• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Making hash/kief/cannabis extracts

I have some 99% alcohol here at home but it says it's anhydrous usp and it doesn't list the other ingredients, it's good neighbor pharmacy brand, would this be good to use? I went to a couple of stores but the only alcohol I could find was only 91% alcohol.

The anhydrous 99% USP should do the trick.

I love the Hash SKILLET
4516941323_b167aaa393.jpg

i modified mine to have a oil drop holder, all you do is load, heat and swing.

^ Hash skillets are perfect for smoking oil by itself. I also sometimes use a glass nail pipe heated with a propane torch to smoke my concentrates:
(sorry for the bad quality pic, but you can get the idea):
NSFW:
hashpipe.jpg

Hey Wolf - Yea always do your BHO run outside, I've heard of people blowing up everything from the kitchen to the garage doing BHO extractions. After most of the tane has evaporated then you can bring it inside to finish.
few pics :
NSFW:
dodo.jpg

Harddayatwork.jpg

Dodobitch-1.jpg

glob2.jpg

honey5.jpg
I was thinking the safest way to run BHO was outside, away from everything, but I just wanted to make sure! Thanks for the help man!

This is the place to post questions/give advice on making hash or other extracts/concentrates of cannabis for smoking. I thought there were loads of threads on the subject, but in fact there's only one; if we build it, they will come, right?
Ok so i've been collecting stems for 2 years and i got over 110 grams of stems and an ounce of trim from a buddies plant what should i make with it? I wanted to make hash but which way to make it would be best and what are other good ideas to make with this .

Last edited by a moderator:
[MEGA] Making hash/cannabis extracts

Well, I doubt you'll be able to make true hash from that stuff, but you can make hash oil. BHO is probably the way to go; however, the quality of your output depends on the quality of input, and you just aren't going to be able to make the best hash oil out of stems and shake. Don't get me wrong, you can do it and I'm sure it'll be fun and worthwhile, but don't expect outrageous oil.

Last edited:
How to compress my kief?

I've searched around trying to find a simple method of pressing my kief without having to make any extra purchases. Haven't had any luck.. Anybody here have any good (and simple) methods to quickly press my kief?

I'm fed up with loading bowls of kief and barely being able to get any smoke because kief doesn't burn well.

Yeah, I used the cellophane from a cigarillo to make some janky homemade "hash" of sorts haha.
Just heat and press, as said before.

We actually have a brand new thread pretty much on this exact topic, so I'm going to merge it into there.

Put in cellophane and squish in the bottom of your shoe
Oh hell yeah. This method is seriously great, it takes no effort and you end up with really nice piece. I wouldn't personally put it in the oven, but to each his own. You could also try pressing it by hand (if you have dry hands, which I don't), which is simple enough. You can do what the Colombians used to do back in the day and put it in some paper then twist the paper to press the hash- it's not a method I've tried, and it's not going to press it very hard at all, but it might be fun. You could put it inside some heavy plastic and hit it with a hammer repeatedly. You could fashion a little mechanical press. The world is your oyster!

i cant make oil but i'm down to make hash out of it and ill put any neccessary equipment to work

I love those presses you can buy that imprint a logo onto the kief/hash. I'd love to get one but it's an extravagance I cannot afford right now.

sonix, why can't you make oil? I think that trying to make hash from stems is ambitious, you could make ice hash with the trim though.

AE, could you not make one yourself? It seems doable. btw, I would say that you can't press a logo into kief, because as soon as you do that it ceases to be kief and becomes hash, but that's just my patented blend of pedantry and semantic dullness.

I love those presses you can buy that imprint a logo onto the kief/hash. I'd love to get one but it's an extravagance I cannot afford right now.

you can find ones that work fine for*NO PRICES* if you look around, I got one for cheap off *NO SOURCES EITHER*, I thought it was gonna be really shitty but it turned out to work great, just make sure theres no plastic parts and you should be ok.

explain hows the best way to make hash oil then out of this ????

for stems, i've always heard the best thing is t let them soak in a high proof alcohol (green dragon). there's a thread on that somewhere here in CD about that

if you really wanna make hash oil, i would suggest busting it to dust in a coffee grinder and making it the same way as normal oil. I would have sworn there was a BHO or QWISO thread here somewhere, if so, it should really be merged into this thread

Hash Oil Recipes

[MEGA] Hash/Honey Oil Extraction Thread (archived)

BHO Tips (single post)

Last edited:
ISO extractions should be made via the Quick Wash ISO method, unless your just extracting for maximum weight yield to sell it.

QWISO takes 45seconds-1 minute. More than that and your just degrading your product with chlorophyl.