• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Making hash/kief/cannabis extracts

NSFW:
That product looks very tastey.

I make iso oil sometimes it's really good stuff. Your evaporation time seems afully long though not that it matters since the alcohol blocks the light from degrading the thc. Mine usually drys overnight. I just point a portable fan dirrectly to it.

Heres some of my iso hash I made.

NSFW:
bha.jpg

bh72.jpg

bh8.jpg

bh9.jpg

Those bullet-shaped electric coffee grinders are great for grinding the bud into a fine powder.
This style of coffee grinder is actually exactly what I use to get the bud into a very fine powder as you describe.

NSFW:
That product looks very tastey.

I make iso oil sometimes it's really good stuff. Your evaporation time seems afully long though not that it matters since the alcohol blocks the light from degrading the thc. Mine usually drys overnight. I just point a portable fan dirrectly to it.

Heres some of my iso hash I made.

NSFW:
bha.jpg

bh72.jpg

bh8.jpg

bh9.jpg
Thanks man. Your fan idea is a perfect compromise for people who don't want to cook it, yet don't want to wait over a week for evaporation as my recipe calls for. Excellent idea.

Easiest way to scrape that shit up- get your blade wet, your fingers and the pan.

the oil is hydrophobic and it wont stick to wet stuff.

i even put a bit o water in my vials to make it easy to get all the oil out at the end.

BHO

what you'll need:
1. herb (any amount will do, i used to do little 1/8th oz of headies runs all the time n would return .5-.7 of oily goodness,
2. stainless steel turkey baster, the ones at bed bath n beyond are perfect (by the way, SS is important, dont use PVC, dont use copper cuz its highly reactive, use Stainless steel or glass if u can get someone to blow u a tube)
3. #4 unbleached coffee filters
4. zip ties
5 PYREX pie dish ( just be safe n get pyrex cuz if u get the cheap ones then they can breakc undewr extreme temps n butane comes out cold as shit
6. butane, use good butane, this is important, use something that is atleast refined 3x where 4x and 5x are preferable, dont go down to the gas station n get a can of ronson, ronson sucks and if i use it ur product will come out with a sulphur/rotten eggs smell
7. razors

i prefer VECTOR myself but i have used others, just go to a good cigarshop or online n get butane worth the money

Preperation:
this is personal preference, some prefer to run whole nugs n some grind it up, the thinking is that whole nugs produces a better product but u yield slightly less n grinded nugs yield a slightly lower quality but slightly more of it, however by slightly i do mean slightly, some people find the differences negligable

Exctraction:

1.load up your SS turkey baster, usually hold about a 1/4 Oz
2. GO OUTSIDE, dont open a window n say fuck it, butane is very heavy n lingers low to the ground n sometimes doesnt get wafted out the windows
3 cut the coffee filters down to size, you dont need alot hangin over the edge cuz the filters are gonna absorb some of the oil so its best to use only what u need, then zip tie the pieces of filters to the large open end of the baster
4. get ur butane n put one of the according nozzle attachments into the small end of the baster
5. push down let it run through and be caught in the pie dish, watch the product as falls, u wont need a hole can of butane if ur just doin an 8th run so watch the product n determine when u wanna stop
6. evape pie dish (the purge) ok there are many different techniques for purging, purging is where the boys are seperated from the men, anyone can make oil, but good oil requires someone with enough know how n experience to purge properly, im not goin to get into the different techniques but would rather defer you to the place i learned tokecity.com is a create hash website a( i find its rather lacking in others areas of MJ discussion tho) but its top not in terms of hash methods, look for Hashmasta-kuts purging methods n BHO methods n you'll be set, there are other great posters there but hashmasta is well,,,, the hash masta

whats did that wiegh out to wo1lfy?

hey man sorry i kinda made it short n i started out slow n tryin to do it right but i just got a call to go n cop so i gotta run, ill try n come back later n spiff it up a bit

if anyone wants me to clear anything up i will

EDIT: k, back now. i re-read thru it n i think covered the basics i would go into more detail about the little nuances of doing certain things but i dont want this to turn into an essay and i also dont wanna confuse people who are just tryin to learn and or just want a simple procedure to follow, but like i said when i was gettin into a hurry u can always refer to the hash master over at tokecity.com

Last edited:
Nice recipe! I'll try to find a good mega-cooking thread to merge this into, def don't wanna close it and let let sink into the abyss to be pruned.

Or I might get lazy

why would u merge it into a cooking thread

this is a hash oil specific thread n there are lots n lots of people who smoke their oil, not eat it

This style of coffee grinder is actually exactly what I use to get the bud into a very fine powder as you describe.

Thanks man. Your fan idea is a perfect compromise for people who don't want to cook it, yet don't want to wait over a week for evaporation as my recipe calls for. Excellent idea.

i cook my ISO to evape it just cuz iso takes longer then 'tane, i just put the oven on the lowest temp which happens to be 170 farenhiet

wolfgang for CD mod '11
feels good man
whats did that wiegh out to wo1lfy?
Nice recipe HoL! Thank you for posting!

I usually get .8 grams for every eighth but that's using at least 14 grams and using iso. That number can change rather dramatically* just by leaving the solution sit in alcohol longer. Which makes me think...

Is it possible for you to control the potency and weight with butane like you can with iso?

*Edit: To clarify the "dramatic" change in weight--leaving the solution in the alc for hours and/or days is the requirement. You can double the weight simply by doing so. Obviously the more potent product is of higher quality and doing this is generally a bad idea...

Last edited:
feels good man

Nice recipe HoL! Thank you for posting!

I usually get .8 grams for every eighth but that's using at least 14 grams and using iso. That number can change rather dramatically* just by leaving the solution sit in alcohol longer. Which makes me think...

Is it possible for you to control the potency and weight with butane like you can with iso?

*Edit: To clarify the "dramatic" change in weight--leaving the solution in the alc for hours and/or days is the requirement. You can double the weight simply by doing so. Obviously the more potent product is of higher quality and doing this is generally a bad idea...

not really with butane cuz the only time the bud is "sitting" in butane the way bud sits in alcohol is when the butane passes thru the tube so whats collected is collected n what isnt, isnt

where as with ISO, like u said the longer u leave the bud in the ISO the more weight u will get but thats why its called QWISO, quick wash ISO, only 30 seconds to a minute is needed and anything longer then a minute n a half is just pulling out plant starches chlorphyl n all sorts of shit thats makes it taste funny n less potent

not really with butane cuz the only time the bud is "sitting" in butane the way bud sits in alcohol is when the butane passes thru the tube so whats collected is collected n what isnt, isnt
This is what I was thinking because BHO is more consistently potent. When done well, QWISO gives BHO a run for it's money, but overall I would say BHO is more potent. It's a trade off for the fire hazards involved with BHO I suppose.

heres my method get 1 ounce or bone dry leaf grind it all up. get 99% alchole isiolprol (<<<spelling lol) put the ground up leave u=in a glass jar pour the alchole over the powder so it just covers it shake the shit out of it for 20mins then set it in a dark cool place for 24 hours shaking the jar each hour or 2.
the next day get the liquid and pour it through a coffie filter into a stainless stele boul then get a hot plate put water in it a heat it up then put the stainless stele boul in the water so its floating in the water then leave it for about a hour come back and taadaah ur left with about 2 grams of fucking tits hash oil :p

Easiest way to scrape that shit up- get your blade wet, your fingers and the pan.

the oil is hydrophobic and it wont stick to wet stuff.

i even put a bit o water in my vials to make it easy to get all the oil out at the end.
^^ Excellent PROTIP Arob! I just tried this myself just getting my fingers wet, and wouldn't you know I was able to load the bong with no sticky residue left on my fingers! Thanks man!

Thanks for pointing me to this thread Wolf, you da man!
You're welcome

heres my method get 1 ounce or bone dry leaf grind it all up. get 99% alchole isiolprol (<<<spelling lol) put the ground up leave u=in a glass jar pour the alchole over the powder so it just covers it shake the shit out of it for 20mins then set it in a dark cool place for 24 hours shaking the jar each hour or 2.
the next day get the liquid and pour it through a coffie filter into a stainless stele boul then get a hot plate put water in it a heat it up then put the stainless stele boul in the water so its floating in the water then leave it for about a hour come back and taadaah ur left with about 2 grams of fucking tits hash oil :p
So you made a double boiler to evaporate the alcohol? How difficult is it to scrape the oil off of stainless steel?

This thread is for people to post their Hash Oil recipes, and to ask questions about how to make specific types of hash oil.

Here is my ISO Hash Oil recipe:
NSFW:

ISO Hash Oil

You will need:
14 grams of flower (DA HERB)
16 oz of 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
1 mason jar/glass jar with lid
2 coffee filters
1 rubber band
1 glass pot
1 piece of paper
1 razor blade

Preparation:

Make sure you have 99% Isopropyl alcohol, anything less than 99% will not be medicinal. Do not be anywhere near open flames.

Grind up the flower as fine as you can get it, and place the ground flower inside the mason jar.

Extraction (5-10 minutes):

Pour the isopropyl alcohol into the jar with the ground flower, until the flower is completely submerged in the alcohol. You only need just enough alcohol so the flower is submerged in the liquid; no more and no less. Put the lid back on the jar tightly.

Shake the jar vigorously for 1-3 minutes.

Take the lid off of the jar and place the two sheets of coffee filter on top of the jar. Wrap the rubber band around the coffee filter and mouth of the jar twice, so that the coffee filter is securely fastened to the mouth of the jar.

Turn the jar upside down to pour the extraction out of the jar, through the coffee filters and into a glass pot. This process will take about 10 minutes, so just wait until all of the liquid has drained out of the jar and into the glass pot. Some shaking of the jar will aid to speed this process up, this is why you want to make sure the rubber band is holding the contents of the jar securely.

Evaporation (1-3 weeks):

Now that the hash oil is bound to the alcohol and in the glass jar, it's time to evaporate the alcohol off. Take a sheet of paper and cut several small holes in it and place it on top of the glass pot. Place the glass pot on a window seal which gets a good amount of sunlight. Wait until ALL of the alcohol has evaporated; this takes anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks to accomplish. The paper on top of the glass is to prevent dust and/or bugs from getting inside the mixture and contaminating it.

Other methods: Some people like to use an electric stove to speed the evaporation process up. I find that using natural evaporation makes the hash oil taste better than cooking it. Cooking the alcohol can sometimes also burn the hash oil, rendering it less potent.

Product:
NSFW:
hashoil.jpg

Depending on the quality of flower used and length of time the flower is submerged in the alcohol (more time=less potent), you now have a concentrate containing ~40-70% THC, weighing in at ~3 grams. Now that the hash oil is made, place it in a cool room or a refrigerator to store it. The colder temperatures cause the oil to harden, making it easier to cut it up with a razor blade and placed wherever needed. I usually place some oil on top of a loaded bowl/bong and set it on fire. But that's not the only way to use it.

Many people like to:

-Smoke it
-Vaporize it
-Cook with it (edibles)
-Cure cancer (http://www.bluelight.ru)/vb/showthread.php?t=516740

Nice!! Never tried this one.

I'll boil that shit though on my electric stove - fuck waiting for weeks. That's even worse that waiting for DMT-saturated naptha to evap. aiiii

BHO

NSFW:
what you'll need:
1. herb (any amount will do, i used to do little 1/8th oz of headies runs all the time n would return .5-.7 of oily goodness,
2. stainless steel turkey baster, the ones at bed bath n beyond are perfect (by the way, SS is important, dont use PVC, dont use copper cuz its highly reactive, use Stainless steel or glass if u can get someone to blow u a tube)
3. #4 unbleached coffee filters
4. zip ties
5 PYREX pie dish ( just be safe n get pyrex cuz if u get the cheap ones then they can breakc undewr extreme temps n butane comes out cold as shit
6. butane, use good butane, this is important, use something that is atleast refined 3x where 4x and 5x are preferable, dont go down to the gas station n get a can of ronson, ronson sucks and if i use it ur product will come out with a sulphur/rotten eggs smell
7. razors

i prefer VECTOR myself but i have used others, just go to a good cigarshop or online n get butane worth the money

Preperation:
this is personal preference, some prefer to run whole nugs n some grind it up, the thinking is that whole nugs produces a better product but u yield slightly less n grinded nugs yield a slightly lower quality but slightly more of it, however by slightly i do mean slightly, some people find the differences negligable

Exctraction:

1.load up your SS turkey baster, usually hold about a 1/4 Oz
2. GO OUTSIDE, dont open a window n say fuck it, butane is very heavy n lingers low to the ground n sometimes doesnt get wafted out the windows
3 cut the coffee filters down to size, you dont need alot hangin over the edge cuz the filters are gonna absorb some of the oil so its best to use only what u need, then zip tie the pieces of filters to the large open end of the baster
4. get ur butane n put one of the according nozzle attachments into the small end of the baster
5. push down let it run through and be caught in the pie dish, watch the product as falls, u wont need a hole can of butane if ur just doin an 8th run so watch the product n determine when u wanna stop
6. evape pie dish (the purge) ok there are many different techniques for purging, purging is where the boys are seperated from the men, anyone can make oil, but good oil requires someone with enough know how n experience to purge properly, im not goin to get into the different techniques but would rather defer you to the place i learned tokecity.com is a create hash website a( i find its rather lacking in others areas of MJ discussion tho) but its top not in terms of hash methods, look for Hashmasta-kuts purging methods n BHO methods n you'll be set...

ma nukka ;)

love BHO - mindblowingly easy to extract.

the only problem i could think of is that sunlight degrades thc, might it be better to use a fan blowing on the mixture?
phenethylo said the alcohol stops the light from degrading the thc? but how would that work? where did you figure out this information? im just curious about your sources--not trying to say its not true, im just wondering

Last edited:
^ From personal experience, I have not noticed a degradation in THC when using sunlight as the evaporation method. The piece of paper placed on top does prevent direct sunlight from hitting the solution, but as I said I have not noticed a degradation at all using this method. If you want to use a fan instead, I think that's a great alternative, but you are still going to have to worry about dust/dirt particles being blown into your solution, contaminating it.

I personally do not believe one method listed here is consistently superior to another when it comes to evaporation. Each method has something to consider when keeping a level of quality to the hash oil. It comes down to personal preference.

Nice!! Never tried this one.

I'll boil that shit though on my electric stove - fuck waiting for weeks. That's even worse that waiting for DMT-saturated naptha to evap. aiiii
Go for it man! It's very easy and rewarding.

@BHO makers: Would it best to run the extraction outside, in the open air, so the Butane is properly vented?

HoneY

Hey Wolf - Yea always do your BHO run outside, I've heard of people blowing up everything from the kitchen to the garage doing BHO extractions. After most of the tane has evaporated then you can bring it inside to finish.
few pics :
dodo.jpg

Harddayatwork.jpg

Dodobitch-1.jpg

glob2.jpg

honey5.jpg

they sell theese glass tubes, open at one end, and witha little hole at the other end at my friendly neighbourhood headshop
they are like 70$ though,when i have money i will buy one

and ill need someway to injest this oil, and the latest trend is a vapour swing,
the attachment peice "bowl" on this bong, thye go for 125$ or more though, they say the price is because of the titanium they use ,
60806_439574472015_243545672015_5676364_5670173_n.jpg