• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences Part 4

Xayo I think there's actually very little evidence the ruderalis is actually a separate sub-species that originates from Russia. What's more likely is that it is simply just a trait, one that pops up in more than the 'ruderalis' type cannabis. It originates in 1924 with Russian botanist D.E. Yanischsky who was describing wild cannabis in southeastern Russia - e.g. the Altai. Vavilov used the term as synonymous with C. sativa var. spontanea. The main feature is the wildness of the seeds i.e. their small size, how the perianth remains on seed after shed - so seeds appear marbled, multi-coloured and very dark, possibly as a disguise, plus they have a horseshoe shape on the bottom, possibly to attract bugs. However wild seeds from the Himalaya have the same thing with the perianth and horseshoe, so it hardly suffices as a species classification.

Prelude I don't think larger plants necessarily take longer to flower. It depends more on the genetics and the individual phenotype. I wouldn't know how long it'll take to flower though. As for the buds looking all different, that's probably just the different phenotypes being expressed.

Is the breeder Nirvana? If so that's why you have so much variation. Most of their strains are F2 and that's why they're so cheap.

Last edited:
I must say I'm a big fan of the FIM (Fuck I Missed) technique. I never really understood how to do it properly for the longest time but it really is very simple. I managed to get 7 new apical shoots in one go instead of the normal two with the usual topping. The great thing about it is that you don't have to stress the plant by repeatedly topping the plant if you want more than two apical shoots. It means only one snip of the main shoot is needed.

Topping and the FIM technique don't necessarily increase yield by a dramatic amount, if at all, but the greatest advantage is that instead of one Coke bottle-sized cola that's prone to grey mould (botrytis) you have lots of smaller colas that are far less susceptible and you don't need to keep all your eggs in one basket.

Of course if you can, SCROG is much better. Vertical SCROG in particular is king. With little effort you can get 1.5g per Watt of yield, or even more with a bit more skill, experience, effort and the right strain whereas with the more conventional SCROG reaching 1g per Watt is really very difficult.

Yes It's nirvana :(
I didn't know they were cheap :(
Do any seed companies carry true F1 genes?
How do you know ?

I went to try and get some clones today, and this stupid shop stopped doing anything but marijuana delivery service.
Now , if I want clones, I have to go and drive 1 -2 hours to find anything decent
I'm going to Fresno tomorrow, hopefully I can find something worth while.
I have two plants outdoors already, both a strain that Ive never heard of , and I'm not sure it even exists (unfortunately people like to just make up random names, its called Ice berry, I've looked it up, only thing Ive heard about it, is that it is found in the Central Valley (where I am)

Anyways, Hopefully I can get some Sativa Dominant plants tomorrow.

As for my plants indoors, they are all looking good. Buds seems to be a bit small for week 3 1/2 (maybe Im just crazy, idk, Im gonna post pics in a bit)

As for FIM technique, I seem to think it increases yeild, slightly. Not much to drool over, but, it's a few extra bowls and joints in the end. (and more clippings , for hash and what not)
I plan to FIM one of my plants, and Top the other.
I've always had a problem with trying to figure the difference between topping and Fimming, I've seriously chopped up so many plant tops, and they all seem to come out doing the same thing.
I think I remember succesfully FIMing one plant that ended up giving me 4 new shoots.

Last edited:
I think Mr Nice has a NL thats meant to be ok, goes under a different name though "Ortega". They dont say that its a F1 but the blurb implies that the traits are stable- no idea about vigour of growth but there are some grow diaries for it out there.
I'm pretty sure that its cheaper than the Sensi NL which apparently is a stable combination of NL 1, 3 and 5.

Some companies explicitly say that the seeds they are selling are F1 but I have no idea how you would tell. I know Nirvana's PPP is meant to be F1 (according to them) but the two females we grew had distinctly different characteristics one had narrower leaves and a taller slender upright shape whereas the other was much more compact with broader leaves and much more branching, the smell was also much stronger.

I'm pretty sure F1s are supposed to be a uniform combination of traits from both parents that grows with vigour? The growth of both plants was very vigorous though so I'm not complaining.

Unfortunately most of their strains have a reputation as being extremely variable for the most part, with a couple of exceptions. People generally know this and don't mind buying them because they're cheap. If it were me I wouldn't bother with their strains because in order to find a keeper you'd have to grow out say something like 20 plants which takes up a lot of resources compared to other seeds where you can get a keeper in 10 reg seeds or 5 feminized seeds.

There are very few 'true' F1 strains about. The most accurate description I would use is a uniform multi-way/poly-hybrid strain. A lot of the breeders like Big Buddha haven't invested the time or resources into their breeding projects whereas there are a minority that most definitely have, and can produce photographic evidence of the sort of plant numbers they are dealing with. Mr Nice for example is really an exception to the rule. Some are really scientists (Scot Blakey from Mr Nice for example) that moved into breeding cannabis and have done the job properly right from the start. As such they charge a fair price for their strains but at the same time don't take the piss like the Doggies Nuts do when they sell bird seed for the cost of a second hand car for one pack of their more expensive 'strains'. Emerald Triangle Seeds, Ace Seeds, Cannabiogen, KC Brains, TH Seeds, TGA Subcool, Mandala and many more are examples of good breeders to look at. The breeder with the best range of quality strains that have been developed from original genetic material is undoubtedly Mr Nice.

Yes It's nirvana :(
I didn't know they were cheap :(
Do any seed companies carry true F1 genes?
How do you know ?

I went to try and get some clones today, and this stupid shop stopped doing anything but marijuana delivery service.
Now , if I want clones, I have to go and drive 1 -2 hours to find anything decent
I'm going to Fresno tomorrow, hopefully I can find something worth while.
I have two plants outdoors already, both a strain that Ive never heard of , and I'm not sure it even exists (unfortunately people like to just make up random names, its called Ice berry, I've looked it up, only thing Ive heard about it, is that it is found in the Central Valley (where I am)

Anyways, Hopefully I can get some Sativa Dominant plants tomorrow.

As for my plants indoors, they are all looking good. Buds seems to be a bit small for week 3 1/2 (maybe Im just crazy, idk, Im gonna post pics in a bit)

As for FIM technique, I seem to think it increases yeild, slightly. Not much to drool over, but, it's a few extra bowls and joints in the end. (and more clippings , for hash and what not)
I plan to FIM one of my plants, and Top the other.
I've always had a problem with trying to figure the difference between topping and Fimming, I've seriously chopped up so many plant tops, and they all seem to come out doing the same thing.
I think I remember succesfully FIMing one plant that ended up giving me 4 new shoots.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure F1s are supposed to be a uniform combination of traits from both parents that grows with vigour? The growth of both plants was very vigorous though so I'm not complaining.

Depends on what you call an 'F1', but the consensus is an F1 cross is made from two different strains that are completely different and is uniform but who's traits are expressed from heterozygous allele pairs. So it won't breed true but it will be uniform, meaning if you save the seed from an F1 the plants grown from that seed will be different the parents as more ancestral traits are expressed. An IBL on the other hand should also be uniform but should breed true for at least some important traits like height, yield etc.

F1s should be more vigorous, yes. It's called hybrid vigor and is due to heterosis.

Last edited:
Do you guys have any recommendations as far as microgrows go?

I've been interested in the whole PC-box thing, wondering if there are better ways.

I live in a very tight-leash state, so stealth is of the essence, smell is my main concern. I'm so paranoid about buying here, I figure the probability of me getting caught from a deal is more than the probability of me growing. Any advice?

I would go for a small wardrobe rather than a PC grow personally. They can be made very stealthy and you can make them so that you can lock them shut if needed to act as a mild deterrent. Plus depending on how much you smoke the yield would be comparatively better for producing the sort of amounts needed to last you for a decent while so you don't have to keep growing.

Couldn't get these nearly as clear as I wanted.
Went to Fresno today, none of the shops have clones, just seeds, I'll have to drive to Oakhurst to get clones,
Im just hoping to find a fellow grower in town to trade clones with, If not Ill just use my NL for a clone , really hoping I dont have to though.

And I agree with AE, doing a PC grow would be okay if you were ONLY growing for experience, and not for the bud.
I thought about making a tiny grow area at first. Then I realized that I wouldn't yield any product.

Thanks AE, and Justsayknow.
Do either of you have any reccomendations for a Sativa Hybrid/Sativa Dominant strain?
Which seed company would be the most reliable to go through?
I have about a 75$ range , for 5-10 seeds.
Feel free to PM if the thread won't allow certain things.

I feel like my buds are small for the beginning of week 4. :/ I hope they produce a good ammount.

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't do a PC grow, as AE said its probably alot smarter to go for a cap from the start, with the PC grow you will constantly have to worry about height, retraining your plant during flowering which seems to slow down the flowering a bit etc.
There are alot of small cab grows that use PL-L's (typically 4x55w) that seem to work great, google a bit about it =)
Alot of people build a veg and a flowering cab by scratch and the people who build their cabs from scratch seem to do the best (There even is some crazy vert-pl-l guy who is doing really great)

EDIT:
I also tried FIM recently but it was really a FIM as in Fuck I Missed. Ment to top them but 2 or 3 turned out fimmed
One is especially well fimmed looking like 5 new tops are coming up

NSFW:
11rpuyp.jpg

haven't put the plants out still :S logistics etc moving large volumes of soil without a car...

cab shot:
NSFW:

2d7j6a0.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I ended up running into an old friend who has been growing Purple Diesel . I asked if I could buy a few clones.
I'll be getting 4 clones of Purple Diesel on Wednesday (This guy owned his own Marijuana Dispensary, so I would like to believe he is legit)
I bought a new MH and HPS bulb today (I've had mine going for about 2 years now, figured buying replacements wouldn't be a bad idea.

Still concerned about getting such small buds with my plants, but they have another 3 weeks, hoping for the best.

Some pretty nice looking plants there Xayo. Nice work.
Did the plant you were revegging ever fully reveg? lol

gj on getting the purple diesel clones :D i was offered k2 clones the other day but dont have any space to for them =(

yes the plant is fully revegged you can see in her in the bottom corner.
I'm pruning her heavily every couple of days because she will have to stay in veg for atleast 2 months (I'm moving in 2 weeks, building a new cab, vegging the other plants to flower out etc)
She's showing preflowers everywhere and is stinking like mid flowering, she has 5 very thick mainbranches and a few sideshoots ^^

I'm so jealous of you guys being able to get clones.

xayo can you tell me whether your revegged plant has alternating or opposite nodes?

First pic opposite and second alternating as an example of what it means.

nodes.JPG

Clones are very sparse in germany too, seems like its a sign i climbed up the "dealer ladder" high enough for my dealer to have connections to growers

The reveg grew alternating nodes from the start i think, i can snatch a quick pic for you =)

NSFW:
14il5r4.jpg

I read about the alternating nodes being a sign of sexual maturity so i take it as a good sign ^^

I can't get warm with the biobizz veg nutes somehow...the plants look deficient and overfed at the same time :S
With the generic chemical fertilizer (like 1,90€ at the grocery store) the plants looked much healthier and happier in general, probably organics dont work so well with such a small pot size (400ml), i don't know...

Is your pH adjusted properly? If not, they may be getting too much of some nutrients, and not enough of others.

I finally put in my orders for my clones.
2 Purple Diesel. and 2 Pineapple Trainwreck.
I am going back tomorrow to see if they arrive, if not tomorrow I get them Wednesday.

My plants are looking alright, for some reasons, they aren't as spectacular as I was hoping, but I still have another 2 1/2 weeks, and from what I've seen, that's when the plants start to fill in.

I am really looking forward to these clones though. :)

xayo I hate to say it but bar their fishmix everything I've heard from other growers is that Biobizz nutes have gone way downhill in recent years. They used to be one of the market leaders in organic nutrients but since there was a reorganization in the company they started changing the formulation and people have been having nutrient deficiencies and lockout ever since. If I were you I would completely change brands or stick with just fishmix which works great in both veg and bloom. It's less to do with it being organic or pH IMO and more to do with the fertilizers itself.

That said if you're using Biobizz allmix it should have plenty of base nutrients in the soil itself so it shouldn't need feeding. At each pot up the roots should get fresh soil anyway and you shouldn't need to feed at all in veg IME. Organics should work fine in small pots.

edit: Hey there prelude, good to hear you managed to sort those clones out! I'm jealous! Do show us some pics when you get a chance if it's not too much trouble ;)

Last edited:
Meh I think next time I'm just buying a soft soil, perlite and guano seperately and mix that myself...probably better of than using this incredibly hot soil that somehow seems to be the root of the problems (no pun intended)
Well lesson learned I guess

EDIT: Anyone knows about the Hesi Line ?? Its the standard fert for pot growing in germany, anyone can say anything about it ?

Last edited:
Don't know about soil but for coco they're one of the best and are certainly my favorite so judging by their high standards I think they would be a safe bet.

Last edited: