• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Quitting Thread aka I need a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is just weed bro^ but i, as well as many others, began to experience negative effects after smoking daily for many years (8 years for me). So take it easy on your smoking, smoke once or twice a week and you will not run into these issues. If you smoke heavily then there's probably a 50% chance you'll end up like myself and the many others who have posted threads about how they can no longer enjoy their favorite plant. Treat it with respect, it is not as harmless as some make it out to be and if you don't respect it, it will bite you in the ass one day.

I'm currently on a break... Again... On the positive side my internship turned into a part time job year round while I go back to school, but on the down side any prime contractor that gets lots of federal jobs has to meet federal drug testing mandates : ( I seems like over the years ganja has become almost like a part of my personality.

I'm not sure if that is because it's had a fundamental impact on my development or because the herb slightly alters my personality when I habitually smoke it, or maybe just when I'm actually high.

Anyways I find it to be much easier to quit smoking with plenty of exercise, sex, a little more drinking and plenty of preoccupying activities (thus sex and drinking : ) )

I have kind of a psychological dependence on weed. I feel like a much better person to be around when I'm high -- more relaxed, easy-going, and funny. Though I'm relatively sure that's all in my head as when I remember conversations I've had when I'm high I was actually just silent and sort of awkward, with the occasional witty comment.

I haven't smoked for the past week, but I crave weed very strongly. Even though my head is much clearer and my short-term memory now functioning again, I'd still smoke in a heartbeat if it was offered to me. I feel so obnoxious and like I'm trying too hard when I'm sober.

i'm quitting weed for a while! I started to feel a little depress, tired, no motivation... I have been smoking for 3 years now and I thing its pretty much related to that! I love smoking, I really do lol, but i think its time for me to take a break, and maybe smoke less if I ever smoke again!

i am on day 2 no weed.. feel so much better.. so much more motivated and less depressed.. now if you follow my posts you can see i take breaks for weeks and always go back.. but every time i quit i rave about the positive results.. you will see what i mean in the next few days..

its great to read all this comments,
my case, a religious cannabis user since 17-18 I'm 26 now have a normal life, got my degree in college, got a normal descent job and smoke weed everyday after I've finished my daily tasks (that's the trick), my social life it's ok too , although society would categorised me as a anti-social human been, maybe schizophrenic too but I don't fucking mind as long as my family, girl and friends stay in my personal top care list..

Quitting weed is not so difficult, I have had long breaks like a week or a month, for health issues (fucking flue) or study reasons, but then when I'm ready to smoke again I feel so proud of my self control that I convince myself that smoking weed is my reward for this crazy intolerant world we are living don't you?

I am not trying to quit cannabis, however I just need a couple of days or so off ALL Drugs, Substances, Herbs etc.

I need to clear my mind a little, however I am having extreme difficulty in not sparking up/vaping.
Cannabis really eases my upper back pain from a previous back injury, and pain in other joints too.

I am in a fair bit of pain without it i realised today.

its great to read all this comments,
my case, a religious cannabis user since 17-18 I'm 26 now have a normal life, got my degree in college, got a normal descent job and smoke weed everyday after I've finished my daily tasks (that's the trick), my social life it's ok too , although society would categorised me as a anti-social human been, maybe schizophrenic too but I don't fucking mind as long as my family, girl and friends stay in my personal top care list..

Quitting weed is not so difficult, I have had long breaks like a week or a month, for health issues (fucking flue) or study reasons, but then when I'm ready to smoke again I feel so proud of my self control that I convince myself that smoking weed is my reward for this crazy intolerant world we are living don't you?

Excellent post!! & I agree 100%. This is what I've been saying...save the weed smoking for AFTER your workday/schoolday is over. THEN get blasted. It's all about moderation & priorities...plus have it as kind of a reward for a day gone well...or to forget a day gone to hell. :\

I need to quit, I have about a pinch and a half left that I'll finish off tonight. The reason is that I'm going to see my rents for a week in 3 days , they know I used to have a substance abuse problem a couple years ago, but don't know that I still smoke weed and cigs daily. For past 2 or so months I've only been smoking a few pinches at night when I get off work so my head isn't as saturated as it usually was when school was in session. It's gotten me pretty coherent, but still I would like to have that speed and control and flow of conversation that my parents have.

Some of my friends are taken aback when they learn my parents don't know I smoke anything. Like its cool to have your rents know. But my dad said he doesn't really care and that it's my own business but my mom freaks about it, and I busted her balls as far as they could be busted while I was living with them, and I regret it and I just want her not to worry about my health and safety and stuff.

I've quit numerous times before, but this has been one of the longest times I've gone without quitting in a while.

So after tonight I'm done and won't be able to smoke for about a week and a half. But even when I get back I may try to go the McKenna route and smoke only on weekends/every 2 weeks. I can get stuff done on the nightly smoking schedule I have now, but it does linger and some of the effects take a while to wear off.

Im having really hard time getting off smoking. I didnt start until a year ago now its an everyday or I FEEL physical symptoms, and I onnnlllyyy smoke it if I can smell it across the room

You're telling me. As a decade long burnout trying to quit yet again (been quitting for 2 years now) it's still fucking torture sometimes after 2 weeks without burning. No physical symptoms just an extreme psychological attachment that cannot be remediated by anything but a bong rip. I've never felt anything remotely like this outside of the dope. I would get baked in an instant if it was available and I am wondering when this will end, when I will stop obsessing over it. I don't know if it will ever stop I will forever fiend. I need to get back to a book or a yoga posture because as soon as my mind isn't focussed on something it wonders right back to bong rip, bong rip, bong rip... FUCK.

Apart from these random intense feelings that come up once in a while I am feeling much better, as I have my brain back. Someone else has been in control and I've been trapped inside paying dealers like a sheep, all the while wanting to quit so bad but my central nervous system operates mechanically, so simplified by my addiction... and I follow my body to the drug dealers, watch myself through the other side of a thick, bulletproof glass window hitting that bong robotically, uncontrollably. On the pot I can stare at my wall listening to ambient music all day long, emptiness is all I know. My life was completely devoid of emotion apart from my strong feelings for marijuana. I'd smoke my stash inconceivably fast with the inner goal and desire to quit as soon as it ran out. Yeah right... how foolish, I had forgotten that I required it to feel calm, the inner turmoil was torture as soon as my bag ran dry. I'd be back to the mother fucking drug slinging scumbag in no time at all ("hey dude! Yeah sure man, I can help ya out! Another ounce? Surrrre buddy! Good stuff purple kush you'll love it!").

I am a hard worker contributing to society, brainwashed to make these dope growers rich who indesputably acquire a portion of my every paycheck. The wall between myself and pot is beginning to strengthen. I am seeing the concept of a joint in a new light... something completely unnecessary, highly addictive and bad for my mind and health. A complete waste of my infinite potential. My good old self is back behind the wheel and building that wall of defense up slowly but surely. I've come too far at this point, I can never go back. I'm beginning to feel like I'm out and it's wonderful, truly wonderful. I am reading incessantly, practicing yoga and meditating - doing what's important to me and wasting very little time, as I have long picked up the goal of becoming enlightened in this lifetime and this will never happen so long as I am an addict. To think that this drug deluded me to believe it was helping me advance spiritually, when I know that the #1 thing I need to do in order to progress is beat the junk. I have enough energy that I'm dreaming again at night, vividly - I lose touch with my dreams on the junk and dreaming is a splendid component of my existence. One little hit though, and it's back to square one.

I lose my voice on that junk, I lose the ability to speak my mind. I'm trapped inside and the only things worth saying are related to picking up pot. Otherwise, I do not give a fuck and everyone pisses me off and I wish to be alone. It literally makes me retarded. I am back with a mother fucking vengeance and a smile on my face that has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of drugs I have or what I took today, which was a nice warm cup of matcha green tea.

I've seen this junk fry so many brains it's rediculous, and they arn't even aware of it. If only my braindead stoner friends could be honest with themselves as well, it's truly sad to see... I never realized it myself until I took psilocybin mushrooms for the first time, went to smoke a joint and backed out. I've never seen this shit the same way since.

Last edited:
Day one .... Feigning! Well not surprising considering I've been high for 9 years straight.

Argh, I have weed in the drawer but if I want my life back on the rail I'll just continue to ignore it.

There's times you "quit" and times you "QUIT" this is for the long haul. Will resist somehow and report back tomorrow.

if its for the long haul give your stash, grinder, etc to your bud. when i stopped a few months back, i gave away two amazing bongs, 5 bowls/bubblers, a grinder, quarter of headies, couple grams of hash and kief to my friends/gf/housemates. No temptation when theres nothing to tempt you.

Day one .... Feigning! Well not surprising considering I've been high for 9 years straight.

Argh, I have weed in the drawer but if I want my life back on the rail I'll just continue to ignore it.

There's times you "quit" and times you "QUIT" this is for the long haul. Will resist somehow and report back tomorrow.

If you need to rid yourself of the temptation, I can help you by taking all that off your hands.=D

Thanks guise!

Remove temptation you say ...

I live with my lil bro who's a dealer ;o ... I gave him my weed and told him to not give it back to me and not to sell me any. I just came back from the bottle shop with some wine. It helps ALOT with the cravings just to get me through the first four days or so.

Music and wine feels divine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrXDolxczmw

^ I can go all day, till bedtime. But then I realise I haven't relaxed at all, all day, and sleeping becomes a major chore.

Hang in there 8ft.

just wanted to let everyone know that i had a relapse after about 3 months of not smoking. it happened because i allowed myself one exception to smoke with friends. this one exception was enough to drop wall i had built up over three months. within a week i had my own weed and fell back into my normal habits. my advice for long time stoners: dont let your guard down even once. if you want to quit weed for good, do exactly that. no exceptions, ever. or at least not as early as 3 months in...

Status
Not open for further replies.