• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] JWH-018 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange experience with JWH-018 & JWH-073

I just received my synthetic cannabinoids from an online store last week. After waiting impatiently finally I consumed both 18, 73 seperately, in combination & in combination with pot all last weekend (yesterday). All of these orally since I don't smoke because of my astma condition.

Here is the strange problem: it was been more than 24 hrs since I last consumed jwh-018 & 73 combo ... but the effect is still on. I am now at work place & I'm still high. Not high/stoned as in fun high but feeling very paranoidal along with the usual short term memory loss problem with loss of focus but full of empathy & creativity. 24 hrs guys !! ... is this something normal & these substances stay in system for long time? Obviously this post is written while high but from a dose taken yesterday morning.

Why the fuck would you mix it with sodium bicarbonate? JWH-018 isn't an alkaline molecule, it doesn't form salts.

non herbal media to smoke on, I know it can be smoked. I really don't want to smoke out of a bulb or meth pipe. Meth free for 10 years now, I'd like to keep it that way.

I just made a thread discussing about the carcinogenic properties of JWH-18, taking in account the naphthalene metabolism into epoxides and the quantity of naphthalene ingested when consuming JWH-18: Thoughts on JWH-18 carcinogenicity
They are just my speculations, but I think they are interesting.

Someone asked the question" Once you have made your solution, how long until the jwh-018 begins to decay? What is the best way to store the solution? 500 mg will last a while, so I need to know how to keep it just as it was when originally dissolved.
"

And Roose answered with "Search Engine Please"

Since I am also very interested in the topic of storage of JWH, I tried searching both Posts and Forums without finding any serious discussion of the long-term storage of JWH. I have a faily detailed question on this matter, and I would love to post it to the right forum.

Can anyone give me a search string that will point me to the forum that Roose was thinking about with their reply?

Upon further reflection, I am wondering if Roose was referring to Internet-wide engines like Google, Bing, etc.

I have searched all over the net, and I've found the following snippets (I appologize in advance for the plagerism).

“Indole compounds degrade by oxidation giving yellow and brown products. The more impurity results in intensity of the brown color and becoming a gummy like state (due to melting point suppression)”

"With all synthetic compounds, storage at temps below -20C limits molecular interaction....resulting in less degradation over time. Hence, if you want to keep it for more than a week or so, store it in the freezer in an airtight container with little shoe silicon packs to absorb water."

From a supplier in a methyl acetate solution: "For long term storage, we suggest it be stored as supplied at -20C (-4F). It should be stable for at least one year" I am not sure how much this one applies since everything normally available for purchase from most places is in powder form.

"Eventually you have a perfectly dissolved JWH solution (in Everclear) which can be stored in the freezer or fridge, in a liquor bottle or, even better, a white wine bottle with a screwcap (no cork!) works great. It will store indefinitely."

And the ubiquous: "I've kept mine in a plastic bag in my closet for 3 months and it was OK"

What I am is looking for is a way to maximize storage for a long term - like decades, if possible. Considering the stuff quoted above I have postulated two theories, but really need a chemist type to chime in and help us all understand synthetic cannibanoid breakdown at the molecular level. (I am not a chemist, in any way)

Theory 1: Since Oxidation is the enemy of JWH-018, then storage in lots of little small glass vials (with no empty space between the powder and the cap/stopper to mimimize exposure to air) in your everyday stand-alone freezer would work. You would pull out individual vials when you need them, leaving the others undisturbed.

Theory 2: By melting the JWH in Ethanol, you eliminate its ability to oxidize because no air can get to the chemical once it is in liquid form. Putting the ethanol in the freezer is an added bonus that retards chemical processes.

I would love to know which of the above statements might be true (if either) and/or anyone's thoughts on the best way to maintain the potency over very long time spans (10-15 years)

If anyone can help, I would be humbly grateful.

about the poster with the pressure in his chest.... ive had that with weed.... ive never had an anxiety attack except for my very first high, though i haven't had that chest problem since forever so maybe it was related

i think it's just our perception of our bodies being cranked up to 11. starts to feel weird yea?

can anyone summarize so i need not read 20 pages, how long does it last orally compared to eating and what is the dosage ratio smoking-to-oral?

jwndy, i believe JWH-018 does not degrade appreciably at room temperature. there is nothing on the molecule itself that would make me think that it is air-sensitive.

edit: and as far as the 10-15 year span goes, why would you want to keep it that long? i'm sure by next year JWH-018 will be obsoleted by newer synthetic cannabinoids that give a cleaner high with no fears of carcinogenicity.

Thanks for the reply. The reason for the need for long-term storage is that I have a friend with active cancer, and the only relief he gets is from cannabis. I also come from a family with a stong heredity for cancer. We both live in a state that is on the cusp of making 018 illegal. He and I basically went in together and bought a life-time supply of the 018 and 073 (we are both about 50 years old). Based on the extensive research we have done, these seem to be about the closest to the real thing that we are likely to find. Our intent is to mix .5g of each wth 400 ml of Everclear (190) and administer 2-4 ml orally.

While there may be synthetics in the future that may work well, the 018/073 are a known quantity with lots of "informal" (and even some formal) case studies. I have been very satisfied with the results of my research, but about the only thing I can't find is a bona-fide chemist with an opinion on long-term storage. Surely there is one out there somewhere that shares our interest in the stabilty of these two wonderful substances over the long term.

Since I am not really able to use this often recreationally because of job, family duties, etc, it is likely that I will store the vast majority of it until I need it. Hopefully, I will never need it for the purposes I bought it, but if I do, I would hate to retrieve it only to discover that it is inert. The laws in my state will likely make it hard to replace, thus my need to find the best way to store it with the highest likelihood of being able to benefit from it. I realize that since the substance itself has only been around since 1995, and has only been on the market since about 2002, there probably isn't anyone out there that actually knows how long it will last. But a few educated opinions will give me some comfort.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
For some reason I've found that it naturally creates a lot of energy in your chest and upper body area, so if you are tripping bad on it I suggest you rug your legs and feet and especially your genitals. This will focus the high on your lower body and make you less paranoid and make your breathing more easy, your chest won't feel as stressed.

Over all, my suggestion for using 018 (if you have to do it), in the pure white powder form, is to get it in a white color, rust color 018 is relatively impure, if you don't have a scale, sprinkle it lightly on some non-psychoactive herb, and just clear ONE bowl, wait at least 3-5 hours before doing more. And don't do more than 2 bowls in a day. And don't do it really tired!!!!

I am sorry but this is really bad information. Telling people to sprinkle pure jwh on a bowl is just plain stupid. It's not like you are throwing some salt on your french fries.. you don't wanna overdue it. It's hard to eye out like 5mg..really hard.

Do not do this.

Also, I can't decide how to your comment about rubbing parts of your body to focus the high..especially the genitals... I gotto make sure I start rubbin my dick next time I smoke and see if my balls and surrounding area get high as a kite.

hi dudes this is my first post here and i hope there will be more to follow :)

im thinking about ordering some cannabinoid like chemicals

which one would you say is the best? i've read about HU-210 which sounds very promising and looks like a real cannabinoid. then there are the jwh things which all contain napthalene this kinda worries me a bit due to the epoxy metabolism (carcinogen).

can you tell me something about the dosage of these chemicals and the ways of consuming it (i'd prefer orally).

i have a pretty good scale (.001g) and a lot of experience with weed and smoked spice (containing jwh-018) before so i know whats coming to me

ps: i hope you dont mind my english im trying hard but drug related things dont belong in my usual english vocabulary =D

You can find excellent info on soluability and dosage for smoking or oral at several sites. The best are bluelight, drugs-forum, and sychronium, but the short answer is........

Get JWH-018 and JWH-073. Put .5g of each in 400ml of 190 Everclear. Stir and mash with a spoon. Takes about 15 min. Do it until all dissolved. You can heat in a hot water bath, but don't use a flame, but you shouldn't have to if you are patient. 1g (total) will disolve in 400 ml. The strength will be 2.5 mg per 1 ml. Use an insulin syringe to draw it 2ml-4ml and squirt into orange juice (or coke or water or whatever). Drink and enjoy.

Recommended smoking dose is 3-5 mg per high.
Recommended oral dose is 5-10 mg per high.

DON'T OVERDO IT. If you don't get the high you expect, don't double dose. Wait until the next night and increase the dosage another 2.5 mg worth. The overdose effects are frightening.

In fact, you should spend a couple of hours reading in the forums of the sites I mentioned before you do any of it. There is lots of useful info available, and you will become highly eductated in a fairly short time with just a little bit of reading.

There are lots of discussions on the carcinogenic effects. I, for one, don't intend to do it more than a couple of times a week, so I'm not too worried about it. You build up a tolerance to it pretty quickly anyhow, so it is wise to space it out just to keep getting the same effects on a fairly small amount.

I just got my JWH-018 in the mail today.

I already smoked some out of a bowl, and tryed using tinfoil and burning it from underneath and then using a bottle to get the smoke, and smoked it out of a ciggarete?

What is the most common/easiest/simplist way to smoke it?

yeah same here just got a g of 99.8% white powder jwh-018 today and had problems using tinfoil & straw..the shit barely smokes and melts to a sticky resin..barely got a hit from that. tinfoil pipe didn't work well either, same problem with melting w/ small hit. after every pack i would eat a little bit too, felt like i was either immune to the stuff or just not using it right, maybe i just wasn't using enough.

so finally i just put a decent amount on a small bowl of kush and kept the flame as far as possible, that worked perfectly and definitely tasted the chemical. and here i am typing this out, struggling to put these words together. i blew through a little too much

yeah i found it does work in a bowl with tobacco/weed. but i wish i could figure out a way so i can just smoke the stuff itself. i feel like if im putting a flame directly onto it i feel im wasting it.

If you are using aluminum foil, you need to first let the JWH melt into a puddle, and then *keep* applying the flame until the molten chemical vaporizes. If your JWH is pure, there should be no residue left on the foil.

The foil method takes a little practice, but it's rewarding, because it's definitely the most efficient. Make a little foil boat so the oil doesn't get away from the heat.

If you are using aluminum foil, you need to first let the JWH melt into a puddle, and then *keep* applying the flame until the molten chemical vaporizes. If your JWH is pure, there should be no residue left on the foil.

ah i see, the residue i mentioned is actually that puddle which turns to a sticky glue when dry..i just haven't been burning it long enough.

how many times do you guys fold the aluminum? or do you just use the single layer?

i was fuckin up so bad with it yesterday, inhaled part of a melted straw and gave up right after..i'll never make a good tweeker.

Haha, you'll get the hang of it....not sure what you mean by folding though. I just make a little foil boat and dump the jwh at the bottom. There should only be one layer of foil between the jwh and the fire. If you do it right it will evaporate very quickly, one hit should be plenty.

i had the foil folded over and tried vaping through the double layer..probably did that just out of habit from making tinners back in highschool..it definitely didn't help.

so i just made a little foil spoon and made an indent in the middle so it would stay in place, seems to work pretty well.

the smoke looks like a decent hit going in (easily 1-2mg i'm guessing), but i barely exhale any smoke. is that how this stuff usually smokes?

can't complain though, i've stuck to just using jwh today just to see the effects and i feel stoned beyond hell, really cotton mouthed too.

yeah, it tends to be completely absorbed by the lungs if you hold it in long enough. haha well enjoy man, just watch your doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.