• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Methods of Smoking

What method of smoking is your favourite?

• Joint (pure cannabis rolled in a paper)

Votes: 32 10.2%
  • Spliff (cannabis/tobacco mix rolled in a paper)

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Blunt (cannabis rolled in a tobacco wrap)

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Bowl (traditional pipe)

Votes: 52 16.5%
  • Bong (water pipe)

Votes: 100 31.7%
  • Waterfall/bucket/gravity bong

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Vaporiser

Votes: 47 14.9%
  • Hot-knives

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other (please specify in post)

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters
doubtful on the odor free too- if it truly is, it probably doesnt actually work

i imagine it would smell like a vape would- e.g. smells less but still definitely has a smell

not sure if it works, but all you have to do is find out what your ecig temps get to and if theyre high enough it would

Sorry Seyer for having to make you move this!

I thought to myself like yeah sure, e-cigs just replace a few things, sure, POSSIBLE, but the odour?!

I mean we all know that smoke with a bit of mary in it has a bit of a whiff! (bongs smell like daisies 8))

Salutations AfterLyfeStyle,

...E-cigs... Just wondering if anyone else...

My HerbalAire failed after 25 months and i do not wish to get it repaired even while still under warranty. Worse, my Arizer V-Tower joined it in a dusty corner after 1 month of use: e.g. it would be accurate to say those two table vaporizers ended up being abandoned by me...

I don't feel like explaining the underlying reasons but you can bet no e-Cigs will ever even compete with that, imagine becoming my main driver!

Yet a simple affordable modded pipe has...

Go figure!

:|

I can't believe the massive international culture of vaporizers. It's absolutely massive everywhere but Australia. Land of the bongs and Sunnyvale mate.

Basically a giant pipe known as a "crippler". It's made out of a large bit of bamboo all cleaned out, none of the flaky stuff and all chambers of the bamboo hollowed out. You add a couple of holes at one end and have the open end of the bamboo . One person drives the shot/hole and lights the cone/bowl the other inhales from the open end. All kinds of shits and giggles occur using this device. You can do a massive blowback with this thing strait into the other persons lungs!!

Basically a giant pipe known as a "crippler". It's made out of a large bit of bamboo all cleaned out, none of the flaky stuff and all chambers of the bamboo hollowed out. You add a couple of holes at one end and have the open end of the bamboo . One person drives the shot/hole and lights the cone/bowl the other inhales from the open end. All kinds of shits and giggles occur using this device. You can do a massive blowback with this thing strait into the other persons lungs!!

As much as I hate steamrollers, these sounds pretty legit.

The 1st bong I ever owned (1971) was bamboo with a bamboo stem at the bottom. The bowl was an inverted thimble with a hole punched-out at the bottom (or top of the thimble). We were smoking the little Thai-Sticks with the mini-nugs entwined around a hemp stick.

vaping weed vs smoking

Since I quit smoking tobacco 5 years ago I have still every now and then had the odd spliff but no where near like I used to because I just hate the feel of smoking now I enjoy the weed high but don't like the feel of the smoke on my lungs like I used to and it puts me off.

I have heard about vaporizers and was wondering how much different it is to smoking?

If I'm home I'm almost always smokin out of a bong or a bubbler . But when I'm out and about or at a festie joints blunts apples and chillems.

smoking-vs-vaporizing.png

Apologies if this has already been posted everywhere. Nice compact source of information.

Smoking destroys a big percentage of the cannabinoids through pyrolysis -as much as 50%- before they're even inhaled.

Vaporizing doesn't have that problem, but not all of the cannabinoids are vaporized even in ideal conditions (even with a vaporizer that lets you adjust the temp). You can and should use the 'vaped' weed to make cannabutter or something else afterwards.

What I don't agree with is people saying that holding the smoke in the lungs for say, 20-30 seconds, doesn't increase the effects. It does.

Quoting from Robert Connell Clarke in page 270 of "Hashish": "Smoke is ofter exhaled before most of the THC in the smoke in the lungs can be absorbed by the bloodstream. The smoker might not hold the hit for 20-30 seconds, exhaling too soon or coughing. Smokers rarely absorb a majority of the THC that is in a toke." (end of quote)
There's at least a scientific study I've seen before that backs that up.

And there's at least 4 decades of stoner folklore saying that holding the smoke for longer increases the effects. Folklore isn't always right, but in this case it is.

Sure, smoking and holding in nicely coats your lungs with tar. If you're that health-conscious or anal-retentive about getting high you probably shouldn't smoke anyway and there are other better ways for you of getting there (eating, vaporizing).
Me, I don't give a fuck about that because I smoke tobacco anyway which is much worse than weed in coating the lungs with tar. It would be like me pigging out on 2 super sized McD's menus a day but ordering Diet Coke.

What I don't agree with is people saying that holding the smoke in the lungs for say, 20-30 seconds, doesn't increase the effects. It does.

Quoting from Robert Connell Clarke in page 270 of "Hashish": "Smoke is ofter exhaled before most of the THC in the smoke in the lungs can be absorbed by the bloodstream. The smoker might not hold the hit for 20-30 seconds, exhaling too soon or coughing. Smokers rarely absorb a majority of the THC that is in a toke." (end of quote)

Yet the above chart says "95% of the THC in cannabis is absorbed in the 1st few seconds of inhaling". After 44 yrs of toking, I don't notice any big difference if I hold a hit for 5 seconds or 25 seconds. I just do the 10 second inhalation & it's stonesville for my senior citizen cerebellum.

Smoking blunts is the best way for me. Joints get too messy when it comes down to the end of it. I very very very much love tobacco so I dont use bowls, bongs, vaporizers that much.

Do yourself a huge favor...quit tobacco ASAP. An old pal of mine (friends for 50 yrs) just died from lung cancer on his birthday. Is that some shit or what?:(

Yet the above chart says "95% of the THC in cannabis is absorbed in the 1st few seconds of inhaling". After 44 yrs of toking, I don't notice any big difference if I hold a hit for 5 seconds or 25 seconds. I just do the 10 second inhalation & it's stonesville for my senior citizen cerebellum.

If you haven't noticed, the above chart is all tilted towards the use of vaporizers (which the guys -WeedMaps- that made up the chart make a living off, promoting them in $ocial network$).

The MAPS people -but for all their fault$ they are still very nice people- have sold the idea of vaporization like it's the solution to a purported problem that hasn't been known to exist: that weed smoking causes emphysema or lung cancer (no proof of that yet. But science may change. It always does).

Meanwhile, scare tactics will always be a good marketing technique as long as people drink up the Kool-Aid.

Naturally they only reference internet links that promote vaporizer use.

If you're following me thus far you'll probably see I believe the above chart to be B.S.
Because I understand the motivation behind that rationale. Which is... money.
Or maybe because I'm attached to the idea that "the old ways are still the better ways".

Sure, 10 seconds inhalation is effective in getting you/me/we to Stonesville, as opposed to 0.01 seconds inhalation. Or 3 seconds inhalation.
But is it optimal?

I stand by my statement -and it's not my statement alone- that holding weed smoke (not weed vapor) for longer than the typical toke, which is around 3 seconds, gets you more bang from your buck, so to speak. That it's more optimal to hold for 20-30 seconds instead of the typical 3 seconds. And also more optimal than "your" 10 seconds, which I'm certain you enjoy in anticipation of a great trip, like you should... like we should.

When people start playing up the dangers of smoking weed as opposed to vaporizing it, I suddenly stop listening or reading with the same amount of attention. It's the same thing every time I realize they are only after my fucking money, to spend on some new fangled gadget.
When MAPS started, vaporizers where a new fangled gadget. Now that the housewives of America have a marihuana medical card, and even haaardcore stoners have jumped on the vaporization bandwagon, vaporizers are a multi-million dollar business.

/rant off

Last edited:
Its summer here and Im about to start toking again. Ahh I miss the days fiddling around with bongs and j's