• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Quitting Thread aka I need a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
i keep going back after taking breaks, every time i feel guilty.. but good advice, just stay away.. in the end, the weed never really did much after the first few times i have smoked, if anything it makes it hard to learn new things and enjoy new things.. i get stuck on old memories and nothing new seems to happen..

Constant Vigilance iskalla. The same shit has happened to me; thought I could smoke once after a few months off and fucked myself over. Ended up burning out for 6 months pretty much wasting that period of my life lost in a haze of smoke before something clicked in my head and I tried to quit again. I thought I could get away with it, got pressured into it by a buddy, but I was immediately right back to my old tricks. Learn from your mistakes and don't look back. Don't give up cause of a relapse. My buddy is in rehab for cocaine his 2nd time around, these things happen but it doesn't mean you give up and burn out. I know better this time around, this is it. I will never smoke again, at least for years. 3 months is not nearly long enough.

Constant Vigilance iskalla. The same shit has happened to me; thought I could smoke once after a few months off and fucked myself over. Ended up burning out for 6 months pretty much wasting that period of my life lost in a haze of smoke before something clicked in my head and I tried to quit again. I thought I could get away with it, got pressured into it by a buddy, but I was immediately right back to my old tricks. Learn from your mistakes and don't look back. Don't give up cause of a relapse. My buddy is in rehab for cocaine his 2nd time around, these things happen but it doesn't mean you give up and burn out. I know better this time around, this is it. I will never smoke again, at least for years. 3 months is not nearly long enough.

this happens to me time and time again, we just need to write notes to our future selves..

this happens to me time and time again, we just need to write notes to our future selves..

At least we make the effort to take breaks. My problem is the initial high is so incredibly mystical and self analytical and awesome that I always end up experiencing it at some point. It's such a great time, and it's excellent for meditation. Fast forward a few days later though and the high is a shadow of its former self, I'm barely feeling the joints and smoking persistently to ward off cravings and withdrawal symptoms...

At least we make the effort to take breaks. My problem is the initial high is so incredibly mystical and self analytical and awesome that I always end up experiencing it at some point. It's such a great time, and it's excellent for meditation. Fast forward a few days later though and the high is a shadow of its former self, I'm barely feeling the joints and smoking persistently to ward off cravings and withdrawal symptoms...

thats what keeps me getting back into it.. I will smoke after months and get this amazing thought process and start to think about things that i normally never think about, or think about things differently.. but after a week of doing it I start to ask myself why am i doing this, and its not that great so i quit.

I get these same positive cognitive effects and more from taking mushrooms, which in my body do not have any addictive properties nor the awful side effects of smoking pot I've always been exposed to. So that's something I'll be able to look forward to in the future after I haven't smoked in a long while. Whenever I get cravings, I find it wise to think outside the box about why I'm getting them. Inside the box, I'm overwhelmed by the desire to smoke pot. Outside the box, I realize that it's basically just my body resisting change and that there isn't much in it for me to smoke apart from addiction. I've been reading a Buddhist text which claims there are 6 states of existence. In the depths of this addiction I would be characterized as a "being in Hell" (the lowest and worst realm, wracked by torture and characterized by aggression) whereas getting off it I'm a "hungry ghost" (The realm of hungry spirits; characterized by great craving and eternal starvation). I'm slowly but surely working my back to the "human" state.

have you guys noticed that when off the weed you start to do things like watch movies, play video games etc.. where as on the pot you kind of lose interest in things because its just the feeling of the high that takes everything over?

Yes but only if I've totally lost balance and the weed has gotten out of control. I find moderate use to be stimulating.

I'm way more of an egotistical asshole, and I'm far more miserable when I stop smoking weed (I'm more like the typical man) I tend to take criticism much less kindly when I haven't been getting baked. Therefore, I am going to start smoking pot again, and get stoned every night, for I am a slave to a monetary system that I want no part in at all but I do not have a choice in the matter. The monetary system, and evil bankers, have ruined the human race and forced us to work miserable jobs all our lives. The government is all-controlling (well, the black shadow government that we don't hear anything about at least), and Planet Earth is being utterly squashed while they feed us all lies and bullshit. The least I can do is smoke weed to help me overcome my feelings and come to the realization that it's all a silly dream anyways.

Yes but only if I've totally lost balance and the weed has gotten out of control. I find moderate use to be stimulating.

I'm way more of an egotistical asshole, and I'm far more miserable when I stop smoking weed (I'm more like the typical man) I tend to take criticism much less kindly when I haven't been getting baked. Therefore, I am going to start smoking pot again, and get stoned every night, for I am a slave to a monetary system that I want no part in at all but I do not have a choice in the matter. The monetary system, and evil bankers, have ruined the human race and forced us to work miserable jobs all our lives. The government is all-controlling (well, the black shadow government that we don't hear anything about at least), and Planet Earth is being utterly squashed while they feed us all lies and bullshit. The least I can do is smoke weed to help me overcome my feelings and come to the realization that it's all a silly dream anyways.

Easy skanking, skanking it easy
Easy skanking, skanking it slow [repeat]

Excuse me while I light my spliff
Good GOD I gotta take a lift
From reality I just can't drift
That's why I am staying with this riff

singin'!

Abort mission impossible - we have a volcano in the house. Worship today the awesome healing power of what is possibly the most enjoyable gadget I have ever known.

It's been a long, long time I've been smoking, smoking marijuana.
It takes me out of my mental ghetto, and places me in the Bahamas.
It puts my mind at ease,
Indulging myself in the calm breeze.
And my problems will float away, beyond the palm trees.

So I read that CBD is neuroprotective against alcohol-induced neurotoxicity. Since my body is in a state of cannabinoid deprivation (I quit from heavy use just 2 days ago), am I more susceptible to incurring neurotoxicity from alcohol? I'm worried that I shouldn't be drinking at all, that I'm in a 'delicate state', so to speak. I tend to be a hypchondriac so... if someone could use science to ease my unnecessary concern it would be lovely. Or prove me right, either way I'd be satisfied to have an answer.

I am on day 2 of a break, but I keep feeling the effects of weed every now and then. Will this be cannabinoids being released into my system from fat cells? I smoke all day usually so I imagine there will be quite a lot stored in my body.

Anyone else noticed this effect before?

A guide to quitting marijuana and hashish

This is an interesting resource. I don't agree with it's contents 100% but some of the questions under the "Check your way of thinking as a cannabis user" really hit home with me. It is worth checking out for anyone considering a break; anyone interested in responsible use of cannabis should occasionally take an honest look at the effects of their use.

A guide to quitting marijuana and hashish

This is an interesting resource. I don't agree with it's contents 100% but some of the questions under the "Check your way of thinking as a cannabis user" really hit home with me. It is worth checking out for anyone considering a break; anyone interested in responsible use of cannabis should occasionally take an honest look at the effects of their use.

I read through most of it. I also don't agree with it 100%, it kind of seems narrow and like their purpose is to get you off weed and on alcohol. "Do you feel like you've missed a big part of your life?" Yes, I did that on purpose. So I wouldn't be going to the bars and getting sloshed every day of the weekend with my alcoholic friends. Still, it makes some very good points that I haven't seen anywhere else. Good find! (Unless you were "forced" to take it....)

just had to quit smoking weed a few days ago when i ran out after smoking nearly every day cuz my supply ran out. 3 days in now and ive had nonstop cravings for weed and been unable to think much about any other topic for the entire time i stopped. it could have something to do with the fact that im depressed as fuck (which is why i smoke generally) all the time, but im still craving worse than anything ive ever experienced. opiates amphetamines nicotine alcohol none of them could hold a candle to the extreme cravings and NEED i feel for weed. does anyone have any advice for dealing with these cravings?

Abort mission impossible - we have a volcano in the house. Worship today the awesome healing power of what is possibly the most enjoyable gadget I have ever known.

It's been a long, long time I've been smoking, smoking marijuana.
It takes me out of my mental ghetto, and places me in the Bahamas.
It puts my mind at ease,
Indulging myself in the calm breeze.
And my problems will float away, beyond the palm trees.

ha EXACTLY the reason why i like it so much

Status
Not open for further replies.