• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Quitting Thread aka I need a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
depression + I need a break question!!

For the last few weeks, i have felt low depression symptoms. no motivation, emotions ,no energy...having a hard time focussing! I guess its pretty much related to my daily smoking for 3 years... Im on a break , week 2 without smoking! Im starting to feel better....but here's my question. Will I ever be able to smoke again? i mean I would like to smoke only on weekends or 1-2 time per month! Do you think that the symptoms will come back again!? any experiences with that?

Hey , bit of advice i can offer you is if you want to lay off weed for a bit but are having trouble , try taking Rhodiola Rosea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodiola_rosea

I found it to be a good herb for keeping your head screwed on, anxiety reduced and more energy and concentration.
Hope this helps.

Possibly health food stores, online definitely get on google :)

Also for quitting weed or taking breaks you may find Valerian Root and Camomile rather useful
I prefer a camomile tea with filtered water as it removes the chlorine taste of tap water here.

Smoking everyday has terrible effects on my entire being.

I always found it funny that people call daily drinkers alcoholics and most aren't proud to drink everyday, but daily tokers like to brag and show off, sometimes at the expense of their mental health.

This definitely seems cannabis related. I would do a slow taper until you get down to a small hit each night for a week, then walk away from the weed for a couple of months and see how you feel.

So many daily smokers don't realize how badly cannabis affects them and changes their personalities since they don't bother to abstain for more than a couple of days, so they don't know what "normal" really is.

I suggest to every weed smoker out there to take a 1-2 week break for every year of daily smoking, trust me, you might realize a lot of your anxiety and ADHD symptoms were being made a lot worse by smoking a psychedelic-containing herb on the daily.

This definitely seems cannabis related. I would do a slow taper until you get down to a small hit each night for a week, then walk away from the weed for a couple of months and see how you feel.

So many daily smokers don't realize how badly cannabis affects them and changes their personalities since they don't bother to abstain for more than a couple of days, so they don't know what "normal" really is.

I suggest to every weed smoker out there to take a 1-2 week break for every year of daily smoking, trust me, you might realize a lot of your anxiety and ADHD symptoms were being made a lot worse by smoking a psychedelic-containing herb on the daily.

thx for your advices, I was only smoking at night, not all day! ...but I started to feel little depress, no motivation ... and maybe 1-2 weeks after a music festival where I took drugs for two days...so I'm confuse about my depression, is it cause by my 3 years of smoking or my abuse of mdma ( at festival).

hey give weed a chance!! you are depressed because you did abuse with MDMA at a Festival!

Respect the weed usage!!

I would love to give weed a chance ( I love weed) but can one weekend cuz a long term depression...I mean 2-4 months!?

No man, weed doesn't mess your brain up long term like that dude. Smoking it from morning until night every day might make you alienated from society though, it definitely has to me. And if you do that for a long time, you will get addicted. First it will be once a week, then the odd time during the week, then before you know it every day, then after a few years of that you'll be waking up in the morning and reach for your bong without thinking about it, and it will be a huge effort not to do that. You can try to downplay the physical withdrawal symptoms like some people do, but psychological attachment can freak you out and set you off course. I didn't know this could happen when I started, so be aware of it, because it's not uncommon.

Or maybe smoking weed just reveals you to yourself? I don't think it does anything to me, it just reveals me to myself. And that is what has changed me, I've just become much more aware of my reality. Overall, my body has changed because it's addicted to weed now, and my brain has changed most of all. How that has to do with weed, umm I can't go back in time and replay where I'd be at if I never smoked weed so I don't know, I've abused other drugs too there are just so many confounding factors,... the reefer has done me both a lot of harm and good though and has been a major influence in my life. I'm by no means living by a rough standard but I'm not exactly happy either. It has changed everything so much, from having sex to going to the grocery store to communicating with other sentient beings or going for a bike ride.

It is harder for me to live life now because I see more possibilities with weed yet I'm constrained by the limited thinking of other people and bound to the shackles of government and I just don't know. I am overwhelmed and confused. But then again, nothing actually needs to be done or even happens as this is a dream.

I get so much enjoyment out of weed it is incredible, but when I run out I tend to become aggressive and depressed (the opposite of stoned me). Those are just concepts I have associated with due to my past experiences though, what I actually am is beyond words, is eternal and unchanging, and is the same thing as what you are.

Weed is the #1 drug I have used most of all by far. I would highly recommend it but I wish I would have known how addictive it can be. Now I just can't quit and I have tried, it fucks me over a bit. But then again, there is this truth that we are constantly slowly dying so we are all fucked as it is, unless we change our attitude towards death and embrace it instead.The euphoria of the kush, the mystical journeys and smiles I've made it a point to make a weed trip out of my life, I can't go back at this point and things are going swell so long as I can a constant supply.

Last edited:
^ Wise words, i think its about frequency.
The thing with weed is where its not physically harmful from what we can see, we really abuse it and some people including myself have smoked it or smoke or vape or whatever it a few times everyday.

That will alienate you as you said. Big Time

Im 4 days off weed now i feel very energetic, Ive found that herb Rhodiola Rosea really helps me to not want any or crave any, when used in combination with Tyrosine.

In short, Tyrosine and Rhodiola Rosea combo being a stress reliever .

it depends in the kind of life you have,
My case, Work Monday to Friday from 08:00 till 17:00 then I exercise almost 3 times a week sometime less sometimes more, and then I torch a big joint that's my reward of having done all my daily task... depressed maybe some day when I run off or have a heavy day at the office, but weed is my therapist and always make me realize how lucky I am..

In short, Tyrosine and Rhodiola Rosea combo being a stress reliever .

Darkside, every time I've "quit" or taken a break it's been completely cold turkey with nothing to ease the transition to sobriety. I've seen you around BL for a while and have come to respect your contributions, so I'm gonna go ahead and spend some money on tyrosine and rhodiola rosea even though I'm broke as a fuckin' joke right now. I hope what's worked for you will also work for me, especially since a lot of my drug habits are a result of stress overload and lack of coping mechanisms.

Is there any special way you take the combo, or do you just use as directed?

Jibult, i take 500mg Tyrosine in the morning and one 250mg capsule of Rhodiola Rosea.

Do not take rhodiola rosea after 12pm as it may give you trouble sleeping. Before that is fine.

You may take up to 500mg (morning and just before noon, say 11am). The key point to beating an addiction is Stress.
I have Chronic Bacterial prostatitits, so taking a break off weed for me was very difficult, i started in september and have only had the odd day off, so i have been doing it a few times a day every day for months!

My condition causes painful urination (cystitis) when i am stressed, so imagine how difficult it has been for me to quit!

PM me for any more advice or information i will be happy to help and good luck! it's great to clear the head of all drugs for a while :)

I have high hopes for this combination, for me personally it is the only thing ive been able to use to help me quit/ (take a break until i have access to a medical strain) . You need to beat the anxiety from withdrawal, i also find it slightly potentiates Valerian Root and Camomile, which are also good aid's to quitting for sleep and just general anti anxiety remedy.

THC Withdrawal IS REAL

Last edited:
I used to get it so bad - severe depression for at least a week, during which time I wouldn't have the motivation to do anything but lie on my bed suffering thinking about how angry I was that weed did this to me, so anxious, so pissed off, puking up a little oatmeal trying to digest something, up all night tossing and turning. I just finished vaping an ounce of og kush in 12 days though and already restocked so at this rate I'll be back there in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.