• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Idiosyncratic/Unusual Responses to Cannabis

i have a question about weed...

the first time i smoked, and on several occasions afterwards (although not every time), but particularly the first time i smoked, i experienced ridiculous derealization/bizarre visuals/bizarre sensations. i dont think derealization is a word, but as far as i can tell it is the best way to describe what happened, as it was not an experience of depersonalization. [...]
i enjoyed reading that. a pretty remarkable reaction to pot to say the least!! some elements reminded me of my OBE's.
btw i do consider cannabis quite habit forming, but you should take into account that it just has a lot less unwanted side effects than things like opiates or booze. if itd cause massive constipation, itching, nausea, loss of coordination or would systematically kill you off cell by cell, you probably wouldnt develope a habit so easily. neither would you if it werent so easily available. im just saying... theres not that many reasons to not smoke pot compared to not doing other drugs. nonetheless it surely is very addictive... been at it for 13 yrs myself, managed to kick every habit ive had, but not pot.
oh and while it wont fully describe your experience, dissociation would a be better fitting description than derealization.

werent you scared shitless when this first happened?? id imagine you didnt have a lot of experience with psychedelics or dissociatives when you first smoked...

i enjoyed reading that. a pretty remarkable reaction to pot to say the least!! some elements reminded me of my OBE's.
btw i do consider cannabis quite habit forming, but you should take into account that it just has a lot less unwanted side effects than things like opiates or booze. if itd cause massive constipation, itching, nausea, loss of coordination or would systematically kill you off cell by cell, you probably wouldnt develope a habit so easily. neither would you if it werent so easily available. im just saying... theres not that many reasons to not smoke pot compared to not doing other drugs. nonetheless it surely is very addictive... been at it for 13 yrs myself, managed to kick every habit ive had, but not pot.
oh and while it wont fully describe your experience, dissociation would a be better fitting description than derealization.

werent you scared shitless when this first happened?? id imagine you didnt have a lot of experience with psychedelics or dissociatives when you first smoked...

ha actually i had none. it took me an hour and a half to even decide if i liked it. i find that if i simply observe from an objective standpoint everything that happens piece by piece, i feel like it isnt happening and thus dont freak out. thats one of the reasons why i like smoking by myself. i always have, and i probably always will. never been much of a social person either, every psychedelic ive tried has made me very introspective. i actually enjoy thinking while on them, and i usually find i do much more creative work as far as school goes. and yes there arent many reasons not too, but it severely impairs memory and my memory is one of the best i have come across, so i dont like it all the time. plus, it can become expensive, and i dont like being dependent on anything or anyone for any reason. but thats just me. all in all, i thoroughly enjoy weed, and usually i try to get as stoned as possible before i have become so incoherent i cant take another hit from my bowl. like i said, ive fallen flat on my face, had the 2nd half of the bowl go all over the place, and had the time of my life while doing it. thats just how high you can be... although it is easier to smoke sitting down than standing up.

Stomach problems the next day?

I do have a very weak stomach and have a lot of problems no matter if I smoke or not, but I always noticed the next day after getting high I always have to crap at least 3 times and just feel like I ate something dodgy all day long, even the 2nd day sometimes. I do also drink usually when Im smoking but this is not caused by the alcohol, or at least not just the alcohol. Any ideas what is causing it and what I could do?

I don't personally know what's causing it, but have you tried just regular pepto bismol or something for upset stomachs? No idea if it'd help, just wondering.

Hmm I have never heard of a problem like this after smoking. It seems minor though.

Do you get the munchies when you get high? It could be that maybe when you get high you end up eating more junk food, or just more food in general than your used to. Perhaps thats why the next day you have to shit more than often.

My mom has told me that when ever she used to get constipated smoking a bowl would always help relieve it for her. Like as soon as she got high, she would relax enough to have a good poop. Perhaps its something like that.

Alcohol in high amounts combined with weed gives me the spins. Perhaps your little tipple plus weed is giving your body a minor version that goes unnoticed at the time of consumption, due to cannabis and alcohols excellent anesthetic properties.

Problem with White Widow

Hello everyone,

I'm having an unusual reaction to cannabis and I would like some advice.

I'm including the following paragraph for context. Feel free to skip to the problem.

My history of drug use started about a year ago and was headed towards abuse and trouble (as I describe in this thread http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...-a-stupid-binge-with-combinations-Please-help!). Since then I have been using almost exclusively weed (occasionally trying MDMA and coke with no harmful consequences). For the past three months I have been smoking daily, with a clear psychological addiction - but nothing too extreme. These past few days I have been feeling guilty about my cannabis use as it makes me unmotivated and lazy. I have been thinking about quitting completely or at least using a lot less.

PROBLEM:

One week ago I acquired some white widow. For the first five days, it was a bliss: very potent weed with strong psychoactive effects. Then two nights ago I smoked a little too much and ended up having a similar reraction to the one I posted in my first thread: strong anxiety, waves of pain in my legs and arms, insomnia, pulsatile tinnitus, tachycardia. I was quite worried. The following day, I was feeling a lot better, so I wrote it off as a simple bad trip. I started smoking again. After three joints I had a very strong and similar reaction again. I stayed awake for six hours feeling terrible. When I woke up the next day I was feeling fine.

Today I did not smoke at all until late afternoon, when I decided to give it a small try. I rolled up a very small joint with much less weed that I normally use, and took two or three small hits. I immediatly had the adverse reaction. After a few minutes the pain, anxiety and everything else were back in full force, even with that very small amount! That was ten hours ago and it's still going, but not as strong as before. I should also say that I barely felt the good effects of weed, I wasn't high, just feeling awful.

Can someone tell me what's going on? I don't understand because:

- if it was just a bad trip, then why would it start again immediatly the next day after a couple of hits?
- if I was allergic or oversensitive or something, then I would have found out earlier, right?

Could it be that my "system" is overloaded with THC?
Could my weed be laced with something else?
Should I look for another type of weed and stay away from White Widow?
Should I stop smoking altogether?

Your enlightened advice welcome.

Thanks guys

Hmm... this is new, now every so often when I smoke really good concentrates like wax, I will get what i like to call the "fear", i get the cold sweats, i turn really pale, and get nauseous, but it wears off about 15-20minutes later. The pain in your legs and arms very strange my friend. If you dont want to go to the doctor, i would lay off the buds for a while to make sure these affects are coming from the weed, then i would buy some different strain of weed and give it a go. I wanted to say your problem may be an allergic reaction but the pain thing is mind boggling.

I would have to agree that perhaps you are allergic to the Strain of Weed you are smoking. my self White widow or white rhino is on my conquest list to smoke, sorry to hear that it didnt work out for you.

Or you're thinking about having a bad trip, which in turn gives you a bad trip.
Or while high, you feel pain you normally don't, but that is there. I don't even know this is possible, though.

That is not an allergic reaction. Allergic reactions cause things like hives, swollen throat, trouble breathing, flushed face etc. To be honest I've seen about a million different versions of this very same thread. Some people just react to badly to certain strains, or at times just weed in general. Some of the symptoms you described, like pain in arms and legs, can actually in fact be caused by anxiety. Just remember that none of the symptoms you described are likely to indicate that you're coming to any physical harm.

Next time keep the dose very low and increase it gradually until you feel comfortable with the high. I can tell you that your weed was not laced. By all means try an indica type strain but if you continue having distressing symptoms, consider giving weed a rest.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your replies. I have no idea why I'm suddenly having this reaction to the weed, as everything was fine before.

I just tried to take ONE very small hit and got instantly punished with a wave of displeasure and sickness. Just thinking about smoking week makes me queasy! This is very weird.

You obviously have created negative associations with smoking weed. There is no point in forcing yourself to smoke too soon as this is just leading to negative reactions and reinforcing these negative associations.

Take a break and come back to it after some time has passed, when you feel ready and these experiences have been integrated.

Remember, Cannabis is a psychedelic.

Do you have a tolerance to herb? At first I thought that you were getting too high but you're only smoking a single hit, or a few hits.

It does sound as though you're getting anxiety or panic from this type of herb.

Try a different strain/type of herb and see how it is.

I know people who don't like Sativas or even Indicas so they don't use the type of herb that they get adverse reactions to.

If you're stressed out, nervous, anxious/panicky, or depressed when you're sober I would not smoke herb since it could make those things worse for you.

Good luck.

Do you have a tolerance to herb? At first I thought that you were getting too high but you're only smoking a single hit, or a few hits.

It does sound as though you're getting anxiety or panic from this type of herb.

Try a different strain/type of herb and see how it is.

I know people who don't like Sativas or even Indicas so they don't use the type of herb that they get adverse reactions to.

If you're stressed out, nervous, anxious/panicky, or depressed when you're sober I would not smoke herb since it could make those things worse for you.

Good luck.

Thanks for the new replies.

No I had barely even smoked before so no tolerance whatsoever. And I wasn't stressed out or nervous, not everything is perfect with my life but overall I can't complain.

If I had to describe it I would say that it feels like I am being "poisoned" by weed. It's as if my body tolerated weed before but now it can't stand even the smallest amount and reacts very strongly. Is it possible that I have just too much weed in my system and need to sweat it out before I can smoke again? If so, what are the best methods ? (working out & sauna I guess).

I will take a break and test aother strain later, probably an indica. That's too bad because I have this large quantity of white widow and I can't touch it :/

Thanks again everyone!

hey everyone, I think i've narrowed down what my problem is.

I bought a heart and blood pressure measurement device. Whenever i take a hit of weed my systolic blood pressure skyrockets beyond the hypertension threshold (135) (it was 148 when I first took it and I hadn't even smoked, 117 when I woke up, I took two small hits and boom, 140). Obviously my heart starts beating faster too but nothing alarming. I think I can hear my blood flowing through my internal carotid artery, which presses against my inner ear or my eardrum and causes the pulsing tinnitus.

I looked up hypertension and weed and it doesn't seem to be a big problem normally... Any idea what's wrong with me and how to proceed? (besides going to see the doc)

Why is cannabis my enemy?

I used to love smoking weed. Now all it does is draw my psychosis out and I feel dirty when I smoke it. I take DXM. Dizgnosed with SZaffective disorder and OCD. Weed just ampliafies my fear. In the OCD department. But DXM calms me down I don't get it. If any ya'll one to know more about me just ask or go thru my threads.