• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Comedown,do i have serotonin syndrome?help please im kinda freaked out.

Greetings man, welcome and understand that you are not alone ,I went through exactly what you describe.That and the constant feeling of vertigo/dizzyness which I still have to this day which seems to get better day by day.You don't have serotonin syndrome.Serotonin syndrome is pretty severe.Check up the symptoms.Trust me its not that easy to get SS by just MDMA.

Anyway I had exactly what you describe.One day I got so anxious about my heartbeat I went to the hospital because I thought I was going to have a stroke or something.I did some heart exams and they came out super healthy.My doc said I was just anxious.Anyway try to stay as least anxious as you can.Anxiety is pretty common in the comedowns as it happened to me aswell.

It will go away.For some people it takes days and for some weeks.For some people it might take months.I'm at almost 2 months and I can tell you I have not fully recovered.I have constant feeling of dizzyness and vertigo which seems lessen day by day.I did not try 5-HTP to be honest which couldve helped alot.All I can tell you is be patient and it will go away.I feel you bro trust me.Excersise,eat good,have a good sleep schedule,take vitamins and try to stay as healthy as possible.Your brain just needs to heal.

You need to understand and accept that.Your brain needs time now.Also man, dont smoke weed till you feel yourself again.Trust me on this one.
The bad thing is that I cannot tell you how long it will take because I am still recovering 2 months later.The good thing is that it will go away.Good luck man and remember be patient!

Yeah I don't see why you wont be able to.Just give it time and let your brain chill and recover from your use of MDMA

Honestly there is a possibility that your condition was precipitated or even exacerbated by the MDMA. You don't want to risk making things worse for yourself by adding to the problem. Shrooms can be very loving and wise and holds you like a womb, but occasionally people will just react poorly to their psychedelic stimuli, resulting in negative effects that linger. Shrooms are way more intense psychologically than MDMA, also unpredictable.

I know it's difficult but you gotta try and not think about using and try to think of you. Think of yourself and where you want to be. Focus on your anxiety or whatever else may be ailing you. Hell you may or may not get rid of the anxiety. I never had anxiety growing up until I was around 21 and then I started developing GAD and other things. This was on top of my more profound issues like bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder.

Almost all drugs affect my anxiety and my mental condition. I don't believe that it was caused by psychedelics or any other drug. It was a result of how my life was going and has been going. As I've gotten older my anxiety has grown. I have no idea why. And it is very hard to tame. I have to be self aware when I use drugs because I have to be careful not to exacerbate any of my conditions. On the upside I have learned alot about myself and I know how to process certain emotions.

When I do MDMA it is very rarely and I pre-load with tons of supplements and post load also. I stay hydrated with water and Gatorade. I don't go clubbing or dancing. I grab a blanket and lay on the couch and turn the lights off, put my headphones on and just fade out of this world. I never re-dose unless it is done using Shulgin's suggestion of redosing with 1/3 the original dose at about T+1:30.

Basically my point is try and focus on yourself and your emotions and your mind. Get to know yourself without having to use drugs. I know from experience that not waiting long enough to let yourself fully heal can just make things so much worse. You might think you're ready in a month or two but then you eat the shrooms and you're not in the right head space. It could heal you or it could make the anxiety worse. Nobody knows or will know. You have to be the judge of that. Your mind is very fragile and we take it for granted. Trust me when I say you should wait to do any more psychedelics until you are seriously truly feel like you have either overcome your ailment or have been able to successfully tame and control it and keep it in check. When you know your body and mind well enough to be able to combat these things and be aware of them to be able to eradicate it, then you may benefit from a nice trip.

Anyways good luck to you. Hope you put yourself first instead of the desire to be in an altered state. Always weigh the consequences of your actions.

What you took prob wasn't mdma n if it was it was mixed with other shit this has happened to me before it'll last a get days to a month n tall tale signs of serotonin syndrome are red splotches all over your face really bad overheating dehydration and sever depression.it can range from mild to sever, sever serotonin syndrome can and will kill you I don't believe there's a cure, not sure though
This from online
Symptoms include high body temperature, agitation, increased reflexes, tremor, sweating, dilated pupils, and diarrhea.

i took like >2g in 24hrs...also drank alot..snorted speed... was fine untill a guy told me its really dangerous...then all the symptoms started lol...wonderful thing, the psyche.

this... can relate... would not mdma on a party...half an ecstasy tho, hell yeah;'D
also never ever had anxiety untill a few summers ago when i ate like thirty grams in four months :c
now its just getting worse.
but i believe that its a good thing...the anxiety... you just have to become friends...

2.5 months passed since my comedown started.Each passing day I feel better and better.Dizzyness is gone,anxiety is extremely low.I just have some dr/dp episodes now and then and thats all.Oh yeah and hppd which i think is getting better not sure about this one tho.

3 months into my recovery journey and i see some light at the end of the tunnel.Anxiety is gone dizzyness is pretty low DR/DP slowly fading away along with HPPD.Im starting t feel like my old self again.I hope the end of my recovery journey is near.Id like to thank each and everyone of you (even the guy that said im annoying) for your support!I will keep updating my condition!

I'm going through the exact same thing as this guy, last Thursday night / Friday morning I took alot of mdma mixed into alcohol along with a line of Coke and 3 big joints in that order. After the 3rd joint my heart rate jumped up extremely high and I went to the hospital they gave me Valium to calm down and I pissed More than an elephant due to water retention. It's now Monday evening and although I'm much better than I was I still get a racing heartbeat that comes and goes, extreme anxiety and slight fevers but mainly I'm panicking and getting anxiety randomly throughout the day. I have moments where I'm absolutely fine mostly when I'm chilling laying in my bed relaxing but most of the day I'm in a constant state of anxiety and my heart rate keeps going up which is like being in a downwards spiral. Reading your advice just now made me feel a lot better because I was worried I had serotonin syndrome however now I just think I'm coming down really bad and I just need time to heal. I usually smoke cannabis on a daily basis however I have completely stopped now because Saturday I had a joint and it made my heart and anxiety go through the roof similar to how I was in the hospital. I got hold of some 5htp but I'm unsure wether taking it now would help or add to the problem. Does The fact that my heart racing seems to come and go rather than be a constant issue mean it's all anxiety related ? Based on the facts I have given you do you think I have serotonin syndrome of just a bad comedown that needs time to go away.? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you so much you understand more than my doctor does

No, you don't have SS -- or you would be in the hospital.

You are suffering from HPA axis dysregulation, because you stressed your body and brain out -- it's PTSD from pleasure

Stay away from weed until you're 100% better! Weed is what caused me to have a complete and utter relapse from my MDMA OD, which I'm still dealing with 6 months later. Weed and MDMA both work on serotonin, hence your panic attacks...I'd guess anyway.

You're simply acting like an attention seeking hypochondriac. It's a very human way to be.

Back in the d

There's nothing wrong with you. You're just an attention seeking hypochondriac. It's s very human way of feeling.

I don't know what kind of MDMA you took or if it was even MDMA, but back in the day, the worst thing that would happen to me if I went on a two day bender is that I might have some tolerance issues to deal with on day two. As far as after effects, I would actually have an afterglow after all was said and done. It is only human to have good and bad days and encounter anxiety unpredictably now and then. MDMA is not the guilty culprit. And wait 6 months of taking no lsd for the pot side effects to subside. Better yet, just enjoy them while you still get them.

back in the day, the worst thing that would happen to me if I went on a two day bender is that I might have some tolerance issues to deal with on day two. As far as after effects, I would actually have an afterglow after all was said and done

I've never understood why people compare their own typical reactions to other people's adverse reactions. People say stuff all the time like "Well I took X grams of MDxx and I'm fine so its just anxiety chill out and try MDMA again in a couple months" and its just the darndest thing, they act like there is no variation from one brain to another, and that their experience taking drugs with their particular brain should apply to someone else

3 months into my recovery journey and i see some light at the end of the tunnel.Anxiety is gone dizzyness is pretty low DR/DP slowly fading away along with HPPD.Im starting t feel like my old self again.I hope the end of my recovery journey is near.Id like to thank each and everyone of you (even the guy that said im annoying) for your support!I will keep updating my condition!

With more time you'll continue to get back to normal, do your best to relax your mind and catch yourself if you're lost in thought and thinking too much. Mindfulness can be very helpful with that. In addition, if the dizziness, especially upon standing persists, I really recommend starting some cardio. Make sure you get enough sleep, if you find yourself not getting enough try some guided mindfulness meditation videos.

I've never understood why people compare their own typical reactions to other people's adverse reactions. People say stuff all the time like "Well I took X grams of MDxx and I'm fine so its just anxiety chill out and try MDMA again in a couple months" and its just the darndest thing, they act like there is no variation from one brain to another, and that their experience taking drugs with their particular brain should apply to someone else

Because it is MORE LIKELY their issues are caused by

a. the substance was not MDMA
b. a denied/omitted/unknown mood disorder
c. situational anxiety

than it was caused by MDMA

That's just the FACTS -- based on total number of "LTC" vs total number of times people have used MDMA

The nail in the coffin is when someone who has rolled 10-15-20 times in the past has an "LTC" off a normal dose -- apparently magically it was MDMA that caused it the 21st time - BULLSHIT

Because it is MORE LIKELY their issues are caused by

a. the substance was not MDMA
b. a denied/omitted/unknown mood disorder
c. situational anxiety

than it was caused by MDMA

That's just the FACTS -- based on total number of "LTC" vs total number of times people have used MDMA

The nail in the coffin is when someone who has rolled 10-15-20 times in the past has an "LTC" off a normal dose -- apparently magically it was MDMA that caused it the 21st time - BULLSHIT

First off, I really didn't mean to imply that what I said was specific to MDxx, because many people can use cannabis just fine whereas for some cannabis does not bode well at all for them (I'm sure you're familiar with cannabis induced depersonalization). In addition some people have taken many cathinones/substituted amphetamines and are just fine, whereas others seem to get LTC-like syndromes with them (specifically the ones that are releasing serotonin in addition to other NTs, I really haven't heard of these syndromes from amphetamine for example).

This particular nail in the coffin scenario of yours is not really making sense. Some people have LTC-spectrum issues after their first couple doses and then they (foolishly) keep going, or they have symptoms after strenuous circumstances during one trip after many normal trips. An example would be having some normal trips, and then taking too much, mixing it with amphetamine/alcohol and not sleeping, then developing symptoms (I believe this was Adubbs scenario, and this is akin to my scenario, minus alcohol but with more amphetamines). He could have taken amphetamine, alcohol and not slept minus the entactogen and would very likely be fine, he wouldn't have HPPD or any typical LTC symptoms anyways. I certainly took amphetamine and didn't sleep many times and I was fine, it was only after ecstasy was added to the mix that I started having symptoms.

But regarding your "nail in the coffin" scenario, this is neglecting the observation that people can take a psychedelic 10 times and have great trips and then have a horrible trip the 11th time, I don't see why you would invoke status quo when we're talking about psychedelic drugs - set and setting. But that same set and setting minus a psychedelic/entactogen would not have resulted in the HPPD/LTC, so I don't see why some percentage of blame isn't being assigned to the drug in question.

For example, I have heard from one person who has a gene causing their MAO-A to be a couple times more active, and they thought that this was the reason for their issues with MDMA, while they reported no real issues prior to that. It could be that their serotonin signaling levels never fell below a certain threshold or their functional connectivity/physiology never dropped below a certain level of functionality before using an SRA.

You can go back to the ecstasy users that have more adverse effects if they have a short form of 5-HTTLPR. This may not count as a pre-existing mood disorder because people with the short form only have an increased risk of depression if they have had a stressful life event. If MDMA was the stressful life event, and the depression-esque disorder developed after that, then surely what the drug was doing to the acute neurophysiology is of importance in the symptoms that are produced, and what the drug was doing is of importance for treating the syndrome.

In other words, in people who only develop MDD after life stresses, a person with MDD from purely environmental stress (an emotional trauma) is going to be phenotypically different than someone who has MDD after a bad trip (because the drug is altering acute neurotransmission). People with the short from of 5-HTTLPR are at increased risk for side effects from tryptophan depletion, and even if they do not have a bad trip they could see adverse effects from a deficit of serotonergic signaling after MDMA use. This serotonergic signaling deficit is something that I would expect to be more and more apparent as a person rolls more and more, although of course not everyone is going to be vulnerable to this.

In the same vein, a person could do a particular work out 20 times, but only on the 21st finally injure a muscle. For someone to say "Well I work out all the time and I've never torn a muscle so it wasn't the work out that caused it, just keep working out" is ridiculous. The muscle never would have actually been torn had there been no working out. I'm not saying that that wasn't a muscle vulnerable to injury, but without working out it may have never actually been torn. And just as having injured that vulnerable muscle in a car wreck could be very different than having injured that muscle working out, someone who got various symptoms from entactogens + stress is going to have different symptoms had it been symptoms from stress with an emotional trauma.

Just because people who have never used drugs get some LTC symptoms like DP/DR doesn't mean that you should ignore the drug's contribution to the syndrome, especially if there are things that occur more exclusively with entactogen/psychedelic depersonalization syndromes like HPPD.

Yeah they're really is no comparison. I know a who girl who can't drink even decaf coffee because she feels nauseous and gets the shakes.....then there's people who can drink a monster and go right to sleep....

Yeah they're really is no comparison. I know a who girl who can't drink even decaf coffee because she feels nauseous and gets the shakes.....then there's people who can drink a monster and go right to sleep....

Umm, apples and oranges.

I said -- if someone gets LTC on the 21st roll -- it ain't the MDMA

For example, I have heard from one person who has a gene causing their MAO-A to be a couple times more active, and they thought that this was the reason for their issues with MDMA, while they reported no real issues prior to that. It could be that their serotonin signaling levels never fell below a certain threshold or their functional connectivity/physiology never dropped below a certain level of functionality before using an SRA.

That makes no sense -- what you describe would be the exact opposite that would happen from an SRA

MAO-A at high activity would reduce levels of serotonin very quickly, meaning they wouldn't get as much effects from MDMA

Now if they or you meant higher SERT activity (like in people with Autism) -- well then you would likely have a strong response to MDMA -- because the reseptors were usually starved