• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Every Year's Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

we got same first name =D

Good to no haha =D

Anyway give Instant Grit a shot - It works by destroying the Ants from the inside out, because the grit when eaten mixes with the ant’s digestive juices and expands inside the ant’s stomach that eventually kills the ant.

They arnt very healthy. If you want to give them the best life you'll need to check the soil's pH along with the water run off. You'll also need to be feeding them fertilisers if you dont have any.

Also do you know if they were healthy before you got them? And were they being grown indoors or outdoors?

Last edited:
Hey, when you got those clones, were they in a smaller container, did you upsize them and add what ever soil mix you use to a bigger pot?

If so, I think your plants will start to do better, They look like they have a deficiency. If you added soil with nutrients they might be alright for the time , then once you get them a little larger you might be able to feed them :) , Im sure they will look great soon enough...

I think I may chop my plants pretty soon, Im just so reluctant to do it because they were my babies, and This is my first good harvest, I want to have alot of amber trichs, BUT, the further into flower I go the harder it gets to take care of them and nute them properly. I think I fixed most of the plants problems, and I have flushed, and stopped nuting for the past two weeks. so, Im thinking its pretty close to cutting time, gonna let the soil dry out and then I really think Im gonna cut them this time lol, hope they are a good sleepy smoke.

Glad to see yours are looking pretty nice AE, and Wise, Im sure you know what your doing and will have the plant back up looking happy in no time.

Here's another photo of my grow that I just took today (click to enlarge).

I just had a massive tidy of my grow room. Cleanliness is next to godliness, as they say (or something like that).

nice picture there AE, looks similar to mine, ill be sure to add a photo up tomoro. its getting bigger and bigger, im hoping to have it in the bloom phase next week :)

yea been alot of shit with PR : /

I will keep spraying em with dishing washing liquid then in a few days ill wrap tape around the bottom.

Thanks again =D i'll let ya know how it goes.

Thanks for the encouragement wise, mistee and prelude :)

junkie if you're going to spray with washing up liquid (I wouldn't recommend this personally) I would at least go for an organic type brand with no synthetic additives, since a lot of washing up liquids/detergents can have added chemicals that are bad for the plant. Make sure it doesn't get into the soil if you can help it.

I'm planning for harvest at the moment and am thinking of getting Bubble Bags, but the prices are rediculously high. I was thinking of doing an ice extraction using tights, but the end product wouldn't be as pure as if I were to use the real deal and I might just end up regretting it. I mean, you can get 'blonde' hash using tights which is better than street hash by several orders of magnitude, but still, it wouldn't be as good as it could be if you were to use proper Bubble Bags.

I just had a look at Ice o later bags and a 5 gallong two bag system costs £50.64. The two bags are 220u and 70u. Maybe I should go for this one as it seems a lot more reasonable and would mean I wouldn't have to order from the US or Canada... But then again apparently the quality of ice o later is not as good, and they tend to tear quite easily. Decisions decisions!!

Last edited:
Ive never used the bags before AE, but I know of growers who do and they say it is well worth the investment :)

Couple more shot's from today. She's taking some shape now and is looking more like a bush. The overall growth seems to have kicked up a gear aswell, just what I like to see a couple weeks out from flower :)

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

Last edited:
She looks like she's grown a bit since last time you photographed. Are you planning on topping her?

I've decided to go for a 3 bag 5 gallon Bubble Bag set. It should set me back about £94 but I can at least buy it from a store online that I've used before and trust, who will deliver it promptly. It is probably worth the investment, as you say.

I can't wait to grow outdoors. I'm buying a greenhouse in the next couple of weeks so I might grow in there as well as guerilla-style in the woods. The problem is my neighbours flat upstairs overlooks my garden, so I'd have to use greenhouse shading to obscure the view inside. I think I would probably supplement the natural sunlight with a 250W HPS light (which is what they were designed for really).

Does anyone have any experience with greenhouse growing and the odour the plants produce? I have no idea how bad it'll be or how I'll deal with it. I suspect it won't be as bad as indoors since outside there's obviously the wind which acts as ventilation and blows away smells.

I was thinking about topping her, but with only a couple weeks to go till flower it would only set her back and decrease the overall yeild I think. It seems like her main will produce most of the bud anyway, so im gonna leave her be.

I dont think you'll have many problems with growing in a GH. You'll obviously need to make sure the GH is well ventilated first depending on what it's made from. Have you decided what kind of beans your gonna use for your grow?

For my guerilla grow I've definitely got to try Purple Power since it has the most consistently positive reviews for an outdoor plant that I've seen. Here's the sales blurb from a seed bank below. Amazingly, it only costs £14.99 for 12 regular seeds, which isn't a reflection of poor quality by any means.

Purple Power is an early and fast flowering outdoor or greenhouse cannabis variety from Female Seeds which matures to yield purple and lavender hued buds. It needs about 8 weeks vegetative growth before flowering from mid-July/August and will be ready to harvest around mid to late September in the Netherlands.

Purple Power specifics:
De Sjamaan Seeds Purple Widow is a new sativa/indica cross between original strains of Purple Power and White Widow. This new cannabis variety retains much of good traits of the two popular ancestors: she is very strong and potent with a great production of big buds with a nice fruity aroma and a fresh powerful high.
De Sjamaan's regular seeds of Purple Widow may seem to take time to germinate. But once sprouted, they go into fast growing and reach their full maturing in just 8 weeks. Adult plants are very attractive; they have a straight and elegant structure with a well developed branching system. Strong genetics of the purple line is noticed from the very beginning, when first leaves of small but strong seedlings get their purple shades. After a couple of weeks, numerous flower formations start to release an extremely pleasant smell of fresh fruits and berries.
Purple Widow plants grown from De Sjamaan cannabis seeds are known for their quick harvest which starts already in October, giving away big sturdy buds, shiny and sticky with aromatic juice. They perform better outside, where they can grow as high as 3.5 m with incredible 850 gr per every plant. In tough climate zones, this cannabis remains short (75 cm) with, yet, great 400 gr of excellent marijuana per m2.

High % of THC is well balanced with CBD and give Purple Widow marijuana a strong uplifting high, ideal to release pressure of a stressful day, ideal for a good laugh. Smoking is extremely pleasant with a fruity fresh smell and taste. If compared with wine, it's an energizing white one.

As for the autoflowering strain(s) I'll be choosing, I haven't decided yet. I'm also undecided about when I'm going start all my seeds. If I start early indoors I have to work out how to transport larger plants without the use of a car, which could be tricky, so small seedlings are probably the way to go. One thing I probably should do is plant a mother plant and just take loads of cuttings rather than plant seeds. That way I'm not limited to a small number of plants.

If I grow in a greenhouse I definitely would love to grow Paradise Ice Cream, which is reasonably priced.

Last edited:
The PP sounds good, I actually saw a crop of that get grown in a GH somewhere in the UK and the grower had unreal result's with straight purple buds. I'll try to find the link, and PM you it if I do.

Starting your girls indoor's in small cups, then taking them to the spot and putting them in ground, or in final pots is what I do when starting my beasn under fluro's. The mother plant idea sounds the way to go, clones are much easier to deal with once there established and there re-veg period always seems to provide stronger, more vigourous growth compared to seed's going from seedling to veg IME.

Edit- Soz AE I couldnt find the link, it was a couple year's old.

Last edited:
I actually plan to go out and buy a whole load of styrofoam/polystyrene cups today for the cuttings. I'll have to set up my veg/clone area properly with ventilation alongside my main flowering tent. I plan to connect the intake from my main flowering tent to the extraction of my veg/cloning wardrobe so that I only need one carbon filter for both areas and the heat from the light in my veg area will heat the flowering tent when its light is off. That way temps during lights off period in the main tent will be more stable without the need of a heater.

hey artificial emotion, can you pls help, i had a problem with my one and only lady, its my first grow so made loads of mistakes, but got some great advice on this thread, well wat it is i was over feeding her with the nutes so now i have stopped for 5 days and she seems to have picked up, is it poss i have caused root block or burn? I know its a hypothetical question but from your experience if she is picking up do you think she will be ok?also how long should i not feed nutes so she uses Wats in the soil, thanx

If you over fed it , did you try flushing? 3X the ammount of water the container the plant's in.
Thats what I had to do when I got nute burn pretty bad.

Last edited:
Fucking Busted

Well I've been growing without my landlord's permission. He also happens to be my father in-law. He was pretty pissed off. Is? IDK. This may be the end for me. For now. Fuck.

:eek::!:(:|

Fuck it, what're you gunna do?
:D

Well I've been growing without my landlord's permission. He also happens to be my father in-law. He was pretty pissed off. Is? IDK. This may be the end for me. For now. Fuck.

:eek::!:(:|

Fuck it, what're you gunna do?
:D
Learn to ask for permission or just not grow next time ;)

Unlucky mate.

be more stealthy or ask permission , its no ones fault but the person that was growing.
If you knew he'd be pissed off about it (which I assume you would know if he would be or not) you should have thought about it first,
Not trying to be a dick, but, keeping weed hidden I've learned is nearly impossible if you dont own the place your staying in.(found that out myself , on accident, like you ofcourse, except I got off lucky, had my card, and my family was fine with it)