MEGA: Rap/Hip Hop DISCUSSION thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
some real hip hop is Tribe Called Quest and old school Wu Tang

135_b.jpg

some real hip hop is Tribe Called Quest and old school Wu Tang

135_b.jpg

im a big fan of wu-tang, and yes there better then lil wayne lol....i see meth and ghostface from time to time there all over staten island , ghostface owns 3 starbucks out here and some rib shack. meths pretty chill jus a reg dude always out with his son...but yeah wu is that shit

I'm looking forward to reading through this entire thread, but I just want to give a counterexample, Jedi Mind Tricks. I just got a mix cd with a track from these guys on it and they are ill. I have this impression that there's a lot of heavy, smart underground hiphop around these days, just due to my view on the times as well as other artists I've heard while around the person who gave me this mix.

But then again, I went to Rock the Bells this summer, and though I missed Immortal Technique, it basically felt like a 90's revival more than anything.

I'm looking forward to reading through this entire thread, but I just want to give a counterexample, Jedi Mind Tricks. I just got a mix cd with a track from these guys on it and they are ill. I have this impression that there's a lot of heavy, smart underground hiphop around these days, just due to my view on the times as well as other artists I've heard while around the person who gave me this mix.

But then again, I went to Rock the Bells this summer, and though I missed Immortal Technique, it basically felt like a 90's revival more than anything.

yes jedi mind tricks are ridicolous...i think vinnie paz has 1 of the illest on point flows around...and his wordplay is un-touched. if you get a chance tree... check this shit right here by vinnie paz and kool g rap..and canibus...not a big fan of bis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzjkAtQl7fo&feature=related

vinnie got the ill verse in that shit, hes always talking about muslim shit since obviously hes a muslim italian, but he contradicts himself...he says hes a true muslim, wants to visit mecca just mad shit...but on a dvd he was eating pork, drinking a 40 and blazin. i mean any1 with religion does what they do but i just find it funny but check that shits fire

oh and immortal technique is pretty good i like his style and originality

yes jedi mind tricks are ridicolous...i think vinnie paz has 1 of the illest on point flows around...and his wordplay is un-touched. if you get a chance tree... check this shit right here by vinnie paz and kool g rap..and canibus...not a big fan of bis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzjkAtQl7fo&feature=related

vinnie got the ill verse in that shit, hes always talking about muslim shit since obviously hes a muslim italian, but he contradicts himself...he says hes a true muslim, wants to visit mecca just mad shit...but on a dvd he was eating pork, drinking a 40 and blazin. i mean any1 with religion does what they do but i just find it funny but check that shits fire

oh and immortal technique is pretty good i like his style and originality

muslim italian?

muslim italian?

yes he grew up in philly, catholic..but spent alot of time at his muslim freinds house, read the qua ran and i guess wanted to get involved. but yeah, hes always talking some shit or dissing other religions. he is nice though

also when i was heavy into underground hiphop...it was a big rumor he converted to muslim to be more accepted in the rap game..dont know how but was confronted about it and didnt deny it...who knows why hes more accepted that way...personally IMO, whether your black or purple, jewish or a scientologist LOL, it dont matter as long as your on point and can ride a beat and can go hard on a track

example of vinnie paz rambling about shit..he is nice tho

I'm the American Taliban
I love my weaponary, it's from Japan
If I don't know you, don't converse with me just slap my hand
Or else your forcing me to cock it fucking back in blam
It ain't a loss to me, you soft as fucking bags of sand
I stay with the heavy metal like merciful fate
Until I see the separation of church and the state
They take advantage of dying lives and seldom
So fuck the liars and the lying liars who tell em'

And fuck everybody who say that I'm not on my D
And fuck the Catholics,who supported the Nazi regime
I'm the reason that logic in the philosophers dream
And the reason that I deposit a shot in your splean
And while you worry about the second coming of your Jesus
There's a connection to vaccines and other diseases

They hurtful procedures and use the tools well
Thats why they try to keep you from the water fuel cell
I feel like putting a gat to my dome
Cos they faggots and they liars like the Vatican throne

I bring the life into a track like I'm Lazarus Home
So never fuck around with me, I'm a statue of stone

Last edited:
army of the pharaohs is the shit. literally a hip-hop supergroup.

7L
Apathy
Celph Titled
Crypt the Warchild (Outerspace)
Demoz
Des Devious
Doap Nixon
Esoteric
King Magnetic
Jus Allah (Jedi Mind Tricks)
King Syze
Planetary (Outerspace)
Reef the Lost Cauze
Vinnie Paz (Jedi Mind Tricks)

shit cant be beat, ill rhymes and beats.

New rap/hip hop

Can anyone recomend so me some good rap/ hip hop around these days or at least within the last 10 years or so. Thanks

ask your friends who like hip hop, that's really the best source. word of mouth. go to some shows of an artist you already like.

or use the search feature.

wooo Drake comin out with some hot ish lately the nigga from toronto usually Im biased aginst canadian cats, and I know thats wrong so forgive me but I kno yall heard that suxxessful joint that b een all on the radio and his freestyle, dude goes "Ima kill the game and never send my condolences"lol he ripped it

I'm totally biased against some kid from degrassi, but he's ok. He should just avoid rapping about how hard his city is.

My rec for the past year has been Wale. I'm standing by that for now.

Lately i've been really into Wiz Khalifa.

Maybe I'm just biased though cause im from pittsburgh :p

I'm totally biased against some kid from degrassi, but he's ok. He should just avoid rapping about how hard his city is.

My rec for the past year has been Wale. I'm standing by that for now.

yea i know 8( Thats the one thing been keepin me doubtin a lil but his skills is aight, I do agree about that toronto shit, u see my post! See Sometimes I aint just hatin, u co signed me, canada cant get on that level lol....Toronto....Come to newark drake, But still real talk I am respectin his lil thing right now

And that new Wale joint is def. killin it I got to agree that one, but i really hate lady gaga, but the songs tight

A total agreement for once, me and u pander bear, the moon is in line with the planets or some shit??

Status
Not open for further replies.