• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Spiritual Experiences / Plus Four / ++++

meh, they don't so much worship a god as they try to live by the example of buddah...

If christianity was more "try to live a good life" and not "do what we say is right or else god will have you burning in hell for all eternity" i might be more willing...

all religions are probably flawd..... If there is a god, us understanding it would be something like a chimpanzee comprehending nuclear physics....

I look at Christianity more faith-based than religion, don't get me wrong, you still have to be modest, I go to non-denominational church, so...I guess you could say we don't have a lot of bullshit as other churches do.

Playing soccer without a ref is shitty. Everyones all over the place, doing stupid shit. You have to abide by the rules for a good game.
God on the other hand, wants us to live our lives to our fullest potential, but in doing so, follow his regulations, his rules/guidelines(not saying you have to) but the morals in the Bible are words to live by.
just sayin

There are no rules. Nobody knows what god wants us to do because he/she/it won't tell. You should live a happy life, but try not to hurt other people, as you will only end up hurting yourself.

^if God would really tell us, in all his glory so to speak, we would not be able to avert our eyes or thought or be free.

You should live a happy life, but try not to hurt other people, as you will only end up hurting yourself.

thats about the only one i ever found, be it in addition to: Listen to your heart at all times, and follow your heart as close as you can. (i know its a cliché but there's really no better way of putting it). sincerely try not to hurt others (intention), not in thought, not in words, not in actions.

oh and; try to leave the judging to God. but well, thats already implied in the above.
not really rules either. guidelines perhaps. depends on what you choose for. some people just seem to want to be sadomasochists. we're doomed to be free..

Last edited:
Strong trips resulted in me believing in a universal spirit, the Infinite, God, whatever you want to call it. They played a strong role in my loss of faith in Christianity.

EDIT: These trips weren't on LSD, but srsly, all psychs can take you to (roughly) the same place.

yup. this happened to me with 2ce

I disagree that all psyches take you to the same place.

I'll explain.

The ones that I find take me to similar places are mushrooms, LSD, DXM(when take in darkness 3rd plateua), morning glory seeds, mescaline.

DOB and DOI definetly don't take me to the same place as the latter, it can make me have realizations about past experiences but these chemicals have never given me insight.

Salvia also more like high doses of mushrooms(and I mean STRONG trips) than anything else. IMO.

All psychedelics do not take you to the same place. However you can get the same insights from most of them.

Freaky research chemicals can sometimes have a really non-generic effect but other psychedelics exhibit a certain quality that is seen in many compounds especially the classic psychedelics.
I don't think the ultimate place they take you (although you'd have to wonder has anyone reaches any final destination, probably not) is different, I think the route they take is different. When I have experienced total ego-death there is absolutely no differentiation between such things anymore but the ramp up to it and processing afterwards are different. By the way that final destination is basically enlightenment but trips give you a temporary version. So people who achieve it naturally can sometimes sustain it for a certain period.

What I'm saying is not all that different from dreads post^ because since an ego-less experience is such an abstract place of 'just being' in a way it is everything but at the same time nothing at all in particular. So the quality of the entire trip lies in the path taken, which is basically to say the same thing he said.

<3

Psssh i can explain mine... I forgot that i ingested a drug, I started sharing thoughts with my gf, then sharing bodies, then minds. Our conciousness grew and grew, and everything we passed over became a part of us. Then I snapped back to reality for a brief second and BOOM! I was off again, I looked into her eyes and fell in love. I could see our concious minds floating out of our heads, connecting our bodies and souls again. Came too again, and looked up into the sky. My girlfriend and I melted together, into a universe of blue purple and white... Most Amazing hours of my life... She said the same thing happened to her... haha beat that

..im jealous of you man!

for me, the "typical" +4 on LSD consisted of a set of diametrically opposed thoughts flipping back and forth ("there is a god" / "there is no god", or "i should kill myself" / "i should not kill myself" or even just "blackness / light") at an increasing speed until I would 'white out' -- simultaneously understanding that the two opposed ideas are in fact part of the same thing, and watching the sense of "I" drop out of awareness completely, as it expands to consume everything in the universe. There is no I and no you, in that place; there is just this one thing, spinning and changing and swimming and being, and we are not separate from it, it is only a delusion of ego which makes us think we are.

At this point, the mind is a completely blank state. At some point, a single word, "I" becomes present again. Once a single symbol for self exists, other symbols suggest themselves -- a state of being, so "I AM", a sense of self-awareness and differentiation from the environment, "I AM SHADE404". The complexity builds until the remembrance that puts it all into focus, "I AM SHADE404 ON LSD A POWERFUL PSYCHEDELIC".

Then there is a flood of images, emotions, all the ego-shit that was burned away in the climb to the peak re-asserting itself with a vengence. But that actual ++++ state, I will not really try to describe in more detail other than "it was very bring" and "it was very dark" -- because it was something that my body and spirit endured without the company of my ego, so it is not remembered in terms that ego can express.

I don't think I ever broke though on less than about 350ug of acid. I haven't taken it at a higher dose than about half of that in over a decade. When I was a teenager I couldn't get enough of the stuff, but it's pretty exhausting and I think I've learned all I can from it.

OK...ego loss, my functional mind is still in tact and perhaps even sharper but i no longer dread my own conventions, I seem to be viewing them subjectively rather than associating with them as "myself" I see them as conventions of the mind and what is "I" seems to be god, or everything all at once.

Ego loss doesn't mean you lose your marbles and your in catatonia, it is another angle a "3rd person" viewpoint with freeing catharsis and the ability to see far beyond and by different means than your regular conventions.

No matter WHAT i'm always the friend they leave to talk to the cops, now with a head full of acid I can still tell what these cops want and how I should react to get them out of our trips as soon as possible. losing your mind is not ego-death, losing your pretensions is ego-death, I mean I still observe and form probabilities and smart paths, avoid danger when i'm in states of ego dissolution i'm just 1000X more freed from the past *one train thought* or duality...I perceive the whole expanse in from of me, and I feel every option all at once.

I mentioned a little bit about a ++++ experience I had in some other thread, though I didn't talk all that much about the actual meat of the experience. I can try elaborating on it a bit if anyone's interested. Here's the original post:
I've had that during a solo LSD trip last summer. I was trying to figure out how far into the trip I was, so I looked at the clock and tried to do the math... and started thinking about time. And time is confusing (try thinking about, for example, time travel and paradoxes and all that, and you'll see what I mean). Before I knew it, I was in a thought loop (or a time loop from my perspective). I started walking around the room in circles, laid on my bed, then get up after a few seconds, sit down on my chair in front of my computer, then get up, walk around in circles, and so on, thinking about time the entire, well, time.

It got crazier after that went on for a while. I made progress in my thinking, and suddenly, due to that in combination with all the repetition, I broke through. I broke time, too. I just laid in my bed and time didn't seem to flow in any sort of linear direction anymore. Things were really weird for the next couple of hours. I got transported to the beginning of time and saw - and felt - the universe come into being. Later on, I got transported to the end of time and witnessed what I can only call the Godhead and my place in it. The next day, when I tried remembering that particular event, it actually felt like it took place at a point in the future, rather than at some point in the past as it is with normal memories. I didn't know human memory could even work like that.

Hell of a trip, even if it wasn't an overall happy one, which it definitely wasn't. I wouldn't mind experiencing what I had described in the paragraph above again, but not for the same price of admission.

At this point, the mind is a completely blank state. At some point, a single word, "I" becomes present again. Once a single symbol for self exists, other symbols suggest themselves -- a state of being, so "I AM", a sense of self-awareness and differentiation from the environment, "I AM SHADE404". The complexity builds until the remembrance that puts it all into focus, "I AM SHADE404 ON LSD A POWERFUL PSYCHEDELIC".
Try "I AM NOT".

Last edited:
for me, the "typical" +4 on LSD consisted of a set of diametrically opposed thoughts flipping back and forth ("there is a god" / "there is no god", or "i should kill myself" / "i should not kill myself" or even just "blackness / light") at an increasing speed until I would 'white out' -- simultaneously understanding that the two opposed ideas are in fact part of the same thing, and watching the sense of "I" drop out of awareness completely, as it expands to consume everything in the universe. There is no I and no you, in that place; there is just this one thing, spinning and changing and swimming and being, and we are not separate from it, it is only a delusion of ego which makes us think we are.

Then there is a flood of images, emotions, all the ego-shit that was burned away in the climb to the peak re-asserting itself with a vengence. But that actual ++++ state, I will not really try to describe in more detail other than "it was very bring" and "it was very dark" -- because it was something that my body and spirit endured without the company of my ego, so it is not remembered in terms that ego can express.

I don't think I ever broke though on less than about 350ug of acid. I haven't taken it at a higher dose than about half of that in over a decade. When I was a teenager I couldn't get enough of the stuff, but it's pretty exhausting and I think I've learned all I can from it.

Reading these stories is bad ass and makes me excited for the day that LSD makes its way my way again. It's been a while, but I have memories of using it with whip-its and becoming some strange metallic cube breathing in and out, with giant spiked cones on each side. I've also 'hit the jackpot' and become one of a million identical faces all on giant wheels rotating and breathing in and out of tubes all connected. Both of these times "I" as aBore was completely gone and this new reality completely took over. I've had other profound experiences, but these were the times (that I remember) where I was no longer myself.

Reading these stories is bad ass and makes me excited for the day that LSD makes its way my way again. It's been a while, but I have memories of using it with whip-its and becoming some strange metallic cube breathing in and out, with giant spiked cones on each side. I've also 'hit the jackpot' and become one of a million identical faces all on giant wheels rotating and breathing in and out of tubes all connected. Both of these times "I" as aBore was completely gone and this new reality completely took over. I've had other profound experiences, but these were the times (that I remember) where I was no longer myself.

I think LSD is only made more special with long breaks in between. In due time <3

MY last LSD trip caused anxiety attacks for about two weeks until I converted to Buddhism. I have been happy ever since.

There's no way the human tongue can be expected to wrap its vocabulary around the Shogun + 5 experience!!!

i had an experience thats kinda hard to remember fully and hard to describe but I was in my car (friend was driving) and as we passed people it was like i was put in their shoes and could feel their emotions, then I had an a moment where I was sitting in the car and I felt like everything I had ever done had led to that moment in time, and that moment in time was the most important moment of my life, I felt like I had found the answer to the universe and knew everything that was gonna happen. I started crying lol