• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

MEDMJ - Best strain for chronic pain. (Aka what have you taken?)

Indica dominant is definitely where it’s at for you. And interesting that your dealing with depression when high.. If it keeps up you may have to look elsewhere but fortunately there’s a treasure trove of medicine in the cannabis plant and a lot of different substances to try.

Honestly I’m finding for me personally as I explore different strains that I just buy a little bit of a lot of different ones then try em all and see what I like. Even familiar strain names can be different based on growing techniques and/or unavoidable genetic differences that grow with time.

Supposedly citrus/lemony strains are better for depression, maybe try some out?

-GC

OK, so I’m getting depressed now. That event must have triggered something.

I don’t want to give up. Did a 15% THC 5% CBD blend and got a little bummed out, then took another hit and feel good minus that lingering thought.

I want the cartridges and different products, but they aren’t around here yet.

You think this feeling will pass?

So, I think the strain I bought, Ripley, is making me uneasy. The same thing happened with 92 Cookies.

So far, Electric Bubble and Cookies and Cream are my top choices with AC/DC being a great CBD strain.

Still bummed out today - hoping this passes.

So, I think the strain I bought, Ripley, is making me uneasy. The same thing happened with 92 Cookies.

So far, Electric Bubble and Cookies and Cream are my top choices with AC/DC being a great CBD strain.

Although it's not great for pain I just picked up "platinum sour diesel" and I've never had anything help with depression and anxiety this much. I've literally become a noticeably different person with this strain. I went back the next day and spent every dollar I had buying more even though I still had some. If you can find this strain please try it.

Thanks for the terp chart. I’ve been researching them individually since and have tried strains which I feel hold terps I want.

For me I’m finding pinene and limonene are great for day time smoke and my preferred high. Pinene being the top. I’m finding mycrene, linalool heavy strains are preferred for night.

-GC

So, I’ve been in this strain called Velvet Blush. I can say that this strain takes my pain away for quite some time. It’s a lower (13%) THC. Gets me a good body buzz.

Will have a few good weeks then back to paranoia and anxiety. Still trucking away on it. Problem with dispensaries is you’ll get used to a product and they’ll drop it from the menu.

Some helpful reading for you..
Should explain a lot and answer some of your concerns...

I have found that what works with my body's chemistry is different from what some people here are suggesting. I have three herniated discs in my lower back.
Here is how it works for me
CBD flower (vape) by itself has a slight pain effect
Sativa flower (vape) has a slight pain effect
Indica flower (vape) has a more moderate pain effect.
1/3 CBD (vape) plus 2/3 Indica (vape) = still the same moderate pain relief as Indica by itself
1/3 CBD (vape) plus 2/3 Sativa (vape) = strong pain relief without the Indica knockout - This is the winner for me
I have found that 2/3 Trainwreck (80% Sativa) mixed with 1/3 AC/DC (CBD) is the very best combo for strong pain relief with mental clarity and a happy feeling.

If you looking for a normal bud strain, I have found the following to help:
Harlem Quinn
Green crack

Getting my medical marijuana card this week. I?ll be using for chronic pain.

Do any of you get prescribed medmj? What?s your preferred product?

Does it it work for you?

i want the best strain for pain with the least amount of psychoactive effects possible. Weed scares me from a bad trip years ago. This is basically my last resort. Very nervous.
I’ve used medical Cannabis for about 3 years to treat nausea and chronic pain, and I’ve seen doctors who specialize in the Endocannabinoid system. This is my takeaway, but I’m sure it will be seen as controversial to other cannabis users. The categories indica, sativa, or hybrid don’t matter in and of themselves. What matters is the cannabinoid and terpene content. THC works great for nausea and a long list of other things. CBD works great for pain, relaxation, and many other things. CBN works great for primarily for sleep. You should look up terpene effects on Leafly because there are too many to get into. Basically strains have different terpene contents which give different effects. For example, indica strains tend to be higher in linalool which is relaxing and more sedating so people attribute the feeling of sleepiness with indica. In reality, if someone was looking for a sedating strain they should look up ones high in linalool rather than randomly choosing indica strains. You just need to look up the exact terpenes that would work best for you and find specific strains that fit the requirements the best. Also look for things high in CBD for less of a psychoactive effect, but small amounts of THC may be helpful. Vaporizers that can be set to the ideal settings for the cannabinoids and terpenoids you want are probably the best way to ingest them. I didn’t mean to over complicate things but I felt this was important for new people to know. Good luck!

Update. I've been on the medical program for well over a year. Everything is great. I still get my bummer moments, but I'm at a very high tolerance and came back to talk dabs!

Really went down in usage. Currently at around 30~ 50mg a day. Today I freaked myself out pretty bad. Still ongoing.

Does it it work for you?

i want the best strain for pain with the least amount of psychoactive effects possible. Weed scares me from a bad trip years ago. This is basically my last resort. Very nervous.
The only 3 strains that help that ny's mmj system has are Mountain, Han Solo Berger, and curaleaf's ogk. Remo chemo is ok.

But in general: herijuana, Petrolia headstash, Ace of spades, matanuska thunderfuck. Any any outcrops involving these

i was prescribed it, not for pain but i did use it for pain anyway (after physical labor days at work, joint and muscle pain from years of back and knee abuse)... in case you value tangential feedback.

i noticed strains with mad caryophyllene (maybe also humulene, aka alpha caryophyllene) were the best for this... ymmv, but chemdog relatives (onycd, stardawg, guava incross aka guava ix, dog patch, sister city, sour bobby, tres dawg, etc etc) really did the trick. just the right amount of relaxation and (jangled nerves, physical pain) relief out the wazzooo.

sometimes, sour diesel varieties worked out (sometimes not, amherst sour d, every time, really made me reliably and repeatedly depressed and anxious... which, from what i gather is not uncommon with that particlar variety)

hope this is of value, hope you find what's best for you.

(also of note, sometimes a good [potent... i like homemade from bulk] cbd ointment rubbed on the offending spots was enough)

Last edited:

tbh, anything cookies (or anything high myrcene), sometimes og kush varieties (larry is the exception, although it was one of these high-ups-and-hard-crashes ones)... they tend to make me the depressed type of anxious, like i want to jump out of my skin... like existential trepidation sometimes. cookies and cream/ gmo are tolerable, even good... but i prefer the chem/ diesel/ dawg- heavy offerings.

i like to stick with high caryophyllene (bcp), low myrcene and moderate everything else.

beta ocimene and linalo-ol seem pretty good, limonene is fine or great, the pinenes seem to wear off quickly iirc so no real issue once the high settles in.

i suspect that the sesquiterps in general are what i'm after (side note, i LOVE the smell of cedar and also sandalwood to an obsessive level, iirc they both have a bunch of sesquiterps... also am obsessed with black pepper and grains of paradise, perhaps there's a subconscious message in there somewhere telling me what things will work) amber resin is my soulmate, i wonder what is in it...

addendum:

(sorry, for adding so much, lol i keep going back and reading more of your comments)

i just remembered, a couple of strains that helped me in terms of weed- induced anxiety:

mag landrace and cherry chem, also purple punch to an extent and some unknown (i forget) bubba kush related variety and a chemdawg/ mag landrace hybrid (mag '91? i think?),

iirc... each of these (in order of most helpful first, mag landrace being the best one for this) was AMAZING as a daytime indica, ie serious relaxation without lethargy (i hate indicas and the hard crash strains that make me feel burnt out and stupid/ tired, these are NOT like that) ... they really smacked the anxiety down, with NO weed- induced existential trepidation AT ALL, which is typically a problem for me with ANY strain.)

also, i REALLY like rso... as long as it was the right one. some ramped up the anxiety... and yet others (typically the dark, thick, used motor- oil looking ones) put me to sleep.

the good ones were right in the middle (stardawg, for instance), nice and relaxing without draining me.

i recommend titrating VERY carefully with rso (and screw edibles, they are always too expensive per mg... and not reliable... but a good rso is KING!!)

One word and one word only N-O-R-T-H-E-N L-I-G-H-T-S best strain ever as long as it is proper one fuck i want some northen lights

good news, northern lights is in sooooo many strains these days, it's pretty much ubiquitous... you can't hardly throw a stone without hitting a sack of a nl hybrid.

for some reason (it's bag appeal, lol.. that, and shorter flowering season and bigger yields... sativa/ indica hybrids really put out), the thing to do all throughout the 90s (and still to this day, when the rare landrace is stumbled upon) was to find a really nice landrace sativa (say, santa marta gold, for instance) and water it down with NL or some other commercial grade indica.

don't get me wrong, i love me some northern lights and a good pakistani or afghani indica (or iranian, in the case of mag landy)... but i tend to like em separate (cept for a few select strains, like the diesels). i could go for a good haze right now...for whatever reason, pure sativas don't give me the existential weed trepidation like the 50/50 hybrids tend to.

anyway, this goofy rant was brought to you by vertigo from the very first covid infection i've had, cheers!

Last edited:

Does it it work for you?

It doesn't work very well for mine or my GF's chronic pain.