thanks for your message, hope your well and happy. Xx

Funny that Desoxyn excist's. It was labeled as medication with no value here long ago.

Methylphendidate and dextro-Amphetamine took over the role as ADHD/ Narcolepsy med's.

Thanks DSS, did you like Madonna in that movie? That was a good era “desperately seeking susan”!
Anyway, yeah I don’t like vyvance either. Went back to the psyc and told him I didn’t like it and that I’d done a session of psychedelic assisted therapy and that has helped me more than anything else, and it gave me exactly what I needed. I’m back on the meth when needed which surprisingly isn’t always. But this time around I have no guilt, but I agree it’s a fucking pain in tbe ass scoring, dealing with fuckers that need your business. But I’m happy with that. I’m doing another journey next Thursday so see how that goes, I bloody hate spending that much money on shit, but it’s hands down better than vyvance or the dexis the psyc gave me last time. Just doing what’s right for me.
Thanks for your message, hope your well and happy. Xx
Sounds like you’re on the right track! Good for you! I once came across a psychedelic assisted program years ago and wasn’t sure at the time what it was. But now I’ve been trying to find out how I can do it and I can’t find anyone that does it around here. Heard nothing but good about it. If you don’t mind me asking, where are you located?

Sounds like you’re on the right track! Good for you! I once came across a psychedelic assisted program years ago and wasn’t sure at the time what it was. But now I’ve been trying to find out how I can do it and I can’t find anyone that does it around here. Heard nothing but good about it. If you don’t mind me asking, where are you located?
I’m in Sydney

Has anyone here tried taking methamphetamine to treat adhd? There is a prescription called DESOXYN it’s methamphetamine hcl. I suffer from very low motivation to do things that I don’t find to be fun.

I’m thinking of asking my psychiatrist for a rx for desoxyn next visit. I tried various amphetamine based medication in the past and they all had horrible rebound side effects such as anxiety

I was wondering if any of you having any experiences with meth to treat adhd? If so how did it go?
From my understanding Desoxyn is only prescribed for ADHD and Narcolepsy in last resort cases. If you look through any posts of people who have tried to self-medicate using meth and it has always ended poorly for them.

If you do do this, you need to have a legitimate prescription. Using street methamphetamine just won't do.

Also, I have Narcolepsy and ADHD. I don't get a tolerance to stimulant medication. My meth tolerance goes up when I occasionally use it, but my dexamphetamine tolerance stays exactly the same regardless of the use of meth. I actually take an exceptionally low dose.

I honestly don't think you need prescription methamphetamine. I think there are probably other options to try which are less of an issue. You'd have to be highly monitored through your prescription and you'd have to deal with constant monitoring for abuse.

I just don't see the point of using the nuclear option where there are better and safer alternatives.

And I do hope you understand that medical professionals are very on to people faking ADHD to get stimulant diagnoses. I myself am halfway through my ADHD assessment (3/4 appointments) and I only have the second opinion left. Normally in Australia ADHD takes 3 sessions to diagnose. 1. A screening session, 2. An informal diagnostic interview and 3. An interview with parents and/or siblings. For me I have these plus an additional second opinion assessment due to prior known substance use and a history of bipolar with psychosis.

They're likely to be very reluctant to hit you with Desoxyn.

I had a desoxyn script at 40mg/day. Low dose meth is too dopaminergic and not adrenergic enough, I found it sleepy.

Overall, methamphetamine should work fine at low doses but using street crystal meth to "treat ADHD", almost withour exception, turns south rather fast.
In what way does street "crystal" differ from desoxyn, pharmacologically, that would lend itself to this less positive outcome?