• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Making hash/kief/cannabis extracts

Sorry class i do this from my phones mobile browser so it takes me a bit. about the hexane extraction yes it'll work but it'd be more efficient and much simpler to just use petrolium ether. And as far as the supercritical extractions go an ethylene cartridge will produce the best results.

Pretty complicated stuff for extraction. Simple answer, draw hot air over it by way of a vaporizer. Man I miss my tulip vaporizer and can't seem to find it on the net. At least I think it was called a tulip.

So acetone will produce better results then butane? I used to do butane extractions all the time and although it got you nice and high the stuff wasn't easy to handle...

I do not have petrolium ether, how about diethylether?

Also, how dangerous is ether compared to butane? The whole explosive peroxide thing scares the shit out of me.

ether is less volatile than butane, so flame, fireball, etc would probably a marginally smaller risk. But with a few small precautions, neither should pose a problem.

Anyone able to explain how to make the liquid oxygen hash?

Okay first things first. Weed has over fifty active chemicals and at least twenty inactive ones. We'll start with tar. tar is essentially the main thing you want removed from your smoke due to it's carcinogenic properties. The nifty thing about tar though is that unlike thc and the other cannabinoids it's water soluable. Which means what class?

have not read entire thread but I wanted to jump in here bc a while back I was looking for a way to make a IV solution from herb.I not only found quite a bit on the subject,but that all you need to turn cannabis oil into a water soluble solution was to use an emulsifier like polysorbate 80, also known as Tween 80.Is anyone else in this thread interested in an IV form,If so i can post the link.sorry to interrupt.
.......................................skillz<3

Not into IV'ing at all, nontheless I'm very intrigued. Is it only possible to make a solution or can you get pure cannabinoids? That would also make it very relevant to the thread goal.

Good ol' fashioned butane honey oil... I will be returning to this thread. =D
100_7136en-1.jpg

100_7138en-2.jpg

100_7839.jpg

100_86362.jpg

There's a dispensary in my area which has recently started carrying a quite interesting product they've named 'Gold'. I haven't tried it, but I did get a copy of the printout that they give out with it, which has part of the GC/MS they do on it (hardcore, I know), and description, part of which reads: "Contains no Aspergillus or other toxins. Tested at 98% total cannabinoids and 86% THC."

From another forum, of which the proprietor of the dispensary is a member, and posted:
"It's a fractional distillation of cannabis performed with a vacuum evaporator by one of our members who is an analytical chemist. Vacuum evaporators are often used in the perfume trade to collect temperature-sensitive essential oils from flowers."

Heavy shit, apparently.

EDIT: and reading through some of the other posts, perhaps a clue for someone with the equipment and know-how as to how a very pure cannabis concentrate can be produced.

Hash Oil Recipes

Here is my ISO Hash Oil recipe:

ISO Hash Oil

You will need:
14 grams of flower (DA HERB)
16 oz of 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
1 mason jar/glass jar with lid
2 coffee filters
1 rubber band
1 glass pot
1 piece of paper
1 razor blade

Preparation:

Make sure you have 99% Isopropyl alcohol, anything less than 99% will not be medicinal. Do not be anywhere near open flames.

Grind up the flower as fine as you can get it, and place the ground flower inside the mason jar.

Extraction (5-10 minutes):

Pour the isopropyl alcohol into the jar with the ground flower, until the flower is completely submerged in the alcohol. You only need just enough alcohol so the flower is submerged in the liquid; no more and no less. Put the lid back on the jar tightly.

Shake the jar vigorously for 1-3 minutes.

Take the lid off of the jar and place the two sheets of coffee filter on top of the jar. Wrap the rubber band around the coffee filter and mouth of the jar twice, so that the coffee filter is securely fastened to the mouth of the jar.

Turn the jar upside down to pour the extraction out of the jar, through the coffee filters and into a glass pot. This process will take about 10 minutes, so just wait until all of the liquid has drained out of the jar and into the glass pot. Some shaking of the jar will aid to speed this process up, this is why you want to make sure the rubber band is holding the contents of the jar securely.

Evaporation (1-3 weeks):

Now that the hash oil is bound to the alcohol and in the glass jar, it's time to evaporate the alcohol off. Take a sheet of paper and cut several small holes in it and place it on top of the glass pot. Place the glass pot on a window seal which gets a good amount of sunlight. Wait until ALL of the alcohol has evaporated; this takes anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks to accomplish. The paper on top of the glass is to prevent dust and/or bugs from getting inside the mixture and contaminating it.

Other methods: Some people like to use an electric stove to speed the evaporation process up. I find that using natural evaporation makes the hash oil taste better than cooking it. Cooking the alcohol can sometimes also burn the hash oil, rendering it less potent.

Product:
NSFW:
hashoil.jpg

Depending on the quality of flower used and length of time the flower is submerged in the alcohol (more time=less potent), you now have a concentrate containing ~40-70% THC, weighing in at ~3 grams. Now that the hash oil is made, place it in a cool room or a refrigerator to store it. The colder temperatures cause the oil to harden, making it easier to cut it up with a razor blade and placed wherever needed. I usually place some oil on top of a loaded bowl/bong and set it on fire. But that's not the only way to use it.

Many people like to:

-Smoke it
-Vaporize it
-Cook with it (edibles)
-Cure cancer (http://www.bluelight.ru)/vb/showthread.php?t=516740

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yes, I have used this recipe with clippings several times and it comes out great.

For clippings, I recommend using at least an ounce, but otherwise the recipe is the same.

Nice recipe! I'll try to find a good mega-cooking thread to merge this into, def don't wanna close it and let let sink into the abyss to be pruned.

Or I might get lazy

Those bullet-shaped electric coffee grinders are great for grinding the bud into a fine powder.

Last edited: