• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Spiritual Experiences / Plus Four / ++++

if there is a god, or a heaven, it is a state of mind that rest within us all....

The truth. The kingdom of heaven is within.

Someone needs to turn that priest on.

(I had a moment waiting for the Fooball 09 season to finally kick off.)

i just have certain fundamental dissagrements with many of the apsects of christianity, i would have prefered to grow up in a buddhist lifestyle....

Buddhism is a religion. As such is yet another line of pedagogous bullshit. In my opinion.

I agree with some of your other points though :)

Buddhism is a religion. As such is yet another line of pedagogous bullshit. In my opinion.

meh, they don't so much worship a god as they try to live by the example of buddah...

If christianity was more "try to live a good life" and not "do what we say is right or else god will have you burning in hell for all eternity" i might be more willing...

all religions are probably flawd..... If there is a god, us understanding it would be something like a chimpanzee comprehending nuclear physics....

I think it's so obvious that heaven was meant to show a world (THIS WORLD) which could exist if everyone treated each other nicely and showed unconditional love and kindness towards everything.

I don't understand how so many people dedicated to religion, who revere faith over science, can take everything in the world, including their bible, so god damned literally.

jahmaica said:
meh, they don't so much worship a god as they try to live by the example of buddah...

If christianity was more "try to live a good life" and not "do what we say is right or else god will have you burning in hell for all eternity" i might be more willing...

Christianity is supposed to be "try to live a good life" but they've failed miserably. Buddhists did a better job. Sort of.

Christianity is supposed to be "try to live a good life" but they failed miserably. Buddhists did a better job.

Most religions have been failing for as long as they have existed....

People use their faith as justification for violence and hatred towards others which goes in a completely counter productive direction....

How much more could the general whole of humanity produced if we had not been so concerned with religious wars through history? Working together to better our world instead of killing each other.... Sadly we have shown through history that we would rather put a sword through someone than be accepting of their views time and time again....

I don't disagree that religion is pure hypocrisy but I do shudder slightly when Buddhism is exempted from that. "Terrorists" come from all creeds - violence is tragically human even amongst Buddhists.

PS: The "Terrorist" thing is not meant to be politically charged - just to point out that many fucked up people use their ostensibly pacifist religions to justify decidedly non-pacifist ends. If folks follow a "teacher" - whoever they may be and whatever Truth they peddle - they are easily waylaid. My opinion.

Buddhism is not a religion, it's a philosophy.

Haha my Asian Religions professor from last semester would go off on a tyrade about the ridiculousness of that particular phrase almost every class period. Buddhism is most certainly a religion in every sense of the word.

I think you're confusing Buddhism with Buddhist Modernism, the stripped-down version that we're often exposed to in the western world.

it's so subjective I don't really believe in scorecards when it comes to this kinda stuff.

Damn straight.

I find we judge and analyze our experiences too much and try to rate them on some objective scale.

It's all a bunch of BS in the end. :)

Damn straight.

I find we judge and analyze our experiences too much and try to rate them on some objective scale.

It's all a bunch of BS in the end. :)

I don't think we can rate our experiences on any kind of scale either. Everyone is different, a small trip for one person might be pretty serious to another person.
On the other hand, i don't think that we should ignore things like Shulgins scale, as long as you remember that it is one man's opinion on the experience, not something that everyone should go by.

It happens

Yes,
This reminds me of all the ridiculous people who would recommend 3.5 grams of cubes to a first time user.
Its just so damn irresponsible.

The most annoying dumbasses in that "crew" are likely the ones who dont plan on being around for the persons mindblowing trip.
WHAT A GREAT BIT OF ADVISE!

The score cards are bullshit. They love that crap on the shroomery and on erowid.
Most of those people are candy kids. They cant see it like intelligent people do so they basically rate their trip by how high they are and how confused they get.
Its true.

Know your doses kids, start low and dont listen to a word any asshole has to say on the internet(Unless that person is someone like me).................lol

I have taken retarded amounts of mushrooms and lsd, but never for even one second forgot how to play the guitar or tie my damn shoes.
Have I experienced ego loss? Hell yes.
Its a process though.....Its not hit or miss obviously.
Never forgot my name and never resisted the effects of the drugs.
My goal is not to become confused and powerless.
I prefer a symbiotic relationship with the chemicals I am taking. A team effort, not fucking delerium +++++......lol
Bring on the schizotypal shit, but im not going to forget where I am or even how to tie my shoes.
Im also not one of those assholes who claims to see faces and all sorts of stupid shit instead of super interesting visuals. (Sorry, I just dont think some of you people get it AT ALL, and I want to help you find that more mature path toward previously unfathomable things)
So maybe you know where im coming from (depending on the reader obviously).

Yes, I have had intense spiritual exeriences on lsd. Im not bitching, I just cant wait till the whole world gets in on this piece of the pie.
I guess for me, it all started with fractal geometry and the big bang and how I can fit as closely as possible into the unmoved mover. Evolution and my concept of what god really is.

Theoretical physics and even algebra are a part of this organism. I could never pretend otherwise.
Plus, I collected bugs and was a child artist/musician, so fuck all you haters....lol just kidding
Love yalls.
They told me better things have been done in this place.
So I tried to understand all you fuckers, my way around, and what this overmind consisted of.

Hope someone reads this.

Yes,
This reminds me of all the ridiculous people who would recommend 3.5 grams of cubes to a first time user.

The most annoying dumbasses in that "crew" are likely the ones who dont plan on being around for the persons mindblowing trip.

The score cards are bullshit. They love that crap on the shroomery and on erowid.
Most of those people are candy kids. They cant see it like intelligent people do so they basically rate their trip by how high they are and how confused they get.
Its true.

Know your doses kids, start low and dont listen to a word any asshole has to say on the internet(Unless that person is someone like me).................lol

I have taken retarded amounts of mushrooms and lsd, but never for even one second forgot how to play the guitar or tie my damn shoes.
not fucking delerium +++++......lol
Bring on the schizotypal shit, but im not going to forget where I am or even how to tie my shoes.

Believe it or not, some of us enjoy obliterating everything we have ever known and being left to pick up the pieces....

sometimes it best to embrace the chaos, the confusion, and madness and just let go.... One of my most life changing trips was the most confusing and insanity filled experiences i have ever gone through.... It was also one of the most purely beautiful experiences of my life.

oh and if you can still remember your name, where you are, etc, you probably still have some shred of an ego..... I believe a ++++ exeprience can come from lower doses of acid than a heroic dose, i certainly could still function during it, but it was one of the most powerfully beautiful things i have ever experience, anything one can call "religious" in my mind is a ++++.... Something that transends a bit of visuals and strange thoughts in ways that words don't exist to describe the experience... a ++++ really doesn't require you to destroy the ego, it just happens.

Personally though i have never walked out of a trip thinking "that was a bit too much" Although i was perfectly content with 1 nitrous balloon on 500ug LSD and 250mg MDMA....Maybe i just need to dose higher....

On LSD i have found no amount up to this point that has me tripping to hard to be comfortable, mushrooms just cause some people to go a little bit delerious in high doses... it happens....

Let people dose with what they are comfortable with.... I reccomend 2 hits for a first acid trip if there tripping with a buddy.... Mushrooms, anwhere from 2-3.5g.... I ate 2g my first time and was throughly dissapointed, bright colors and whatnot, shitty shrooms i guess....

Yes,

Its true.

I prefer a symbiotic relationship with the chemicals I am taking. A team effort, not fucking delerium +++++......lol
Im also not one of those assholes who claims to see faces and all sorts of stupid shit instead of super interesting visuals. (Sorry, I just dont think some of you people get it AT ALL, and I want to help you find that more mature path toward previously unfathomable things)

Yes, I have had intense spiritual exeriences on lsd. Im not bitching, I just cant wait till the whole world gets in on this piece of the pie.
I guess for me, it all started with fractal geometry and the big bang and how I can fit as closely as possible into the unmoved mover. Evolution and my concept of what god really is.

Theoretical physics and even algebra are a part of this organism. I could never pretend otherwise.
Plus, I collected bugs and was a child artist/musician, so fuck all you haters....lol just kidding
Love yalls.
They told me better things have been done in this place.
So I tried to understand all you fuckers, my way around, and what this overmind consisted of.

Hope someone reads this.

i dont agree with this at all. but i personally like to get 'lost' on psychs. if your still able to tie your shoes and play your guitar on 'retarded' amounts of shrooms or lsd then i would hardly consider it a 'retarded' amount.

(Sorry, I just dont think some of you people get it AT ALL, and I want to help you find that more mature path toward previously unfathomable things)

Could you be any more condescending and pretentious??? :|

I've seen faces on 4 grams of mushrooms in the dark, it was intense.

But I'm just saying I can see how "faces" are a thing that can be seen on high dose mushrooms, things tend to get ridiculous = )

Like the guy above said, embrace the chaos. Sometimes trips are dark, especially on plant psychedelics.

i saw a sammadhi buddah amongst the fractals on 4 hits of LSD....

I saw a mario sillohette in the trees.....

Crazy visuals happen...

A balloon of nitrous of 500ug LSD and 250mg molly.... I can't really describe what i saw.... But when i came back to physical reality it took me a few seconds to get my bearings... it was that feeling when you come back to reality from salvia and just think "what the fuck" then realize that it was drugs that provided the strangeness...

Yes,

I don't see anything wrong with that. Actually I don't even think 3.5 grams is enough.

To me there's nothing worse than threshold or weak doses of mushrooms, it's boring and all it does for me is make my visual sense more "accute" with no huge psychedelic effects.

IMO you need at least 4-5 grams to trip on your typical cubensis. I am not talking about other stronger psilocybin mushrooms though. Some are so strong you only need very few grams.

But really, it's better to jump in than to put your foot in the water. The worst that can happen is a crazy trip that makes you shit your pants....but isn't that the point when eating mushrooms?

I've taken 4 grams of strong mushrooms and tripped so hard that I thought I was dying and wasn't on drugs. it was real. Isn't that the point?

Take lots of mushrooms and have a trip for heaven sakes I say. You won't go insane. Some of the best trips I've had were my bad trips where I wanted it to end. You need to see the darkness before you get glimpse of the light.

IME, mushrooms can induce a terrifying psychosis-like delerium at high doses. Personally I would recommend against it unless you're already experienced with psilocybe mushrooms.