• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Comedown,do i have serotonin syndrome?help please im kinda freaked out.

The dizzyness was feeling out of place and I thought I was in motion even though I wasn't which sucked pretty bad.The only thing I noticed is that I'm depressed for some reason.I mean yes my head is slowly fixing itself but my mood is kinda fucked up.I didn't use to be like this and I feel unmotivated.I don't know if it's the comedown or if it's all in my head or my last experience changed me to worse,any opinions and thoughts to that?I feel spaced out at times or I'm in autopilot,it's also hard to sleep most of the time

It's DR cause by anxiety buddy. Don't dwell on it, it'll clear up.

Your brain is just in overdrive, not because of the MDMA, but because of worrying. Give it time.

Read about and practice mindfulness. It'll improve your life :)

Last edited:
Today is exactly a month after the symptoms started induced by mdma 2 days in a row.
Anxiety then and now:Anxiety used to be not tolerable.Now,I'ts tolerable, I don't have it all the time like I used to,I sometimes get anxious but not extremely as I used to.I wouldn't sleep, I would walk around the house worried,extremely anxious,shaking and stuff like that.Now I just get either one anxiety attack(or panic attack not sure) through out the day or have no anxiety at all(or have mild anxiety).It still lingers but I still think that my serotonin levels aren't yet back to normal.They have improved greatly but I think not to a 100%
Dizzyness then and dizzyness now:As shugeninja said
As an example dizziness = 2 (0 being normal -- 10 being feel dizzy all the time regardless of sitting standing or lying down)

Write it down, and don't think about your symptoms for a month.

Then do the whole process again and see the differences and which symptoms disappeared.

I think you will be surprised
It used to be a 10.Now it's at times 2 or 3 or 1.If I get an anxiety attack it goes back to 8.I think there is indeed a development in this one and I think it will get better.
DR/DP:I'm not so sure about this one.It happens yes, but not all the time.It happens only when I am anxious,stressed.
Racing Heart:Only happens when I am anxious.Intenisty and frequency of this happening is lessened
And the last one,
HPPD:This is currently the one that bothers me the most.I developed it from the use of psychedelics and MDMA.Can't say if it got better or worse to be honest but the thing is combined with DR/DP,it's really bad.I hope it will fade away.
Lesson learned.Don't be stupid like me.Don't abuse drugs.I'm still not feeling 100% back to normal but recovery took it's place.Can't say if I am still recovering or I am stuck this way now.I hope I recover more and go back to the way I was.

Some people like myself suffer lots from anxiety. If im worried or stressed over stuff i can get a panick attack just sitting down on a couch and get racy heart etc...
All this dizziness is due to anxiety.
Try to exercise and keep ur mind of things.
The drug is out of your system now the only thing is bothering are thoughts...
Try some meditation or do something you trully enjoy. Worry less :) you will be fine.
If by any terms you get panicky and racy heart, try an exercise i do... breath slowly and talk to yourself to calm your self down. Theres nothing wrong with you. You are just under stress.. something there bothering you?
Hug ***

HPPD:This is currently the one that bothers me the most.I developed it from the use of psychedelics and MDMA.Can't say if it got better or worse to be honest but the thing is combined with DR/DP,it's really bad.I hope it will fade away.

Sorry im not sure what HPPD or DR/DP stands for...pls explain...im portuguese lol

Anyways no matter what drugs you mixed you can take 5HTP. It helps loads with serotonin levels.
In terms of LSD its all in your brain, your fears everything thats bothering you.
If you think you are damaged than you brain will follow.
You've been through an experience. You made a mistake. Embrace it. Take care of your body physically by setting your mind in a good place. Everything else will fall into place.
<3

Hey Sand, I can say that I have completely recovered from my comedown.My stress is significally down, no more dizzyness just some stress now and then,I can say that I am going through stress because I finished highschool this year and didn't pass to a university, I have no idea what to do right now and it's really hard to get a job because im Greek.Yep welcome to Greece.I currently am broke as my family is poor(I live with my mom my dad doesn't really care)and I have no idea what to do in the future.DP/DR is depersonalisation/derealization disorder and HPPD is a disorder where your vision is kinda trippy after psychedelics(Visual Static Snow,negative after images very mild,and tracers)Which is kinda bothering and brings up some anxiety,it's not brain damage it's just my visual cortex not being able to filter properly due to the use of LSD and MDMA.It 's said that it might go away or it might now.I hope it goes away because I can't enjoy weed anymore.It gets really trippy and kinda of an uncomfortable feeling,when I'm with friends it's okay but when I go home and still be high I will experience the symptoms I described with more intenisity and some floaters that seem like clouds.I can say that weed was a part of me as I was a daily smoker for 2 years.It made me lazy yes,but I had really good times with my friends while smoking weed and I really miss that,it's not like I can't enjoy myself without weed but we had really good times being high and I sorta miss that :p So now that I am completely clear from the comedown I just want the HPPD to clear so I can be the way I was again,be able to enjoy weed and go completely back to the way I was,again thanks for your support Sand! <3

Is it normal that I still get some brain zaps?Not sure if they are brain zaps or panick attacks,any help with this one?
Haven't done any drugs/caffeine/alchohol except weed 3 times after the comedown,could It be because I quit weed cold turkey or something else?
I feel way close to normality but sometimes I still get those brain zaps that kinda freak me out and send me on a huge anxiety or panick and my heart just beating really fast because I get scared.I still feel some head pressure at times and whenever I get anxious I get alot more anxious than I used to.Any thoughts on that?

Last edited:
I'm sorry if you find this thread annoying my friend, I haven't experienced anything like that and it looks pretty scary to me.I've seen people that are fried and damaged and I don't want to end up like them,being 18 at the moment, in one of the darkest periods on my life, I might over react a bit but I always had anxiety problems.You took three grams and had a shorter comedown than me,while sometimes there are days that I feel normal,some days I am not.And my bad days aren't like they used to be,I was an extremely happy and friendly person and still am,and whenever I had a bad day I would still find happiness in something,now my bad days include extreme anxiety,head pressure and depression,all of that enhancing my HPPD aswell which is terrifying.I hadn't done my research and I have to pay the price indeed.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but honestly you should've researched more about pre/post loading on supplements regarding MDMA use. Every time I roll I pre-load with supplements and I never redose and don't roll again for a long time. Taking it 2 days in a row whether or not you load up on supplements can leave you with lingering after effects.

Personally when I roll even if I pre-load and post load with supplements, I will get brain zaps for about 2 weeks. My point being that no matter what you do there will always be consequences of your actions. Good or bad. With MDMA the consequences can clear up in a day or two and sometimes for some people it may take alot longer to recover.

For me I don't get very bad comedowns because I only take a single dose and I pre-load on supplements and I stay hydrated, and I post load with supplements. Doing it this way can make it very easy for you to recover. When I do this i take the next day off and eat well, rest, stay hydrated and continue to take supplements. I recover pretty quickly. But even so I will still experience brain zaps for a couple weeks especially when moving my eyes rapidly. Like if I move my eyes rapidly from side to side it sends a weird tingly sensation down my legs. I also sometimes experience a weird type of derealization that is very hard to explain.

If your recovery period is that severe than maybe consider not ever touching that substance again? Also are you 100% sure about what you took? Maybe what you had was from a batch that was synth'd poorly and contained impurities that contributed to its negative after effects. These are street drugs so you just never know for sure about anything.

Yeah I know, what I did was pretty stupid and irresponsible.As for the substance I'm never touching it again.I've been clean from everything.There are days that I think I have completely recovered and feel 90% normal but there are days where I got huge anxiety and it really messes my stomach up.I've been dealing with head pressure and dizzyness for some reason again,even though I try to live as healthy as I can.It's driving me up a wall right now.I don't know what to do anymore.I'm not sure if I will ever recover.It's 8 weeks post my use.I feel indeed that I'm getting annoying in this thread.Maybe I just need to accept that I fried my brain.

Hope is not lost. Believe me. I have fried my brain two times from DXM from unintentionally hitting plateau sigma. I was dosing pure USP grade DXM every day and after a week I smoked some really good weed and I snapped and blasted into plateau sigma and the first time resulted in me having to call an ambulance I thought I was dead and that I was hovering over my body as a spirit. I remember bits and pieces of being in the ER. I didn't know my name or anything about where I was or who I was. I knew nothing. They put a catheter in me and pumped me with saline and potassium and administered Zyprexa, an antipsychotic. I was screaming for help and asking why they were letting me die. I was hallucinating weird stuff like when they put my IV in I saw blood oozing all over my arm. I was delusional and the only thoughts I was able to think were that I was dead and that the hospital had given up trying to save me. They had left me in the room just shortly to wait for the Zyprexa to kick in and I was convinced in my mind that I was dead. I couldn't feel my body and when I looked around it was in like strobe vision. And I saw the machines I was hooked to and I saw numbers and I saw a number that I thought was my body temperature and it was actually my heart rate. I thought I had cooked my.brain and was dead.

There is so much more to the story. I really should write up an elaborate trip report. But anyways I had long lasting negative effects. Other than during the sigma nightmare where I thought I was dead or dying/unable to be saved, when I came to after waking up from my Zyprexa nap, I was still very fried and fucked up but I was no longer psychotic with delusional thoughts and thought loops and catatonia. My equilibrium was very messed up and my vision was fuzzy for about a month. I had trouble speaking and forming sentences and putting my thoughts into words. My short term memory was greatly affected. My anger disorder became exacerbated and I became easily agitated and violent. I just wasn't myself. I had problems handling emotions and anger and I became emotionally/mentally unstable. I thought I was fucked for life and that my brain was permanently reduced to gravy.

But after persevering and keeping myself safe and healthy I managed to overcome it completely. I have fully recovered from it. As a matter of fact that was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. But I learned alot from it and it helped me overcome my desire to use any drug any chance I could get. It slapped me in the face.

With dedication and perseverance you can better yourself and recover from your predicament. I feel like if you're not a vegetable or drooling on yourself in a state hospital then you have potential to repair yourself. Mind and body. The brain is a very powerful thing that is capable of so much more than we can even imagine.

The brain is a very powerful thing that is capable of so much more than we can even imagine.
I learnt that on my first trip.It was an amazing realization that brought me so much happiness,thats when I fell in love with LSD.Then this summer, I had a really bad trip on LSD(it was pure LSD, tested)Thats when I stopped being in love with LSD.I was at the 6th hour of the trip and we were smoking alot of weed.Suddenly I was talking to my friend and his face started to look really weird and I began losing sense of what was happening around me.

I lost sense of space around me I didn't really know what was happening.I started to freak out,I got alot of dizzyness and everything was spinning,the hallucinations were really bad and driving me insane.I started feeling really bad and I had a terrible pain in the stomach/chest,after that we went to my friends house and I was still in the bad trip, I managed to sleep it off,woke up after 3 hours went to my house and slept.I really thought I was gonna die.That was the only thought that went in my mind,that and that I really bugged my friends and annoyed them and that I was ruining their trip.(I have pretty low self esteem for many reasons).Anyway after that I had another bad trip where I tripped after 2 months because I was afraid of the last bad trip,I decided to trip again last minute, and when I took the tab I immediatly regretted it.Long story short I was having a bad trip of extreme anxiety,I overcame it while talking with my friend for 3 whole hours(not sure how I overcame it it just happened).

Anyway I decided not to trip again and I was like "you know what..I'm gonna roll 2 days in a row because I will not roll/trip in the winter"Most retarded idea I had, believe me I still regret it to this day even though I had lots of fun these 2 days.Because now I have these after effects and I also developed HPPD(Visual Snow,Trails,Starbursting,After Images,Tinnitus).They are pretty mild but still annoy me and make me anxious I also have photosensitivity now which sucks.Ive read alot of stories with people struggling with HPPD and I really want it to go away but I've seen many reports that for many people it doesn't go away or it gets worse.I really don't want to be tripping 24/7.

I don't want to do drugs anymore.I wish only that I will be able to smoke weed again in my life and thats all,because it really was a big part of me.

How much did it take for your after effects to go away?Did you experience HPPD symptoms and if you did,how long did it take you for them to go away?

By the way you have my respects for managing to go through that.I wouldn't be able to go through what you described.I'm going through what I'm going and it really seems too much for me to handle.I am 18 and I just finished high school,my life starts now.I don't want my life to be destroyed before it even started.

Last edited:
You took too much, too close together. And now you need time for your brain to re-adjust.

The bad news is it sucks and there's not much that can be done in the short-term; it just takes time. The good news is...it just takes time.

It sounds like you have some underlying issues (perhaps depression?) Time won't necessarily help those issues; I would stongly suggest seeing a doctor or mental health professional, or at least find a wise friend (perhaps an older family member) to talk to.

Don't beat yourself up about it! :) No, it wasn't a good idea to use that much, that close together. But doing things that we didn't realize were a bad idea at the time is something we are all guilty of, and will all continue to be guilty of at times. Relax. As the Buddha said, there is nobody in this world more deserving of your love and compassion than you are!

It's that my hopes of me recovering are slowly drifting away because it's been too long and I still feel really bad..

Anxiety is gone again but I'm still feeling dizzyness and head pressure.I would describe it as headspins and a weird feeling in the brain

I'm going through the exact same thing as this guy, last Thursday night / Friday morning I took alot of mdma mixed into alcohol along with a line of Coke and 3 big joints in that order. After the 3rd joint my heart rate jumped up extremely high and I went to the hospital they gave me Valium to calm down and I pissed More than an elephant due to water retention. It's now Monday evening and although I'm much better than I was I still get a racing heartbeat that comes and goes, extreme anxiety and slight fevers but mainly I'm panicking and getting anxiety randomly throughout the day. I have moments where I'm absolutely fine mostly when I'm chilling laying in my bed relaxing but most of the day I'm in a constant state of anxiety and my heart rate keeps going up which is like being in a downwards spiral. Reading your advice just now made me feel a lot better because I was worried I had serotonin syndrome however now I just think I'm coming down really bad and I just need time to heal. I usually smoke cannabis on a daily basis however I have completely stopped now because Saturday I had a joint and it made my heart and anxiety go through the roof similar to how I was in the hospital. I got hold of some 5htp but I'm unsure wether taking it now would help or add to the problem. Does The fact that my heart racing seems to come and go rather than be a constant issue mean it's all anxiety related ? Based on the facts I have given you do you think I have serotonin syndrome of just a bad comedown that needs time to go away.? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you so much you understand more than my doctor does