MA Heroin V We Overdraft Our Shit 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^It should be, "Oh you have 4 bags?! Go home..." and they keep the dope...some cops do that already...but bringing someone in for paraphenalia is fucked...If they force everyone into drug court, it will be some Nazi shit, because a lot of them make you sign over your rights for being searched, give you a curfew...they drop the charges in the end, but fuck that! To treat everyone who gets high as "addicts who need treatment" is fucked up too...Treatment only works if you think you need help...

Just legalize all opiates...people know what they're getting, and that's it...

^^

Yeah for real, man. Then use the tax money to fund treatment programs for the people who want to stop.

Heroin assisted treatment is working incredibly well in other countries.

^^

Yeah for real, man. Then use the tax money to fund treatment programs for the people who want to stop.

Heroin assisted treatment is working incredibly well in other countries.

I would take heroin assisted treatment any day over methadone not just for the high but the half life.

I would take heroin assisted treatment any day over methadone not just for the high but the half life.

Same, I'm on bupe treatment and honestly, after like 5 years of needing it, I wish I'd of just tapered my dose of heroin down 5 years ago and just had 3-5 days of harsher withdrawal VS having moderate withdrawals for up to 30 days, I haven't ever even made it through the 1st week of bupe detox but I've gotten to the 3rd day of dope detox... Why can't the US government just realize that different methods of treatment work for different people? Hell, we don't even have programs that provide a clean place to shoot and a nurse to help you hit a vein like Vancouver, Canada does. Rx heroin would scare the shit out of this country yet half our country is popping their hydrocodone pills, thinking nothing of it, this government needs to just finally give addicts a clean, injectable solution of heroin or whatever their DOC is instead of ONLY providing methadone and bupe, 2 drugs with a 72+ hour half life, fuck detoxing for that damn long!

They actually give these people methadone too if they need it. In between their dope injections, they get small doses of methadone to keep them well. Hah. Nice right?

I forgot about how they give IV methadone amps. I've read that some people really enjoy them compared to the oral methadone and not just because of the needle fixation aspect. I was under the impression that IV methadone wasn't worth it, but maybe pharm grade shit designed for IV makes the the experience better.

^It should be, "Oh you have 4 bags?! Go home..." and they keep the dope...some cops do that already...but bringing someone in for paraphenalia is fucked...If they force everyone into drug court, it will be some Nazi shit, because a lot of them make you sign over your rights for being searched, give you a curfew...they drop the charges in the end, but fuck that! To treat everyone who gets high as "addicts who need treatment" is fucked up too...Treatment only works if you think you need help...

Just legalize all opiates...people know what they're getting, and that's it...

Treatment court is definitely not for everybody. If you screw up while in it then you get a worse charge than if you had just fought it, but the upside is that if you don't screw up and are able to successfully complete it then the charge is lesser or sometimes even thrown out. Some people know they are not going to stop so just take the best deal that they can get which is in between what they would get if they completed or failed treatment court.

So it's either plea to a misdemeanor and be done with it, or take your chances with treatment court which will land you with a felony if you fail at it, or just a violation if you complete it. You really shouldn't take that deal though unless you really think that you can make it a year + without getting high. Some courts will have you be clean for a year before dropping the charges down, so if you fail a drug test they reset the clock. After a certain number of failed drug tests they just throw the book at you, so for some people they are just torturing themselves before they inevitably get caught and end up doing time when they should have just taken a different deal to begin with.

^Yeah, I agree with everything you're saying...Unless you're 100% ready to stop, drug court is not for you, especially if you're super involved with drugs...

I forgot about how they give IV methadone amps. I've read that some people really enjoy them compared to the oral methadone and not just because of the needle fixation aspect. I was under the impression that IV methadone wasn't worth it, but maybe pharm grade shit designed for IV makes the the experience better.

If I remember correctly,in the book "Junky" Burroughs writes about the time he spent at the first methadone clinic in Lexington,Kentucky.He said they would stick their arm thru a little window or something and they'd get a shot of methadone.But from people that I've known do it said there really is no rush to it.

ok SO i made an appointment for methadone intake on wednesday. Only issue is I found a few subs to hold me over but they told me to be in full withdrawals when I go on wednesday, so I'm just wondering if someone could tell me when I should take my suboxone last to ensure I'm in withdrawals so they'll dose me the same day. Thanks!

If I remember correctly,in the book "Junky" Burroughs writes about the time he spent at the first methadone clinic in Lexington,Kentucky.He said they would stick their arm thru a little window or something and they'd get a shot of methadone.But from people that I've known do it said there really is no rush to it.

Haha it's like a glory hole for the arms of IV dope addicts.

ok SO i made an appointment for methadone intake on wednesday. Only issue is I found a few subs to hold me over but they told me to be in full withdrawals when I go on wednesday, so I'm just wondering if someone could tell me when I should take my suboxone last to ensure I'm in withdrawals so they'll dose me the same day. Thanks!

I thought full withdrawals were for starting bupe?

^ they are, but it sounds like he just wants to follow the clinics protocol and be in withdrawals when he gets there. It's not like he would get precipitated withdrawal from taking methadone too soon after buprenorphine. I would take my last buprenorphine dose on Saturday night or Sunday morning and I would probably being feeling shitty by Wednesday morning depending on high your doses have been.

ok thanks guys!! sounds good but quick question.. I went from IVing an embarassingly high amount (which is beyond stupid, I know) down to 4mg sublingual now (2mg 12 hours apart) within the last few months. I'm usually in withdrawals 24 hours after my last dose. would taking my last dose monday night be too late?

^have you already seen them for physical,blood,urine,etc.? Are you sure you're getting dosed wed.? And I have a ? for whoever knows-- does bupe and/or naloxone come up pos. for opiates?

Treatment court is definitely not for everybody. If you screw up while in it then you get a worse charge than if you had just fought it, but the upside is that if you don't screw up and are able to successfully complete it then the charge is lesser or sometimes even thrown out. Some people know they are not going to stop so just take the best deal that they can get which is in between what they would get if they completed or failed treatment court.

Where I'm from if you take drug court then give a bad urine you go to out-patient. If you give another bad urine its in-patient, then the third time you get violated and have to go in front of the judge. Depending on your relationship with the PO a recommendation to the judge can get you one more chance.

ok thanks guys!! sounds good but quick question.. I went from IVing an embarassingly high amount (which is beyond stupid, I know) down to 4mg sublingual now (2mg 12 hours apart) within the last few months. I'm usually in withdrawals 24 hours after my last dose. would taking my last dose monday night be too late?

Don't take any bupe for 24 hours before going to the clinic. 12 hours if it's a very small dose. You don't have to be super dope sick going to the clinic, just a little out of it. Some clinics don't give a shit, but some are sticklers for you being in withdrawal before they dose you.

But, you can act it up pretty good.. ha. As long as you wait long enough after dosing so your eyes aren't pinned, cuz that's a dead giveaway, you could still be feeling fine, and just go in sniffling, shifting around, coughing, rubbing your eyes, holding your stomach like you got a cramp. It's not that hard to play sick. Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.