• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Every Year's Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

^ Nice garden AE :)

How long untill you flower? And how many plant's you got under that screen?

Hey Mistee. AE is spot on as usual, you need to be pushing all the hot air from the grow box out, and sucking in cooler air to keep those temps down. I dont do much indoor, but in the past when I have my main concern and number 1 thing to get done before putting any plant's into it is making sure there's a solid ventilation system in place that can move air in and out quickly, therfore keeping those temps at a more desirable level with no problem's due to heat.

They've been under 12/12 for about 1 week and there are only three plants. Here's a photo in the dark.

Cosmetically they don't look as good as if I hadn't used a scrog screen but I don't mind, as long as I get the yield ;)

Thanks for the complement!

Next grow, using my amazon I plan to use four plants. Ideally I'd like to SOG using loads of sites on my Amazon but I'd probably go to prison if caught!

Last edited:
I dont do much indoor

Just out of interest, do you grow on your own land or is it guerilla-style?

I would love to grow outdoors but recently finding the perfect place has been a little more difficult than I anticipated, due in part to me not being able/allowed to drive as I'm on medication. I might get my bicycle fixed to make getting around easier but it won't be easy. This year I'm probably going to grow in grow bags (the type that is like a canvas bag you fill with soil) until I find a decent place that I can cultivate for next year (so I get the freeze-thaw action of the ice in winter, which breaks up the ground, as you're probably aware).

The main problem with using grow bags is that you have to water them more frequently than if they were in the ground, which means going to the site(s) regularly.

A couple more shot's from today..

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

Very nice indeed. I'm jealous!

You're lucky you're growing over bracken as those spots tend to be better apparently.

Just out of interest, do you grow on your own land or is it guerilla-style?

This is guerilla, all of my past grows have been guerilla. The spot isnt to far from houses either, I can actually see the nearest house which is about 70 metres from the spot, although the area is full of tall growing ferns to it's pretty discrete.

Have you thought about growing a decent auto outdoor's to beat the frost's you guys get? I know of another grower on another forum from the UK whose choosing auto's next season as last year he grew a few normal flowerer's and had real bad problems with mold, even when he put them into a greenhouse.

Yes I actually probably will do both autos and a traditional outdoor strain. The only problem with autos is that you can't take clones so I'll have to be careful about my budget when I buy seeds, but yes I will try them for the first time.

Do you have any particular recommendations about which auto I should try?

Very nice indeed. I'm jealous!

You're lucky you're growing over bracken as those spots tend to be better apparently.
Yeah there perfect for stealth, the only real problem with them is they come down really easily forming obvious tracks.

Oh and another downside to em, is when it rains the leeches come out and usually it's not till I get home that I relise how many of the sucka's are sucking on me haha. Too many times I notice them crawling around on my floor after not noticing they were on me in the first place :|

Ive never grown any auto's before, but I was looking at them not long ago thinking about starting a few just for the heck of a quick easy harvest. These are a couple I looked into..

Ive never grown any auto's before, but I was looking at them not long ago thinking about starting a few just for the heck of a quick easy harvest. These are a couple I looked into..

<Wise, you know better. On the flip side, you've been a solid contributing member to BL for a long while, so no official action will be taken. Just please think before you post good sir/// I mean, this is about against the BLUA as it gets, but we all slip up. >

There are a few more auto's in the Autoflowering Strains to the left. You may have come across planetskunk before. That's a great seed bank, and ive been using the forums there for year's now, it's a nice small community compared to other larger places with no bullshit :)
There are a few more auto's in the Autoflowering Strains to the left. You may have come across planetskunk before. That's a great seed bank, and ive been using the forums there for year's now, it's a nice small community compared to other larger places with no bullshit :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuck! luckily we don't have leeches!

I've had that exact problem with the ferns/bracken forming a trail! What I did was to lay sticks along the trail to try and hide it.

went out there today and all the black pods are back :! i've moved it n i'll spray it with some soapy watern scrap all the pods off again n see if that works...

i'll put photos up later on

Damn after keeping up with this thread I REALLY hope they go away Junkie! Good luck with your anti-ant invasion man

went out there today and all the black pods are back :! i've moved it n i'll spray it with some soapy watern scrap all the pods off again n see if that works...

i'll put photos up later on

Just don't spray it with washing up liquid/detergent. You need fatty acid insecticide. Like this: Savona.

Either that or neem oil, which kills greenfly/blackfly aphids.

----

chronic bubonic. The weed may have been satisfactory to you, but that's besides the point really. There's no need for ruderalis genetics. There's no need for any of the attributes offered by autoflowering cannabis. I just don't see the point really. I'll take normal weed any day, thanks.

I've not seen anything to convince me growing autoflowering cannabis is worth growing. Personally i think it's a waste of time. Granted, i've never grown any, but to be honest i have no intention of doing so anyway given what i already know about these strains. Like i've said before if you missed it, they may have a place outdoors (growing in a greenhouse i class as outdoors). However, indoors is completely different.

lol

Hey there from up the road, JS - your plant is infested with SCALE INSECT, not aphids. These are sap-suckers that excrete a sugary substance ants love in repayment for keeping them safe from predators. As ^ writes, first spray the entire plant with soapy water (to break down the protective waxy coating on the scales' shells). When the plant dries off, hit it with a pyrethrum spray (if you're organically inclined) or malathion otherwise to kill the little bastards. Your ant problem will go away as well. There are plenty of safe, effective systemic insecticides you can use to protect your plant from munchers and suckers - ask @ Bunnings. Good luck. PS. Looks like a female in the shots. Hope so.

lol, I just watched some auto flowers last season, pretty neat experience to see, as they just do shit on their on, but, the part I REALLY DON'T like about them is the fact that you can not clone them, kind of blows really,
I mean, they are useful if you need a fast crop before frost or something, but
As for how much they produce and the cost of them, I think I'll be sticking to my Regular Fem Seeds.

I can't complain about the weed from the auto flower, smoke was pretty nice, just the prices and fact that you can't clone them is a huge drawback IMO, which is why I won't go with them. I like being able to grow a huge mother plant and take clone after clone and make little clone armies. LoL.

Got a question about my plants

Since trichs look some what like Mushrooms to me , I'll try to explain this in a way someone will be able to understand and help me out.

Okay,well, to me, a trichome under 60-100X magnification looks like a stem, with a ball on top, well, Most of my trichs are milky white, but that milky white only goes half way up the 'ball' on top of the 'stem' , So the stem is milky white, and the round top is only half milky white, while, the amber trichs are completely amber, (I'd say there about 10% clear, 70% Milky white and about 20% amber, now, this is pretty much what I was aiming for but Im confused about the trichs milky color not covering the entire trich , are they ready for harvest, or should I wait? Everything looks pretty good, The plants calyx are swollen, Idk, I know its difficult for anyone to answer without pics, but , if someone could explain what to look for, or if its alright to chop, or wait a bit more. Id appreciate it.

-edit-
Looked at them again tonight Most trichs are cloudy white, Some of them are just completely the color of milk, and some are just partially cloudy/milky color. Then there were about , Id say more or less 15-20 % of amber, trichs, 5% clear, and the rest milky, or partially milky. I looked at them under the flourecents in the kitchen rather than looking at them under the HPS...

I was wondering, Should I just let the soil dry out, and then cut them and hang them in the dark? or.... Pierce the stem with something and leave it in there (heard that creates a small ammount of more resin), anywho , plants looks pretty good to me, I want to cut them, trim them, and take pics, but I heard waiting for the soil to get extra dry before yanking them is what most of the people I know around here do. Idk
Any advice is appreciated....

Im so excited to get the bud and trim/cut it, but Im so sad to have to kill my babies </3.
Oh decisions.

Yeah, Ill try to get a few shots before I take them out, Want me to wait for my g/fs camera, or use my camera, lol

Thanks for the quick reply also, and I'd have to say, my g13 was the most beautiful plant I've ever seen, its got reds and purples and ah, I love it, ill try to get pictures of the colors on the plant because POP out at ya. Most of the other plants look a little goofy as all of their leaves have yellowed due to the plant using the nitrogen (I believe thats what causes it right?)
Anyways, Ill take a few tonight, see how they look, and if they dont turn out good, Ill post some from the clearer camera tomorrow evening.

Last edited:
^ Hey Prelude, if your seeing ANY amber in the trich's it's time to harvest :)

Also prelude, any chance on some shot's before they come down?

Last edited:
I think I may have swayed AE into trying auto's out after I mentioned I knew a fella also living in the UK who had really bad mold problems when it came to regular flowering plant's.

I think his post was mostly reffering to growing auto's indoor's.

He want's to beat the frost's when growing outdoor's, and growing auto's for him, will be the best way to achieve a succesfull outdoor harvest.

Hey guys hope your all off to a great 2011. Here is a pic or two of my tent from a couple days ago. Just threw these plants into bloom under a 400 hps. Have BOG Sweetcindy and trainwrecks in there. 4 diffrent phenos of sweetcindy all from seed and the tw is from the dispensary. I'll keep you all posted....
P1000050.jpg