MEGA - Studying, Exams, Stress, and coping with them

pulling a cute girl out of a hellhole hostage situation, motivates me more then enough, even when pay comes 7 months late and such....I'm flat broke, but fuck it, nothing comes close to that feeling.

PT, want a new job? Start here or here

If it is too tough to go and take a peek there to see what is available in your area, then you are more wrapped up in airing your complaints than you are about solving your own problems

The whole idea of grocery jobs is to get paid the most possible while working very little, talking to coworkers, eating food. And then, when you absolutely have to get something done, bust it out in an hour.
chill out. repeat.

Keep doing it right.
That is what I was thinking. Sounds like PT is doing a great job at it.

I was more asking on how to keep motivated. What other people do and what not. Not turn it into bitching about a job or who gets paid more. We all know the economy sucks and what not. I guess I had always said, at the least it can keeps me motivated in school because I don't want to work them forever that is at least a good thing.

ITT: Baaaaaaaaaaaawwwww

TG, I think u made a good point..

annalein yea ive been on a couple carpet installation jobs with my friend and my man, they used to work together, that shits a bitch.

^ it is backbreaking labor. I did it for about a year and it simply was not worth it even when you were getting double overtime at crazy high rates (in the bay you could hit 80 an hour if you were on overtime but usually I'd be at like 30). You'd get home after working from 7pm to 7am and your brain and body would be completely fried. Then you'd have to do it all over again.. horrible!!!

some ideas i can think of: listen to music if you have an mp3 player or cd player, text people, tell the manager you need some more help in your department, get one of your friends to apply to work at the store with you, have friends/bf come visit you at work, make yourself a to-do list so you can check off all you need to do, maybe switch to another department in the store? maybe its the routine of it all that's bothering you, try switching up the order you do things if you can. like go organize the back first before you go out and do the front.

Most of those are against store rules firefighter. They suck. And currently, they gave my department to a manager. She asked and they just gave it to her because she can be full-time. I'm not cause of school. I'm PISSED.
But I applied to the store in the town I actually live in and they hired me on the spot. Its at least work. Right now my motivation is I can't pay my freaking bills after that bitch stole my god damn job. I'm not fond of credit cards...

well maybe it's a blessing in disguise that they gave your job to someone else, you know? maybe at the new store there will be cooler coworkers. i find that one of the biggest motivators to go to work, even at the shittiest of jobs, is enjoying hanging out with your coworkers. i used to work at a shitty fast food restaurant with my best friend and we'd have a blast every day. i kinda miss that shit now. yeah the job sucked but we appreciated it for what it was ya know?

try and be as outgoing as u can and make relationships with your new coworkers. even if you dont really think they're your type. cuz then if you have this network of people you can small talk with at work, it makes it a little bit better.

what eDDe9 says makes sense to me.

i make $4 an hour bartending. seeing patrons come in as dollar signs helps.

it's heartbreaking when they sit for 4 hours and leave an 8% tip.
then i get angry, hope they drive into a ditch, and bust out the patron shots.

this kind of work is not meant to be rewarding. we do menial work or hard labor. we pay our bills. that' s about it.

i cannot wait until graduation!
4 dollar an hour? And your profile says you live in Florida.. is that even legal?

I'm really not too positive. I liked the position I had doing what I did. I just did my own thing and didn't have other people bothering me. Not that I don't like people. I just want someone hovering and always telling me oh you need to do it this or that way. I have my own system. Perhaps they will let me do, they said maybe 10 hours (I can stretch it with cleaning or organizing and not even on purpose) in the same health and beauty care department as the old store but its smaller and of course I'll have to get used to how THEY run things, ya know?

Its morning. I move slow. I never sleep well. Mondays are killer and its always a long day because I have nght classes after...

Its hard to set time goals because the size of crap I half to do depends on how much comes on the truck or how much someone fucked up my wall I put backstock on. Plus I'm pretty much my own boss, its rare that anyone gets on my case so I just end up doing whatever I want.

My job kinda sucks in the fact that I'm given a lot of time to think because its rather tedious. Mostly how much it sucks and how much I don't want to be there.

Plus the money isn't a motivator. I just pay car insurance, gas for my car and food (not like groceries but going and getting fast food or a pizza or whatever when I'm with the bf.)

Kinda sucks :(

If you spend all your time thinking "this sucks" then you will have a shit time and probably do shit work. Stop thinking about how much the job sucks. Seriously. What good does it do to think like that? Nothing.

Look. This is your job at the moment. Someday it won't be, but at the moment it is. So crush it. Get things done faster; look for ways to improve things; if you see something you can improve, talk to a manager about doing it. If you're dragging during the day, pack along a lunch to keep you going. You can be tired and still be motivated and do a good job.

Here's the odd thing. Start focusing more on how to crush it, how to keep your energy and balance during the day, and you'll feel more engaged, and find the days go by a little quicker. You might even find yourself more motivated for your night classes.

So, no excuses. Your motivation, enthusiasm, and mood are things in your control. Understand that.

change your job, try to find an activity (job) that will make you to work with a smile on your face, and I’m sure that you will be motivated and achievement will come by itself

What are your study habits?

Ok so i'm ADD, I feel like I have to be around a computer 24/7 so I can be the first person to see if theres a new lolcat picture up at lolcats.com
I seem like when I sit still I can't do shit!
At times I open my notes and highlight stuff, but I do that to look cool around the other student's.. I know this shit sucks, and I'm trying to get a engineering degree.
I'm taking elementary math(the class if you got a "1" on your ACT)
ENG 057 which is like learning about how spot the dog loves balls n shit.
College success, we learn about how to not do what I'm doing..

So my question to everyone is how did you sit down and do work? Like how are you able to discipline your self to do something??

thanks!

Are you asking about at home or during class?

I had this discussion with one of my professors earlier today, actually, in relation to my study habits, how I perform on tests, etc., and I seriously cannot read when someone is anywhere near me and when I'm alone, I can't read anything unless I have some sort of background noise, usually a TV. As far as at school, forget it.

snort about 10mg of focalin, and no music or anything if you really wanna ripp through your homework (or be super-focused during class, and love taking notes)