• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

MEDMJ - Best strain for chronic pain. (Aka what have you taken?)

Thanks WIzard King and G Chem - I’m also very sorry to hear about your cancer, that’s terrible and I know what you’re going through.

Ok, I’ll check out the RSO.

I’m not against flower at all, but I’m wondering if I’m doing it right.

A few questions:

Does vaping flower give less of an effect than smoking?

How much flower should I vape per session?

How long should you vape the same material?
I find that mine gets green/brown after 2 good 4-6 second draws @ 350*

My morning dose sometimes gives me anxiety. Today was more dull than anxious.

Took my last dose an hour ago, I feel pretty good but in full control - is that what it’s supposed to do?

Should I smoke a small bowl to get the high school high over with? Think it would freak me out too much? Remember, I used to LOVE smoking weed until my episode.

I’m going to try a different strain tomorrow.

My favourite strains for medicinal when it comes to pain is the following:
Harlequin
Middlefork
Digweed
Bedica

That's is just to name a few

Hope that helps but a Harlequin is my fav

Should I smoke a small bowl to get the high school high over with? Think it would freak me out too much?

There's only one way to find out, I think you'll be able to handle it, it's worth a shot, etc. etc. ;)

But yeah man totally different highs IMO.

Been very curious about trying Harlequin or some other CBD high strain lately just to see.

So yes smoking it does IMO produce a much better stronger high than vaping does. I’ve found even with normal THC high strains it’s not very effective. Add in the fact your vaping a low THC strain and you’ll likely not feel much.

I’d go buy a more normal THC high strain and try smoking or eating it. You don’t have to smoke a whole bowl, I’ve been smoking for a long time and I much prefer taking just 1 hit. If I can’t get a decent buzz from one hit then it ain’t good. Adjust the size of the hit for the strength of high desired.

To be honest though your best bet is a CBD high strain or extract that still has a fair amount of THC, and is a strain overall known for pain relief. Something like 12-18% THC, 3-8% CBD.

-GC

Took my first dose this morning, felt good.

Second one had me bummed out.

Third kinda better than the second dose.

It’s a mix of 5% THC/ 7% CBD + 15% THC [2 different flowers blended 50/50, roughly]

Got a 17% THC/ 1% CBD strain today.

I don’t know why I’m so damned scared. I know the same thing can’t happen to me again because it’s a different ROI.

I’d smoke daily when I was younger and LOVED it. Hopefully I get the courage up to just get it over with. I can’t believe how well it eases my pain though. Total disbelief.

Last edited:
One word and one word only N-O-R-T-H-E-N L-I-G-H-T-S best strain ever as long as it is proper one fuck i want some northen lights

Just vaped my first session - feeling good so far. I’ll update if anything adverse happens.

Also forgot I dropped 1mg Suboxone a few days ago. I don’t feel much different, but that could be a small source of the unpleasantness.

So, this new strain (17% THC/ 1% CBD) is pretty good. It’s a Ghost OG hybrid.

Felt decent all day. 2nd dose was the best.

I’m not usually one to peer pressure.. But smoke dat shit son!

You loved it as a kid for a reason lol. I know what your going through though.

So I’ve smoked almost daily since I started at 15yrs old except for one instance where I “quit” for a few months. I say “quit” because I was still taking one tiny hit every Sunday. Thing was though.. When my tolerance was way down during that period I did not enjoy the effects at all! No matter how small of a hit I took (talking damn near microgram levels, granted good weed lol) it would leave me feeling uneasy.

Once I got back into smoking daily all that went back away and the enjoyable high I knew was back. It’s my belief that there is maybe a reverse tolerance where if you were a stoner before but then quit, it hits you a lot stronger than someone who’s never smoked before at all.

So I’m saying that once you start to do this habitually you may come to enjoy it a bit more.

EDIT- Wrote that last night but forgot to send. Glad today went better :) maybe your “getting used to it” again.

That’s a nice THC to CBD ratio. I find it only takes a little CBD to alter the THC effects. I’m finding I enjoy strains that often have a CBD percentage of .5-1%. Certain sativa strains with some CBD give great highs that don’t get you anxious as some straight THC strains can.

-Gc

I’m finding that it’s easier to allow the weak high to come on. Hopefully if I stay at it the fear will continue to dwindle and I can take more therapeutic doses. I want to get there badly - weed has always done me good in the past. Once the weather warms up I’m sure I’ll try stronger hits. The pain relic is amazing!

Ok, may have overdone it mildly today. Took my morning dose - felt ok, took another dose 2 hours later and actually felt mildly “high” for real. I was driving at the time and let it do it’s thing. Took another dose around 2 hours after that and the high came back and was good, so I took another small dose on top of that - this was where I got the panic and anxiety. It kinda bummed me out the rest of the day. Took my last dose around 3 hours ago and felt fine.

The things that bummed me out were:

- Oh no, I’m going to feel like this every time I vape a bit more.

- Oh no, I can’t vape really strong doses because I’ll freak out.

- Oh no, I’ve ruined everything.

Listed from most concerning to irrational.

Any advice? I don’t think I can manage a full on high yet.

Still haven't tried flower?

That’s all I use. I grind up flower and dry herb vape it.

Got bummed out again today - not as bad as the other day.

Yesterday started out bummy, but ended up decent.

Gonna try a different strand.

Yea experiment with strains and growers a bit.

When you say bummed out do you mean depression? I still highly suggest making some edibles, I feel itll be the best option for you.

-Gc

I find CBD jellies pretty helpful but with Trigeminal nerve pain I have also noticed heavy indicas help a lot. BTW. I AM the original Knightworrier from 2002. So I am skipping the welcome page again. Stupid passwords. Peace, Winxy

That’s all I use. I grind up flower and dry herb vape it.

Got bummed out again today - not as bad as the other day.

Yesterday started out bummy, but ended up decent.

Gonna try a different strand.

Sorry, I meant have you tried not vaping? Like smoking straight flower out of a bowl?

Yea experiment with strains and growers a bit.

When you say bummed out do you mean depression? I still highly suggest making some edibles, I feel itll be the best option for you.

-Gc

Yeah, depression like after vaping the flower.

I got a different strain and blended it with a high CBD strain - didn’t feel much.

Did the strain on its own and it felt like an opiate body high.

You should buy some hemp bud (high cbd, easy to buy it online legally) and mix it 1:1 with a good indica strain. It always has very good effect for me, I used to have panic attacks every time i smoked but it completely prevents them as well.

Think I’m going to stick with the Indica dominant strains.

Got “high” for the first time today - not some effects of being high, but full blown.

It wasn’t pleasant, but I managed to get through it with minimal anxiety.

I don’t want to go there again too soon, but I want to try it again and hope it’s pleasant.

This weed today is wayyyyy stronger than the bud of yore.

My doctor was talking about RSO today. I may check it out.