The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

MDMA (MOLLY) in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to get into an argument or call you out or anything here thizzer, but something just doesn't add up. If there have been a number of different samples of MDMA, each with an active dose of 250mg, then surely this new stuff, which is active at 150mg, isn't MDMA; if 90% pure stuff requires a quarter-gram, then this new stuff is stronger than 100% pure MDMA. If it's stronger than pure MDMA, it must be something else (at least partially). Do you see where I'm coming from? A drug doesn't just wildly vary in potency like that- imagine if two prescription pills, each with the same dose of the active substance, were widely disparate in strength. It just doesn't happen. I wish I could understand how this stuff could simultaneously be so weak and so pure.

Ugh, i'd be skeptical of ANY molly that looks like brown sugar, or tan sand. MDMA is white, and if it aint, it hasnt been produced correctly. Almost all "brownness" can be gotten rid of with a simple acetone wash and/or a recrystallization. And 90% of even 95% just aint good enough....99% is easy. The chemist is either lazy, or just shitty if it aint. (this isnt synthesis talk i am hoping...it is harm reduction, trying to prevent people putting poorly synthesized stuff into their bodies?)

cheers

I'm not trying to get into an argument or call you out or anything here thizzer, but something just doesn't add up. If there have been a number of different samples of MDMA, each with an active dose of 250mg, then surely this new stuff, which is active at 150mg, isn't MDMA; if 90% pure stuff requires a quarter-gram, then this new stuff is stronger than 100% pure MDMA. If it's stronger than pure MDMA, it must be something else (at least partially). Do you see where I'm coming from? A drug doesn't just wildly vary in potency like that- imagine if two prescription pills, each with the same dose of the active substance, were widely disparate in strength. It just doesn't happen. I wish I could understand how this stuff could simultaneously be so weak and so pure.

Ive had batches of molly be active at 250, and ive had molly active at 100-150. Some batches of MDMA are better than other batches, its just how it is. It can read the same on a GC/MS test, and still be great.

I can tell you right now both batches were 100% MDMA. The other batch probably had a bit more unreacted MDP2P in it, but neither have been cut.

I see where you're coming from, but you're wrong.

If this came from one source alone, yes, id be a bit more skeptical, but I can coun at least 3 other suppliers (all from very different locations with different head chemists) with whom ive encountered the same "issues" I guess you could say.

This new batch is definitely a stronger and better synth than the previous beige powder, though if I were to send it in for GC/MS testing (I believe someone else is, so when they get results ill relay that info on to you guys here), it'd read to be within the same purity pertencile.

I hope that clears things up a bit for you.

Ugh, i'd be skeptical of ANY molly that looks like brown sugar, or tan sand. MDMA is white, and if it aint, it hasnt been produced correctly. Almost all "brownness" can be gotten rid of with a simple acetone wash and/or a recrystallization. And 90% of even 95% just aint good enough....99% is easy. The chemist is either lazy, or just shitty if it aint. (this isnt synthesis talk i am hoping...it is harm reduction, trying to prevent people putting poorly synthesized stuff into their bodies?)

cheers

I dont know if it was intentional or not, but you honestly came off as incredibly large douche bag in this post.

I can guarentee that unless you're the one producing the MDMA yourself, in a sterile and scientific lab, with top of the line chemicals to begin with, you're not going to come out with 99% pure MDMA.

To have a regular black market chemist come out with >90% pure MDMA is pretty great.

Hell, half the crap you find on the streets or though random people is usually below even 70% pure!

The color of the molly isnt because of a bad synth, its not because it was "hasnt been produced correctly", its because it hasnt done a ton of acetone washes. It doesnt make the chemist all that lazy either. You can do a ton of washes and still come up with sandy MDMA.

I can tell you right here the best MDMA ive ever had in my entire life, was dirt brown, more so than the brown sugar I have right now. Incredibly strong, with absolutely no signs of cut or noticable impurities.

I advise taking a step off your high horse and facing reality here, bud. 8)

Neither this forum, nor this thread are about bickering and acting like a jackass, so if you're going to be rude like that for absolutely no reason, just dont post. We really dont need the negativity in here, honest.

Something still doesn't add up. MDMA is MDMA, right? Then how is it that some MDMA can be stronger than other MDMA? I mean, say I have two bottles of 40% alcohol by volume gin. One should get me exactly as drunk as the other, right? Then doesn't the same principle apply to MDMA? Is there something special about MDMA that means one batch can be stronger than another, seemingly arbitrarily? I'm sorry, but "it's just the way it is" isn't a good enough explanation. There has to be something else going on here. I don't pretend to know what it is, but there is something fishy going on.

With regards to the (lack of) colour!=purity thing, thizzer is right. I had some grey, gritty-looking MDMA recently that was incredibly strong, stronger than stuff I've had before that was water-white crystals.

If the molly was produced in the same sterile environment as the other, with the same top quality precursers, sure, yes.

A batch of MDMA can still have unreacted precursers in it, which is what I suspect of the first batch, making it weaker than the original. Still pure in regards to cut, and with enough purity that a GC/MS test gave the result that it did, but with enough unreacted precurser in it to make it weaker.

I never said "its just the way it is", I suggest you read over my posts again.

Nothing fishy, ive explained everything here.

Ah, right, there's a big difference between "95% pure" and "completely uncut". It calls to my mind black tar heroin, which can be very impure without having ever been intentionally adulterated. So you're saying that a GC/MS can show 95% pure even if it is more contaminated than that? Would unreacted precursors be indistinguishable from MDMA itself? Are you talking about the kind of results that ecstasydata.org give, where only the active constituents are listed? That would make perfect sense. The MDMA that takes 250mg might not be cut, but it isn't 95% pure at all.
I never said "its just the way it is", I suggest you read over my posts again.
Some batches of MDMA are better than other batches, its just how it is.
Not word-for-word, I admit, but pretty similar in meaning.

Last edited:
I was never discussing molly that was 100% pure, as I said in the posts above, you're almost never going to find 100% pure molly unless its been made with top of the line precursers in a top of the line lab.

A GC/MS can show impurities, as seen with the latest batch of 6-APB from a widely known RC site.

Here are the facts with the batch that wasnt as strong as the new batch.

1.) It was GC/MS tested to be ~95% pure. (Man do I wish I still had those test results so I could post them for all of you guys so you'd get off my balls about this). Im not making up these results here, and neither is anyone else. These werent given out by the distributer, these were given out by another customer.

2.) It was a bit weaker than how molly should be, but was never adulterated.

My guess is that the reason for this is because it containted unreacted MDP2P or other precursers in it, causing the molly to be not as strong as a batch that had less unreacted chemical (e.g. the new batch, which is incredibly strong and very pure [still waiting on test resulsts])

hah...yes

You have to work to find pressies around here....but everybody and their sister is pushing caps of molly

quality stuff too, has you couchlocked almost every time, just sittin their starin at pretty lights

Thizzer, like I said, I never meant to get on your balls, and I wasn't calling you out or calling you a liar. I was just curious, and wanted to get to the bottom of the mystery. I'm aware we weren't talking about 100% pure MDMA, apologies, I edited my post.

I can tell you right here the best MDMA ive ever had in my entire life, was dirt brown, more so than the brown sugar I have right now. Incredibly strong, with absolutely no signs of cut or noticable impurities.

I advise taking a step off your high horse and facing reality here, bud. 8)

Neither this forum, nor this thread are about bickering and acting like a jackass, so if you're going to be rude like that for absolutely no reason, just dont post. We really dont need the negativity in here, honest.[/QUOTE]

Thizz I absolutely agree! The best molly I've ever had wasn't white, tan, golden, it was really brown with chunks and crystalline.

if you come across it BUY IT! most amazing mdma I've ever had and I've been doing dead tour for years and tried tons of molly. No feelings of impurities or being cut. Americans just don't know about the sand because the Chemist is in a certain area of Canada where its infamous and prefferred by anyone who has tried it. The reason it's brown crystalline or sand is because this
pure MDMA was crystallized by other means besides anhydrous HCl

People who think White molly is pure and better have no clue and will probably never will. Don't get me wrong there is bad brown molly but not from this supplier. He had the golden crystal a while back that was good but not this good, heres a pic of the golden

I can tell you that in the next few weeks and months the sand brown sugar will be known and prefferred in the US. Look for it on certain jamband tours, I promise it will be there

Last edited:
whoaaaa wait a minute here.......I never criticized a person, namely you, or a post, you are taking this way too personally, and responding with a direct criticism of me, complete with name calling. THAT is kindof shit of bluelight doesnt need more of. My response was based on fact, rooted in reality, and based on personal experience. Some background info....

*and, i dont believe this post goes into synthesis talk. It vaguely talks about the purification of unpure substances, which falls under harm reduction in every way. therefore, this post shouldnt be removed for synthesis talk, or because of taking it too personally*

First off, Yerg does have a point. And so do I..(and I didnt INTEND to come off as a "douchbag" on a "high horse"...once again, you are taking this WAY too personally)

If a batch of molly is 95% pure (which yes, is quite good by street standards) it would suggest that 5% more is needed for an active dose....that doesnt bump you up to 250 mg....that would suggest it is 50% pure....maybe I am confused. Are you suggesting it was 95% pure and then it was cut down the line? If so, then I recant...it just isnt clear in the posts.

Now back to my statement. I have been on bluelight since 2001, albeit under a different user name. I was arrested in 2004, for manufacture of MDMA and a few other things....i did my few years, and got out about 2 yrs ago. I am "reformed" now, but still take an interest in the goings on, hence my rejoining Bluelight. I am not arguing that brown or tan molly is weak, I never said that. It can be brown with as little as 2% impurities, those generally being unreacted MDP-2-P, possible dimers,depending on which synthesis was used, or MD alcohol, etc etc. Now, depending on crystal size, some of this can be removed with a simple anhydrous acetone wash. Now this step is easy, I dont know why so many chemists don't do it. But, if yr crystal size is bigger, you have to recrystallize. This step is also easy, but SO much product out there doesnt go thru this step, because it takes a few hours more than an acetone wash, and if your product is only 90% pure, this step removes that 10% of crap that isnt MDMA. And if you scale that up, that can be a substantial loss. Sooo, it comes down to greed, lazyness, or ineptitude. THAT is why I dont trust discolored crap. Because those are not characteristics I want from the person I am trusting to make the things I am to put into my body.

And it doesnt take a "top of the line lab with top of the line precursors" to produce MDMA that is 99% pure. Generally all it takes is a simple recrytallization or two or three. This is easy. And, in fact, the bulk of the MDMA produced is from anything but "top of the line precursors". Most comes from our fav essential oil, which is anything but top of the line precursor. And you mentioned sterile? Shit, most of the labs I've seen are anything but. Usually a quite dirty mad scientist mess. But still produce product that is 99% pure. We are not talking sterile culture work here. We are talking organic chemistry. I dont know how sterility plays into this?

So, I didnt intend to offend you. I am sorry if I did. I based my statements on fact. And personal experience. And I stand by them. I dont trust product that comes from people who are not willing to take a few more hours or incur a 5-10% loss in profit. These are not the kind of people I want controlling what I put into my body. Production should be a sacred act, not a time saving one or one based on profit. Can brown molly be as good as white molly? absolutely. I never said it couldnt. You seem to be willfully misinterpreting me. And taking it as an attack on you. It aint. And I resent the name calling and posts based in knee-jerk emotional response. This is the kind of thing bluelight struggles to avoid, and always has.

Peace. <3

probably not.

sounds like MDMA to me.

other than the color i dont see anything in the descirption that would lead me to think it was MDAI.

I see a lot more molly at festivals now, but thats mostly because its so easy to cut and make a profit. Shards is a better term in my opinion because the crystals should be of a reasonable size not just a white powder, I have gotten a lot of straight rocks recently, but sometimes this can only be MDA, so molly can still be a tricky business even with test kits. If only people were out to spread the love and not to rip off for a buck.

@ the dude aboot the brown molly.
its brown because the chemist didnt want to wash it
probably only like .5% impurity turning it brown (or whatever small amount), and if you wash it and remove synth impurity, it weighs less and you make less money.
get it?
wow i got some molly that looks a LOT like that stuff posted above.
GREAT!
i actually found a few little rocks in the bag, little brown crystal rock things,and they were hard and dense, i couldnt break them up with my fingers, i tried. tastes about right too, ive got no test kit. most of it is just chunks though.
epic win

You chemists may know, my guy told me to cap the stuff he gave me because it would be bad for my teeth and tongue, I assume this is the mdp2p?

probably not.

sounds like MDMA to me.

other than the color i dont see anything in the descirption that would lead me to think it was MDAI.

Really? Just the color?

What about the dose level and effects? Sounds similar to me.

You chemists may know, my guy told me to cap the stuff he gave me because it would be bad for my teeth and tongue, I assume this is the mdp2p?
dismal, no one would sell MDP2P
MDP2P is a liquid (innit? no personal experience) and it isnt psychoactive.
isnt MDP2P worth MOAR than MDMA anyway?
and no dealers who arent chemists would have MDP2P, the only point of MDP2P is that you turn it into MDMA.
and isnt MDP2P illegal as well?

Really? Just the color?

What about the dose level and effects? Sounds similar to me.

the stuff he said required a high dose was white.
and there was no mention of effects

And i trust Thizz would know the difference between MDMA and an impostor.

it would be very hard to fool someone into thinking MDAi is MDMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.