• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Quitting Thread aka I need a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily smokers - need advice on tolerance break

So yeh, smoke since i was 14 now 19, 20 in october. Mostly smoked daily since then with like 4 months off it in 2009 and about a couple of months off it 2011 and 2011. Been smoking daily since about march this year. Been smoking high grade for the past 3 months. Weed just isnt the same, so i decided to go on a break, went really well tbh been off it for 2 weeks now. The first week was a tough time was bored as fuck. Second week it feels like ive not had a smoke in eternity. Been drinking alcohol quite more frequently (only weekends)
Basically how long should i quit for so i can feel a nice heavy stone? Was aiming for six weeks but dont want it to be all for nothing. Weigh 11 stone (70kg) with a super high metabolism. Work out lifting weights, minimal cardio. Physically demanding job (road works)
Tl;dr been smoking mostly daily since i was 14, im now nearly 20. Hud 4 months off in 2009. Couple of months in 2011. Been daily smoking since march this year, been smoking high grade week days for past 2-3 months, how long should i go for a break? 6 weeks? Super high metabolism

Thank you much love regards
Scotland

man you really dont need that long off to be honest, i know your lungs go back to close to normal after the first couple weeks, but thats only if your smoking weed and no tobacco, i would say only two to threee weeks should do, it really doesnt take that long to recoop at all. I would definitely say six weeks is overkill. but hey man im not gonna tell you what to do, if you want to by all means six weeks is dope

Last edited:
It doesn't take that long. When I was smoking herb daily years ago I went from being a total pothead smoking multiple times a day and staying stoned all day and night for a month, and then I didn't smoke at all for almost a month and the next time I smoked I had no tolerance at all.

If you want to get back into smoking or using herb when you haven't for awhile if you get anxiety/panic attacks just smoke a very small amount or vaporize a single hit from a small pipe, one hitter, or if you smoke with friends just take a single hit from a joint. You can always smoke more later, or at another time. Some people find that Sativa strains make them more anxious/paranoid, and others don't like Indica strains. I'd save the gravity bongs and large doses of smoked cannabis or vapor for when you get a bit of a tolerance. If you get anxiety/panic from just a single hit try to talk yourself down like you did before. Also if you're stressed out, depressed, not in a good mood, etc. I would wait until another time to smoke.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, i went through a bad time in life and abused heroin for a good month and diazepam. (didnt smoke weed cos was spending my money on all that) When i finally came out my stupor and delirium and detoxed, had a gravity bong. I was fucking stoned. Actualy had a mini panic attack but just told myself i was goin to be fine and not to let the smoke mindrape me. Any ideas for easing back into? It wasnt enjoyable being that paranoid

Sorry for double post is it true you build tolerance to a specific strain? Cos was smoking same strain for months before i decided to have a break

i was a heavy smoker for medicinal reasons, and changing the strain was and still is a must, or hash for a while if possible.

while taking klonopin it was apparent the decrees in the "high", not the psychical issues but psychologically, the was much less of an affect.

you have over 60 working cannabinoids in your weed which is why they all have such wonderfully diverse effects. you will always get a cross tolerance but changing the high makes a huge difference. just remember when you go back to smoking it, if you dont go mental on it you can still have a great time like before with like, half as much maybe less.

when i take a break from weed i normally get something mind expanding and trippy, acid, shrooms or K normally. Theres no actual withdrawal from stopping smoking except for the week or so when your mind has to start making its own cannabinoids again since you have been saving it the effort, which is why you will have troubles sleeping and being as interested in things, and the psychological dependence which is purely a state of mind as i managed to teach myself. psychological dependence can be awful as it is, your mind holds everything together so when it turns on you, you become your own worst enemy until you overcome it.

Hope you feel better soon dude, and i know that first joint / cone will be amazing for you :)

Thanks guys. Got some good advice here. Gonna wait another another 4 weeks for the 6 week mark, purely for financial reasons. I look forward to my first smoke back. Weed for life lol i find its the only drug that i dont near enough kill myself with. Thanks again enjoy blazing up!

Thanks guys. Got some good advice here. Gonna wait another another 4 weeks for the 6 week mark, purely for financial reasons. I look forward to my first smoke back. Weed for life lol i find its the only drug that i dont near enough kill myself with. Thanks again enjoy blazing up!

Yeah I think the 6wk mark is a good goal! I loved it when i got off Billy's for a couple months and then the first cone was awesome I hadn't been that stoned for years lol but it only takes a week or 3 of smoking everyday to lose that stoned feeling again :(

just try smokin a lil less is all i can say, and definetely a joint for yur first sesh back

I definitely need a break. I always crave a smoke but never seem to enjoy the actual high after 5 mins anymore. I feel good, then just get the physical symptoms of anxiety for no reason even though mentally I'm okay. Lol Ugh I just want to chill but my heart is racing none stop, why does this keep happening?

I'm a daily smoker and have been for 3 years now.

Last edited:
I am a daily smoker and have been for awhile. If I go just a few days without smoking my tolerance drops pretty fast. I think for heavyyy smokers that high tolerance will drop fast..and than the decrease of tolerance over time kinda leverls out after the first 4 days id say.

anyways....merging with Taking a Break Mega thread.

I've been a daily smoker for around four years, with the odd tolerance break and spots when I couldn't afford it. Recently I had a break of around 3 weeks to get my tolerance down. Bought 2.7g last Sat, rolled a spliff with around 250mg in, it lasted me all night at a party, smoking a quarter of it at a time. When you've taken a break you notice all the subtleties of weed you used to love. After a bit it just makes you relaxed and your eyes heavy.

Anyway I finished my bud off last night, and I was easily back up to my old tolerance levels, needing to stick around half a gram in. It can be easy to get rid of your tolerance, but it comes back pretty much straight away as well. Gonna have a 6 week break now, for the first time in ages I'm just not assed about weed, especially not when I have to smoke half a gram to get baked

I don't really find stopping hard. My last couple years of high school I smoked pretty much everyday. Both years I took the December break off from smoking, 3 weeks. I had the occasional urge but it was easy to suppress, just got to find something to do. Not that 3 weeks is a heroic break, but I didn't find it hard at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.