• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Every Year's Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

"Potting medium" means the stuff they're planted in (soil, compost, rockwool etc) not the fertiliser dummy.

Well, I cut my plants last night ,and hung them , they are now in my closet, lights off, been there for about 20 hours, wondering when I should take them out and start trimming, as this is my first time I've ever harvested and had any yield, lol. I've started trimming the larger fan leaves, should I go ahead and continue to trim them, and the closet they are in the humidity is 45%, temp is about 65-70.

After I trim them, do I just put them in a paper bag and let dry? do I put them in a jar? lol, sorry , I feel stupid asking these questions, as I've trimmed many many plants for other people, but , I've never had my own plants turn out with anything until well, now :D
so yeah, sorry about the noob questions lol

Congrats on the harvest prelude :)

You can wait untill there dry then start trimming, or you can trim them while there drying. I find it easier to trim them right when I harvest personally, because once they dry up the leaves wrap around the buds and it becomes harder to trim.

Wait untill you can bend the stems to a right angle 90 degress and they snap for you. This is a good time to stick them into a jar for cure. Ive never used the paper bag method but I know some people like to. I like to keep it simple. Keep them in the closet hanging then into the jar's for a cure.

oh lol :) i dont know all those terms....ive got it in high quality rose soil with blood and bone fish n prawns mixed into the soil

Thank you :)

Ah, k, Ill continue to trim them in a dim light then.

I forgot why it is that they need to be in the dark for the days after you harvest them, doesn't it have something to do with the sugars and what not in the plant itself ?

Ill have to take some pics once I trim em up and cure them, :D , though, not the biggest harvest I've seen, looks like I got a few quality nugs out of my grow

The red on that leaf seems to be a deficiency.

If your feeding hydro nutes I would switch to organic for better results. IME hydro nutes never work as well as organic nutes when growing in soil, and the plant's always lack a certain spark. Like I said, IMO your plants would benefit more if you hit them with some Thrive.

Edit- Never used potting mix designed for rose's, so that could also be holding them back. Any chance on some shot's of the whole plant/s? And do you plan to reppot, or put them in ground before they start to flower?

i was just gonna keep it in the pot and move it to where theres about 8 hours of light a day.my nutes are fully organic.n ill get a full pic of it today. its pritty small

She looks slightly stressed to me. How often did you say you feed her? Also how often do you water and how much litres do you usually give when you do? Something just seems off with her :\

Im not trying to come across in a negative way either, just trying to help you out with growing a completely healthy girl. Health makes for stronger, faster growing and more potent plant's :)

Last edited:
Ladybirds/ladybugs will chow down on aphids, try and find some and set them on your plants (if aphids are in fact what you have). Diatomaceous earth is a good, organic product for pest control.

And this is all organic AND some sadistic ass stuff.

My biology teacher thought it was awesome how it worked.

Diatoms are little sea creatures which have silica shells. The shells are collected, and it's used as an abrasive in toothpaste, and as pest control as mentioned above, here is how it works:

Insects are arthropods which means 'jointed appendages', as in, their legs.

The little silica shells of the diatomaceous earth are really small and sharp on their tiny scale, as the insects with jointed legs walks through the fine powder it gets inside their leg joints. They eventually end up CUTTING THEIR OWN LIMBS OFF.

I told you it was sadistic.

lol wow fuckn hell.....feed her 10ltrs of water a day and 10 mils of seasol and 10 mils of power feed each 2 weeks in 11 ltrs of water

lol wow fuckn hell.....feed her 10ltrs of water a day and 10 mils of seasol and 10 mils of power feed each 2 weeks in 11 ltrs of water
That's your problem right there, your basically on the border of drowning her. I had a feeling it may have been after seeing the soil look pretty damp. Try feeding her just 3 litres, roughly every 2-3 days. Stick your finger an inch or two deep into the soil, and if it's moist then you dont need to water, if it's dry then water. Im guessing you were going by when the top surface drys out?

To much water to often will water log the soil, and puts the pH out, which stops the uptake of nutrients. This is why your girl is a yellowish colour and why your getting those red patches on your leaves.

You'll notice a massive shift in her appearance and growth soon if you cut back on the watering :)

And this is all organic AND some sadistic ass stuff.

My biology teacher thought it was awesome how it worked.

Diatoms are little sea creatures which have silica shells. The shells are collected, and it's used as an abrasive in toothpaste, and as pest control as mentioned above, here is how it works:

Insects are arthropods which means 'jointed appendages', as in, their legs.

The little silica shells of the diatomaceous earth are really small and sharp on their tiny scale, as the insects with jointed legs walks through the fine powder it gets inside their leg joints. They eventually end up CUTTING THEIR OWN LIMBS OFF.

I told you it was sadistic.
Nice informative post mate, very intresting.

Nice informative post mate, very intresting.

No problem ♠:D=D

I love sharing interesting things. What I want to know is how and who figured out that spreading concentrated diatoms on the ground will cause poor bugs to shear their own limbs off.

As much as I hate nuisance insects, I always feel bad thinking about the lady bugs and rolly-pollys that lose their legs in the crossfire.

I actually plan to go out and buy a whole load of styrofoam/polystyrene cups today for the cuttings. I'll have to set up my veg/clone area properly with ventilation alongside my main flowering tent. I plan to connect the intake from my main flowering tent to the extraction of my veg/cloning wardrobe so that I only need one carbon filter for both areas and the heat from the light in my veg area will heat the flowering tent when its light is off. That way temps during lights off period in the main tent will be more stable without the need of a heater.

hi there artificial emotion, well im devastated had a look at my girl yesterday after she has beeh, on 12/12 now for 4wks, and now and i have found seeds!!! Now even that this is my first grow and im new to it i know that this is the last thing i needed,
so i know this is the end for her/him and ill have to just look forward to my next one,
so now i need to know why? Is it some thing i have done wrong or some thing i havent done or is it just that she was a he all along, now i know there were no seeds up until the time i found them,
she has loads of pistills and buds and has recovered from the over feeding, oh i forgot, iv was given it as a baby so i dont know its origin but it showed ALL the signs of being a her, so can a plant turn at ant time in its life cycle? Or was it always a he? or is it some problem with my grow room? I have so many questions going round my brain , so pls can you or any one else here help and give me any advice or even tell me wat or where i have gone wrong, also shall i just throw it in the bin or should i dry it out and try smoking it? Is it worth it,
Sorry its so long but im so confused, i just want to know why, then i will put it down to experience and improve my set up and move on , thanx for any in put any one

Last edited:
That's your problem right there, your basically on the border of drowning her. I had a feeling it may have been after seeing the soil look pretty damp. Try feeding her just 3 litres, roughly every 2-3 days. Stick your finger an inch or two deep into the soil, and if it's moist then you dont need to water, if it's dry then water. Im guessing you were going by when the top surface drys out?

To much water to often will water log the soil, and puts the pH out, which stops the uptake of nutrients. This is why your girl is a yellowish colour and why your getting those red patches on your leaves.

You'll notice a massive shift in her appearance and growth soon if you cut back on the watering :)

oh shit somtimes i water her more so i will cut the water way back....yeah i was just watering it regardless if the soil is moist or not......thatnks for the tips keep em comming =D

haven't read much but the first dozen or so responses, but neem oil around the base of the plant and pot should get those fuckerz outta there. Perfectly organic too. tea tree oil would work (less effectively) & can chemically burn your plant.

oh shit somtimes i water her more so i will cut the water way back....yeah i was just watering it regardless if the soil is moist or not......thatnks for the tips keep em comming =D
No problems, let us know how she's looking in a week or so :)

I don't know how your setup is, but if possible, place some plants from the genus Allium(Garlic, Onion, Leek, etc) around the perimeter. Pests hate these and will avoid all surrounding areas.