• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Methods of Smoking

What method of smoking is your favourite?

• Joint (pure cannabis rolled in a paper)

Votes: 32 10.2%
  • Spliff (cannabis/tobacco mix rolled in a paper)

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Blunt (cannabis rolled in a tobacco wrap)

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Bowl (traditional pipe)

Votes: 52 16.5%
  • Bong (water pipe)

Votes: 100 31.7%
  • Waterfall/bucket/gravity bong

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Vaporiser

Votes: 47 14.9%
  • Hot-knives

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other (please specify in post)

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters
my dad smokes joints lol except when he gets low - it's like a luxurious way to smoke or something.

i was always a bong person, for the rush, joints were too mellow. Then turned into a volcano user and after that - there's no beating it for efficiency, if you want to smoke a joint (better yet a splif) as a social thing that's cool but in terms of getting high, the volcano has it down.

I love rolling my weed. Theres something about crafting yourself a good joint or blunt that I find incredibly satisfying.%)

i get high every which way. joints, bongs, electric vapes, dabing vapes... oh my. each has its place.

I do smoke joints, but I rarely, stress rarely, smoke blunts of cigarillos. No need unless you got some absolute schwag or too many talking heads.

I only Smoke Joints and Blunts when i got more than an Ounce ;)

Bong or Bubbler is the rule

I'm not poor and prefer to share a nicely crafted spliff with friends around a BBQ or campfire and while sitting on the edge of a cliff after a long walk in nature. Bongs are ghetto and not very practical if you plan on leaving your lounge room.

The only way I smoke is spliffs. All my friends hate me for it bc Iive in the USA. But if u mix ur weed with tobacco and cut it all down really fine and throw a big paper at the end, the spliff smokes slowly bc of the tobacco and I can smoke it all the way to the filter/paper. When I am done I can throw it out and there is no evidence. Bongs always grossed me out bc they get stinky and my friends never cleaned them. I am paranoid so I like to be rid of all evidence after smoking, spliffs r THE way to go.

Not to mention people respect you more for having good rolling skills. U can always be the designated roller and hit someone else's weed jus for helping them out!

At home I smoke from different pipes. But when I am out in public/ at work i always prefer smoking a joint..its so much easier than to carry around a pipe or whatever.

i recently lost one of my best friends...my thick ass HVY 4 tree perc bong with nice diffuser down stem and beautiful slide. the bong broke and when the assking dickmonster cops where i live insisted on going through my car they found the slide and down stem, which were dirty....i was saving for when i got a new piece. long story short they are changing me with poss of a CDS lmao...anyways

bong for sure. i had a tiny little toro slide too that was a perfect one hitter kind of thing. my sister for some reason only smokes blunts and pipes, never rolls j's. i keep telling her, all that bud could roll like 3 decent j's. i think ill always love smoking j's bc its the first thing i smoked and got high off of.

Historically, I have broken so many pipes and bowls. I got attached to them sentimentally, especially since I knew some of the creators or some of my glass, but only to be disappointed by breaking them or losing them. I stopped buying glass for the evidence reason as I live with non-smokers and smoked only joints for years. However, recently trying to get heavily back into weed and less into heroin I did recently last weekend buy a chillem. And a dub sack can last me for a week with a chillem, but only is good for 2 joints

How is a dubsack only 2 joints? Unless your terminology is different from here a dub sack will be 2 grams. If its some bomb stuff I guess you may end up with as low as 1.5gs (you know how everyone is selling .7's and .8s for 10 these days..). If its good stuff a .3 will get me ripped, if its garbage weed ill smoke as much as .5, but never would I need to smoke a gram to my face.

I actually forgot about this thread, I'll comment on some more posts later.. I've got a number of PMs and threads to catch up on 8(

Good to hear I'm not the only one, and I appreciate the well thought out lengthy posts!

yea i know price isnt allowed but a dub sack most places (least in bmore is a g, maybe a few points more. would be great if it were 2)

It seems like these days everyone online has fancy pipes, bongs, vaporizors, and all sorts of new fangled electronic gadgets for smoking, these new titanium nail contraptions with induction heating for 'budder' and so on and so forth.. I feel left out, like I am the only person in the world who enjoys smoking a nice joint. And it goes further than that, there is something to be said for the art of rolling a nice joint - I know some people don't care, but I do. Its a great reward to break up the weed by hand, rolling to perfection a joint that not only pulls perfectly but is as aesthetically pleasing as the bud itself..

Now, maybe its because I can't smoke indoors (landlords would not be pleased to say the least) that I haven't come to embrace the bong. It would be nice to smoke a little nug here or there rather than rolling a spliff and having to out it (or rolling a girly pinner), but I feel so much is taken away from the experience that way, and I've never really liked bongs. Too much smoke at once for me.. I enjoy smoothly drawing in my smoke and exhaling smoothly.. not inhale to my maximum capacity and then exhale like I'm dying for a breath of fresh air.. nah, not for me.

There seems to be the argument that bongs are a cleaner smoke, well, that I can agree to only if the bong and the bowl are perfectly clean and the water is fresh.. most peoples bongs arent, and even with clean water, they have a smell and I can very well taste it.. nevermind the bowl that has cakes of dark resin and so on. Does the thin paper from a zigzag or a nice rizla silver really make that much of a difference? I've never personally noticed it..

Pipes fall into the same category, and their smoke is usually too hot for me, which is strange because by the same logic a joint should be 'hot' as well, but its just not.

As far as vaporizors go, well, those are a whole other ballgame and to me take the joy out of smoking entirely out of the equation.. Id use one as a novelty kind of thing, but I dont smoke endlessly all day which means I cannot justify the cost, and I don't really need the benefit of the 'clean' smoke..

Perhaps its just where and how I grew up. We always smoked blunts or joints.. no one had bongs really.. was never a thing for us. In other areas bongs are the golden standard and rolling is looked down upon.. I can't understand people that cannot roll.. it just seems to integral to the marijuana experience to me.

Anyone else just like rolling a nice joint?

I love a good joint/blunt but they do eat up your weed stash quicker ! Typically I won't smoke more than one joint or blunt in any given day and usually I am sharing that spliff/blunt. They are defo more of a social thing to me than a bong/vape. Plus the whole 'rolling ceremony' is nice haha. :D If I had more weed I'd smoke more of them though, no question.

In my experience I've almost never been around people who simply roll joints, they virtually always roll spliffs. As for my dislike of them, I don't like the feeling tobacco gives me, I seem to be very sensitive to nicotine, and I always want way more weed than tobacco. I'm surprised more people haven't said this, given that I feel like I've been around multiple, diverse groups of people (in US and Europe) who almost always roll spliffs.

Or I guess most people like nicotine more than me.

Last edited:
joints just dont really do anything overly well compared to other forms of ingestion for me to bother rolling them

they burn faster than blunts
dont get me as stoned as bongs
more unhealthy than vaporizing

doesnt leave much incentive to buy a pack of papers

I guess the fact that you dont have to gut anything is a plus, but once you do it for the 40 thousandth time its just like blowing your nose really, you just do it

joints are fun but not economical. Rolling pinners though is usually a good option when on the go or something.

I don't smoke right now, but it was usually glass bowls/blunts with friends and id roll joints when by myself. Wood pipes are fun by yourself. But only by yourself or with shwag with other people cuz theres no way to half or quarter the greens really

I've never really been a fan of bongs or zongs though smoked thousands of them. I can't really get down with the whole roar water pipe with an incense match light off medical in a grinder. Too phished out for me. lol.

If your a straight forward stoner then yea bongs and whatnot, but once your on the go or tripping or all over the place nomadic a one hitter in a keef box is the smartest. A lot of people wasting massive amounts of weed could probably get a whole lot higher from carefully timed one hitters. but who knows.

1cc07c0c224926fa277b3de0be8c44c1.jpg

Last edited: