• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

MEDMJ - Best strain for chronic pain. (Aka what have you taken?)

Automator

Bluelighter
Getting my medical marijuana card this week. I?ll be using for chronic pain.

Do any of you get prescribed medmj? What?s your preferred product?

Does it it work for you?

i want the best strain for pain with the least amount of psychoactive effects possible. Weed scares me from a bad trip years ago. This is basically my last resort. Very nervous.

Don't know where you live, but suggest a 1:1 THC:CBD cartridge. The CBD should mellow out the THC and you can easily control your doses.

Tom

I got a 6% THC 7% CBD strain today. I haven’t smoked in 23 years - it’s weird vaping it out of a ceramic vaporizer. Seems I’m not getting good delivery of the product and it cashed out quickly.

I felt maybe a little bit.

What did you feel? And which strain did you try?

I mentioned a couple strain names in your thread in MH, but again, leafly needs to be taken with a grain of salt and everyone's chemistry is different.

Strains high in CBD will help with inflammation, and also help give you sounder sleep.

Getting my medical marijuana card this week. I?ll be using for chronic pain.

Do any of you get prescribed medmj? What?s your preferred product?

Does it it work for you?

i want the best strain for pain with the least amount of psychoactive effects possible. Weed scares me from a bad trip years ago. This is basically my last resort. Very nervous.

The best that i have personally tried is platinum og. It puts you to sleep.
Next is purple trainwreck. Makes you happy and less focused on pain.
Outside of that all I can really say is if you have anxiety problems (like I do) especially ones that get much worse with smoking (like I do) then stay away from strong sativa strains. I never go over 60%Sativa/40Indica. I always go for a pretty even hybrid (50sat/50ind) range or a slightly indica dominant (60ind/40sat) or (70ind/30sat) that way it still has a bit of the head high (which takes your mind off of things like pain) but it's not so strong that it causes a panic attack. If you're overly worried to start off and don't mind that couch lock feeling then stick to full indica in the beginning and move slowly towards a hybrid. Hope this helps. :)

I’m straight indica. Got a 13% thc .09 cbd strain and blended it with the low thc bud I mentioned earlier. No noticeable effects. Felt slight panic earlier but it only lasted 20 seconds at most.

I have a hybrid strain and an indica strain. One is called Electric Bubble and the other is Inception.

I don’t think I felt anything but maybe relaxation. Nothing else really. I’m not getting high or buzzed. Using a dry herb vaporizer. No noticeable pain relief. Does it need to build in your system?

What did you feel? And which strain did you try?

I mentioned a couple strain names in your thread in MH, but again, leafly needs to be taken with a grain of salt and everyone's chemistry is different.

Strains high in CBD will help with inflammation, and also help give you sounder sleep.

If I were you, i'd try different methods of smoking.

When you smoke flower, you're inhaling the full range of secondary compounds which may lead to greater symptom relief and psychoactive experience. When vaping, you're inhaling an oil that contains mostly cannabinoids, so the effect may feel more one directional.

The plateau of marijuana is very quick, as in it only takes a couple hits before you reach a high, and anything more just seems to be overkill, a waste, and potentiates negative effects IME.

I'd give flower a try before you knock it - just a hit. Feel it out for five minutes and if you feel at ease, take just one more.

Blue dream looks fine. Good strain on paper, but your results have more to do with your own chemistry, how you smoke it, and the mindset you're in before you get high IMO.

For me, if I smoke while anxious it will just make me more anxious. Try to pick a time where things are settled, you're comfortable, and at ease. IME, it's not like xanax where no matter what you calm down, there are other factors.

Thats just me. I hope you find peace and comfort my friend.

Report back.

Blue Dream flowers smoked have consistently provided me with this type of pain relief but everyone's chemistry is unique.

Vaping it has not.

So, what I do is load up the ceramic chamber with ground marijuana. I’ll heat it to 365*F and do a 3-4 second pull. Hold it in for a few seconds and exhale. I do it twice. Should I up the temp or my dose? I felt a light body buzz today. Nothing serious, maybe a 2/10.

I’ve never gotten that decent of a buzz from vaping flower personally, after many attempts with many of the highest end vaporizers. I highly suggest trying to actually smoke it but even then I’d suggest a strain with higher percentage of THC. CBD does much better in synergy with a reasonable THC content.

Also go the edible route for the best pain relief. Go find Forbidden Fruit (my favorite), Casablanca, Blue Dream, or Cherry Pie. One should be fairly common near you and if you make your own butter then edibles you’ll get much better pain relief at a lot less cost.

-GC

Thanks man, I’m a novice when it comes to MJ. Been a LOOOONG time since I used.

Am I to understand that vaping is used for more of the anti inflammatory effects and not psychoactive? I.e. the vapor isn’t supposed to get me “high” but to provide relief of my condition? I believe it’s working a little bit for pain relief and overall mood, although the effects aren’t very pronounced. I’ll get a higher THC strain on Monday. My dispensary is 45 minutes away and I really respect/trust the doctor that runs it.

Last edited:
The only advantage vaping has over smoking, is it’s much healthier in terms of carcinogenic particulates. There also may be a different level or ratio of cannabinoids and terpenes being inhaled as well but I’m not aware of any information on that although I’m sure it’s possible to be around somewhere.

Despite it being healthier in that way, I just have never really gotten a good buzz from it. It always takes a lot more and I don’t feel as much. The few times I’ve extracted already vaped cannabis it yielded a lot of oil telling me a lot gets left behind.

If your going to vaporize in any form, use oil/extracts as they vaporize much more efficiently. Live resins are my favorite for both taste and also feeling as close to actual flower as possible.

Using the cannabis to make butter is the best way to go tho.

When consumed orally the delta 9 turns to delta 11 which is a much better pain killer amongst other supposed medicinal benefits. I’d second this from personal experience, oral cannabis is the only ROA that can kinda sub for opiates for me.

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

-GC

You may have already said this.. But what kind of chronic pain are you dealing with?

-GC

You may have already said this.. But what kind of chronic pain are you dealing with?

-GC

Low back pain - my T7 down are herniated.

Now my new question - I’ve vaped everyday since Friday. Only twice have I gotten panic. Today was the most extreme.

I vaped at 2pm, 4pm and 6pm. Then got extremely tired for a while. Could barely keep my eyes open.

I’m going to try less tomorrow.

When I feel that panic, it almost feels like a bad trip coming on - I have to think my way out of it starting.

Not gonna lie, I got scared today.

There is definitely pain relief. Felt in good spirits mostly everyday. Today kinda felt off from the first vape session.

I’m saving my vaped herbs. Heard they can be used again.

It looks like you are kind of far away from a shop which means you might not have this opportunity but if you are really against smoking regular flower (sounds like you are) you should consider trying to find some RSO.(Rick Simpson oil) it doesn't have the same effect on you as smoking while still being pretty powerful. It has an extremely disgusting taste but it works great with no anxiety. I put mine on a small marshmallow and try to swallow it whole. There are also many articles online on how to make it yourself, though it is a lot of work.

^^^I also would suggest it as well. I myself take RSO for cancer related issues (that’s as far as I feel like going on that subject.) Certain RSO’s could be great for pain.

To avoid the taste, i parachute the glob. Put a tiny bit of it on a small piece of toilet paper, roll up and down the hatch. No taste.

Many people dissolve it in butter or coconut oil too and use that way.

The reason I didn’t suggest it straight away is because unfortunately at some shops RSO can actually be more expensive than regular extracts which is complete BS but beside the point.

After hearing of your anxiety vaping your probably better off using a CBD high oral treatment (no CBD isolates, much contain THC too.)

-GC